Preparing yourself with a veggie garden is a great way to safeguard your family against food shortages. Speak to any vegetable farmer or hobbyist gardener, and they’ll tell you that the biggest challenge with growing your garden comes from managing the seedling phase of development.
Most beginner gardeners fail at this stage, causing stress in the plant that delays growth. If you want to start your veggie garden like a pro, you need the best grow light for seedlings. A grow light imitates the rays of the sun in a specific spectrum, providing your seedlings with the optimal light spectrum they need for speedy growth.
With growing zones expected to shift on the coming Grand Solar Minimum, a seedling grow light can help you get an early start on the growing season. As a result, you get more harvests per year, increasing your food stockpile.
In this review, we’ll look at the best grow lights for seedlings and make our recommendations on top products for your indoor garden.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Grow Lights for Seedlings Reviews
- 2.1 Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light
- 2.2 Future Harvest Developer
- 2.3 Elaine Indoor LED Grow Light
- 2.4 VeRosky LED Grow Light
- 2.5 Barrina Grow Light
- 2.6 Super Sprouter Deluxe Propagation Kit
- 2.7 Elaine Tri-Light Indoor Grow Lamps
- 2.8 Ankace LED Growth Light
- 2.9 CXhome T5 LED Grow Light Strip
- 2.10 Byingo 2ft 32W Plant Grow Light
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Grow Lights Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Features to Look for
- 6 Grow Lights FAQs
- 7 Grow Lights – The Verdict
If you want to skip on the rest of the review, and get right to the bottom line, check out this section. We scoured hundreds of online listings to settle on our top three choices for the best overall, premium, and budget grow lights for your indoor garden.
We selected these three models, giving you options to suit your gardening requirements and your budget.
Best Pick: Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light
- This 45 watt grow light is specially designed to grow a wide variety of plants from seed to harvest
- Grow your favorite veggies fruits and flowers 365 days a Year
- Versatile design adapts as plants grow
- LED recipe specially designed to grow plants indoors
- LED light provides more power with less energy compared to more traditional lights like CFLs
This model takes our top award for the best overall seedling grow light. This model features a sturdy, freestanding design, with an overhead canopy light for your seedling tray. This grow light comes with an all-purpose LED grow light, providing a suitable spectrum that raises your plants from seedlings to healthy adults. The adjustable legs on the stand allow you to lift or drop the light to the correct distance from the canopy, ensuring speedy growth in your seedlings. The 45-Watt capacity and blend of red and blue LEDs provide optimal lighting conditions for your plants. This model comes with a hanging rig and power adapter included.
Premium Pick: Future Harvest Developer
- Sun blaster 6400K T5HO lamps simulate natural sunlight and are ideal for cuttings and vegetative growth
- For maximum output and efficiency use with Sun Blaster T5HO lighting fixtures
- NanoTech reflectors increase lumen availability, which maximizes fixture performance
- Dimension:23.2 x 3.1 x 2 inches
The Future Harvest Developer wins our top award for the best premium seedling grow light in this review. With this model, you get Sun-blaster 6400K T5HO LED lamps, providing 48-Watts of total light to your plants. There’s an adjustable hood to accommodate your seedlings development, with nanotech reflectors to enhance the light on all sides of the plants. You get four seedling trays included with this farm, and efficient operation, using 20% less energy than other leading indoor grow light systems.
Budget Pick: Elaine Indoor LED Grow Light
- Sunlight Full Spectrum: 3 Heads indoor plant light brighter than other plant grow light and lower heat.High performance and efficient features make your plants grow faster and healthier,promotes photosynthesis, increases growth rate,Ideal for all stage of plant growth.
- Upgraded Timing & Auto Turn On/off Function: Look no further,this is the best plant growing lamp! Two-way memory timing function.3/6/12 hours timer setting options according to plant needs.Set up once and it will turn on and off automatically EVERY DAY!
