Finding indoor plant stands isn’t really hard; just head to any department or home supply store, or visit any online retailer, and you’ll find an endless array of options to choose from in a wide range of sizes, colors, materials, and designs.
With so many different types of indoor plant stands, how do you decide which one will work best for you? – By doing some research. To help simplify the process of selecting the best indoor plant stand, we have taken the liberty of doing the research for you.
Below, you’ll find detailed reviews of our picks for the best indoor plant stands, which highlight the key features that each one offers. We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide, which details some of the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you are shopping for an indoor plant stand.
We wrap things up by answering questions to some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about indoor plant stands. With the information you’ll find in this guide, you should be able to choose the right indoor plant stand that will best suit your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Indoor Plant Stand Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Indoor Plant Stands Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Indoor Plant Stand FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
If you don’t have a lot of time to read through our more in-depth reviews but you still want to be able to find a high-quality, reliable, and beautiful indoor plant stand, than this section is for you.
- The Best Pick: TOETOL Wood Plant Stand
Our pick for the best overall indoor plant stand is this option from TOETOL. Constructed of premium, natural carbonized New Zealand pine wood, it’s extremely durable and can stand up moisture, soil, and sunlight. With a 37 foot contact area with eight fixed legs and a 30×15 mm thick frame, this plant stand can support up to 100 pounds of weight.
- The Premium Pick: Tribesigns 5-Tier Plant Stand
If you’re looking for a high-end, premium-quality indoor plant stand and you have some extra room in your budget to spare, the Tribesigns 5-Tier Plant Stand is a great choice and our pick for the best premium stand. It features two separate stands that stand next to one another to create what appears to be a single and beautiful display.
- The Budget Pick: Corpree Bamboo 5 Tier 6 Potted Plant Stand Rack
If you’re looking for a high-quality, visually appealing, durable, and reliable indoor plant stand that won’t break the bank, the Corpree Bamboo 5 Tier 6 Potted Plant Stand Rack is a great choice. Constructed of natural, anti-corrosion, insect-protected bamboo, it’s strong, sturdy, and can withstand moisture, soil, and sunlight.
Indoor Plant Stand Reviews
Now that you’ve read through our picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget plant stands, let’s take a closer look. In this part of our guide, we provide more detailed overviews of our picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget indoor plant stands, as well as a few additional high-quality models. We also include a list of pros and cons for each option so that you can better determine which one will best suit your specific needs.
Toetol Wood Plant Stand
Our pick for the best overall indoor plant stand is the Toetol Wood Plant Stand. It’s made of premium-quality New Zealand pine wood that undergoes 300 degree C temperature carbonization, it’s extremely durable; in fact, it has a weight capacity of 100 pounds and can withstand constant exposure to moisture, soil, and sunlight.
The four tier design with six separate shelves, you’ll have plenty of space to display a unique arrangement of indoor plants. The triangular design gives it more stability, so it’s less likely to tip over.
Sitting on four 360 degree castor wheels, it’s easy to move around to different locations; or, you can remove the wheels if you’d like to create a solitary stand. In addition to being used to display flowers, you can also use the Toetol Wood Plant Stand Indoor Plant Stand to display photos, books, trinkets, and anything else you might like to showcase.
- Made of carbonized natural New Zealand pine wood for extreme durability
- Offers a weight capacity of 100 pounds
- Unique four tier design with six separate shelves
- Inclined supports on the bottom and a triangular design increases the stability
- Stands on four high-grade castor wheels for easy portability
- Unique, modern look
- Affordably priced
- Multifunctional; can be used to display plants, as well as photos, books, or anything else you’d like
Tribesigns 5-Tier Plant Stand
If you’re looking for a high-end, one-of-a-kind indoor plant stand that serves as a living work of art, this option from Tribesigns is a great choice. It features two separate five tier pieces that have an arched design on the exterior that join together to create a contemporary look.
The curved design not only lends to the unique look, but it also adds to the stability of the piece; combined with the large shelves on the bottom of each piece, these plant stands are very durable.
