Electric leaf blowers are a blessing for your yard work. However, there’s a significant difference in the user-friendly operation of a corded and cordless model. You get unrestricted use of the machine with a cordless version, and you don’t have to worry about managing the cord.
In this review of the best cordless leaf blower models, we’ll unpack our choices for your yard work. We picked top-quality blowers to make your yard duties easy this fall. Check through the reviews and pick out a model that suits your clearing needs and your budget.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
- 3 Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 5 What are the Types of Cordless Leaf Blowers?
- 6 Cordless Leaf Blower Features to Look for
- 6.1 Motor Power and Battery Voltage
- 6.2 Adjustable Speed Control
- 6.3 Weight of the Blower
- 6.4 Handle and Trigger
- 6.5 Charging Time
- 6.6 Backpack Design
- 6.7 Battery Runtime
- 6.8 Extra Length Handgrip
- 6.9 Nozzle Blower Design
- 6.10 Emergency Shutoff Switch
- 6.11 2-in-1 Functionality
- 6.12 Accessory Cleaning Kit
- 6.13 Warranty
- 7 How Do I Choose the Right CFM for My Cordless Leaf Blower?
- 8 Tips for Using Your New Cordless Leaf Blower
- 9 Cordless Leaf Blower FAQs
- 10 Cordless Leaf Blowers – The Verdict
- 11 Other Types of Leaf Blowers
If you don’t have the time to spare reading this entire review, this section makes things easy for picking out your cordless leaf blower.
We looked and dozens of product listings to select our choices for this review. From those models, we picked out these three choices for our best-in-class cordless leaf blowers. We have a model to suit any size yard and budget.
- The Best Pick: WORX WG547
This WORX model wins our award for the best overall cordless leaf blower. This model features turbine fan tech, featuring a powerful blowing action with quiet operation. This cordless model comes with 2-speeds for different clearing jobs and 360-CFM with 15-mph of turbine power for your clearing tasks. This battery-powered model comes with a 20-volt battery and 4-hour runtime, with fast charging.
- The Premium Pick: Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower
Contractors and homeowners with larger yards might have plenty of clearing to do in the fall if you have large trees across the estate. You’ll need more runtime and power out of your cordless leaf blower. We recommend going with this Husqvarna gas-powered model; you get extended runtime and 631-CFM from the 3.81-hp 65.6cc motor.
- The Budget Pick: Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower
Homeowner’s looking for the most affordable cordless leaf blower in this review will get plenty of value from this Greenworks model. Priced under $50, this model is a great budget buy. However, it doesn’t come with a battery or charging unit included in the package. If you have other Greenworks products, you can use the battery packs and chargers in this machine. You get 6-speeds with 135-CFM and 150-mph operation.
Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
Now that you have an idea of our top models, let’s unpack them in further detail. We’ll also look at other cordless leaf blowers to find the best model for your needs.
After reading through the reviews, make sure you check out our buyer’s guide. We’ll give you useful information to help you settle on the best cordless leaf blower for your yard work.
This WORX model wins the best overall model in this review. This blower features a battery-powered operation. You get a 40-minute run time to let you finish your clearing jobs without the need to recharge.
- [TURBINE FAN TECH] Worx engineers figured out how to get a jet engine-type motor inside of a leaf blower. Super powerful, yet not so loud that you’ll think it’s getting ready for takeoff
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] Go slow for pavement or tight corners. Switch to speed 2 on the open lawn and see what 75 mph of Turbine blowing power can do
- [SAME BATTERY, EXPANDABLE POWER] The same battery powers over 75+ 20V, 40V, and 80V lifestyle, garden, and power tools in the Power Share family
- [A WIDE, STRONG STREAM OF AIR] 360 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) come streaming out of this wide-mouth tube. That’s high-capacity air volume, so you clear your property in fewer passes and with less leg work
- [ONE-HANDED OPERATION] With all that power, the Turbine is designed to be controlled with just one hand. It’s only 4.9 lbs., and the ergonomic design funnels the wind in a way that’s easy to handle
You get a 20-volt battery and charger included with your purchase and fast charging times. The Turbine Fan Tech in this WORX blower pushes out 360-CFM, with 75-mph fan speeds.
