You pull the pizza out of the oven and marvel at the crispy, golden-brown gluten-free crust and the gorgeous, melted goat’s cheese on top. It smells divine, and you can’t wait to tuck in with the family, but something is missing. Some fresh rocket to top the pizza is the perfect way to round up the meal’s flavor profile. You reach into the crisper drawer in the fridge and pull out the packet of fresh arugula to shred on the pizza. Unfortunately, it’s been in there longer than you think, and it’s limp and soggy. Great, now what?
You were looking forward to the pizza, the rocket seemed like the perfect finishing touch – and now you have a let down on the entire experience. Oh well.
What if there was a way you could always have fresh herbs and leafy greens on hand in the kitchen? Imagine fresh arugula for the pizza picked seconds before serving? What if you could grow salad greens in your kitchen? Imagine the money you can save during the year and the difference in the flavors in your food. With an indoor herb garden, you have fresh herbs and leafy veggies on hand year-round.
In this review, we’ll look at the best AeroGarden reviews and make our recommendations on the best indoor herb gardens for your home. Whether you’re living in a small apartment or a multi-family home, we have an option to suit your pace and your growing requirements.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Aerogarden Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 AeroGarden Buyer’s Guide
- 4.1 What Is an AeroGarden?
- 4.2 What Can I Grow in My AeroGarden?
- 4.3 What Do I Look for in an AeroGarden?
- 4.4 What AeroGarden Accessories Do I Need?
- 5 AeroGarden FAQs
- 6 AeroGardens – The Verdict
We selected these models as our top ten AeroGardens for your home from the hundreds of listings from dozens of manufacturers. From those ten, we selected these top three picks. These AeroGardens represent the best models we could find online. We selected the best overall, premium, and budget model. There’s an AeroGarden in these three picks to suit your growing area and production requirements.
Best Pick: AeroGarden Bounty
- THE BOUNTY BASIC - Perfect for a variety of BIG harvests (herbs, salads, tomatoes, peppers & more).Stay in complete control of your garden using the new high-resolution control panel and keep plants thriving while you're away with the new Vacation Mode feature.Up your garden game and join the Bounty family at an affordable price.
- IN-HOME GARDEN SYSTEM - Home grown freshness & flavor right at your fingertips 365 days a year!Grow fresh herbs & veggies right on your kitchen countertop with this indoor herb garden.
- NO SOIL, NO MESS - Plants grow in water with this hydroponic growing system.Grow up to 9 plants, up to 24" tall in your indoor garden.Just drop in the non-GMO, pre-seeded pods and watch them grow.Sprouts in days, harvests in weeks and lasts for months with a 100% germination guarantee.
- THE WORLD'S LEADING COUNTERTOP GARDEN - Energy efficient 30 watt LED Grow Lights deliver the perfect spectrum for fast growth & big harvests.Smart garden technology automatically turns lights on & off and reminds you when to add water and liquid plant food.
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GROW - 9-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit with Genovese Basil (x2), Thai Basil, Curly Parsley, Italian Parsley, Thyme, Chives Dill, Mint and nurtured by our specially formulated Miracle-Gro liquid plant food, enough for a full season of growth. Also includes a 6 inch tall trellis. All natural & non-GMO.
The AeroGarden Bounty wins our award for the best overall AeroGarden in this review. This model underwent stringent testing by NASA for inclusion in programs designed to grow food on the International Space station. With the AeroGarden Bounty, you get a unique CFL lighting system for efficient operation, powerful, adjustable lighting modes. This model grows plants 5X faster than conventional gardens, with automatic watering and lighting cycles.