There are a total of five shelves on each stand with hooks on the bottom of each of the top shelves that can be used to display hanging plants, you’ll have plenty of space to create a beautiful, eye-catching display.
Constructed of manufactured wood particleboard and featuring a varnished metal frame, it’s quite durable and can support a good bit of weight; however, do note that because it is made of particleboard, it should only be used indoors. In addition to the unique design, it’s also available in two different color options – black and white – so you’ll be able to find the perfect look to tie in with your interior design.
- Comprised of two separate stands that join together to create the look of a single indoor plant stand
- Unique contemporary design
- The exterior arches of each stand lends to the look and the stability of the stand
- Features five tiers for a total of 10 shelves and hooks on the underside of each stand to display hanging plants
- Constructed of thickened 0.98 inch E1, scratch-proof, wear-resistant particle board
- Can be separated to serve as single plants or joined together to create a single unit
Corpee Bamboo 5 Tier 6 Potted Plant Stand
The Corpee Bamboo 5 Tier 6 Potted Plant Stand is proof that you can get a high-quality, reliable, and beautiful indoor plant stand without having to spend a lot. Constructed of anti-corrosion, insect-protected, natural bamboo, it’s extremely durable and can stand up to moisture, soil, and sunlight.
It offers five shelves, so you’ll have plenty of space to display your indoor plants in a unique fashion. Measuring 15.7 inches by 8.3 inches by 40.2 inches and weighing 4.6 pounds, it’s highly portable and has a small enough footprint so that it doesn’t require a tremendous amount of space.
In addition to being used for plants, it can also be used to display photos, books, trinkets, or anything else you can think of. In addition to the high-quality design and the durable construction, the Corpree Bamboo 5 Tier 6 Potted Plant Stand is also very affordably priced.
- Constructed of corrosion-resistant and insect protected natural bamboo
- Five tier construction offers six display shelves
- Extremely durable, yet lightweight and easily portable
- Very well made
- Attractive minimalist design that will tie in with all types of interior décor
- Backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
- Affordably priced
Maghion Bamboo Tall Plant Stand Pot Holder
Another uniquely designed and durably constructed indoor plant stand is the Maghion Bamboo Tall Plant Stand Pot Holder. It’s constructed of 100 percent natural bamboo, so it’s very sturdy, can stand up to wear and moisture, and it’s ecologically friendly, too.
It’s available in three different sizes: 2 tier, 3 tier, and 4 tier – and the top and bottom shelves that offers enough space to hold up to four plants, depending on the size of the containers they’re planted in. The sturdy stand of the stand is strong enough to support pots that weigh up to 20 pounds and can resist wind and rain, so you can use it outdoors, such as on a patio, balcony, or deck, if you’d like.
In addition to being a free-standing plant stand, it can also be used to display or store anything else you can think of, such as books, photos, towels, toiletries, sundries, and even more.
Outfitted with simple planks and screws, as well as an easy to follow instruction manual, it’s simple to assemble. The dark brown color lends a natural look that will tie in beautifully with any type of interior design.
- Constructed of high-grade natural bamboo
- Durable and environmentally friendly
- Available in three sizes: two tiers, three tiers, and four tiers
- Can support pots that weigh up to 20 pounds
- Can resist rain and wind, so it’s suitable for outdoor use, too
- Versatile; use it to display plants, photos, books, or any other decorative element or even toiletries and sundries
- Natural look and dark brown finish will work with any type of interior décor
- Easy to assemble
Indegree Metal Plant Stand Flower Pot Holder
Next on our list of the best indoor plant stand is the Indefree Metal Plant Stand Flower Pot Holder. Constructed of metal that has been treated with a black powder-coated finish, it’s extremely durable and can withstand rust, so there’s no need to worry about it becoming damaged by moisture when you’re watering your plants.
