Tripod sprinklers offer a customizable, easy, and effective way to water a lawn and garden, and as such, there are so many different options to choose form.
With so many models, shopping for a tripod sprinkler can seem like a difficult task. In an attempt to simplify the process of shopping for and choosing a tripod sprinkler, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the guesswork for you.
In this guide, we’ve compiled a list of reviews of our top picks for the best tripod sprinklers. These reviews highlight the key features of each sprinkler and include a list of pros and cons for each one. We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide that details the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a tripod sprinkler.
To wrap things up, we’ve provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that shoppers have about tripod sprinklers.
With the information presented in this guide, you should have no problem choosing the best tripod sprinkler to meet your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Tripod Sprinkler Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Tripod Sprinkler Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Tripod Sprinkler FAQs
- 6 Final Thoughts
For shoppers who are in a rush and don’t have the time to read through lengthy reviews but still want to be sure that they find the most durable, effective, and easiest to use tripod sprinkler, this section is for you.
- Best Pick: Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base
Our pick for the best overall tripod sprinkler is the Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base. It sits on durable, height-adjustable legs, that can be extended from 22 inches to 48 inches, so you can select the ideal height for your irritation needs.
- Premium Pick: Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
If you’re looking for a high-end tripod sprinkler, the Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler. Constructed of durable metal, extendable to up to 54 inches, and with 35-foot adjustability, this tripod sprinkler can easily reach large areas.
- Budget Pick: Aqua Plumb Tripod Sprinkler for Gardening
If you’re looking for a tripod sprinkler that can rely on to meet your irrigation needs, yet won’t break the bank, the Aqua Plumb Tripod Sprinkler for Gardening is an excellent choice and our pick for the best budget tripod sprinkler. It offers full-coverage watering, allowing you to irrigate your lawn and garden up to 60 feet in diameter.
Tripod Sprinkler Reviews
Now that you’ve read through our condensed reviews of the top three tripod sprinklers, let’s dive in and take a closer look.
In this section, you’ll find more in-depth reviews that provide a more in-depth look at the key features of our top picks for the best tripod sprinklers, as well as a handful of other high-quality, easy to use, and effective models.
After each description, we’ve also included a list of pros and cons so that you can easily read through the benefits and disadvantages of each sprinkler.
Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler on Tripod Base
If you’re looking for a durable, easy to use, customizable, and reliable tripod sprinkler that’s affordably priced, too, the Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler is an outstanding choice (and our pick for the best overall tripod sprinkler).
The legs of the tripod are constructed of durable, yet lightweight metal, so it can easily withstand wear and tear. The tripod is outfitted with an adjustment system that tightens the tripod, which not only adjusts the height from 22 inches to 48 inches, and increases the stability of the sprinkler.
The tripod features a sturdy adjustable base that swivels, adjusts, and tightens, allowing you to achieve steady measurement applications. This tripod sprinkler is compact in size, features collapsible legs, and weighs just 5 pounds, make it super easy to transport and store.
The adjustable base swivels, adjusts, and tightens the sprinkler, so you can enjoy steady measurement applications. A fine adjustment crank on the tripod makes setup quick and easy.
Lightweight, easy to set up, easy to transport and store, customizable, and affordably priced, the Orbit 58308Z Brass Impact Sprinkler can meet the irrigation needs of all types of yards and all kinds of gardeners.
- Features an extendable height adjustment base that can be expanded from 22 inches to 48 inches
- Tripod features a steady adjustable base that swivels, adjusts, and tightens the sprinkler, allowing for steady measurement applications
- Compact in size, lightweight, and with collapsible legs, this tripod sprinkler is easy to transport, easy to store, and easy to set up
- Features an adjustment system that tightens the tripod, allowing for increased stability at your desired height
Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
While there may be a lot of tripod sprinklers on the market, and many of them are high-quality, the model that tops the list and that we think is the best of the best is the Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler.
This sprinkler is constructed of extremely durable, yet lightweight metal, so you can have confidence knowing that it will be able to stand up to wind and water pressure and stay put on the ground; it will also be able to withstand constant exposure to the elements.
It features a 120 degree sensor, complete with day only, night only, and always-on activation modes, you can customize the sprinkler to meet your unique irrigation needs. The advanced, intelligent sensing technology can detect obstructions that get in the path of water flow, including people and animals, from up to 40 feet away, even in the dark, optimizing water and battery conservation.
