Bouncing around on a pogo stick is heaps of fun for both children and a few adults that embrace their inner-child. A pogo stick is a crude contraption, but it provides kids with hours of entertainment.
Pogoing helps children build the muscles in their legs, hips, and core while helping them to master their balance – Overall, it’s a fun toy with plenty of health and developmental benefits for your kids.
However, pogoing isn’t only for kids; some adults latched onto the pastime as well. Today, you get pogo sticks for kids, teens, and adults, with each of them featuring a specific design to cater to the rider.
In this review, we’ll take a look at the best pogo stick for your kids, and we’ll even introduce a model that adults can have fun with as well.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 The Best Pogo Stick Reviews
- 3 Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
- 4 Other Best Selling Options
- 5 Pogo Stick Buyers Guide
- 6 Pogo Stick FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
If you’re looking for the best pogo stick, and you don’t have the time to go through our review, you can rely on our top choices. We picked the best pogo stick for kids, teens, and adults, giving you the option of ending your search right now.
The Best Pogo Stick for Kids – Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick
- THE MASTER GETS EVEN BETTER- The New Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick 2.0 is a great pogo for intermediate to advanced riders. It is meant for kids ages 9 and up, and weight ranges from 80-160 pounds.
- FOAM COVERED METAL FRAME- This Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick 2.0 features an enclosed spring and a foam wrapped metal frame. The soft foam material offers a cool look while also providing protection.
- NEW RUBBER SURE GRIP HANDLES- The New 2.0 Edition features a comfortable and durable hand grip that makes it easy to hold on when flying high!
- NEW WIDER STURDY, NON-SLIP FOOT PEGS- Wider textured foot pegs are closer to the center to increase stability. The pegs are reinforced for safety and balance.
- NEW REINFORCED SHAFT, PISTON & SPRING – The core components have been reinforced for strength and durability. NEW WIDER TIP – The wider tip provides a safer, stable, smoother bounce. The tip cap is covers to help keep debris out and give it a new refreshing look.
The Foam Master pogo stick from Flybar is the perfect model for young kids under the age of 9 years-old. This stick comes in plenty of color options, and the grippy foot pegs ensure your kid’s feet don’t slip while they’re bouncing.
The Best Pogo Stick for Teens – Flybar Super Pogo
- CLASSIC TRICK POGO STICK: The Super Pogo is a classic pogo stick from Flybar meant for extreme jumping and technical pogo tricks but is always great for beginners who want to learn to pogo. Nothing beats a classic.
- HEAVY DUTY METAL CONSTRUCTION: Strong spring powered pogo stick made of a heavy metal construction with reinforced injected-molded clamps and steps that will hold up for the most technical pogo tricks.
- WIDE STANCE FOOT PEGS: The Super Pogo by Flybar features large wide stance foot pegs with grip tape so you have the ultimate control whether you are just casual jumping or doing extreme tricks. Strong and reinforced to handle peg stalls on curbs or rail
- LEARN BALANCE & COORDINATION SKILLS: In a fun and exciting way. So much fun that won’t even realize that you are exercising. The Flybar Super Pogo is meant for beginners all the way up to experts. Perfect if you want to just jump around or if you are pr
- Meant for ages as low as 14 & Up to adults weighing from 120 to 210 pounds
As kids grow, they gain weight, and their childhood pogo stick will no longer provide a strong enough spring for bouncing. The Super Pogo 1505 is the ideal model for teens that need additional power from their pogo stick when bouncing around.
The Best Pogo Stick for Adults – Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick
- THE MOST ADVANCED POGO STICK EVER CREATED – the V4 Pro uses a patented air spring that is far more powerful than a traditional pogo stick but weighs...like, zero pounds
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE AIR SPING – use a standard bike pump (schrader valve) to fine tune the air spring to your exact preference. Want a soft spring that limits you to a couple feet of air? Pump the stick up to a low air pressure somewhere around 1/4 of your body weight in pounds. Want to jump higher? Pump some more air into it. It’s as simple as that!
- PERFECT FOR BIG AIR TRICKS – 9 world records and counting have been set on the V4. When you can jump over a car the number of tricks you can do in the air is seemingly limitless
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY – made in the U.S.A and hand assembled from high quality aircraft grade materials. We stand behind all of the pogo sticks we build because if we stood in front we'd totally get smashed. All parts except for the grip tip and handlebars are warrantied for one year from the date of purchase
- SIZING – Small for 5'5" and under | Medium for 5'6" - 5'11" | Large for 6' and up
Pogoing is for adults too! The Vurtego V4 is a powerful pogo stick for professional use. You can adjust the spring strength to increase or decrease your bounce height. This pogo stick is so strong; you can use it to jump over cars!