This model comes with a high-capacity air nozzle and a comfortable, ergonomic grip with a locking trigger. This lightweight model is easy to work with and suits mid-sized to larger lawns.
- 20-Turbine for a powerful clearing action
- Dual speed settings for versatility
- Battery compatibility with other WORX products
- 360-CFM with 75-mph
- High-capacity air nozzle for wider coverage
- Ergonomic handle reduces operator fatigue
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Battery and charger included
Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower
Contractors and estate managers will get the best value from this Husqvarna model. This cordless leaf blower features gas-powered operation, with a 65cc X-TORQ motor producing 3.8-hp.
This Husqvarna blower comes with a massive 631-CFM. You get an efficient model that gives you more than an hour of runtime, with a throttle-controlled fan and high-capacity air nozzle.
- X-TORQ ENGINE: The X-Torq engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60 Percent and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20 Percent
- UTILIZE FULL BLOW FORCE WITH MINIMAL ARM STRAIN: The offset handle makes the blow forces easier to control by preventing the arm from being pulled downwards
- HIGH BLOWING CAPACITY: The powerful and easy to start X-Torq engine in combination with efficient fan design delivers high air speed and air flow.Maximum power speed:8100 rpm
- AIR PURGE: Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- Powerful commercial-style backpack blower designed for demanding tasks. X-Torq engine for excellent performance, good fuel economy and low emissions. High air speed combined with large air flow gives sufficient capacity for most jobs
This Husky leaf blower features a backpack design with ergonomic contouring for your spine. You get a padded backplate and comfortable, adjustable shoulder straps. This model starts easy, thanks to the air-purge system, and you get cruise control for your throttle operation.
- Powerful 65.6cc 3.8hp X-TORQ engine produces 631-CFM
- Backpack design for user comfort and reduced operator fatigue
- Throttle speed control
- A gas-powered operation for more range
- Fuel efficient operation
- A padded back pad and shoulder straps
- Air-purge system for an easy start
Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower
Homeowners looking for the best value deal can check out this Greenworks cordless leaf blower. This model is suitable for owners of other Greenworks battery-powered products. All Greenworks batteries are compatible with its other machines. The reason we mention this is that this blower doesn’t come with a battery pack or charger. If you already have two or three of those in your garage, why go to the expense of another set?
- High Performance 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Variable speed delivers wind speed up to 150 mph, perfect for cleaning debris and leaves off hard surface areas and patios
- Additional speed control on Sweeper tip offers better sweeping and gathering capabilities
- Lightweight robust design for user efficiency and ease of use
- Compatible with Greenworks 40V Li-Ion System for higher efficiency and longer run time
With this affordable cordless leaf blower, you get a 135-CFM clearing capacity, with 150-mph fan speeds. It’s a good choice for clearing mid-sized to larger gardens, with six speeds settings for versatility with your clearing tasks.
The Greenworks cordless leaf blower features an ergonomic handle design for user comfort and reduced operator fatigue. You get a lightweight, one-handed operation, and a sweep-style air nozzle for a targeting blowing action.
- Affordable model for Greenworks owners
- Compatible with other Greenworks batteries
- 135-CFM clearing power with 135-mph fan speeds
- 6-speed settings for versatility
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle to reduce operator fatigue
Snapper XD Cordless Electric Leaf Blower Kit
This Snapper cordless leaf blower is another excellent premium choice. You get a high-capacity air nozzle design with a 550-CFM output and fan speeds of 130-mph.
This model is a great compact choice for contractors, with a 40-minute run time from the 2.0-Ah batteries and 82-volt Briggs & Stratton electric motor.