- 5 level dimming & 3 switch modes: You can adjust brightness to suit varied stages of plant growth,and 3 Switch Modes A Light On,B Light On and Both Light On.High quality led chips (50,000 hours lifetime),the wave of the light from 400nm to 840nm.Suitable for both home & office.
- Three Flexible LED Goosenecks: 360-degree flexible gooseneck with clip that can easily adjust the angle and distance,which enlarge the illumination area and provided more efficient lighting for more plants.Suitable for both home & office.Great option for indoor garden enthusiasts for high quality and good harvest.
- Widely Used：This Grow lamp has more larger lighting area that is suitable for whole growth circle. Perfect for balconies,greenhouses,darkroom,office and so on.
This elaine model is a great choice for starting your plants indoors. You get three light arms, featuring 20-Watts each, for total lighting power of 60-Watts. They feature five dimming levels and a built-in timer for three, six, and 12-hour light cycles. This model is affordable, and it comes with three brightness modes to help your seedlings adjust to stronger light as they develop. The flexible goosenecks allow for custom positioning above the canopy, with two-way memory timing to your preferred settings.
Grow Lights for Seedlings Reviews
After reading through the reviews of our top models, let’s unpack them further. We’ll also look at other models that qualify for the best grow light for seedlings.
After reading through the reviews, make sure you check out our buyer’s guide section. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know about choosing the right indoor lighting system for your seedlings.
Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light
Growing seedlings for your veggie garden or indoor flower display require you to mimic natural sunlight to help the plants produce food for growth. This Root Farm model is an excellent example of a top-quality indoor lighting system.
With this model, you get compatibility with Root Farm seedlings trays (sold separately). The frame on this lighting system features telescopic legs with release and locking buttons available in various positions to suit your canopy height.
Start your plants indoors early this season using the Root Farm indoor LED lighting system. With this model, you get an attractive display for your indoor garden, featuring clean design and the use of aluminum materials in the frame for a classy finish.
This model includes a powerful 45-Watt LED light setup. It offers a good balance for red and blue light, providing plants with optimal growth in the seedling stage. There is a hanging kit and a power adapter included with your purchase.
- 45-Watt output
- Good LED balance and PAR output
- Adjustable legs with locking and release mechanism
- Clean design
- Energy efficient
- Comes with a hanging kit
Future Harvest Developer
If you’re a home gardener looking to propagate cuttings or grow seedlings for your veggie garden, this indoor grow light is a great choice for starting your seedlings early.
You get a complete system included with this kit, featuring four seedling trays, a reflector canopy, and Sun-blaster 6400K LED lights.
The hood and reflector increase light absorption by your plants by up to 20%. You get two rows of LED lights, each offering a 24-Watt output, for a combined light output of 48-Watts total. The hood sits on a frame, allowing for adjustment to suit your canopy height.
This model is the ideal choice for homeowners looking for a complete lighting and growing system for indoor use. It’s easy to set up, with a plug-and-play operation for your seedlings.
- An excellent choice for hobbyist gardeners
- Includes four seedling trays
- Canopy with reflectors included
- Adjustable canopy height
- Sun-blaster 6400K lamps included
- 2 x 24-Watt output for 48-Watts total
Elaine Indoor LED Grow Light
If you’re looking for an indoor grow light on a budget, we recommend this model from Elaine. This indoor grow lamp wins not only our best budget model in this review, but it’s Amazon’s top choice as well.
With the Elaine indoor grow light, you get three gooseneck arms supporting three T5 LED lights. Each light offers a 20-Wat output, for a total light output of 60-Watts. Each light comes with a full-spectrum LED set up, and you have the option of choosing between three lighting modes to suit your seedling development.
This indoor grow light features a desk clamp design, allowing you to secure it to tabletops and windowsills in seconds. The Gooseneck arms on the lights allow for customizable height selection to suit your canopy.
This lighting system also includes a three-stage timer for three, six, and twelve-hour light cycles. You get high-quality LEDs included with this model, providing up to 50,000-hours service life.