Premium Pick: AeroGarden Farm
- INCLUDES SALAD BAR SEED KIT (24 POD) : Mixture of heirloom greens, flavor packed herbs, and ripe, juicy cherry tomatoes & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural Plant Nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- MORE VARIETY : Location, location, location. With the Aero Garden Farm, you’re free to think beyond just the counter top; This indoor garden can grow up to 24 plants, up to 12 inches tall
- SMARTEST GARDEN ON MARKET : A smarter garden is a better garden; The Aero Garden Farm is enabled with Wi Fi technology; Control key hydroponics growing system features like turning lights on and off from your smart device via the free AeroGarden app; With reminders right to your phone you’ll never miss a watering or feeding, and you’ll have easy 1 touch posting to social media for showing off pictures of your lush and beautiful garden with friends and family
- LED LIGHTS : High performance, full spectrum 60 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN HOME GARDEN SYSTEM : Grow fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this indoor herb garden; Always fresh, always local, always in season
Homeowners looking for the best premium AeroGarden will love the Farm model. This unit is a great choice for feeding large families, with 24-growing sites. These farms are stackable, allowing you to scale your operation without increasing the footprint of your farm. The AeroGarden Farm comes with an adjustable 12″ grow height. It also connects to your home Wi-Fi network, providing notifications to the dedicated app on your smartphone. You get a fully managed solution; all you have to do is add water and nutrients.
Budget Pick: AeroGarden Sprout
- BRAND NEW DESIGN - Experience better plant growth from your AeroGarden Sprout indoor garden with a sleek modern look, new silent pump, and simple soft-touch button to control lights and reset plant food reminders
- PLANT TO PLATE - up to 3 plants can be grown at a time, up to 10" tall. Plants grow in water, not soil - an advanced indoor garden made simple!
- HIGH EFFICIENCY LED LIGHTS - Our energy efficient full spectrum 10-watt LED grow lights tune to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (3 POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, and Dill & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- ALWAYS HOMEGROWN: FRESH. EASY. SAFE. - AeroGarden has been providing fresh, safe food options for over fifteen years and is the market leader for indoor hydroponic growing systems
If you live in an apartment and want a compact herb garden for your kitchen, we recommend the AeroGarden Sprout. This model features three growing sites and an adjustable-height LED grow light. The light comes with a full-spectrum operation and touch-button light cycles. You get a streamlined, sleek design, with 10-Watts of light. The AeroGarden Sprout comes with a one-touch operation and a sleep mode for silent pump operation at night.
After reading through the top picks in this review, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll also look at a few other models that qualify for the best AeroGarden.
Make sure you check out our buyer’s guide after the review. We’ll give you some tips for choosing the best AeroGarden for your needs.
If you’re looking for the best indoor AeroGarden, we recommend the AeroGarden Bounty model. This AeroGarden is a top choice for soilless growing indoors. You get everything you need to set up and grow tasty herbs and veggies in one package.
The AeroGarden Bounty grows your plants 5X faster than traditional soil mediums, producing happy, healthy plants. The Ultra comes with a user-friendly interactive control panel, providing you with on-screen message prompts to help you through every phase of the growing cycle – from seed to harvest.
The AeroGarden Bounty comes with seven planting sites and easy assembly in minutes. This model relies on CFL bulbs for lighting your garden, providing efficient operation and powerful performance. The grow light uses around 25% less power than a traditional 100-watt incandescent bulb.
With the AeroGarden Bounty, you get a gourmet herb seed kit included with your purchase. The AeroGarden Bounty is also a NASA tested solution for growing herbs at the international space station. You get access to cutting edge technology and faster growing times for your herb garden with the AeroGarden Bounty.
- Three compact CFL grow lights
- Advanced user-friendly control panel
- Interactive LCD
- NASA tested technology
- Step-by-step setup
- 7-pod gourmet herb seed kit included
Homeowners looking for the best premium indoor herb garden in this review will love the AeroGarden Farm. This model comes with 24 growing sites, allowing for the largest indoor herb gardens. The new adjustable, advanced LED grown lights come with a full-spectrum design and 60-Watts of growing power.
With the AeroGarden Farm, you get a 12-inch row height for your plants and an adjustable canopy to keep your plants growing optimally. This model includes a stackable design, allowing you to take advantage of vertical space without cluttering your home.