- Up to 40-minute run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V MAX 2.0 Lithium-ion Battery. Kit includes 1 lithium-ion battery and 1 rapid charger
- Up to 550 CFM air volume / 130 mph air speed to power through leaves and debris
- Infinite speed control maintains desired airflow along with a stable, anti-tip base design
- Ergonomic rubber handle and touch points provide operator comfort
- High efficiency brushless motor for quiet operation with no maintenance
You get adjustable speed controls, and a battery and charger kit included with your purchase. This Snapper model features an ergonomic rubberized handle for operator comfort and a locking trigger design with the speed switch located right next to the trigger for one-handed operation.
- Briggs & Stratton 82-volt brushless motor
- 550-CFM clearing power with 130-mph fan speed
- Adjustable fan speed control
- Lithium-ion battery kit and charger included
- High-efficiency brushless motor for 40-minute run time
- Ant-tip base design
- 1-hour charge time
WORX WG545.4 Cordless Hi-Capacity Blower
This second WORX model is another great choice for smaller yards. You get an air-sweeper nozzle design, with a cleaning accessory kit, and 2-in-1 blower and sweeper action. This model includes a 20-volt battery pack and charger included with your purchase.
- cordless convenience to quickly clean up your deck, driveway, sidewalk, patio & all around your house
- clears hard to reach places, ideal for hard surfaces
- 120 mph air speed with 80 cfm air flow, and only 4 pound
- 8 attachments included to create a clean zone
- share batteries across all your 20v power share worx tools so you never run out of power
You get a 225-CFM clearing power, with 80-mph fan speed. This lightweight model features an extended handle for operator comfort, locking trigger design, and variable speed control. This WORX model is compatible with all WORX 20-volt and 40-volt battery packs.
This model comes with a cleaning kit accessory, with eight attachments. The WORX545.5 cordless hi-capacity blower is a great choice for versatile use around the yard, home, and car.
- Works with WORX 20-volt batteries
- 225-CFM with 80-mph fan speed
- Lightweight design for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle for user comfort
- Comes with battery pack and charger
- Compatible with other 20-volt WORX battery packs
- Full cleaning accessory kit included for versatility
EGO Power+ LB4800
This model is another high-quality cordless leaf blower suitable for larger yards. EGO+ is a reputable brand in home maintenance and yardwork machines. Like the Greenworks, this model doesn’t come with a battery pack or charger, so you’ll have to account for that cost if you don’t have any other EGO+ products in your tool shed.
- Turbine fan engineering delivers up to 480 CFM
- High efficiency brushless motor
- Battery and charger not included, compatible with all EGO POWER plus Arc Lithium Batteries
- Weather-resistant construction
- Variable-Speed: from 250 CFM to 480 CFM
With this cordless leaf blower, you get 480-CFM, and we like the dual-speed control with this model. This blower comes with a lightweight chassis and an ergonomic, extended handle for operator comfort. The high-efficiency brushless motor offers plenty of clearing performance, and the quiet operation of the machine makes it a neighbor-friendly choice.
- Turbine fan design for 480-CFM
- Variable speed control between 250-CFM to 480-CFM
- Weather-resistant design
- Efficient brushless motor
- High-capacity air nozzle
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle for user comfort
- Quiet operation
KIMO Cordless Leaf Blower
KIMO is an underrated brand in home garden maintenance products. This model is an excellent example of its top-quality product range.
With this cordless leaf blower, you get a 2.0-Ah battery back and charger included with your purchase. This model features a 2-in-1 blower and vacuum design for versatile use around the home.
- 🍃【No Cords, No Limitation】KIMO battery operated leaf blower will make your cleaning tasks easier and faster. Without maintenance headaches of gasoline blowers, without the restrictions of working spaces of the corded blowers. It only takes 60 minutes (2 times as fast as normal) for a full charge. And the power indicator ensures you know the battery level at any time ( battery and charger are included).
- 🍃【Powerful Copper Motor with Turbine Tech】Need't to endure the most tedious chore of raking up the yard's endless leaf blankets. KIMO electric leaf blower helps you do your work quicker. KIMO battery leaf blower has a longer-lasting life, and lower energy consumption than ordinary motors, providing up to 20000 r/min and 150 CFM strong power. Keep running for 20 minutes. In only 2 minutes, you can clean up your front porch.
