Electric leaf blowers are a blessing for your yard work. However, there’s a significant difference in the user-friendly operation of a corded and cordless model. You get unrestricted use of the machine with a cordless version, and you don’t have to worry about managing the cord.
In this review of the best cordless leaf blower models, we’ll unpack our choices for your yard work. We picked top-quality blowers to make your yard duties easy this fall. Check through the reviews and pick out a model that suits your clearing needs and your budget.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
- 2.1 WORX WG547
- 2.2 Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower
- 2.3 Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower
- 2.4 Snapper XD Cordless Electric Leaf Blower Kit
- 2.5 WORX WG545.4 Cordless Hi-Capacity Blower
- 2.6 EGO Power+ LB4800
- 2.7 KIMO Cordless Leaf Blower
- 2.8 Black+Decker 20V Max Lithium Sweeper
- 2.9 Salem Master Cordless Leaf Blower
- 3 Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 5 What are the Types of Cordless Leaf Blowers?
- 6 Cordless Leaf Blower Features to Look for
- 6.1 Motor Power and Battery Voltage
- 6.2 Adjustable Speed Control
- 6.3 Weight of the Blower
- 6.4 Handle and Trigger
- 6.5 Charging Time
- 6.6 Backpack Design
- 6.7 Battery Runtime
- 6.8 Extra Length Handgrip
- 6.9 Nozzle Blower Design
- 6.10 Emergency Shutoff Switch
- 6.11 2-in-1 Functionality
- 6.12 Accessory Cleaning Kit
- 6.13 Warranty
- 7 How Do I Choose the Right CFM for My Cordless Leaf Blower?
- 8 Tips for Using Your New Cordless Leaf Blower
- 9 Cordless Leaf Blower FAQs
- 10 Cordless Leaf Blowers – The Verdict
- 11 Other Types of Leaf Blowers
If you don’t have the time to spare reading this entire review, this section makes things easy for picking out your cordless leaf blower.
We looked and dozens of product listings to select our choices for this review. From those models, we picked out these three choices for our best-in-class cordless leaf blowers. We have a model to suit any size yard and budget.
Best Pick: WORX WG547
- [TURBINE FAN TECH] Worx engineers figured out how to get a jet engine-type motor inside of a leaf blower. Super powerful, yet not so loud that you’ll think it’s getting ready for takeoff
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] Go slow for pavement or tight corners. Switch to speed 2 on the open lawn and see what 75 mph of Turbine blowing power can do
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [A WIDE, STRONG STREAM OF AIR] 360 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) come streaming out of this wide-mouth tube. That’s high-capacity air volume, so you clear your property in fewer passes and with less leg work
- [ONE-HANDED OPERATION] With all that power, the Turbine is designed to be controlled with just one hand. It’s only 4.9 lbs., and the ergonomic design funnels the wind in a way that’s easy to handle
This WORX model wins our award for the best overall cordless leaf blower. This model features turbine fan tech, featuring a powerful blowing action with quiet operation. This cordless model comes with 2-speeds for different clearing jobs and 360-CFM with 15-mph of turbine power for your clearing tasks. This battery-powered model comes with a 20-volt battery and 4-hour runtime, with fast charging. This WORX leaf blower is compatible with all 20-volt and 40-volt WORX battery packs. The lightweight design is easy to handle, with an ergonomic grip and a charger included.
Premium Pick: Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower
- X-TORQ ENGINE: The X-Torq engine design reduces harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60 Percent and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20 Percent
- UTILIZE FULL BLOW FORCE WITH MINIMAL ARM STRAIN: The offset handle makes the blow forces easier to control by preventing the arm from being pulled downwards
- HIGH BLOWING CAPACITY: The powerful and easy to start X-Torq engine in combination with efficient fan design delivers high air speed and air flow.Maximum power speed:8100 rpm
- AIR PURGE: Removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting
- Powerful commercial-style backpack blower designed for demanding tasks. X-Torq engine for excellent performance, good fuel economy and low emissions. High air speed combined with large air flow gives sufficient capacity for most jobs
Contractors and homeowners with larger yards might have plenty of clearing to do in the fall if you have large trees across the estate. You’ll need more runtime and power out of your cordless leaf blower. We recommend going with this Husqvarna gas-powered model; you get extended runtime and 631-CFM from the 3.81-hp 65.6cc motor. This Husky model clears up large areas fast. However, it is a bit noisy and requires gasoline for operation. However, the backpack design makes it easy to carry the 23-lb machine with a speed throttle to adjust the fan motor speed.
