Any property owner knows that the process of cutting the lawn can take an hour or two. They also know that keeping the lawn trimmed is the best way to add to the curb appeal of your home. Self-propelled lawn mowers are the perfect tool for saving yourself time and energy!
Self-propelled lawn mowers are designed to move on their own. Well, as long as you’re walking behind them and guiding their direction as they mow. You don’t have to push them or tire yourself out and they get your lawn mowing done much faster than normal.
Since you’ll be spending several hundred dollars on a good self-propelled lawn mower, we want to make sure that you’re choosing the right product. So, we’re going to go over the best self-propelled lawn mowers on Amazon, what to look for in a product, and then answer some of the more frequently asked questions.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Top 8 Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
- 2.1 Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
- 2.2 Remington RM410 Pioneer 159cc 21-Inch AWD Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower
- 2.3 Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit
- 2.4 Troy-Bilt TB490 XP 21″ 190cc 2-in-1 4×4 Self-Propelled Mower
- 2.5 Yard Machines 140cc OHV 21-Inch 2-in-1 Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower
- 2.6 Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV, 3-in-1 Discharge Rear Wheel Drive Self Propelled Lawn Mower
- 2.7 EGO 21″ 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Self Propelled Lawn Mower
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Self Propelled Lawn Mowers Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Self Propelled Lawn Mowers FAQ
- 6 Conclusion
In a hurry? Here are our top picks.
Best Pick: Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
This self-propelled mower is probably the most user-friendly out there. It’s powered on with an easy to use push-to-star button and even has Smart Cut Technology to adapt the cutting based on the terrain of your yard. Plus, it’s super quiet.
Premium Pick: Troy-Bilt TB490 XP 21″ 190cc 2-in-1 4×4 Self-Propelled Mower
- Equipped with a powerful 190cc Honda GCV Series Automatic Choke System (ACS) engine with variable self-propelled four wheel drive
- 21" TriAction cutting system with integrated deck wash
- Dual-lever deck height adjustment, and an adjustable three position ergo handle with comfort grip
- 8" front and 11" rear tread wheels built for all terrain types
- Back by a 3-year limited warranty
When you’ve got a higher budget, you might as well make sure you’re getting a lot for your money! This mower has a high-powered four-wheel-drive system that’s capable of nearly any terrain. Better yet, it’s comfortable to use.
Budget Pick: Remington RM410 Pioneer 159cc 21-Inch AWD Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower
- Powerful 159cc OHV engine with auto choke packs enough power to cut through the roughest grass
- Rust-resistant 21-inch Steel deck gets the job done quickly and efficiently
- Variable speed all wheel drive for maximum control
- Surecut blade lifts and circulates as it cuts so you can mulch without clumps
- Dual-lever handle with 6 different Height settings and adjustable grip for grass Height customization and comfort
Why spend more on a self-propelled mower when you can get all you need for less? For the incredible price, you sure are getting a convenient mower that has variable speed settings and prevents the much-dreaded clumps.
Top 8 Self Propelled Lawn Mowers
Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Self-Propelled Cordless Lawn Mower
For the best all-around self-propelled lawn mower, you have to go with this model from Greenworks. Since it comes with a push button start system, long gone are the days where you’d have to crank the engine to get the mower started.
So, what makes this mower everything you need (and more)? We first want to point out the Smart Cut Technology feature. The mower will automatically adjust the speeds of the blade depending on the terrain in order to give you the most even cut.
This mower runs on a rear-wheel-drive system, meaning it does fairly well on lawns that aren’t exactly flat or lawns with hills. Even better is the fact that it comes with variable speed settings so you can adjust the speed based on certain areas of your yard.
Since this mower is battery-powered, you are somewhat limited in how long you can use the mower in a single go. For the most part, the battery should last for 45 minutes of run-time, assuming you buy the version with the included battery and charger!
You might also appreciate the brushless motor, which makes this self-propelled mower extremely quiet. So, no more complaints from neighbors when you decide to get your mowing done early in the day.
When it’s time to adjust your cut, you can find the perfect height for your lawn. That’s because this mower comes with seven different height positions to allow you to get the perfect cut that meets your home’s style.
The greatest downside is that this mower doesn’t come with the battery or the charger, meaning you’ll have to buy each separately. That’ll cost you a little extra money, so you might want to lean more toward a product that comes with all supplies in one package.
- Battery-powered (80V)
- Tool only and 4Ah battery packages
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 inches
- Rear-wheel-drive (RWD)
- 74 pounds
- Comes with a 4 year warranty for the tool and 2 year warranty for the battery
- 7 height positions for a more ideal cut
- The rare quiet brushless motor
- Battery needs to be consistently recharged
Remington RM410 Pioneer 159cc 21-Inch AWD Self-Propelled 3-in-1 Gas Lawn Mower
Why would you spend your entire paycheck on a mower when you can get a high-quality self-propelled mower for about half the price of some of the more expensive models? That’s exactly why we chose this Remington model as #2 on our list.
The key feature of this mower is the fact that it has Surecut Blades, which were installed to prevent clumping, especially when you’re mulching. That means you don’t have to take breaks mid-cut to remove the clumps that seem to build-up with other mowers.
But, what’s really cool about this mower is that you can personalize it however you want. For one, it comes with six different height adjustments, which is perfect for switching up your grass height depending on the weather or sun intensity.