- Powerful 60-Watt light output
- Five dimming options
- Adjustable goosenecks
- Timer included
- Three switch modes
VeRosky LED Grow Light
If you’re looking for professional-grade equipment for your indoor garden, we recommend this model from VeRosky lighting.
This SMD grow light features design and construction with 300 SMD LED chips, providing reduced heat during operation, and no LED burn on your plants.
This model produces up to 3X more lumen per LED, featuring a 90-degree reflector to reduce light loss by up to 30%. The triple LED chips to enhance plant photosynthesis, increasing crop yield, and the size of your seedlings when transplant season rolls around.
This model comes with a complete light spectrum for vegetative growth and flowering.
You get a hanging design, with easy access to the on/off switch. The fans keep the light cool, and you get a total light output of 1,000-Watts.
- Powerful 1,000-Watt output for larger seedling farms
- PAR levels three times above competitive models
- Full-spectrum light for flowering and vegetative growth
- Reflector included
- Efficient operation
- SMD LED chips for extended service life
Barrina Grow Light
If you’re looking to build a large indoor garden, we recommend going with the Barrina model.
This indoor grow light offers you full-spectrum grow lamps, featuring 384 LEDs, producing a light output of 96-Watts. These lights have the same lumen output as traditional 600-Watt models, with improved efficiency and low energy consumption.
The high-efficiency LEDs produce a light spectrum that’s 95% absorbed by your plants, speeding growth while increasing yield. The aluminum reflector enhances light output by up to 20%, with long service life.
The Barrina indoor grow lights feature easy installation, with plug-and-play operation. You can daisy-chain up to four of these lights together for the largest indoor setups. You get a hanging design and all mounting hardware included with your purchase.
- Professional-grade equipment
- Super bright 96-Watt output
- Reflector provides a 20% increase in efficiency
- 384-total LEDs
- Plants absorb 95% of light energy with this model
- Plug-and-play operation
Super Sprouter Deluxe Propagation Kit
If you’re looking for a quick start for your seedlings this summer, we recommend the Super Sprouter Deluxe Propagation Kit. This model features an enclosed environment for your seedlings, ensuring your plants’ best chances of survival.
The Super Sprouter comes with a 10″ x 20″ seedling tray and a propagator hood. The propagator hood increases temperature and humidity inside the unit by creating a greenhouse effect. The clear canopy allows for optimal light penetration for the 18-inch T5 LED light mounted into the hood.
You get plug-and-play operation right out of the box; with everything you need to get a great start on your veggie or herb garden this year. Use this model to grow seedlings or your favorite cuttings, providing the optimal growing environment for younger plants.
- Ideal for growing sprouts
- Hood included for micro-climate
- A good choice for propagating cuttings
- Seed tray included
- Complete system
- 18-inch T5 grow light included
Elaine Tri-Light Indoor Grow Lamps
Elaine gets a second mention in this review for the best grow light for seedlings.
This model features the same desk clamp design, fitting to windowsills, tables, and desks. You get three gooseneck stands featuring light setups with 132 high-quality LEDs, offering a service life of 10,000-hours.
The 18-inch gooseneck design of the lamps makes it easy to adjust them to the canopy height. You get three light settings for your preferred spectrum, with full-spectrum lighting available. This model comes with five dimmable modes to replicate sunlight hours.
This model comes with three timer settings for 3-hour, 6-hour, and 12-hour light cycles for your seedlings.
You get a 120-degree beam angle, with 360-degree illumination of your plants. This high-efficiency model features a 20-Watt output per light, offering 60-Watts of total light output.
- Three 20-Watt LEDs for a 60-Watt total output
- High-efficiency LED chips for 10,000-hour service life
- Three timer settings and auto on/off
- 120-degree beam angle
- Flexible gooseneck adjusts to canopy height
Ankace LED Growth Light
This Ankace indoor grow light is a great choice for starting your seedlings earlier this year. This model comes with four 11-inch gooseneck arms, allowing for a customizable setup to match your canopy height.