This model integrates with the AeroGarden app on your smart device, and it connects to your home’s Wi-Fi network. As a result, you get notifications on the growing cycle and reminders for adding water and nutrients to the reservoir.
The AeroGarden Farm is a top choice for any homeowner looking to grow most of their herbs and leafy greens at home. You get full touchscreen control over the growing cycle, along with customizable lighting options to suit the plant’s development.
- 24-plant capacity
- Adjustable grow light height up to 12”
- Stackable design
- Touch screen control panel
- Integrates with Wi-Fi
- Compatible with Alexa
- Sync with AeroGarden app
If you’re an apartment dweller, and you’re looking for a compact AeroGarden for your windowsill or kitchen counter, we recommend this Sprout model. The Sprout comes with three planting sites and the same intelligent automatic watering and lighting system you find on other top-of-the-line AeroGarden models.
You get high-efficiency LED grow lights with a full-spectrum operation for optimal growth in your plants. You get a silent pump, so it won’t disturb you at night if you own a studio apartment. This model has a maximum light canopy height of 10”, with automatic operation and managed light cycles.
The AeroGarden Sprout comes with a delicate one-touch operation and a user-friendly setup. This model comes with an accessory kit and a gourmet herb seed kit included with your purchase. It’s the ideal starter kit for students and young people living in smaller spaces.
- Compact design for small spaces
- Silent pump
- Grows up to three plants
- Efficient 10-Watt LED grow light
- Soft-button control
- Includes gourmet seed kit
Kozzyfresh Indoor Garden
The KozzyFresh indoor garden is another top premium choice in this review. You get 15-grow sites in this garden, with options for vertical stacking to increase capacity. The KozzyFresh is another excellent option for feeding your family fresh greens year-round.
This model includes a sturdy plastic chassis, with the lighting system mounted to the top of the unit. You get a professional-grade 35-Watt LED grow light, with full-spectrum functionality and adjustable growing heights.
You get a stable, anti-flicker LED grow lamp, offering efficient operation. This model comes with ABS plastic construction, making it suitable for use around the home. You get fully programmable growing cycles with an automated growing process.
This unit also comes with an internal airflow system, ensuring your plants get enough fresh air to thrive. The KozzyFresh indoor garden comes with a full accessory kit, including seedling trays, measuring cups, and planting sponges.
- One-button startup
- 15-grow sites
- Full-spectrum LED grow light
- Stackable design
- ABS plastic body that’s safe for use around children
- Accessory kit included
VegeBox Smart Growing System
The VegeBox Smart Growing System is an excellent choice for your indoor herb garden. This model comes with a complete kit to get your growing right away. The VegeBox features 12 planting sites for your herbs, with an automatic watering operation to save you time.
The VegeBox features a 22-Watt, high-efficiency grow lamp, featuring a full light spectrum. You get a 2-liter reservoir, and the system comes with nutrients included for growing your veggies. The grow lamp features an adjustable 135-degree operating angle, with built-in blue, red, green, and IR light to help your plants thrive.
This model comes with a simple, user-friendly operation, featuring touch-operation. You get timed light cycles for optimal growth, and it only requires refilling with water every two weeks.
The Vegebox comes with a full accessory kit, including 20 planting baskets, 18 sponges, eight grow caps, one seedbox cultivator. You also get 60ml bottles of A and B nutrients, with a non-woven bag, user manual, tweezers, and measuring cup included with your purchase.
- Automatic operation with timer
- Full-spectrum 22-Watt LED grow light
- Adjustable 135-degree angle light canopy
- 12 growing sites with 2L reservoir
- Accessory kit included
iDOO Indoor Growing System
The iDOO indoor growing kit is another ideal choice for small apartments and families. This model comes with seven grow sites and automatic watering. The iDOO comes with a high-powered, full-spectrum LED grow light. The light offers a good balance between red and blue light, providing optimal growing conditions for your plants.