The Best Pogo Stick Reviews
There are so many pogo sticks available at online retailers that choosing the right one for your kids, or yourself, can be an overwhelming experience.
Fortunately, we took the time to assess all of the offerings available and rounded them down to our top five choices. This review has options for kids of all ages, as well as a pogo stick for adults and professional use.
Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick – Best Pogo Stick for Kids
Flybar is one of the leading brands of pogo sticks available. They make practical, fun, and stylish pogo sticks designed for kids. The Foam Master is an example of one of the best pogo sticks for kids, and it wins our award for the best overall pogo stick for kids in this review.
The frame and foam come in seven different color schemes, making it an excellent choice for kids that like colorful toys. Ger Hansburg, the inventor of the modern pogo stick, is the founder of Flybar, and it shows in the intelligent and straightforward design of the company’s products.
The Foam Master features foam padding around the spring shaft, with a wide bounce tip for additional stability when kids are learning. The padding also inspires confidence in youngsters trying the pogo for the first time, as the padding prevents any injury.
The grip on the footpegs keeps your kid’s feet in place as they bounce around, and the slip-resistant base ensures there are no issues with slipping on wet and slick surfaces. Your kid can keep control of the pogo stick with the plush grips and well-balanced handlebars.
- Weight Limit: 80 to 160-lbs
- Recommended age: 9-years or older
- Leading brand
- Different colors available
- Slip-resistant with plenty of grip on the footpegs
- Comfortable handle
- Not suitable for kids weighing less than 80-pounds
Flybar Super Pogo – Best Pogo Stick for Teens
For teenagers that are looking to jump on the pogo stick trend, we recommend the Super Pogo for a fun stick with plenty of bounce. This pogo features a solid metal frame with a sturdy spring to take the weight of a growing teenager.
The power of the spring is ideal for those intermediate riders looking to start practicing tricks or attempt big jumps. This model suit teems weighing between 120 and 210-pounds, meaning that it’s the ideal choice for a pogo stick that your teen can grow into over the years.
The retro frame features a sleek design, with the spring exposed in the shaft. You also get a skid-free nitrile tip to extend the life of the tip and prevent slipping on slick and wet surfaces.
The curved handlebars are ideal for total control over the stick, and the wide footpegs ensure your feet never slip off, even on the highest jumps.
The compact design of the Super Pogo 1505 makes it easy to transport to a friend’s house or pack away in the cupboard when not in use.
This pogo stick has plenty of power, and it’s the ideal intermediate piece of equipment to master before moving onto a professional model. Being that the stick can accommodate up to 210-lbs of user weight, this stick also makes a fun toy for an adult that wants to try out a pogo stick.
- Weight Limit: 120 to 210-lbs
- Recommended age: 14-years or over
- Excellent pricing
- The best choice for teens
- Wide footpegs
- skid-free nitrile pogo tip
- Steel frame may cause injury during falls
Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick – The Best Pogo Stick for Adults
For those teens and adults that master the pogo stick, you’re going to want to get the best professional equipment available if you’re going to reach the top echelon of the sport. The Vurtego V4 Pro pogo stick is the top of the line choice for adults and teens that take pogo seriously.
This model has already helped pogo enthusiasts break nine Guinness World Records, and it’s the ideal choice if you’re looking for a professional pogo stick that offers the highest jumps for tricks. This pogo stick has more in common with a potable trampoline than a pogo.
This model has a unique design compared to the other in this review. It features an adjustable air chamber to provide the bounce, instead of a spring. As a result, you can customize your setting to suit your weight and the performance of the pogo stick.
If you want to start doing backflips and jumping over obstacles, then the Vurtego V4 Pro is the best piece of equipment available.
The Vurtego V4 is available in three sizes, including a small (5’5 ″ and below), medium (5’6 ″ to – 5’11”), and large (6′ or over).
The design and construction of this pogo stick feature the use of premium parts. You get lizard skin grips, as well as aluminum footpegs and cylinders, and shafts made out of stainless steel.