There are three light settings, with a full-spectrum setting available, and you get five dimming modes to replicate the daylight hours. This model includes a desk-clamp desk, allowing for easy setup on desks, windowsills, and tables.
This model comes with a 3-stage timer, offering you 3-hour, 6-hour, and 12-hour light cycles for easy operation.
You get plenty of coverage with this model, including a light output of 20-Watts per gooseneck, providing a total of 80-Watts of light output.
- Four 20-Watt LED arms
- Flexible goosenecks for adjustable canopy height
- Three lighting modes with a full spectrum
- Five dimming modes
- Affordable price
- Three cycle timer
CXhome T5 LED Grow Light Strip
This CXhome model is a great choice for homeowners building a custom indoor seedling garden. These light strips attach to shelves, providing you with a custom fit to your application.
The CXhome LED lighting system includes three lighting tubes, featuring high-efficiency, full-spectrum LEDs. You get three lighting settings, along with 10-dimming options, to adjust the light to your preference.
This model comes with a three-stage timer, allowing 3-hour, 6-hour, and 12-hour light cycles. The auto on/off button gives you total control over the lighting system for efficient and effective light cycles.
This indoor grow light includes an aviation-grade radiator material, dispersing heat for cool operation, even if you’re running 24-hour light cycles.
- T5 LEDs for full light spectrum
- High-efficiency LEDs
- Three-tube switching and 10-level dimming functions
- Three timer settings
- Scientific heat dissipation design
Byingo 2ft 32W Plant Grow Light
This full spectrum grow light for seedlings rounds off our review. You get a full-spectrum design suitable for vegetative or flowering stages, with a long tube design.
This model includes high-efficiency LEDs, with a polished aluminum shell that reflects more light.
This model comes ready for use right out of the box, with plug-and-play operation and a 4.9-foot power cord. The LEDs offer low power consumption, reducing the cost of your electricity bill.
You get an extendable design, allowing you to daisy-chain up to four lights together for the largest setups.
- High-power indoor grow light
- High-efficiency operation
- Plug-and-play operation
- Extendable design
- Full light spectrum
Other Best Selling Options
- Full Spectrum(White color) - Barrina LED grow lights provide indoor plants with full-spectrum sunlight replacement. They provide the most reasonable grow light wave based on the ratio of the absorption of the plants
- Super Bright - Consume only 96W with 384 LEDS totally, replacing 600w general plant lights. Over 95% light energy can be absorbed by plants. It is a great option for plants that in seedling, vegetative and flowering cycle
- Reflector - The light efficiency can be increased by 17~20% with reflector. The shell of our light was made of 100% aluminum which provides the high-efficiency heat dissipation. Ensuring the longer service life of the led chips
- Easy Installation - Plug and play. And could link up to 12 grow lights in a series by inclueded 48 inches connecting cords. Using clips or Double-sided tape to mount on ceiling, using cable ties to tie on grow light stand, or using hang ring to hang the lights, multiple installation methods provide the best way that you need.
- What You Get - 2 years warranty. 4 x Barrina LED Grow lights, 2 x Power cords with ON/OFF switch, 4 x Connecting Cords(48''), 4 x Small Connectors, 4x Installation Clips, 8 x Double-sided tape, 16 x cable ties
- 【 LM301B 3000K/Red/3500K Chips】 : Roleadro Grow Lights utilize the latest in high yielding LEDs technology-LM301B diodes.Excellent Full Spectrum-(3000K, 3500K, 6000K and 660nm). 3000K/3500K diodes providing more reddish light and the 6000K providing more blueish. The 660nm light is especially useful during bloom, where it speeds up flowering time and boost yields. Turn your seeds into your own supply. And the light looks fairly natural , so it's good for accurately monitoring plant health.