The iDOO indoor growing kit comes with an adjustable lighting canopy, allowing heights between 1.5” to 13.5”. There are three lighting modes, allowing you to choose between normal, enjoy, and grow modes. This model comes with adjustable light cycles for 8/16 and 12/12 hour operation.
The pump also features a sleep mode for quiet pump operation at night. There are two water circulation modes, providing your plants with the nutrients they need to thrive. This model has an easy setup, and you’ll be ready to plant in minutes.
You get full control of the system through the dedicated control panel, allowing for easy one-touch operation. You get nutrient solution provided with your kit, and planting sponges included.
- Three smart growing modes
- High-performance 24-Watt LED light
- Full-spectrum lighting
- 2 water pump circulation modes
- Adjustable height lighting canopy
- 7 planting sites
The AeroGarden Harvest is a top model for your indoor garden. This unit features a powerful 20-Watt LED grow light, featuring full-spectrum red and blue lighting for an excellent balance. You get a 12″ extendable light arm, with automatic light cycles to suit your plants’ growth.
This model comes with automatic reminders and suggestions on what actions you need to take to maintain the system. The simplified control panel gives you growing instructions, with light indicator buttons to show you if you need to add plant food or water to the reservoir.
The AeroGarden Harvest features six growing sites, with a large reservoir and nutrients included with your purchase. You’ll receive six pre-seeded grow pods, and growing times 5X faster than traditional methods, giving you harvests every six to eight weeks.
- Full-spectrum 20-Watt LED
- Automatic growing cycles
- 12” light canopy height
- Control panel with easy operation
- 6 growing sites
- Nutrients and seed kit included
AeroGarden Harvest Elite 360
The AeroGarden Harvest Elite is a step up from the Harvest model we covered earlier. With this indoor garden, you get all the benefits of the Harvest model, including the thin, streamlined lighting hood, featuring 20-Watt LEDs to power the growth cycle of your plants.
This model comes with a large reservoir and a circular 360-degree design that ideal for kitchen islands. You get six growing sites, along with pre-seeded pods for easy setup. The Harvest Elite comes with an LCD control panel, featuring easy operation.
You get preprogrammed light cycles for 6/18 hours and 12/12 light cycles, with the push-button operation. This model includes an elegant stainless steel design, with a vacation mode included in the programming, allowing for automatic watering and light management while you’re out of town.
This model comes with a sleek, streamlined design, taking the appearance of a pot. You get easy maintenance of the unit, along with a full accessory kit including nutrients with your purchase.
- 360-degree light canopy and planter design
- Gourmet herb seed kit included
- Full-spectrum grow light
- 20-Watt high-efficiency LED
- 12” height
- Comes with gourmet seed kit and nutrients
- Touch-button controls
- LCD display panel
- Automatic operation
- Gourmet herb seed kit included
AeroGarden Harvest Elite
This AeroGarden Elite model features a rectangular design instead of the 360-degree version we covered earlier. This model also comes with the same streamlined, sleek design as the 360-model, featuring a brushed stainless steel design.
You get six planting sites and a gourmet seed kit included, along with all the accessories you need to get your garden up and ready for use. This model comes with the same advanced LCD control panel as the 360-degree model, with automatic watering and vacation mode to take care of your plants while you’re out of town.
The AeroGarden Harvest Elite features the same 20-Watt high-power LED grow light in a rectangular design for optimal light coverage. You get an adjustable canopy height up to 12” and easy one-touch button operation to switch between lighting modes.
The LCD on the device shows you the days since planting, the plant food timer, and automatic reminders for adding water or nutrients to the reservoir.
- Full-spectrum grow light
- 20-Watt high-efficiency LED
- 12” height
- Comes with gourmet seed kit and nutrients
- Touch-button controls
- LCD display panel
- Automatic operation
- Gourmet herb seed kit included
AeroGarden AeroVoir Garden System
If you have an AeroGarden, one of the biggest maintenance challenges is ensuring you always have the right water level in your reservoir. If the water drops too low, it affects the growth rate of your plants. Fortunately, the AeroGarden systems in this review come with automatic reminders for refilling your reservoir.