- 🍃【2-in-1 Sweeper & Vacuum】Buy a KIMO leaf blower vacuum, you can get a cordless leaf blower and a vacuum cleaner meanwhile! Connect the blow tube to the air inlet, then it will turn into a leaf vacuum. Allowing you to collect light yard debris, such as leaves and twigs. They are extremely useful all year round from gathering grass clippings in the spring to cleaning snow off the car and walkway in the winter. You will be excited about the versatility of this small leaf blower!
- 🍃【50% Less Noise & Variable-Speed】The cordless leaf blower with battery and charger without the loud noise that comes from a gas-powered engine. Your neighbors won't hear any noise even if you clean your lovely lawn on a quiet night. Besides, the speed of the KIMO leaf blower will increase as you press harder. You can change the speed according to your needs from 0-20000RPM.
- 🍃【Quick Assembly And Lightweight】Insert the battery and the tube, then press the button of the battery powered leaf blower to make it work within 3 seconds. Its upgraded extension tube is more convenient to blowing without bending down, people of all heights can find a comfortable use experience. Weights only 1.76 lb, it is super convenient to take anywhere you want.
You get variable speed control with this blower and a reusable collection bag for your garden debris. This blower includes a full cleaning accessory kit and a 2,000-rpm brushless motor for efficient operation.
- 2.0-Ah battery pack and charger included
- Ergonomic handle design for user comfort
- 2-in-1 blower and collector
- 2,000-rpm brushless motor
- Variable speed control
- Reusable collection bag
- Full accessory kit included
Black+Decker 20V Max Lithium Sweeper
This affordable model from black + Decker is an excellent choice for smaller clearing tasks around the yard. Sweep off the porch or your patio with the 135-mph cordless leaf blower.
- Easily clears debris from hard surfaces like driveways, decks, and garages
- Air speed up to 130 miles per hour
- Operates on a 20V Max 1.5 Ampere hour Lithium Ion battery that holds its charge for up to 18 months. Noise rating (dB): 61
- Lightweight with a low noise design. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. The nominal voltage is 18
- Part of the 20 volt max system
This low-noise model features an extended ergonomic handle for easy operation and a 20-volt battery back for a 40-minute runtime.
- Lightweight design reduces operator fatigue
- Ergonomic handle and trigger for user comfort
- Scooped air nozzle for easy handheld operation
- Quiet Operation
- 20-volt battery pack and charger included
- 130-mph fan speed
Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 530 CFM
- Compact, Light-Weight Design: 7.4lbs with 2.5Ah Battery
- Variable Speed Dial: 250 CFM / 400 CFM / 530 CFM
- High-Efficiency Brushless Motor
- Weather Resistant Construction (ipx4)
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Cordless leaf blower is up to 130mph and 140cfm in performance since adopting the top turbofan technology that maximizes air output. With strong power, the wireless electric leaf blower will more efficiently and effectively on garden care and backyard landscaping work.
- ULTRA LIGHT COMPACT BODY: Extra light leaf blower only 3.4lbs in weight so it is easy to hand held by one hand. Antiskid handgrip pursues optimal cozy, minimal pressure, and reduced tiredness when handheld. Mini portable leaf sweeper can reach some hard-to-clean nooks, helps you clean shop, workshop, and gutters, achieve better maneuverability.
- LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY POWERED: 20V max rechargeable air blower with about 10min run time in high speed 2 which is suggested to clean the patio. Up to 50min run time in lower speed 1 which is suitable for cleaning hard surface like sidewalk, driveway, or turning. (Charge the battery first after you received the package for a better experience.)
- SIMPLE ASSEMBLY: Install two blow nozzles and a battery, one push to start the airblower. The removable handy leaf blower can be stored in a tiny space indoor and is portable for outside like cleaning up leaves, flower, debris, dust, grass, snow, and pine needle in outdoor camping.
- VERSATILE USE: Economical small wireless leafblower with high performance and durability is a real household gardening tool for cleaning work in the garage, patio, porch, sidewalk, car, balcony, and deck. Take the little electric leaf blower kit, enjoy an excellent convenient life.