- 【Auto Turn ON/OFF and Timing Function】: The timer of our LED grow strips allow you to turn it on and off at a pre-set time, which has 3H, 6H, 12H 3 timing modes, 3 color lights correspond to the 3 modes. When the indicator is off, the timing function is off. ATTENTION: This timing function is 24H cycle timing. In the case of continuous power, the cycle will work, and it will be invalid after power off. Don't worry about forgetting to turn on the light for your beloved plants when your busy work
- 【4 Dimmable Modes and Dual Channel Control】: Our LED plant strips have 4 adjustable brightness levels: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, to meet each plants lighting requirements at different stages. Dual channel control can divide 4 pcs light bar into 2 sets each of 1-2 light bar, different kinds of plants or growth states, which require different irradiation time, which is convenient for you to control. You just need to press the middle button to select to open the specified channel or open all channels.
- 【High Efficiency and Safety】: 4 pcs 10W Extendable 16.2 Inches LED Grow Light Strip are about 0.5-1 meters high from the blade. The LED plant growth lamp can emit the specific light needed by the plant. It can completely replace the sunlight for 12 hours every day. This product is free of 3 lengthened daisy chains, the line is long enough, Roleadro led grow plant light housing is made of aluminum, which has excellent heat dissipation, no need cooling fans, runs quietly.
- 【24 Hours Online】: Your satisfaction is our main priority. If you are not satisfy with our product, simply contact us directly, we will offer a satisfactory solution to you. You can contact our 24 hours available customer service through clicking "Sold by" on the product detail page or your Amazon order page and you will be directed to "Ask a question" to send us message.
- ✔ FULL SPECTRUM – This led grow light include red, blue, white and IR UV, which can improve growing performance in seeding, vegetative and flowering cycle for plants by utilizing select LED wavelengths. Use for all stages of plant growth.
- ✔ BETTER DESIGN - Adopt integrated reflector on the back to reduce light loss, and provide excellent heat dissipation. 2-lights for each fixture. Use top brand led driver with high precision and high efficiency. Durable and stable performance.
- ✔ EASY INSTALLATION – US Plug and ON/OFF pull chain included. No wiring and reconstructing needed. Both hanging or surface mount are available, very easy and fast installation. No extra bulbs needed.
- ✔ ENERGY SAVING – Use High efficiency LEDs, energy saving up to 70%. Replace less-efficient fluorescent tube light fixture with 50 watt super bright 4ft LED growing lamp. Provides 50,000 hours of maintenance-free operation. Save your money.
- ✔ 5 YEAR WARRANTY - ANTLUX's 5-Year Warranty means we got you covered! Easy and fast replacement is offered if any quality issue about our 4ft led grow lights.
- [Ultrathin Design]--Newest led grow lights with only 0.8 inch height, more smart and lightweight, upgraded hanging brackets make this grow lamps more Easy to assemble.
- [Wide Coverage Area]--90°reflector to reach a bigger lighting area compare to those with 45 & 60 degree. This grow light max work for about 3ft by 3ft area of plants. Recommended to hang at around 6-10 inches for seedling.
- [Full Spectrum Plant Lights]--Diboys new generation seedling light equipped with 150pcs led chip: 104 Red+40 Blue+6 White. Perfect wavelength Ratio that is ideal for all growing stage. The light fixture itself does not get hot or burn your plants. Low power consumption save your electricity bill.
- [Widely Used]--This seed starting light work well for all seeding indoor, it could be used for both hydroponics and indoor plants like succulent, micro greens, clones, lettuce, chili, tomatoes. Work perfect as a light supplemental.
- [Quick Response]--As a professional manufacturer of led grow lights kits, we never stop to provide high end product and excellent service. Contact us first if there's any issue, our team would response in 24 hours.
- Top Rated LED Grow Light from Freelicht Lighting
- Sunlike Spectrum: Simulate natural light, best for all plants seeding, growth and bloom. Add red spectrum to promote photosynthesis.