However, what are you going to do if you’re going away for a few weeks to the beach? The AeroGarden AeroVoir System is a top choice to extend your system’s watering duties while you’re away. With the AeroVoir, you get enough water to your plants, even when you’re not around.
This model comes with a slimline design and fits any AeroGarden model. This unit comes with A 1.3-gallon capacity and a built-in primer pump for automatic operation. Take the watering tasks out of your hands, and give your AeroGarden the boost it needs with the AeroVoir.
- Automatic refills
- Slimline sleek design
- 3-gallon capacity
- User-friendly built-in primer pump
- Compatible with any AeroGarden system
Other Best Selling Options
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) - Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural plant nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- PLANT TO PLATE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches Tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water no soil, no mess, Made simple
- EASY TO USE - Control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system.Do not allow water to contact hot LED Grow Lights
- LED GROW LIGHTS - High performance, full Spectrum 20 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN HOME GARDEN SYSTEM - Grow fresh herbs & veggies all Year Round in this indoor herb garden. Always fresh, always local, always in season
- INCLUDES GOURMET HERB SEED KIT (6 POD) Genovese Basil, Curly Parsley, Dill, Thyme, Thai Basil and Mint & nurtured by all natural, chemical free Miracle Gro Plant Food (enough for a full season of growth)
- PLANT TO PLATE Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12 inches tall with this indoor garden; Grows in water no soil, no mess, made simple
- EASY TO USE: Digital display control panel includes vacation mode to keep your hydroponics growing system thriving when you're out of town and advanced garden settings for optimized growth
- LED GROW LIGHTS: High performance, full spectrum 20 watt LED high efficiency grow lighting system in your herb garden is tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- IN HOME GARDEN SYSTEM :Grow fresh herbs & veggies all year round in this indoor herb garden; Always fresh, always local, always in season
- EXCLUSIVE - During this deal only, get your AeroGarden Harvest 360 with an Heirloom Salad Seed Pod Kit pack-in. Our fastest growing seed kits will have you harvesting fresh salads right from your kitchen counter in no time! No more trips to the grocery store needed
- INCLUDES HEIRLOOM SALAD SEED KIT (6-POD) - 6 pre-seeded grow pods including Black Seeded Simpson, Deer Tongue, Parris Island, Marvel of 4 Seasons, Rouge D'iver and Red Sail plus a 3oz bottle of our patented, all natural Plant Nutrients (enough for a full season of growth)
- ALWAYS HOMEGROWN, FRESH & SAFE - Up to 6 plants grow at a time, up to 12" tall with this indoor garden. Grows in water right in your kitchen - no soil, no mess, made simple
- GROWS 5X FASTER THAN SOIL - High-performance, full spectrum 20-watt LED high efficiency grow lights in your herb garden are tuned to the specific needs of plants to maximize photosynthesis, resulting in rapid, natural growth and abundant harvests
- EASY TO USE & GROW - Control panel tells you when to add water, reminds you when to add plant food (included), and automatically turns lights on and off for your hydroponics growing system
- AeroGarden Harvest Elite 360 Stainless Steel
- Hydroponic Circulation System: This indoor garden germination kit is designed with a water circulation system, increasing the oxygen in water. Growing in the nutrient water faster than soil. You have total control over the weather all year round.
- High-Performance Grow Lights: The 24-Watt LED lights of the hydroponics growing system simulate the sunlight spectrum, promoting veggies photosynthesis in any weather. the indoor gardening with veggies can be placed in the kitchen, bedroom or office. The indoor garden kit is an educational gift for children, helping them to observe the process of growth. Parents and grandparents will also love year-round fresh veggies.
- 3 Smart Modes for Different Growth Stages: NORMAL MODE: 14h-on-and-10h-off-cycle, with red & blue & white LED lights, suitable for germination, bloom, viewing stage. GROW MODE: 16h-on-and-8h-off-cycle, with red & white LED lights, for germination and viewing stage. ENJOY MODE: 12h-on-and-12h-off-cycle, with 50% red & white LED lights, good for germination, bloom, viewing stage. Lights will be less noticeable in this mode.