The technology is so smart, in fact, that it can tell the difference between people and animals and tree limbs that are blowing in the wind, in order to prevent overwatering. It has more than, 7,500 activation cycles with only four AA batteries. It’s lightweight and collapsible, too, so it’s easy to transport, easy to set up, and easy to store. With so many benefits, it’s no wonder why we chose the Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler as our pick for the best premium tripod sprinkler.
Not only is this tripod sprinkler extremely durable, but it’s also fully adjustable. The tripod can be extended up to 54 inches, so it will easily access all of those hard-to-reach areas. What really sets the Orbit 62120 Garden Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler is the exclusive Detection Mode feature. This advanced, intelligent technology, features a 120 degree sensor with day only, night only, and always-on activation modes, so you can set it to operate only during the day, only at night, or 24 hours a day.
This technology features a powerful infrared sensor that accurately detects people and animals from up to 40 feet away and has a 120 degree wide viewing angle, offering a total of 1,600 square feet of reliable coverage for your yard. In addition to watering your yard, it can also be used as a humane pest deterrent.
Just position the sensor on the sprinkler in the direction where pests are entering your yard and it will automatically detect them and the sprinkler will instantly turn on, delivering a spray of water that will deter those pests and prevent them from damaging your lawn and garden. You can increase the water enforcement area, too; just connect additional impact sprinklers (sold separately) to the dual flow-through ports, and the flow from the Yard Enforcer will be even more powerful.
Alternatively, you can use additional Yard Enforcers that can be connected via the flow-through outlet, to increase the coverage zone. With a 30 minute watering cycle, the Yard Enforcer can function as a timed sprinkler, too. With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why we chose the Yard Enforcer as our pick for the best overall tripod sprinkler.
- Tripod is made of durable, yet lightweight metal
- Can be expanded up to 54 inches
- Features advanced intelligent motion sensing technology with 40 foot detection capability
- Outfitted with a 120 degree sensor with day only, night only, or always-on activation modes
- 35-foot adjustable impact sprinkler and a 30 minute timed watering setting
- Adjustable line of sight
- Easy to set up, easy to store, easy to use
Aqua Plumb Tripod Sprinkler for Gardening
The Aqua Plum Tripod Sprinkler for Gardening is an easy to use, lightweight, portable, and reliable tripod sprinkler. With the ability to water an area of up to 60 feet in diameter, it offers full-coverage irrigation, so you can have confidence knowing that your lawn and garden will receive the water it needs to thrive.
The legs can be planted into the ground and you can adjust the tripod in order to achieve the ideal coverage for your specific needs. Constructed of durable, yet lightweight metal materials, and fully collapsible, this tripod sprinkler is easy to transport and easy to store.
It features a 43 inch expandable metal tripod base and spikes in the legs secure it in place for reliable durability. The height of the sprinkler can be easily adjusted from 24 inches to 36 inches, too.
As our pick for the best budget tripod sprinkler, when you choose the Aqua Plumb Tripod Sprinkler for Gardening, you can successfully irrigate your lawn and garden without having to worry about making a big financial investment.
Setting up this stationary sprinkler is a cinch; just thread a garden hose into the nozzle, twist to achieve the ideal setting for your yard, turn on your hose, and it sit back while it takes care of the watering for you. The tripod base is constructed of durable yet lightweight metal, and features spikes on the legs, which ensures that it is stable in the ground and won’t fall over while it’s operating.
The legs of the tripod can be adjusted from 24 inches to 36 inches, for totally customizable irrigation. The manufacturer, Aqua Plumb, is dedicated to meeting the needs of all gardeners and is committed to ensuring that all of their customers are satisfied and always achieve the results that they desire.
Of course, as our top pick for the best budget tripod sprinkler, the Aqua Plumb Tripod Sprinkler for Garden is also very affordably priced.