Budget Pick: Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower
- High Performance G-MAX 40V Lithium-Ion Battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging
- Variable speed delivers wind speed up to 150 mph, perfect for cleaning debris and leaves off hard surface areas and patios
- Additional speed control on Sweeper tip offers better sweeping and gathering capabilities
- Lightweight robust design for user efficiency and ease of use
- Compatible with GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion System for higher efficiency and longer run time
Homeowner’s looking for the most affordable cordless leaf blower in this review will get plenty of value from this Greenworks model. Priced under $50, this model is a great budget buy. However, it doesn’t come with a battery or charging unit included in the package. If you have other Greenworks products, you can use the battery packs and chargers in this machine. You get 6-speeds with 135-CFM and 150-mph operation. This model comes with a push-button start and lightweight design with an ergonomic handle. The quiet operation is a blessing for your neighbors, and one charge lasts for 4-hours runtime.
Cordless Leaf Blower Reviews
Now that you have an idea of our top models, let’s unpack them in further detail. We’ll also look at other cordless leaf blowers to find the best model for your needs.
After reading through the reviews, make sure you check out our buyer’s guide. We’ll give you useful information to help you settle on the best cordless leaf blower for your yard work.
This WORX model wins the best overall model in this review. This blower features a battery-powered operation. You get a 40-minute run time to let you finish your clearing jobs without the need to recharge.
You get a 20-volt battery and charger included with your purchase and fast charging times. The Turbine Fan Tech in this WORX blower pushes out 360-CFM, with 75-mph fan speeds.
This model comes with a high-capacity air nozzle and a comfortable, ergonomic grip with a locking trigger. This lightweight model is easy to work with and suits mid-sized to larger lawns.
- 20-Turbine for a powerful clearing action
- Dual speed settings for versatility
- Battery compatibility with other WORX products
- 360-CFM with 75-mph
- High-capacity air nozzle for wider coverage
- Ergonomic handle reduces operator fatigue
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Battery and charger included
Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower
Contractors and estate managers will get the best value from this Husqvarna model. This cordless leaf blower features gas-powered operation, with a 65cc X-TORQ motor producing 3.8-hp.
This Husqvarna blower comes with a massive 631-CFM. You get an efficient model that gives you more than an hour of runtime, with a throttle-controlled fan and high-capacity air nozzle.
This Husky leaf blower features a backpack design with ergonomic contouring for your spine. You get a padded backplate and comfortable, adjustable shoulder straps. This model starts easy, thanks to the air-purge system, and you get cruise control for your throttle operation.
- Powerful 65.6cc 3.8hp X-TORQ engine produces 631-CFM
- Backpack design for user comfort and reduced operator fatigue
- Throttle speed control
- A gas-powered operation for more range
- Fuel efficient operation
- A padded back pad and shoulder straps
- Air-purge system for an easy start
Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower
Homeowners looking for the best value deal can check out this Greenworks cordless leaf blower. This model is suitable for owners of other Greenworks battery-powered products. All Greenworks batteries are compatible with its other machines. The reason we mention this is that this blower doesn’t come with a battery pack or charger. If you already have two or three of those in your garage, why go to the expense of another set?
With this affordable cordless leaf blower, you get a 135-CFM clearing capacity, with 150-mph fan speeds. It’s a good choice for clearing mid-sized to larger gardens, with six speeds settings for versatility with your clearing tasks.
The Greenworks cordless leaf blower features an ergonomic handle design for user comfort and reduced operator fatigue. You get a lightweight, one-handed operation, and a sweep-style air nozzle for a targeting blowing action.
- Affordable model for Greenworks owners
- Compatible with other Greenworks batteries
- 135-CFM clearing power with 135-mph fan speeds
- 6-speed settings for versatility
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle to reduce operator fatigue
Snapper XD Cordless Electric Leaf Blower Kit
This Snapper cordless leaf blower is another excellent premium choice. You get a high-capacity air nozzle design with a 550-CFM output and fan speeds of 130-mph.