The simple, contemporary design lends a beautiful look while the dark color will beautifully highlight the greenery of your houseplants. With two separate shelves and standing at 24.8 inches by 11.41 inches by 23.62 inches, it offers plenty of space to accommodate a nice collection of plants.
The surface of the shelf has been polished until it’s nice and smooth, which not only lends to the look, but also ensures that it’s safe to handle. Plus, because this plant stand is made of metal and not wood, there’s no need to worry about warping or insect infestation.
It’s easy to assemble, too, and it can be used to display plants, books, photos, or anything else that you might like to showcase; it can be used for storage, such as shoes, towels, and toiletries, too.
- Constructed of metal that’s treated with a black powder-coated finish
- Super durable, waterproof, and rustproof
- Two tier design offers enough space to accommodate up to 9 potted plants (depending on the size of the pots and plants)
- Simple, elegant design ties in with all types of interior décor
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Versatile; use it for plants, photos, trinkets, candles, or anything else you can think of
- Easy to assemble
- Affordably priced
Ufine 9 Tier Wood Plant Stand
If you need space to store a lot of indoor houseplants – or any other decorative elements (photos, candles, trinkets, books, etc.), the Ufine 9 Tier Wood Plant Stand is an outstanding choice.
Constructed of solid fir wood, a renewable resource, it’s eco-friendly and extremely durable; it’s also carbonized, which further adds to the durability of the wood and allows it to stand up to moisture, soil, sunlight, and just general wear and tear.
Featuring nine shelves and measuring 47.2 inches by 47.2 inches, by 10,2 inches, there is plenty of space to display a garden of plants; up to 17 plants! Despite the durability, it weighs just 14 pounds per layer, so you can move it around if you’d like. Back support offers increased stability to prevent toppling over.
Use it indoors or display it on a balcony, patio, deck, or balcony, or anywhere else you’d like. Very easy to assemble and given the size, it’s also very affordably priced.
- Constructed of natural, eco-friendly fir wood
- Treated with carbonization, it’s extremely durable and can withstand moisture and all types of wear and tear
- Nine tier design can accommodate up to 17 house plants
- Additional back support attached to the back of the stand provides extra stability
- Easy to assemble
- Simple look and versatile design
Other Best Selling Options
- STABILITY PLANT STAND - The plant stand is constructed out of durable iron and designed with 3 supporting points to increase the stability of the steel frame, Super sturdy and durable, which makes it durable and can support heavier plant.
- RUSTPROOF & LIGHTWEIGHT - Surface Electrostatic Painting Process, Anti-Corrosion Anti-Rust,so the iron stands suit for both indoor and outdoor using.The Metal Plant Stand is the perfect shelf for displaying your smaller plants and flowers without taking up a large amount of space.
- SAFETY AND STABILITY - The pedestal 3-leg integrated structure design makes the rustic plant stand more sturdy and maintains balance for a long time, we have verified that the plant stand can bear 100Lb and work continuously, Raised the height of multiple ferns.
- SIMPLE STYLE DESIGN - This 2 tier plant stand simple and elegant design is suitable for medieval decoration, classic, modern, light luxury, European, American and other furniture decorations. Widely use for indoor or outdoor. such as gardens,yard, porch, balconies, hallways, bathrooms, and in shops, homes, offices, etc.
- VERSATILE - The Metal Plant Stand is the perfect shelf for displaying your smaller plants and flowers without taking up a large amount of space. Weather-resistant for use indoors or outdoors, such as corner, entryway, garden, office, or bathroom.
- 【7 Pots Plant Stand】Unique design capable of holding 7 pot plants. The plant stand can be used as a decorative piece to organize your selection of plants. The stand is suitable for use indoors and outdoors.
- 【Durable And Sturdy】Wider width (12 inch) and clever use of the triangle stability principle makes the wood plant holder more stable.Also, plastic joints consolidate this plant stand.All of these give you more durable structure.