- Can successfully irrigate landscapes up to 60 feet in diameter
- The tripod is constructed of durable, yet lightweight materials
- The legs feature spikes on the bottom, so it can be firmly planted into the ground and won’t tip over during operation
- The 43 inch expandable tripod base can be expanded from 24 inches to 36 inches
- Very easy to set up; just choose a location, attach a garden hose, and turn it on
- Lightweight, easy to transport, and easy to store
- Provides customizable irrigation
- Very affordably priced
Aqua Joe AJ-6PSTB
Another excellent tripod sprinkler is the Aqua Joe AJ-6PSTB Indestructible Series 6 Pattern HD Sprinkler/Mister Combo, 45 Inch, 360 Degree Coverage. The heavy-duty metal construction and rust-resistant components are virtually indestructible so you can enjoy reliable irrigation for years to come.
It features six adjustable spray patterns, including flat, fan, mist, large, multi, and minimum, allowing you to customize the spray to suit the specific needs of your yard; for example, you can use the minimum setting for delicate plants, the mist setting for succulents, or the large setting for hard-to-reach areas and on plants that can handle a heavier spray.
The rotating head covers a full 360 degree degrees, allowing for even water disruption over your entire yard, and with a telescopic design that can be adjusted from 31 inches to 45.2 inches, it delivers a 4,500 square foot range and a spray of up to 75.4 inch diameter, you can have confidence knowing that your landscape will be properly irrigated so that it will stay lush and healthy.
You can control the flow, too, with a maximum flow rate of 9.3 GPM. With six different settings, height adjustability, a 360 degree rotating head that covers partial to full circle, extremely durable, lightweight, and easy to set up and use, the Aqua Joe AJ-6PSTB Indestructible Series 6 Pattern HD Sprinkler/Mister Combo 45 Inch 36 Degree Coverage is definitely one of the best on the market; it’s affordably priced, too.
- Constructed of heavy-duty metal and outfitted with rust-resistant components for years of reliable irrigation
- Features six adjustable spray patterns, including flat, fan, mist, large, multi, and minimum
- Telescopic design can be adjusted from 31 inches to 45.2 inches, for a coverage area of up to 4,500 square feet
- Rotating head allows for 360 degree coverage; adjust it to cover a partial or full circle so you can always enjoy even watering
- Spikes on the bottom of the legs ensure that the tripod sprinkler stays in place and won’t fall over during operation
- Lightweight, easy to transport, easy to set up, and easy to use
- Affordably priced
Strongway Tripod Sprinkler with Round Base
Last on our list of the best tripod sprinklers is the Strongway Tripod Sprinkler with Round Base. The feature that really sets this model apart from the rest of the options on our list is the round base, which helps to ensure stability.
The sprinkler can be set to full or partial circle spray pattern, allowing for a wide coverage area of up to 120 feet in diameter or 11,000 square feet, so you can decide which areas of your lawn and garden will receive water and adjust the pattern accordingly. It features three separate nozzles deliver water at a trajectory of approximately 23 degrees and a 7 to 14 GPM flow rate that will quickly and thoroughly irrigate your lawn.
The 25 inch round base is constructed of durable metal and features three spikes that offer additional stability. It features a 1 inch FPT to ¾ inch FGH brass swivel fitting, so it’s quick and easy to set up.
The ruggedly constructed, 1 inch impact-style brass sprinkler head is exceptionally durable and can handle a 22 PSI to 60 PSI max water pressure, which makes it safe and effective to use with most standard garden hoses.
- Features a 25 inch round base with 3 spikes for reliable stability
- Has a radius of up to 60 feet (120 feet diameter) that can ready a very wide area and can cover up to 11,000 square feet of space
- Three separate nozzles deliver water at a rate of approximately 23 inch trajectory and a 7 to 14 GMP flow rate for fast and efficient irrigation
- Features a 1 inch FPT to ¾ inch FGH brass swivel fittings for easy set up and operation
- You can set it to operate in a full circle or partial circle pattern for customizable irrigation
- Can easily handle 22 to 60 PSI water pressure
Other Best Selling Options
- LARGE-AREA COVERAGE: Sprays up to 85 feet in diameter, covering 5,670 square feet when set to a full circle.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Quality zinc materials ensure it will last season after season.
- ADJUSTABLE COVERAGE: Easily adjust spray coverage from a partial section to full 360° watering.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Use the deflector shield and diffuser screw to alter the stream and change the spray distance radius anywhere from 20 to 42 feet.
- ANTI-BACKSPLASH ARM: Improves the sprinklers ability to spray water in a consistent pattern and in the desired direction.