This model is a great compact choice for contractors, with a 40-minute run time from the 2.0-Ah batteries and 82-volt Briggs & Stratton electric motor.
You get adjustable speed controls, and a battery and charger kit included with your purchase. This Snapper model features an ergonomic rubberized handle for operator comfort and a locking trigger design with the speed switch located right next to the trigger for one-handed operation.
- Briggs & Stratton 82-volt brushless motor
- 550-CFM clearing power with 130-mph fan speed
- Adjustable fan speed control
- Lithium-ion battery kit and charger included
- High-efficiency brushless motor for 40-minute run time
- Ant-tip base design
- 1-hour charge time
WORX WG545.4 Cordless Hi-Capacity Blower
This second WORX model is another great choice for smaller yards. You get an air-sweeper nozzle design, with a cleaning accessory kit, and 2-in-1 blower and sweeper action. This model includes a 20-volt battery pack and charger included with your purchase.
You get a 225-CFM clearing power, with 80-mph fan speed. This lightweight model features an extended handle for operator comfort, locking trigger design, and variable speed control. This WORX model is compatible with all WORX 20-volt and 40-volt battery packs.
This model comes with a cleaning kit accessory, with eight attachments. The WORX545.5 cordless hi-capacity blower is a great choice for versatile use around the yard, home, and car.
- Works with WORX 20-volt batteries
- 225-CFM with 80-mph fan speed
- Lightweight design for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle for user comfort
- Comes with battery pack and charger
- Compatible with other 20-volt WORX battery packs
- Full cleaning accessory kit included for versatility
EGO Power+ LB4800
This model is another high-quality cordless leaf blower suitable for larger yards. EGO+ is a reputable brand in home maintenance and yardwork machines. Like the Greenworks, this model doesn’t come with a battery pack or charger, so you’ll have to account for that cost if you don’t have any other EGO+ products in your tool shed.
With this cordless leaf blower, you get 480-CFM, and we like the dual-speed control with this model. This blower comes with a lightweight chassis and an ergonomic, extended handle for operator comfort. The high-efficiency brushless motor offers plenty of clearing performance, and the quiet operation of the machine makes it a neighbor-friendly choice.
- Turbine fan design for 480-CFM
- Variable speed control between 250-CFM to 480-CFM
- Weather-resistant design
- Efficient brushless motor
- High-capacity air nozzle
- Lightweight for one-handed operation
- Ergonomic handle for user comfort
- Quiet operation
KIMO Cordless Leaf Blower
KIMO is an underrated brand in home garden maintenance products. This model is an excellent example of its top-quality product range.
With this cordless leaf blower, you get a 2.0-Ah battery back and charger included with your purchase. This model features a 2-in-1 blower and vacuum design for versatile use around the home.
You get variable speed control with this blower and a reusable collection bag for your garden debris. This blower includes a full cleaning accessory kit and a 2,000-rpm brushless motor for efficient operation.
- 2.0-Ah battery pack and charger included
- Ergonomic handle design for user comfort
- 2-in-1 blower and collector
- 2,000-rpm brushless motor
- Variable speed control
- Reusable collection bag
- Full accessory kit included
Black+Decker 20V Max Lithium Sweeper
This affordable model from black + Decker is an excellent choice for smaller clearing tasks around the yard. Sweep off the porch or your patio with the 135-mph cordless leaf blower.
This low-noise model features an extended ergonomic handle for easy operation and a 20-volt battery back for a 40-minute runtime.
- Lightweight design reduces operator fatigue
- Ergonomic handle and trigger for user comfort
- Scooped air nozzle for easy handheld operation
- Quiet Operation
- 20-volt battery pack and charger included
- 130-mph fan speed
Salem Master Cordless Leaf Blower
The Salem Master is another example of a great value deal. This 2-in-1 model features dual blower and vacuum operation, with a full cleaning kit included. You get a 13,000-rpm to 16,000-rpm fan speed, with a reusable collection bag included.
The ergonomic, extended handle reduces operator fatigue, and the 20-volt, 2.0-Ah Max-Lithium battery gives you runtimes over 40-minutes or more, with fast charging. This model includes a battery and a charger in the set.