- Pay Less Bills: Consuming only 60W but equal 220W HPS grow light. Energy saving up to 70%.
- New Design: Super slim and light, link up to 10 units. Both hanging or surface mount are available, very easy and fast installation. No extra bulbs needed
- 24H Service: 60 months warranty and 24H after-sales service. Solution be done in 3 days
Grow Lights Buyer’s Guide
Plants require air, water, and light to grow. When the winter pulls around, the days get shorter, and the sun’s rays lose intensity. As a result, it’s challenging to grow plants until the ground thaws in the spring.
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, that means you can only put plants in your vegetable garden or flowerbeds when it’s mid-spring. Unfortunately, the shorter seasons in the Northern Hemisphere mean you don’t get a longer growing season than you do in the south.
If you want to get more out of your garden this year, you’re going to need to start your plants indoors. To achieve growth indoors, you need an indoor grow lamp to provide your plants with the chance to produce food to thrive.
It’s easy to reproduce the effects of rain and air. However, lighting presents the biggest challenge to replicate indoors. Leaving your plants on the windowsill won’t work – you need an indoor grow light for your seedlings.
Why Do I Need a Grow Light for My Seedlings?
An indoor grow light for your plants mimics the sun’s rays, providing you with a source of light energy for your seedlings. Your seedlings can’t tell the difference between the grow light and the sun, as the grow light emits the same lightwaves.
Therefore, you can start your plants four to six weeks early, transplanting them into the garden as the ground thaws and spring starts. This strategy gives you a longer growing season and an additional harvest.
Indoor grow lights allow you to start early, and your plants should be ready for transplanting as soon as the spring gets into swing.
Features to Look for
When purchasing the best grow light for seedlings, we recommend looking for the following features in a prospective model.
All modern grow lights feature design with LED technology. LED is effective and affordable to run. It’s the best way to give your plants the optimal spectrum they need for growth. LEDs have a longer service life than fluorescent, incandescent, or metal halide bulbs, and they use less electricity.
LED Output and Power
When selecting your ideal indoor grow light, we recommend looking at the LEDs’ output in your prospective light. The average small grow light for seedlings needs between 45-Watts to 80-Watts of light output. That’s enough lumens to help your plants achieve optimal growth.
The quality of the LEDs in your grow light makes an enormous difference in service life. The average high-quality T5 LED should provide you with at least 10,000-hours of service life before replacement.
It’s critical that you look at the wavelength emitted by the device when purchasing your grow light. Plants require full-spectrum light for the best growing results. Look for models featuring a full PAR spectrum, offering both red and blue wavelengths. Some models will also feature white-light.
Your LED grow light should feature different lighting modes. Look for models offering blue, red, and full-spectrum modes for your choice of growing conditions. The lighting modes affect your plants and how they grow.
PAR refers to the balance of red, blue, and white light in your LEDs. Top models feature high PAR ratings, giving you the best performance out of your new grow light.
The best grow light for seedlings come with timers. You get the option of setting your light cycle to 3-hours, 6-hours, or 12-hours, depending on your plant’s needs.
A timer is a handy feature in your light, allowing you to control the light cycle. However, if your model doesn’t come with a timer, you’ll have to purchase one separately or rely on manual operation.
A reflector helps increase the light intensity from the LEDs, amplifying the light output. Some reflectors can increase lumen count by up to 30%, depending on the design and materials used in the reflector. The best reflectors feature design and construction with polished aluminum or mylar materials.
A reflector is not an essential piece of equipment for your grow light. However, we recommend looking at models with reflectors to speed up your seedling growth. Some models come with detachable hoods, while others have permanent fixtures.
If you’re starting cuttings, then you need a humid environment to help with the rooting process. A propagator is a type of lighting setup involving a seedling tray and a clear hood, with an LED light on top.
This setup allows you to contain humidity and heat inside the growing area. As a result, your plants root faster. Propagation kits are also good choices for growing seedlings. The additional moisture and warmth accelerate growth.