- LARGE-AREA COVERAGE: Sprays up to 90 feet in diameter, covering 6,360 square feet when set to a full circle
- HEAVY-DUTY BRASS: The brass construction can withstand high water pressures and severe weather conditions without the worry of breaking, rusting, or failing
- ADJUSTABLE COVERAGE: Easily adjust spray coverage from a partial section to full 360° watering
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Use the deflector shield and diffuser screw to alter the stream and change the spray distance radius.
- STABLE TRIPOD BASE: Metal, weighted tripod resists tipping and extends up to 48 inches to allow for adjustments as plants grow
- Impact Lawn Sprinkler: Package Include 2 pieces brass impact sprinkler, 2 pieces tripod base. Achieve free rotation spray water 0-360 degree. You can adjust the spray distance and spray angle through the 4 different adjustments on the rainbird sprinkler heads according to your needs.
- Premium Quality: The impact sprinkler head is made of heavy duty brass and high quality solid alloy material. The tripod stand is made of solid alloy metal and part plastic material. is waterproof, corrosion resistant, sturdy and made to last, can be used for a longer time.
- Large Area Coverage: The lawn sprinkler can cover about 20-35 FT in radius. Maximum water pressure is 80 PSI. The coverage of the irrigation is related to the water pressure.
- Easy to Use: The adjustable tripod sprinkler base can be extended from 16 to 27 inch, can be locked through the swivel bolt on the goose neck hose. Equipped with a rubber filter O-ring which can filter the sand and gravel, prevent the nozzle from clogging. The goose hose is easy to connect with 3/4 inch US standard garden hose.
- Widely Applications: Hourleey water sprinkler is suitable for all US standard 3/4 inch garden sprinkler hose with internal thread fittings. Perfect for lawn, garnden, patio, greenhouse, flower bed, swimming pool, misting, cooling irrigation etc.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Our tripod garden sprinkler is made of high quality material. Heavy duty brass sprinkler head and solid alloy metal tripod look polished and robust very sturdy and durable, rust-proof for a long term use.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: With the quick release leg clips, the tripod can be extended 16 - 37 inch high and locked securely into place. Goose neck hose connector for easy to connect hose. On the connector you will find a rubber filter O-ring that can filter sand and gravel to reduce the possibility of clogging.
- IMPACT SPRINKLER HEAD: Durable lawn impact sprinkler with tripod base for yard, lawn and grass Irrigation. The sprinkler head can rotate freely for nearly 360 degrees. Adjust the spray range and radian of water to make the irrigation in the garden fun.
- COVERAGE AREA: Sprinkler for garden hose, the coverage area is about to 20-35ft in radius. It can be work on low pressure, but the distance of water jet is related to the water pressure. Recommended water pressure is 20-60psi.
- WIDELY USE: Suitable for most commonly US standard 3/4 inch internal thread fittings, fit for a variety of garden hoses. Perfect for agriculture, lawn, garden, patio, greenhouse, flower bed, swimming pool misting fog cooling irrigation and so on.
- Study metal tripod extends to 48” high to water from above
- Coverage up to 85' diameter to water a large sized area
- Durable all metal pulsating head adjusts to water where you need it
- Quickly connect and disconnect the sprinkler with an included quick Connect Product Adapter (Requires Quick connect Product End Connector sold separately)
Tripod Sprinkler Buyer’s Guide
An opulent landscape, complete with lush, green grass and healthy plants is the desire of every homeowner, and of course, in order to achieve that goal, proper irrigation is essential. However, in some cases, irrigating a lawn and plantings can be more difficult than just hooking up a sprinkler and turning on the faucet.
If you have a large yard, your property is irregularly shaped or has a large slope, or there are structures (a fence, trees, shrubs, etc.) in the way, for example, the water from a standard sprinkler may be obstructed, making it difficult to water your entire property. If any of these situations apply to you, you don’t have to sacrifice the health of your landscape. There’s a way that you can effectively water your entire property and maintain the beauty of your lawn and garden. How? – With a tripod sprinkler!
A tripod sprinkler, as the name describes, is a sprinkler that’s attached to a tall, three-legged stand; similar to a tripod stand for a camera. The sprinkler head is fully adjustable, too. To use a tripod sprinkler, all you need to do is set it up in the desired location, attach a hose to the sprinkler head, and turn it on.