- 🍂[Lightweight but Powerful]: Are you tired of the bulky traditional blower, limitation of the rope, and the noise it makes? WISETOOL cordless leaf blower will give you a different using experience. It is cordless, rechargeable battery powered, relatively quiet, and lightweight but powerful enough. Perfectly suitable for lawn care make your garden keep clean
- 🍂[Intelligent 3 in 1 Structure]: Our latest handheld leaf blower adopts dual speed adjustable tubes function, easily Achieved 60mph to 130mph blowing speed just toggle the button, could help you easily convert from indoor to outdoor work. Meanwhile adjustable blowing tubes are suitable for all height people to find out a comfortable using state
- 🍂[Ultra-light & Ergonomic Design]: Weighs only 3.3 lb, could be comfortably operated by one hand, with curved blowing tube can reduce fatigue in use. Also, the handle of WISETOOL electric leaf blower is wrapped with elastic rubber prevent slipping
- 🍂[Long Lasting & Fast charging]: We will provide a complete set of working equipment, you do not need to extra purchase. Upgraded 2.0ah 20v anti-drop battery could support for 20 minutes in the first mode and 15 minutes in the second mode. A full charge only takes 1 hour by using fast charger we provided
- 🍂[Support Various Job]: You can easily switch your work through variable speed turbine device and adjustable blow tube from blowing wet leaves in yard, sweeping light snowfall from sidewalk, cleaning pet hair in sofa and blowing dust from narrow corners
Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
Winter is coming. The climate starts to shift in early September, and the air temperature drops. With it, the trees in your yard and around the neighborhood burst into spectacular color displays. Shades of rust red, golden yellow, and brackish brown leaves start to fall to the floor.
Waking up to a blanket of color all over your lawn makes for a beautiful spectacle. Standing there sipping on a hot cup of cocoa while you take in all the natural beauty around your yard is a rewarding experience. However, sooner or later, someone’s got to rake those leaves up and clear the mess.
We bet you have better plans for your Saturday morning that raking up leaves. Spending time in your garden is a great way to get outdoors, but back-breaking labor is no way to enjoy the morning. Depending on the trees in your yard, it could take you hours to complete the task.
Why bother going to the hassle of raking up leaves this fall? With a cordless electric leaf blower, you can finish the job in minutes. Turn on the blower, point it at the leaves, and you’ll have a pile ready for stuffing in the refuse bin in no time.
After reading through the reviews, you’re probably still feeling some uncertainty around picking the right model for your yard work. That’s okay. We understand it’s challenging picking between so many great choices.
In this section, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about cordless leaf blowers. We’ll give you the information you need to settle on the best cordless leaf blower for your yard.
Why You Need a Cordless Leaf Blower
Why go to the hassle of raking up leaves – is this the stone age? Fortunately, technology makes your yard work easier. If you have plenty of tall, leafy trees in your neighborhood, a cordless leaf blower is a must-have gardening tool for your yard.
Choosing the right model for your clearing tasks depends on the size of your yard and your budget. There are different types of cordless leaf blowers to suit your needs.
What are the Types of Cordless Leaf Blowers?
You get two types of cordless leaf blowers, handheld and backpack models.
Handheld Cordless Leaf Blowers
This model runs off a 20-volt or 40-volt battery back. Most manufacturers make batteries compatible across its product range, so if you have a Greenworks mower, then the battery will work in your leaf blower.
These models are convenient. Most of them charge in an hour or two and have runtimes of around 40-minutes, which is all you need to clear your yard. Handheld models have a lightweight design, with lower CFMs than backpack models.
Backpack Cordless Leaf Blowers
Backpack models also have a cordless design, but they have the advantage of coming in battery-pack or gas-powered models. Gas-powered cordless leaf blowers have the highest CFMs, and they’re suitable for clearing large estates and outdoor areas like parking lots.
Backpack cordless leaf blowers have a wider range, allowing you to reach far corners of the estate. You get up to an hour or more of runtime, and a quick refill of the tank gets you back out there for more clearing.