- 【Natural Wood With Carbonization】This plant rack is made of natural wood which underwent 1000 °F high temperature carbonization. Because of the carbonization process, no varnish or paint is required thus it is more safe for use and environmentally friendly
- 【Easy To Assemble】Explicit instruction and plastic joints make it easy to assemble. You may finish it within 15 minutes. We also offer you all tools may need.
- 【180 Days Worry-free Warranty】We offer 180 days warranty and 24h friendly customer service. If there are ever any issues about the product, please feel free to contact us and we will give you a free replacement or full refund.
- Space saving design allows your plants to appear anywhere in your home：The 3 tier plant stand It's very suitable for small space for your indoor & ourdoor plants. You can make full use of the corner space and you can put your gardening accessories on it not only for flowers and other plants. Fantastic design in space-saving, premium materials and exquisite work ship, this corner plant stand could hold 3 charming flowerpots steady.
- 100% pure iron and natural wood make the corner plant stand is more stable: Our wood plant stand indoor is made of 100% pure iron and natural wood, smooth and burr free, easy to maintain and wipe. Anti rust spraying process, firm and durable. The grid is arranged with uniform load bearing and not easy to deform.
- Surprise with upgraded design: Compared with other plant stand, The tray is larger than other plant stand and can hold heavier and larger plant pots. Iron poles are more problematic than wood poles of other planters and bear better weight. The base is larger and thicker than other plant stands, more stable than other competing products, and has better load-bearing effect. The tray surface is waterproof.
- Easy to Install in 10 minutes：Augosta wood plant stand is equipped with simple planks and screws. We provide an step by step instruction to help quick and easy assembly. You can install it in about 10 ~ 15 minutes. All parts and hardware are included.
- 360 Days Worry-free Warranty：We offer 360 days warranty and 24h friendly customer service. If there are ever any issues about the product, please let me know first and we will give you a free replacement or full refund.If you don't know how to refund, please send me and we will help you to do this.
Indoor Plant Stands Buyer’s Guide
There’s nothing better than being surrounded by nature, but just because you can’t be get outside, that doesn’t mean that you can’t surround yourself with natural beauty. What’s one of the best ways to bring the outdoors in? – Houseplants! Spider plants, ivy, succulents, eucalyptus, philodendron; there are so many different species of plants that thrive indoors, and there are so many benefits to filling your home or place of business with plants.
Not only do they add natural interest to any indoor location, but houseplants can also help to improve indoor air quality, can provide therapeutic benefits, can help to boost your productivity, and may be able to reduce your stress levels and even help you recover from illnesses faster.
No matter the shape or the size, if you plan on filling your home or office with plants, an indoor plant stand is a great investment. Sure, you could place them in a windowsill, you could also damage the material that the windowsill is made of.
You could also place them on the floor, but then you also run the risk of damaging the floor, as well as knocking them over; plus, little kids or pets could get to them (which will not only damage the plant, but could also be harmful, as some specifies of plants are toxic if ingested.)
Displaying your indoor houseplants on a stand not only gives you a safe place to store them, but also creates an interesting, eye-catching display.
Now that you’ve read through our detailed reviews of our top picks for the best indoor plant stands, you may still be scratching your head and trying to decide which one to choose. While each model is very well made and offers specific benefits, some are better suited for some purposes than others.
Therefore, in order to decide which indoor plant stand will work best for you, it’s important to take some key factors into consideration before you start shopping. In this part of our guide, we’ve highlighted some of the most essential factors that will help you decide which indoor plant stand you should pick.
First and foremost, consider the size of the indoor plant stand. When deciding what size you’ll need, think about how many plants you want to display (and whether you want to display anything else on it) and where you intend on placing it.
You obviously want the stand to offer enough room so that it can accommodate all of the plants that you want to display, but you also want it to be able to fit into the area where you plan on putting it. If you need a good bit of display space but only have a small area to work with, consider investing in a tall stand that offers several tiers for vertical instead of horizontal storage.
You should also consider the design of the indoor plant stand. As you can see from our list, there are so many different designs to choose available; from basic, understated designs to more elaborate, ornate designs.