- 2 Water Pump Circulation Modes: In normal mode, the water pump works for 30 mins and pauses for 30 mins. Switch the water pump to sleep mode by long-pressing the “PUMP SWITCH” for 5 seconds. The water pump will turn off for 12 hours and will then return to the normal cycle. You can enjoy a deep sleep in the same room as your home garden.
- Height-Adjustable Garden Kit: The height of the lighting part of the hydroponics growing system can be adjusted for veggies at different growth stages, helping veggies absorb energy from LED lights and promoting growth. And you can simultaneously grow as many as 7 plants up to 14.57 inches with the 7 included pods.
AeroGarden Buyer’s Guide
With 2021 bringing with it potential food shortages, we all must start growing food at home. With supply chains facing pressure due to the pandemic, and farmers experiencing the worst harvests in decades, grocery stores are taking a hit.
Learning to grow food yourself is a rewarding experience. Taking a seedling to maturity allows you to teach yourself and your kids about plants’ growth cycle and where food comes from – it’s not the grocery store.
In this section, we’ll give you everything you need to know to select the best AeroGarden to suit your kitchen’s requirements.
What Is an AeroGarden?
An AeroGarden is a hydroponic growing system relying on water and air to feed the bubbler’s plants (reservoir). The system uses a pump to aerate the water, giving the plants everything they need for optimal nutrient absorption and rapid growth.
AeroGardens come in a range of sizes, with different lighting systems and functions. Understanding each system’s specifications allows you to select the best AeroGarden to suit your family’s food requirements and the available space in your kitchen.
What Can I Grow in My AeroGarden?
AeroGardens allow you to grow any herbs and plants you like. However, most systems have limitations on height. Smaller AeroGardens with seven or less planting sites are good options for herbs and leafy greens.
Larger models like the AeroGarden Farm accommodates a wider range of vegetables for your indoor garden. AeroGardens make it easy to grow a wide selection of herbs and leafy vegetables like spinach and lettuce.
What Do I Look for in an AeroGarden?
When selecting the best AeroGarden for your kitchen, we recommend looking at the following features in a prospective model.
The amount of planting sites in your AeroGarden determines how much food you can grow at one time. If you’re growing for yourself or a couple, then choose a system with seven growing sites or less.
Singles living in apartments will benefit from three growing sites, and large families can scale up to 24-growing sites or more.
If you need more growing capacity, consider buying a model that stacks vertically. With this design, you can scale your garden without taking up extra floor space.
Most models come with LED lighting systems. You need a light offering a full light spectrum giving the plants everything they need to grow and mature. LED lighting systems vary in power, depending on the growing system.
The smallest systems come with 10-Watt to 20-Watt outputs, while the larger farms come with up to 60-Watts of total light for your indoor garden.
Most AeroGarden models come with adjustable canopy heights, allowing you to position the light over the plants at the right height to prevent the seedlings’ burning.
Look for models that come with lighting modes and automatic lighting cycles with a timer function. These lighting systems allow you to alter the lighting cycle when turning the plants into the fruiting phase.
Your AeroGarden should feature design and construction with durable materials. The AeroGarden Harvest series features stainless steel bodies and durable reservoirs. Other models feature design with BPA-free ABS plastics for durability and lightweight construction.
Watering system and Pump
All AeroGardens require a watering system and pump to deliver air and nutrients to your plants’ roots. Some models come with top-off tanks for easy watering, with aeration provided by built-in aeration tubes.
If you live in a studio apartment, look for models like the AeroGarden Sprout. These systems come with run-silent pumps that don’t keep you awake at night.
All AeroGardens come with automated watering plans, mitigating your watering duties. Some models also feature a “vacation mode,” allowing the automatic watering of your plants while you’re away.