- Affordable value for homeowners
- Comes with charger and 20-volt battery pack included
- 2-in-1 blower and vacuum function
- Variable air-speed control between 13,000-rpm to 16,000-rpm
- Full cleaning accessory kit included
- Reusable collection bag
- Ergonomic handle and trigger design to reduce operator fatigue
Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
- 🍁【Unlimited Joy w/ KIMO Cordless Leaf Blower】Tired of the limitation of cord,the feeling of yanking a gas-pullout and the noisy sound blowers make? Consider getting the latest KIMO electric leaf blower now!No longer need a heavy backpack or trip over an extension cord.It is battery-operated,relatively quiet yet robust.This is the perfect gift for friends and relatives,whether there are fallen leaves, dust, or winter snow that always gives you a headache, this blower can quickly clean them up!
- 🍁【170 MPH 200 CFM Easily Achieved】Thanks to our latest motor upgrades and turbocharging technology, we managed to realize 170 MPH blowing speed and 200 CFM air volume within this battery-operated blower at a cost that’s only 1/3 of other monsters. Enjoy the joy of boosting power instantly! Who says one needs to sacrifice power in order to be lightweight and easy to maneuver?
- 🍁【2-Inch Large Diameter Nozzle】Too small nozzles tend to increase your working time, because the range they can blow is pitifully small. So we specially upgraded the diameter of the nozzle! This battery leaf blower handheld allows you to blow more leaves or snow at a time, and the air volume is more and wider, which can greatly improve your efficiency.
- 🍁【Quick Assembly, Plug-and-Play】In order to make it more convenient for users to use, this leaf blower cordless with battery and charger only requires two installation steps. Insert the nozzle, and then insert the battery, you can start to enjoy the sense of accomplishment of cleaning your beloved courtyard in one minute! It will become one of your favorite lawn care equipments!
- 🍁【Ultra-light Body and Ergonomic Design】Weighs only 2.7 lbs and features an Ergonomic body that naturally mould to the direction of blowing, you will experience 30% less user fatigue during operation, and it can be operated comfortably with one hand. The upgraded rubber grip of the KIMO cordless hair dryer is not only non-slip when used, but also provides you with just enough support to make your work easier.
- 【Meet Your Needs】Lightweight Cordless leaf blower easily and quickly sweep leaves, sticks, and debris from hard surfaces like driveways, decks, porch, garages. Or clear dust for your workplace, especially for those hard-to-reach areas; You can also use it to blow light snow!
- 【High Performance】Up to 130 MPH/135 CFM; No-load speed: 12500/min. Avid Power battery powered leaf blower is designed to get the work done efficiently and quickly.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Rubber-covered blower handle provides a comfortable grip for one-handed operation. Compact and lightweight design allows you to operate a long time with ease, at only 3.2 pounds. Simply pushing the switch to operate.
- 【Multifunctional Battery Pack】20V 2.0Ah Lithium-ion battery pack comes with real-time capacity indicator and USB output, compatible for all Avid Power cordless devices charging.
- 【What Would You Get】1 * battery-powered cordless leaf blower, 1 * 20V MAX lithium-ion battery, 1 * charger, 1 * user manual, 1 * warranty card, reliable 2 year warranty and US-based customer support.
- With Battery and Charger：The small leaf blower includes a 20V 4.0Ah battery (After fully charged, its working time is about 40-50 minutes. Generally, the working time of a 4.0Ah battery is twice that of a 2.0Ah battery). It is compatible with Makita battery BL1820,if you are not satisfied with the original battery, you can also buy an additional battery yourself.
- Flexible Versatility - 3 variable air speed, with max up to 130 MPH, designed for sweeping small work areas and hard surfaces such as small yards, patios, driveways, decks, garages, sidewalks, garages, etc. It is recommended for cleaning light objects, such as dry leaves, debris, dust, etc.
- Multi-Functionality and Effortless - Incorporates both vacuum and blower into one. It is not only a mini leaf blower, but also a dust vacuum, which can suck dust, wood chips and other small things. In addition, it adds an ON locking trigger function for continuous operation, without the need to press the switch all the time to make the machine work continuously, which can reduce fatigue. please note that vacuuming leaves is not recommended.
- Ergonomically Portable - At only 3.5 pounds, it maximizes one-arm maneuverability and minimizes bodily stress. It is lightweight and highly recommend for children, women,people with weaker bones or elderly people.