What are the Battery Types for Cordless Leaf Blowers?
Cordless models featuring battery packs rely on one of three types of batteries to power the machine. Here are the three kinds of batteries you’ll find on cordless leaf blowers.
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion) – Lithium-ion is the benchmark in battery standards. This battery gives you fast charging times and extended service life. However, they are the most expensive models compared to other types.
- Nickel Cadmium (Nicad) – The oldest battery type, but it performs well in cold temperatures. The battery offers fast recharging, and it’s the most affordable type. However, it contains toxic chemicals that require proper disposal.
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) – This model is more effective than a Nicad battery, and it’s an environmentally-friendly choice. However, this battery-type doesn’t perform well in cold weather.
Cordless Leaf Blower Features to Look for
When selecting your leaf blower, we recommend looking for the following features.
Motor Power and Battery Voltage
Most models come with a 20-Volt or a 40-Volt battery. Motor powers can vary on battery-powered blowers, reaching 2.0-AH. Most manufacturers make battery’s compatible across its range of power tools and machines. Gas-powered machines can come with engine capacities up to 70cc or more, depending on the model.
Adjustable Speed Control
Look for blowers featuring adjustable speeds. Handheld battery-powered models feature up to six speeds, depending on the manufacturer. Machine with more speeds has more versatility in cleaning and clearing tasks. Gas-powered leaf blowers typically come with throttle control to let you select the ideal operating speed for your application.
Weight of the Blower
The weight of your blower makes a significant difference in the machine’s operator comfort. Most handheld models feature weights of around 3lbvs to 4lbs, without the battery attached. This lightweight design reduces operator fatigue. Backpack models are heavier, but the backpack design distributes the weight across your shoulders. You get hands-free operation of the machine, and only have to control the lightweight nozzle.
Handle and Trigger
Look for an ergonomic handle and trigger design. Models with trigger locks reduce finger fatigue, and an ergonomic handle prevents your hand cramping up during operation. Gas-powered models come with throttle control and lock systems to let you take your finger off the trigger while you work.
Battery-powered models don’t always come with charging stations. Make sure you get a model with a charger and battery included if you need it. Look for blowers offering fast charging times. Depending on the manufacturer, you get models with average charge times between one to four hours. Some homeowners might want a spare battery pack to ensure they always have a charge for the machine.
If you’re choosing a gas-powered leaf blower with a backpack design, look at the shoulder straps and the back pad. You want plenty of padding for comfort during use. Models that skimp on the padding will end up feeling uncomfortable after around 10-minutes of use. The blower housing should also feature a contoured design to fit the natural arch in your back.
The runtime of your machine is important if you want to clear your yard on a single charge or tank. Gas-powered models typically get the longest runtimes. You can expect 60-minutes or more of use from a gas-powered model. With a battery-powered model, you can expect runtimes up to 40-minutes.
Extra Length Handgrip
A textured or rubberized handgrip adds more grip and control of the machine. Look for a model with extended handgrips for the best user comfort during operation. Make sure the handle comes with an ergonomic design to reduce operator fatigue.
Nozzle Blower Design
The nozzle blower design also plays a significant role in the operation of your machine., We like models with high-capacity air nozzles for the best clearing power. Some blowers feature sweeper heads that have a flat design at the nozzle-mouth. This design helps to provide a sweeping action with a targeted effect. A high-capacity air nozzle has more of a shotgun approach for faster clearing action.
Emergency Shutoff Switch
Some blowers come with an emergency shutoff switch. If you lose your grip on the blower, it automatically shuts down the fan. These safety features prevent damage to your leaf blower.
Some models feature dual-functionality as a blower and vacuum. These models can be handy for use around the garden and your car. The blower collects the leaves into a pile, and the vacuum sucks them up into the attachable collection bag. A vacuum function on your blower is also useful as an industrial vacuum cleaner for your car. Blow out the dashboard and vacuum the floorboards using your 2-in-1 machine.
Accessory Cleaning Kit
2-in-1 models come with complete accessory kits for other cleaning applications. Check on the value the manufacturer provides with the unboxing experience.