The reservoir on your AeroGarden should have enough capacity to last your plants for two weeks. Most models come with 1-liter to 2-liter reservoirs on the smaller models. Larger models may have reservoir capacities up to 2-gallons.
The control panel on your AeroGarden helps you monitor the growing cycle. The control panel gives you a readout on days since planting, the light cycle, and when to water and feed your plants.
One-Touch Button Operation
Look for models offering easy one-touch operation for watering and adjusting the light cycle.
The top AeroGarden models, like the AeroGarden Farm, come with smart features. It connects to your home Wi-Fi system, allowing integration with Alexa. As a result, you get a voice-activated operation of the system for an enhanced user-friendly interface.
What AeroGarden Accessories Do I Need?
Most AeroGardens come with accessory kits, giving you everything you need for a plug-and-play AeroGarden. Here are the basic accessories to look for in a prospective model.
- Sponges and Seedpods – Must AeroGarden models come with pre-seeded seed sponges and pods ready for set up in your system.
- Plant Spacer Kits – If you have empty growing sites in your reservoir, fill the holes with these plugs. The plugs prevent debris and dirt from entering the system, and they also prevent algae growth.
- Replacement Filters – You’ll need these for your pump. After a while, the filter packs with debris and slime, reducing its efficacy and efficiency.
- Grow Domes – A grow dome is a handy accessory for seedlings. Fit it over the seed pod, and create a mini-greenhouse environment for your plants to help them thrive.
- pH Meters – A pH meter helps you check your water’s pH before adding it to the system. Most plants prefer a pH of 6.5. Going over or under this number reduces the yield and harvest of your plants. With a pH meter, you ensure your plants have optimal growing conditions throughout the plant life cycle.
What is the lifespan of herbs growing in AeroGardens?
According to professional gardeners, the average herb lifespan is 4-months. However, with an AeroGarden, you get faster development of your plant’s thanks to the system’s optimal growing conditions.
How often do I need to add water to my AeroGarden?
Keep the water level topped off at all times. You can let the system run for two weeks before refilling, but it’s better for your plants if you top off the reservoir frequently. Make sure that you only add plant food when the system notifies you through the control panel. Overfeeding your plants may cause them to burn.
Can I reuse my Aerogarden pods?
You can keep the plastic lids and grow pods you receive with your AeroGarden, and reuse them. However, make sure you sterilize the pods after each use and remove all debris.
Where can I purchase the best AeroGarden?
We recommend you pick up your AeroGarden from Amazon. Amazon has the best range of AeroGardens, at the best prices. You get buyer protection on your order, and Prime members get fast, free shipping to their doorstep. Amazon also offers hassle-free exchanges and returns if there’s anything wrong with your system.
AeroGardens – The Verdict
An AeroGarden allows you to grow fresh herbs and salad greens in your kitchen year-round. With an AeroGarden, you never have to deal with that wilted arugula again. You get fresh, crispy herbs and veggies for your meals, bursting with color and flavor.
By now, you should have an idea of the best AeroGarden to suit your indoor growing needs. There are models in this review to fit any size kitchen and any family or single-persons herb and veggie requirements.
However, if you’re on the fence with your decision, why not go with one of our top picks?
The AeroGarden Ultra is our top choice for the best overall AeroGarden in this review. You get a powerful CFL growing lamp, with accreditation and testing by NASA for growing in the challenging environmental conditions of outer space. This model comes with an LCD control panel, automatic watering, and light cycles. The AeroGarden Ultra is the ideal choice for couples or small families.
The AeroGarden Farm is our option for the best premium model in this review. You get a 24-planting site garden, with adjustable height Grow lamps to 12″. This model comes with powerful 60-Watt grow lamps for optimal growth. This model includes a stackable design, allowing for vertical scaling of your garden to suit your family’s food requirements.
The AeroGarden Sprout is a great choice for singles living in apartments or studios. You get three growing sites with a 10-Watt LED grow light. This model offers adjustable Light canopy height, and you get automatic operation, with nutrients included with your purchase.