- Design to Accessorize - Removable chute or nozzle extender to increase reach and blower efficiency; detachable bag with an easy release for dust and small debris collection. The volume of the leaf blower is very small,you can pack it for storage or take it to travel.
- Advanced Motor and Turbo Engine Tech; Snapfresh leaf blower equipped copper motor, with advanced turbo techs the motor could provide longer product life span and reduce energy consumption than traditional engine; Besides, snapfresh cordless leaf blower applied turbocharging technology which increased the max air output to 130mph; Snapfresh is the mark of better user experience with higher sustainability
- Dual Speed Mode with Adjustable Blowing Tubes; Snapfresh cordless leaf blower cordless carries speed adjusting function; The 2 in 1 design realizes the aim of changing operating scenario by simply pushing the switch; Two modes, 60mph to 130mph, could help you easily convert from indoor work to outdoor work; With adjustable blowing tubes, people with all height would find out a comfortable using experience
- Ultra-lightweight and Ergonomic Design; Snapfresh understand customer’s needs of house working tool; Snapfresh cordless leaf blower designed for family work has a super light body which weight less than 2.7lb, can be comfortably operated by one hand; The handgrip is wrapped with flexible rubber, helps you prevent slipping when using; Snapfresh, refresh your house working experience
- Full Accessory, Battery and Charger Included; Snapfresh leaf blower is the first choice for your family, we provide all accessories you need to start your work immediately; No need for extra purchase like other brands; The included 2.0ah 20v battery could support you for 20-min work for the first mode and 15-min work for the second mode. A full charge will take 1 hour using included fast charger (please do not charge overnight)
- Quick Assembly, All for The User; Snapfresh’s mission is ‘to make people’s life easier’, all product by Snapfresh is designed base on this mission; our products are lightweight, well fitted and could be assembly within minutes
- 530 CFM
- Compact, Light-Weight Design: 7.4lbs with 2.5Ah Battery
- Variable Speed Dial: 250 CFM / 400 CFM / 530 CFM
- High-Efficiency Brushless Motor
- Weather Resistant Construction (ipx4)
Cordless Leaf Blower Buyer’s Guide
Winter is coming. The climate starts to shift in early September, and the air temperature drops. With it, the trees in your yard and around the neighborhood burst into spectacular color displays. Shades of rust red, golden yellow, and brackish brown leaves start to fall to the floor.
Waking up to a blanket of color all over your lawn makes for a beautiful spectacle. Standing there sipping on a hot cup of cocoa while you take in all the natural beauty around your yard is a rewarding experience. However, sooner or later, someone’s got to rake those leaves up and clear the mess.
We bet you have better plans for your Saturday morning that raking up leaves. Spending time in your garden is a great way to get outdoors, but back-breaking labor is no way to enjoy the morning. Depending on the trees in your yard, it could take you hours to complete the task.
Why bother going to the hassle of raking up leaves this fall? With a cordless electric leaf blower, you can finish the job in minutes. Turn on the blower, point it at the leaves, and you’ll have a pile ready for stuffing in the refuse bin in no time.
After reading through the reviews, you’re probably still feeling some uncertainty around picking the right model for your yard work. That’s okay. We understand it’s challenging picking between so many great choices.
In this section, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about cordless leaf blowers. We’ll give you the information you need to settle on the best cordless leaf blower for your yard.
Why You Need a Cordless Leaf Blower
Why go to the hassle of raking up leaves – is this the stone age? Fortunately, technology makes your yard work easier. If you have plenty of tall, leafy trees in your neighborhood, a cordless leaf blower is a must-have gardening tool for your yard.
Choosing the right model for your clearing tasks depends on the size of your yard and your budget. There are different types of cordless leaf blowers to suit your needs.
What are the Types of Cordless Leaf Blowers?
You get two types of cordless leaf blowers, handheld and backpack models.
Handheld Cordless Leaf Blowers
This model runs off a 20-volt or 40-volt battery back. Most manufacturers make batteries compatible across its product range, so if you have a Greenworks mower, then the battery will work in your leaf blower.
These models are convenient. Most of them charge in an hour or two and have runtimes of around 40-minutes, which is all you need to clear your yard. Handheld models have a lightweight design, with lower CFMs than backpack models.