- Weight Limit: 80 to 300-lbs
- Recommended age: 12-years or older
- Adjustable air pressure
- Suitable for adults and professional use
- Max bounce height of 10-feet
Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
Razor are well known for their Scooters for kids, they also make a range of other toys including Pogo sticks. The Razor Gogo Pogo Stick is a great pogo stick which brings their unique design skills – this model has enclosed springs and is foldable like their scooters.
It has an aluminum frame and folding foot rests and the foot pads are replaceable.
Its a great model and suitable for kids from age 6 upwards and will hold people up to 140 lbs.
- Weight Limit: 140-lbs
- Recommended age: 6-years or older
- Light Weight
- Excellent Design & Build
- Reports it can be a little stiff
Flybar Maverick Pogo Stick
If you have children between the age of 5 and 8, then they might be too light for the Flybar Foam Master. If that’s the case, then check out this model. The Maverick is a great choice for younger kids, and it’s like a smaller-scale version of the Foam Master.
You get the same foam-protected frame available in vibrant colors, and grippy footpegs with a wide rubber tip on the foot of the pogo.
It’s an affordable pogo that’s an ideal choice for a youngster that wants to try pogoing, and it won’t set back the parents too much at the checkout. The narrow center shaft prevents chaffing, and the ergonomic handlebars provide the rider with total control over the stick.
- Weight Limit: 40 to 80-lbs
- Recommended age: 5 to 8-years old
- Wide range of color available
- An excellent choice for children
- Skid-free footpegs
- Rubber pogo tip
- Not rust resistant
- Pogo tip wears easily
My First Flybar Foam Pogo Jumper for KidsThis pogo stick is for those kids under 5-years old that want to look cute for their parents. This fun little toy features a wide bounce foot to ensure the stability of your child while bouncing.
The toy can support 250-lbs, giving daddy a chance to show their kiddo how to pogo. The My First Flybar also comes with a squeaky toy mounted in the bouncing foot that squeaks with every bounce. While this is cute initially, it can become a headache if you’re not in the mood.
The soft, bouncy materials used in the construction of this toy ensure safe use for young children, and the plastic bungees are robust enough to handle use outdoors. You also get a dozen attractive color options to suit girls and boys.
- Weight Limit: 250-lbs
- Recommended age: 3 to 6-years old
- The perfect pogo for small children
- Easy to balance
- Squeaky noise produced when bouncing
- Squeaky noise will drive parent’s crazy!
Other Best Selling Options
- NEW BRIGHT VIBRANT COLORS: The Limited Edition Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo for Kids feature two new bright and exciting colors. The same classic maverick pogo but with new rubber hand grips. By the Original Pogo Stick Company.
- NEW ERGONOMIC RUBBER HAND GRIPS- The Limited Edition Maverick Pogo Stick For Kids is now even easier to hold onto with durable rubber hand grips instead of foam.
- PERFECT FOR THE FIRST TIME JUMPER- The Limited Edition Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick is a great beginner pogostick for your little one to learn the basics. Before you know it, they'll be an expert! Meant for ages 5 & up weighing 40 to 80 pounds.
- FOAM COVERED METAL FRAME- This Flybar Pogo Stick features a fully enclosed spring, surrounded by a foam wrapped metal frame. The soft foam material offers a really cool look while also providing protection of your child and the pogo stick itself.
- STURDY, NON-SLIP FOOT PEGS- Textured foot pegs to increase stability and to make sure your child doesn’t slip off.
- THE ORIGINAL POGO STICK COMPANY- Flybar has been in business since 1918 and continues to be "the standard by which all pogos are measured." You can be assured that everything we make is the best of the best.
- FOAM COVERED GRIPS AND FRAME: We covered our Master Pogo Stick in foam not only for a comfortable cushion grip, but to keep your pogo looking great.
- WIDER STANCE BOUNCE TIP: Not only do we want you to have fun, but we want you to be safe. The wider tip provides a more stable and consistent pogoing experience.
- SHOW OFF YOUR TRICKS: Flybar’s Master Pogostick features stable, non-slip foot pegs to help riders do tricks with ease.
- The Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick is meant for kids ages 9 and up, and is able to handle weights from 80-160 pounds.
- A new twist on an old Classic
- Features a fully enclosed spring system with low-friction bushings
- Foldable and more portable then ever before
- Lightweight aluminum frame construction with folding footrests
- Also features folding handlebars and foam grips for comfort
- Boing; Boing, Squeek! The My First Flybar foam pogo stick is hours of healthy, bouncy fun. Crafted from durable foam, this is an ideal first pogo stick for kids; each jump makes a fun squeaky sound destined to delight
- Use anywhere; We’ve designed our kids jumper for indoor and outdoor use, the heavy duty components will withstand all conditions and unlike inferior jumping toys, this pogo jumper for kids is made to last! A great boys or girls toy for ages 3 and up!