You need a warranty for your machine if there are any manufacturer faults or shipping damage. Most manufacturers offer a limited one to three-year warranties. A warranty means the brand is willing to stake its reputation on the product, and that’s always an important feature of any tool, appliance, or machine.
How Do I Choose the Right CFM for My Cordless Leaf Blower?
When selecting the best cordless leaf blower, you’ll notice that they come in two or three different power output ratings. Some manufacturers rely on CFM and mph ratings, while others use RPMs. CFM is the more important metric to focus on when choosing your machine.
CFM refers to “Cubic-feet-per-minute,” telling you how much area the blower covers during operation. Mph (miles-per-hour) refers to the speed of the air as it leaves the machine. A high mph rating doesn’t mean that it’s a better blower. There are plenty of models with low mph output but high CFM ratings.
Follow these guidelines when selecting the CFM for your machine.
- 100-CFM or lower – suitable for smaller yards
- 100-CFM to 135-CFM – Suitable for mid-sized to larger yards
- 135-CFM to 150-CFM – Suitable for large yards
- 200-CFM and over – Suitable for use on estates and commercial properties
When choosing the output of your cordless leaf blower, you need to consider your local town laws. Some towns might have noise limitations on using gas-powered machines like leaf blowers. Make sure the machine offers quiet operation if noise is a concern in your area.
Tips for Using Your New Cordless Leaf Blower
- Make sure you use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) when operating the cordless leaf blower. Wear a dust mask to prevent breathing in dust and goggles to stop the dust and debris from getting in your eyes.
- If you’re using a noisy gas-powered model, use ear-plus during operation.
- Keep pets away from the machine during use, the noise frightens them, and they’ll start barking at you.
- Keep people away from the clearing area during use.
- Don’t point the blower at people while in use.
- Don’t use a blower before 9 AM as a courtesy to your neighbors. Even run-quiet models make some noise that might disturb the peace.
Cordless Leaf Blower FAQs
Are there cordless leaf blowers for left-handed operation?
Choose a model with bottom-mounted air intakes. This design prevents the machine from pulling at your clothing if you’re left-handed.
How much CFM do I need for my cordless leaf blower?
When selecting your leaf blower, stick to a ratio of 1-CFM per square foot of the clearing area. A rough estimate will do. Measure the distance of both sides of your yard, and multiple them to find your ideal CFM.
Can I use my cordless leaf blower to dry my car after a wash?
Finished washing your car? Put the chamois leather down and pick up your leaf blower. Make sure you blow out any dust and then use it to speed-dry your vehicle. You can also use your cordless leaf blower to clean out the interior of your car. Blow the dust off the dashboard and console, or spray pet hair off the back seat.
Where do I buy my cordless leaf blower?
We recommend you buy your cordless leaf blower from the world’s largest retailer, Amazon. Amazon has the best range available, and sellers offering the best prices. If you’re a Prime member, you get fast shipping directly to your door, with buyer protection on your purchase. Amazon has an easy returns process and the best customer service.
Cordless Leaf Blowers – The Verdict
By now, you should have your eye on a suitable cordless leaf blower for your yard. However, we realize its challenging to settle on a preferred model, even after reading a roundup review. If you’re still on the fence with your purchase, why not rely on one of our top picks for the best cordless leaf blower?
- The WORX WG547 is a powerful handheld cordless leaf blower. This model features turbine motor technology, producing up to 360-CFM, at 75-mph fan speeds. The WORX comes with a high-capacity air nozzle for your blower – you get the clearing job done faster with this machine.
- Estate owners and contractors looking for the best high-powered cordless leaf blower will enjoy the Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower. As the name implies, this model straps to your back, with comfortable shoulder pads and a padded backplate. This gas-powered model produces a monster 631-CFM from the 3.8-hp motor.
- Homeowners looking for the most affordable model for their yard will love the Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower. This model features 130-CFM at fan speeds of 150-mph. You get variable speed control and compatibility with all Greenworks 20-volt and 40-volt battery packs. Note that this model does not come with a charger or battery, sold separately.