Think about the design of the space where you’re going to be using it; for example, if the room is minimalist, something that has an ornate, flashy look might not tie into the space. When considering the style, keep in mind that it all comes down to your personal taste.
Indoor plant stands are made in a wide range of materials. Some of the most popular options include:
- Wood. Bamboo, fir, oak, and even manufactured wood, such as plywood, wood is among the most commonly materials used for indoor plant stand construction. Some types of wood undergo certain treatments, giving them some degree of weather-resistance, while others offer very little weather-resistance, so choose wisely.
- Metal. Another type of material that indoor plant stands are made of is metal. The type of metal can vary from iron to aluminum; but regardless of the type, the best metal indoor plant stands are treated with a powder coating to enhance their durability and make them moisture- and wear-resistant.
- Plastic. Some indoor plant stands are also made of plastic. While it does tend to be less durable than wood and metal, plastic indoor plant stands are also usually less expensive; plus, they’re typically weather-resistant.
When trying to determine what type of material will work best for your specific needs, consider where you are going to be placing the indoor plant stand; for example, if you intend on putting it in an area where it will be exposed to the elements, such as on a balcony, you might want to opt for a powder-coated metal plant stand, while if you’re going to be using it in a space that’s completely indoors, wood would be a good choice.
You should also consider whether or not you want to purchase an indoor plant stand that is pre-assembled or that needs to be assembled. Keep in mind that while pre-assembled plant stands are obviously a lot easier, as you don’t have to struggle with putting it together, stands that are already built do tend to be more costly.
If you are going to opt for an indoor plant stand that does need to be assembled, consider what’s involved with building it; the instruction manual should be easy to follow and it shouldn’t require a great deal of time to build.
The last thing that you want to do is purchase an indoor plant stand that is complicated to build, otherwise you could not only end up getting frustrated, but it might not be as sturdy as it needs to be and there’s a chance that it could topple over or fall apart.
Lastly, you should consider the price of the indoor plant stand. As you can see from our list, they come in a wide range of prices. Generally speaking, larger models that are made of more high-end materials and that are already assembled are going to end up costing you more. It’s a good idea to set your budget before you start shopping so that you don’t end up spending more than you can comfortable afford.
Indoor Plant Stand FAQs
If you never purchased an indoor plant stand before – or even if you have, but you’re looking for something totally different than you’ve had in the past – there’s a good chance that you have some questions, like a lot of consumers do.
To round out our guide, we thought we’d shed some light on some of the most frequently asked questions that shoppers have about indoor plant stands so that we can hopefully give you even more information that will make your shopping experience as successful as possible.
How do I decide what size I need?
When determining what size indoor plant stand you need, consider the number of plants that you want to display, as well as the location where you will be placing the stand (as we discussed above). It may be helpful to use a measuring tape to get the dimensions of the location where you are planning on placing it and then use those dimensions to purchase a stand that will accommodate the space.
Can indoor plant stands be used for anything else?
Yes! As you probably noted in our review section, depending on the style of indoor plant stand that you purchase, it can certainly be used to display other items apart from plants. They can also be used to store books, candles, photos, trinkets, and virtually anything else you’d like. They can also function as a shelf, meaning that you can use them to store toiletries, shoes, blankets, pillows, or sundries (of course, consider the size of the stand).
How long does it take to assemble an indoor plant stand?
As discussed, there are some indoor plant stands that need to be assembled, and they tend to be less expensive than those that are already built. The amount of time it will take to assemble an indoor plant stand varies and depends on the specific model that you choose. If you intend on purchasing an indoor plant stand that needs to be assembled, consider how many pieces it comes in and what will be involved with assembly (read through reviews, for example) to get an idea regarding how much work will be required to put it together.
Indoor plant stands are a great addition to any home, office, place of business, or anywhere else, really. With the information presented in this guide, you should have no trouble finding an indoor plant stand that will best suit your specific needs and add beauty to your space.