- Train balance; Pogo sticks make great active toys for kids because they help train hand eye coordination and gross motor skills; Give your kid a headstart in life with a toddler pogo stick crafted to improve balance
- Healthy; Get your kid off the sofa with a jumping toy that encourages fitness; Our bungee jumper is a foam pogo stick that promotes healthy activity whilst being incredible bouncy boing fun
- Manufacturer promise; At Flybar, we pride ourselves on seamless customer service; If you don’t love our foam pogo jumper, simply return it within 30 days for a total refund; No fuss, no tricks, just incredible service you can trust
- PERFECT FOR SMALLER KIDS - Designed for younger kids, the Pogo Stick can withstand up to 80 lbs easily. The minimum required weight for the Sport edition is 40 lbs. Perfect for beginner and intermediate riders. Invite some friends over and let the fun begin!
- QUALITY THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - We never settle for anything less than top-quality, at every step of the manufacturing process, from sourcing to delivery. An amazing gift that will last for years. The pogo stick is designed to last through hours of fun. Reach your goal of a thousand jumps with this pogo stick!
- SOFT, EASY-GRIP FOAM HANDLES AND FRAME - Added for your comfort and safety, the foam coating provides a great cushioned grip. Besides protecting you and the Pogo Stick it adds style and keeps it looking awesome. It comes in 4 fun and bright colors to sought everyone's taste and style.
- WIDER STANCE FOR INCREASED SAFETY - The specially designed wide stance is more stable, and makes it easier to bounce with. Show off your tricks with ease. Safety gear and helmets are recommended. Spend hours of competing or beating your own high score! See how many jumps you can!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - New Bounce works hard to ensure that they only carry top of the line products. However, if you have any issue with the Pogo Sticks at any time, please contact our friendly customer service team, and we will be sure to resolve any issue right away.
Pogo Stick Buyers Guide
Now that you have an idea of the best pogo sticks available, it’s time to narrow down your choices and select the model that’s right for you or your kids. Our buyer’s guide will give you everything you need to know about purchasing the right pogo stick to meet your requirements.
Max Pohlig and Ernst Gottschall were the inventors of the modern pogo stick, launching the first model in 1920. The sick didn’t feature any handles, and George B. Hansburg was the first inventor to modify the pogo stick to include two handles.
With the popularity of the pogo reaching fever pitch in the 70s and the 80s, many other manufacturers decided to cash in on the craze. Today, only the top brands in pogo sticks remain, and the modern design and construction of pogo sticks are very different from the crude models of 50-years ago.
Manufacturers, such as Vurtego and Flybar, started mass-production of the pogo stick, with each of the manufacturers customizing the design to suit user weight and height.
Pogo sticks are plenty of fun. Your kids can use them to pass the time while they bounce around the yard, providing them with entertainment that keeps them out of your hair for an afternoon.
However, there are also professional pogo sticks, such as the Vurtego, that are suitable for adult use. These pogo sticks are so powerful; you can use them to jump 10-feet in the air! The Xpogo team is a group of professional pogo players that launch tricks that you would expect to see on a motocross circuit, flying through the air doing Superman’s and backflips.
What to Look for When Buying a Pogo Stick for Your Kid
If you’re looking for a pogo stick as a present for your kid, then there are a couple of factors you need to take into consideration before you finalize your purchase. Pogo sticks might seem easy enough to use, but when you first step onto one of these devices, it can take some getting used to before you master the pogo.
Therefore, you need to choose a model that suits your child, or they’ll end up injuring themselves or damaging the pogo stick.
Here’s what you need to look for in a pogo stick for your children.
Age and Weight
When choosing the right pogo for you or your kids, you need to focus on the recommended height and weight of the stick. When you’re using a pogo stick, treat it as an extension of your body. Therefore, the mantra of one-size-fits-all doesn’t apply to your pogo stick.
Find a model that your child can grow into, and they’ll have a pogo stick that lasts for years. Most manufactures issue recommended height and weight limits for their sticks, so choose one that fits your kids.
If you choose a model recommended for heavier kids, the spring might be too tight. As a result, your kid won’t have enough weight to compress the spring.
When selecting the best pogo stick for your kids, look for additional safety features that protect your child from injury. The footpegs of the stick should feature a grip that prevents feet from slipping during use.