Backpack Cordless Leaf Blowers
Backpack models also have a cordless design, but they have the advantage of coming in battery-pack or gas-powered models. Gas-powered cordless leaf blowers have the highest CFMs, and they’re suitable for clearing large estates and outdoor areas like parking lots.
Backpack cordless leaf blowers have a wider range, allowing you to reach far corners of the estate. You get up to an hour or more of runtime, and a quick refill of the tank gets you back out there for more clearing.
What are the Battery Types for Cordless Leaf Blowers?
Cordless models featuring battery packs rely on one of three types of batteries to power the machine. Here are the three kinds of batteries you’ll find on cordless leaf blowers.
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion) – Lithium-ion is the benchmark in battery standards. This battery gives you fast charging times and extended service life. However, they are the most expensive models compared to other types.
- Nickel Cadmium (Nicad) – The oldest battery type, but it performs well in cold temperatures. The battery offers fast recharging, and it’s the most affordable type. However, it contains toxic chemicals that require proper disposal.
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) – This model is more effective than a Nicad battery, and it’s an environmentally-friendly choice. However, this battery-type doesn’t perform well in cold weather.
Cordless Leaf Blower Features to Look for
When selecting your leaf blower, we recommend looking for the following features.
Motor Power and Battery Voltage
Most models come with a 20-Volt or a 40-Volt battery. Motor powers can vary on battery-powered blowers, reaching 2.0-AH. Most manufacturers make battery’s compatible across its range of power tools and machines. Gas-powered machines can come with engine capacities up to 70cc or more, depending on the model.
Adjustable Speed Control
Look for blowers featuring adjustable speeds. Handheld battery-powered models feature up to six speeds, depending on the manufacturer. Machine with more speeds has more versatility in cleaning and clearing tasks. Gas-powered leaf blowers typically come with throttle control to let you select the ideal operating speed for your application.
Weight of the Blower
The weight of your blower makes a significant difference in the machine’s operator comfort. Most handheld models feature weights of around 3lbvs to 4lbs, without the battery attached. This lightweight design reduces operator fatigue. Backpack models are heavier, but the backpack design distributes the weight across your shoulders. You get hands-free operation of the machine, and only have to control the lightweight nozzle.
Handle and Trigger
Look for an ergonomic handle and trigger design. Models with trigger locks reduce finger fatigue, and an ergonomic handle prevents your hand cramping up during operation. Gas-powered models come with throttle control and lock systems to let you take your finger off the trigger while you work.
Battery-powered models don’t always come with charging stations. Make sure you get a model with a charger and battery included if you need it. Look for blowers offering fast charging times. Depending on the manufacturer, you get models with average charge times between one to four hours. Some homeowners might want a spare battery pack to ensure they always have a charge for the machine.
If you’re choosing a gas-powered leaf blower with a backpack design, look at the shoulder straps and the back pad. You want plenty of padding for comfort during use. Models that skimp on the padding will end up feeling uncomfortable after around 10-minutes of use. The blower housing should also feature a contoured design to fit the natural arch in your back.
The runtime of your machine is important if you want to clear your yard on a single charge or tank. Gas-powered models typically get the longest runtimes. You can expect 60-minutes or more of use from a gas-powered model. With a battery-powered model, you can expect runtimes up to 40-minutes.
Extra Length Handgrip
A textured or rubberized handgrip adds more grip and control of the machine. Look for a model with extended handgrips for the best user comfort during operation. Make sure the handle comes with an ergonomic design to reduce operator fatigue.
Nozzle Blower Design
The nozzle blower design also plays a significant role in the operation of your machine., We like models with high-capacity air nozzles for the best clearing power. Some blowers feature sweeper heads that have a flat design at the nozzle-mouth. This design helps to provide a sweeping action with a targeted effect. A high-capacity air nozzle has more of a shotgun approach for faster clearing action.
Emergency Shutoff Switch
Some blowers come with an emergency shutoff switch. If you lose your grip on the blower, it automatically shuts down the fan. These safety features prevent damage to your leaf blower.
Some models feature dual-functionality as a blower and vacuum. These models can be handy for use around the garden and your car. The blower collects the leaves into a pile, and the vacuum sucks them up into the attachable collection bag. A vacuum function on your blower is also useful as an industrial vacuum cleaner for your car. Blow out the dashboard and vacuum the floorboards using your 2-in-1 machine.