Because it stands high off the ground, the water from the sprinkler has a much larger reach, which means that those parts of your landscape that are difficult to reach with a standard sprinkler can be properly watered. With most tripod sprinklers, the area of coverage can be adjusted, too, so you can water one area of your property while avoiding another.
As you can see from the list of reviews above, there’s no shortage of tripod sprinklers to choose from. So, how do you decide which one will best suit your specific needs? By taking some key factors into consideration. Here, we discuss the most important factors to consider when you’re shopping for a tripod sprinkler so that you can choose the model that will fit the irrigation needs of your landscape.
First and foremost, you’re going to want to take the size of the space that you plan on watering into consideration. Consider how far and high you need the water to reach. For instance, if you have vines or hanging plants that need to be watered, you’re probably going to want to choose a tripod sprinkler that has a taller reach.
If you want to ensure that you can customize your irrigation needs, your best bet is to opt for a tripod sprinkler that can be adjusted; both the height, as well as the spray. By doing so, you’ll be able to maximize irrigation for the specific needs of your lawn and gardens.
In addition to the height of the sprinkler, you’re also going to want to consider the construction. Since it’s going to have a constantly flow of pressurized water going through it, you want to ensure that it’s durable enough to withstand the force.
Furthermore, you want to be certain that it can stand up to the wear and tear of environmental conditions, including harsh UV rays and wind. The best tripod sprinklers are constructed of heavy-duty, yet lightweight metal and features fittings that are anti-corrosive. The more durable the materials, the longer your sprinkler will last and the more reliable the irrigation it delivers will be.
It’s also very important to consider the stability of the tripod sprinkler. The flow of water that comes out of a hose can be quite powerful; add to that the fact that if high winds blow, there’s a chance that the sprinkler could fall over in the middle of operation, which would seriously disrupt the irrigation of your yard and could potentially damage your landscape;
For example, if the sprinkler falls over while it’s on, part of your lawn and garden may not receive the water it needs, while another part could over-watered. To avoid issues, make sure that you opt for a tripod sprinkler that is highly stable. It should be made of sturdy, yet lightweight metal. Weighted legs or spikes on the bottom of the base that can be pushed down into the soil will further ensure that the sprinkler stands securely in place.
You’ll also want to consider the features that the tripod sprinkler offers. Some sprinklers are pretty basic, but others offer several features, such as different types of spray settings, connection to a smart sprinkler system and even advanced motion censored technologies that can automatically turn off the flow of water is something is detected in its path.
Consider your specific needs to determine if advanced features are actually worth your while so that you can choose the right option for your needs.
Last, but certainly not least, you should consider the cost of the tripod sprinkler. These sprinklers vary widely in price. Generally speaking, the more features the sprinkler offers, the more expensive it will be. Decide how much you want to spend before you start shopping so that you can avoid choosing a sprinkler that exceeds your budget.
Tripod Sprinkler FAQs
In this part of our guide, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions that shoppers have about tripod sprinklers.
Do I really need a tripod sprinkler?
It depends on your specific needs. Consider your property; for example, if there are any structures or plantings that obstruct the flow of a traditional sprinkler or if you have an large yard and a large sprinkler can’t reach all areas, a tripod sprinkler might be a good investment for you. To determine if you need a tripod sprinkler, set up a standard model and check to see if it can reach all of the areas that need to be watered.
What are the benefits of a tripod sprinkler?
Tripod sprinklers offer many benefits. Because they stand taller, they can deliver water to locations that would be difficult for a standard sprinkler to reach. Additionally, they can help to reduce water consumption, as they can cut down on the amount of time you need to irrigate your landscape in order to ensure that your lawn and gardens are properly watered.
Do I need a special hose for a tripod sprinkler?
Usually, no, a special hose isn’t needed for a tripod sprinkler. The vast majority of tripod sprinklers – including all of the models on our list – can be used with a standard garden hose.
A tripod sprinkler can certainly help to make irrigating your lawn and garden a much easier process, thus ensuring that your landscape receives adequate hydration and remains healthy and lush.
These sprinklers are particularly ideal for those who have a large yard, an irregularly shaped property, or who have obstructions on their property that make it difficult for a standard sprinkler to reach, as they can reach larger distances and wider circumferences.
With the information presented in this guide, you should have no trouble choosing the best tripod sprinkler to meet the unique needs of your landscape.