Foam padding around the shaft and padded handlebars go a long way in preventing injuries if your kid takes a fall. Make sure that the tip of the pogo stick has a durable rubber pad to reduce vibration from the ground through the stick during use.
Your kids will have plenty of fun bouncing around on the pogo for hours. However, it takes some skill to master, and you can bet that they’ll be a couple of falls before they get the hang of the pogo stick.
Therefore, you need to kit young kids out with elbow and knee pads – and don’t forget the helmet top protect their head from injury. Please avoid using the pogo stick barefoot, as it can hurt your feet.
Some pogo sticks come with fully-encased springs, preventing any pinching of your skin during a bounce.
Pogo sticks aren’t marvels of modern technology. Most of them feature design and manufacturer with metal springs and frames. You can expect your pogo stick to feature the use of metal in the frame and spring steel for the bouncing spring. Professional models may feature design with lightweight alloys for additional strength during high bounces.
The spring is the heart of the pogo stick, and you don’t want to compress it entirely during a bounce. If you find that you’re hitting the bottom of the springs travel, then you need a model with a stiffer spring.
Here’s a fun fact: Did you know that NASA once thought about using pogo sticks for astronauts to use as a means of travel on the surface of the moon. Can you imagine how high you would bounce in zero gravity?
Professional models swap out the spring for an air-chamber. The models offer adjustable pressure in the spring of the pogo stick, allowing the user to customize the setting for their height and weight.
Apart from the spring or air compression chamber, the second most important feature on your pogo stick is the foot. The foot of the stick requires design and manufacture with a durable rubber for grip and shock-resistance. Some cheaper models of pogos wear through the tip quickly. As a result, you feel the shock of the bounce moving through your feet and up your body.
Choose a model that uses nitrile rubber at the tip of the pogo. Nitrile rubber is durable, giving your pogo stick a long service life.
How to Ride a Pogo Stick
Starting your pogo stick journey can be somewhat intimidating if you’ve never ridden one before. However, learning to ride is not rocket science, and adults will pick it up quickly. If you have a good sense of balance, then learning to ride the pogo stick shouldn’t be a problem for you.
However, small kids have yet to establish their balance properly, and they might have a harder time trying to balance on the pogo at first. It’s for this reason that you should always ensure you watch over your child while they practice with the pogo.
In the first few sessions, you can expect them to fall, and without adult supervision, your child could injure themselves severely. Always keep an eye on your kids while they’re bouncing around. After they master the pogo, you can leave them to their devices.
If you want to learn to ride a pogo like a professional, then follow this easy-riding guide.
Start with jumping onto the stick with both feet, and complete one bounce. When landing, land with your feet on the ground after the first jump. This strategy helps you get used to the mechanics and bounce of the stick.
Work at your balance until you can manage two or more bounces in a row. Remember to bend your knees, and keep your inner thighs tight against the shaft of the pogo stick when bouncing.
Use the handlebars to control your direction, and tilt the stick forward to move in that direction while bouncing. Always lean your body over the pogo stick, and never tilt backward.
Pogo Stick FAQs
If you’re still deciding about the best pogo stick for you or your kids, check out this list of frequently asked questions about the sport.
Are pogo sticks for children only?
No, there are professional models available from brands like Vurtego. These models are suitable for adult use.
What’s the most important part of choosing the right pogo stick for my kids?
Choose a model that matches their height and weight. If your child is growing, then consider getting a model one size bigger so they can grow into the toy.
What kind of safety gear do I need while pogoing?
Small kids should wear a full protective kit when first using a pogo stick. Make sure they have a helmet, elbow, and knee pads. Wrist guards can also prevent a FOOSH injury. Adults can get away with no gear, but if you’re using a professional model like the Vurtego, then we recommend you at least wear a helmet to protect your head.
How long does a pogo stick last?
The chances are that your child’s enthusiasm for the toy will wear out long before the components of the pogo stick itself. For extended service life, make sure you choose a model with a nitrile rubber tip for wear-resistance.
By now, you should have a good idea of the best pogo stick for yourself or your kids. In case you’re still on the fence with your decision, you can rely on your top choices.
The Flybar Foam Master and the Super Pogo 1505 are excellent options for younger kids and teens. If you’re an adult looking to start pogoing, then check out the Vurtego V4 Pro.
Whatever pogo stick you end up choosing, its sure to provide you and your family with countless hours of family entertainment.