Adjustable Light Height
As your plants are growing, you need to move the light up to keep it at the correct distance from the canopy.
If you place the light too close to the plant’s, it results in the burning of foliage and delayed growth. Some models come with gooseneck arms for easy adjustment, while others have hanging cables or telescopic legs for fast adjustment of the light height.
Some models include seedling trays, while others don’t. We like the custom setups with integrated seedling trays. They offer you a plug-and-play system that’s ready for use right out of the box. Seedling trays are relatively inexpensive and available at most nurseries and big-box retailers.
What are the Mounting Designs for Indoor Grow Lights?
- Hanging – Hanging models require installation into your roof or a growing cabinet. They are highly adjustable and can accommodate full-grown plants. They aren’t the best choice for indoor lights due to the advanced setup and mounting required.
- Freestanding – A freestanding model is convenient and easy to use. You can set it up anywhere in the home, and it’s the ideal choice for starting seedlings. In most cases, freestanding models come as complete kits, but there are plenty of exceptions in this review.
- Clips – These grow lights feature a clamp design, allowing you to secure them to tales, windowsills, and desks. While they offer a convenient mounting design, they have limited applications around the home.
Grow Lights FAQs
How far do I position the lights from my plants?
We recommend you position your LED lights at least 12 to 30-inches from the canopy. As your seedlings develop, you’ll need to keep adjusting the canopy’s height to accommodate the new growth.
Placing the lights too close to the canopy cause burning on the seedlings. Leaving the light too far from the canopy slows growth.
How many hours of light do seedlings need each day?
According to experts, your plants need at least 16 to 18 hours of light every day during the seedling stage. This lighting cycle provides the plants with the amount of light they receive at the height of the growing season. Don’t set your lights on a 24-hour cycle. Your seedlings need a few hours break from the light to recover from the stress of the growing hours of the day.
What is the best color spectrum for my seedlings?
When purchasing your grow light, it’s vital that you do your research on the system’s output before you finalize your purchase. Red LEDs stimulate flowering and fruiting in your seedlings, and it also mimics the shorter days of the season, allowing you to put your plants into the flowering phase of its lifecycle. Therefore, red light is essential for growth, but it shouldn’t be overwhelming in your grow light. Blue light LEDs assist with the vegetative growth of your plants. It’s the ideal spectrum for seedlings, but you do need to include some red light to balance it out.
Where do I buy the best grow light for seedlings?
We recommend searching for the best grow lights on Amazon. Amazon is the leader in global eCommerce, with the best selection and prices on grow lights. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you get buyer protection on your order, with fast, free shipping to your doorstep. Amazon offers you a hassle-free returns service if there’s anything wrong with your grow light.
Grow Lights – The Verdict
By now, you should have your eye on a few prospective models for your new seedling grow light. Light is an essential element for development in your plants, and choosing the right lighting system makes a significant difference in your plant’s yield at harvest time.
Start your plants early this season with one of our top choices in this review. If you’re having trouble settling on a model, why not go with one of our top picks?
The Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light wins our award for the best overall seedling grow light. This model comes with a freestanding design and telescopic legs for an adjustable canopy height. You get a good balance of red and blue LEDs, with a 45-Watt capacity that’s ideal for rearing seedlings.
The Future Harvest Developer is our choice for the best premium seedling grow light in this review. This model comes as a complete system, including seedling trays. You get two banks of 24-Watt lights for a powerful 48-Watt total light output. The reflector hood features a telescopic stand to adjust to your canopy height as your seedlings develop.
The Elaine Indoor LED Grow Light is another top choice and the winner of the best budget buy in this review. With this model, you get three flexible gooseneck arms featuring a 20-Watt LED. This model comes with five adjustable dimmer functions and easy adjustment to your canopy height. These grow lights come with high-quality LEDs, offering 50,000-hours of service life at a great price.