Accessory Cleaning Kit
2-in-1 models come with complete accessory kits for other cleaning applications. Check on the value the manufacturer provides with the unboxing experience.
You need a warranty for your machine if there are any manufacturer faults or shipping damage. Most manufacturers offer a limited one to three-year warranties. A warranty means the brand is willing to stake its reputation on the product, and that’s always an important feature of any tool, appliance, or machine.
How Do I Choose the Right CFM for My Cordless Leaf Blower?
When selecting the best cordless leaf blower, you’ll notice that they come in two or three different power output ratings. Some manufacturers rely on CFM and mph ratings, while others use RPMs. CFM is the more important metric to focus on when choosing your machine.
CFM refers to “Cubic-feet-per-minute,” telling you how much area the blower covers during operation. Mph (miles-per-hour) refers to the speed of the air as it leaves the machine. A high mph rating doesn’t mean that it’s a better blower. There are plenty of models with low mph output but high CFM ratings.
Follow these guidelines when selecting the CFM for your machine.
- 100-CFM or lower – suitable for smaller yards
- 100-CFM to 135-CFM – Suitable for mid-sized to larger yards
- 135-CFM to 150-CFM – Suitable for large yards
- 200-CFM and over – Suitable for use on estates and commercial properties
When choosing the output of your cordless leaf blower, you need to consider your local town laws. Some towns might have noise limitations on using gas-powered machines like leaf blowers. Make sure the machine offers quiet operation if noise is a concern in your area.
Tips for Using Your New Cordless Leaf Blower
- Make sure you use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) when operating the cordless leaf blower. Wear a dust mask to prevent breathing in dust and goggles to stop the dust and debris from getting in your eyes.
- If you’re using a noisy gas-powered model, use ear-plus during operation.
- Keep pets away from the machine during use, the noise frightens them, and they’ll start barking at you.
- Keep people away from the clearing area during use.
- Don’t point the blower at people while in use.
- Don’t use a blower before 9 AM as a courtesy to your neighbors. Even run-quiet models make some noise that might disturb the peace.
Cordless Leaf Blower FAQs
Are there cordless leaf blowers for left-handed operation?
Choose a model with bottom-mounted air intakes. This design prevents the machine from pulling at your clothing if you’re left-handed.
How much CFM do I need for my cordless leaf blower?
When selecting your leaf blower, stick to a ratio of 1-CFM per square foot of the clearing area. A rough estimate will do. Measure the distance of both sides of your yard, and multiple them to find your ideal CFM.
Can I use my cordless leaf blower to dry my car after a wash?
Finished washing your car? Put the chamois leather down and pick up your leaf blower. Make sure you blow out any dust and then use it to speed-dry your vehicle. You can also use your cordless leaf blower to clean out the interior of your car. Blow the dust off the dashboard and console, or spray pet hair off the back seat.
Where do I buy my cordless leaf blower?
We recommend you buy your cordless leaf blower from the world’s largest retailer, Amazon. Amazon has the best range available, and sellers offering the best prices. If you’re a Prime member, you get fast shipping directly to your door, with buyer protection on your purchase. Amazon has an easy returns process and the best customer service.
Cordless Leaf Blowers – The Verdict
By now, you should have your eye on a suitable cordless leaf blower for your yard. However, we realize its challenging to settle on a preferred model, even after reading a roundup review. If you’re still on the fence with your purchase, why not rely on one of our top picks for the best cordless leaf blower?
The WORX WG547 is a powerful handheld cordless leaf blower. This model features turbine motor technology, producing up to 360-CFM, at 75-mph fan speeds. The WORX comes with a high-capacity air nozzle for your blower – you get the clearing job done faster with this machine.
Estate owners and contractors looking for the best high-powered cordless leaf blower will enjoy the Husqvarna 967144301 360BT Backpack Blower. As the name implies, this model straps to your back, with comfortable shoulder pads and a padded backplate. This gas-powered model produces a monster 631-CFM from the 3.8-hp motor.
Homeowners looking for the most affordable model for their yard will love the Greenworks 40V Cordless Blower. This model features 130-CFM at fan speeds of 150-mph. You get variable speed control and compatibility with all Greenworks 20-volt and 40-volt battery packs. Note that this model does not come with a charger or battery, sold separately.