We also want to point out the drive selection. You have full control over whether you’re using this mower as a rear-wheel-drive, front-wheel-drive, or all-wheel-drive mower. It’s incredibly easy to switch between the different drive systems and allows you to take better control of your cutting.
Just choose RWD or AWD if you’re in a particularly hilly area of your yard that requires a ton of traction and switch over to FWD when you’re cutting the flatter regions of your yard. You can decide between discharge methods, so bagging, mulching, and side discharge are all options.
When it’s time to speed up the job (or slow it down), it’s super easy to change the speed with the variable speed controls. There’s no shortage of user-friendly features with this mower.
Even though this product is definitely one of the best, there does seem to be an issue with hand fatigue for longer cuts. So, this might not be the best option if you’re looking for an ergonomic design that’s gentle on the body.
- Gas-powered (159cc)
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 Inches
- All-wheel-drive (AWD)
- 82 pounds
- Comes with a 2 year limited warranty
- Choose between FWD, RWD, or AWD with ease
- No more relying on batteries with short runtimes
- Variable speeds and height adjustments for the perfect cut
- Hand fatigue is definitely possible
Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Electric 21-Inch Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Kit
We know what you’re thinking: “Finally, a battery-powered self-propelled mower that has batteries and a charger included!” Those seem to be difficult to come by these days, so that’s one of the major reasons we chose this model from Snapper as one of our top favorites.
So, each package comes with the lawn mower, two 2Ah batteries, and a rapid charger. The battery usually lasts for about a 45 minute cut and the batteries only take between 30 and 60 minutes to charge completely, which is pretty efficient.
If the batteries that come with the mower just don’t seem to be cutting it, you can also invest in your own higher power batteries to boost your performance and cutting speed. Until then, you’re going to have to use the adjustable power setting to choose the ideal cutting style mid-cut.
When it comes to how well it cuts, the fact that you have seven different cutting heights is more than enough for most people. You’ll also be able to store up to 2 cubic feet of clippings in the included bag, meaning you have to take fewer breaks to empty the bag mid-cut.
The large 10-inch wheels will allow your self-propelled mower to travel more efficiently and the brushless motor will keep your mower as quiet as possible. So, you can get your mowing down quicker and without disturbing the neighbors.
Even though the push-button start makes this mower extremely easy to use, a lot of users have noted that they’ve received mowers with batteries that were already dead. That means you might have to invest in your own brand new battery anyway.
- Battery-powered (82V)
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 inches
- 81 pounds
- Large 10-inch wheels are more efficient
- Actually comes with the battery and charger
- Extremely quiet motor for less noise production
- Can use your own battery if the included just isn’t enough
- Some people have received batteries that were already dead
Troy-Bilt TB490 XP 21″ 190cc 2-in-1 4×4 Self-Propelled Mower
Even though you’ll be spending a lot more money on this mower (as compared to some others on our list), you’re getting a pretty decent product for your cash. In all honesty, this Troy-Bilt mower has practically every feature you could possibly want.
The first thing we want to point out is how ergonomically sound it is. The handle is extremely comfortable to grip and you can even choose between three different handle heights, meaning you can choose one that’s easier on your upper body during long cuts.
When it comes to functionality, the four-wheel-drive feature makes this mower more than ideal. With such impressive traction and control, you can easily maneuver your mower over hills and uneven terrain without much effort from you.
To make the job even easier and travel more distance in a quicker period of time, the 11-inch wheels will be exactly what you didn’t know you needed. Add on the high-powered 90cc Honda engine and you’ve got yourself a little beast.
Since you’re spending a boatload on this mower, you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief when you find out that this mower comes with a 3 year limited warranty. So, you don’t have to worry about shelling out any extra money to get your mower fixed.
What you might find a little inconvenient about this mower is the sheer weight of it. Even though it is self-propelled and should move on its own, tipping and turning the mower will require a little bit of extra work on your part.
Also, grass tends to accumulate inside the mower. It might require a lot of time to take the mower apart, remove any grass particles, and then put it back together after cleaning, so make sure you’re good with your hands.
- Gas-powered (90cc)
- 2017 or 2018 edition
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 inches
- 95 pounds
- Three adjustable handle heights
- Comes with a heavy-duty Honda engine
- Four-wheel-drive makes it perfect for just about any terrain
- Offers a 3 year warranty with purchase
- Cleaning and disassembling this mower seems to be tricky
- The mower is rather heavy at 95 pounds
Yard Machines 140cc OHV 21-Inch 2-in-1 Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower
When you’re on a budget, but still want a decent self-propelled mower, you can’t go wrong with this model from Yard Machines. It comes absolutely ready-to-use, meaning all you have to do is take it out of the box and fuel it up.
Keep in mind that, because of the lower price of this mower, you’re also going to be missing out on quite a few convenience features.
This model comes with six adjustable height settings for your ideal cut, but you’ll also appreciate the fact that you can choose between side discharge and mulching. This model doesn’t come with a bag, so be wary of purchasing if you’re only used to bagged mowers.
The manufacturer claims that this product can handle all types of terrain with ease, but we want to point out that it is front-wheel-drive. So, it might be an efficient mower, but it’ll definitely do better with flatter lawns.
This mower is also single-speed. Combine that with the front-wheel-drive feature and you’ve got the perfect mower for small and flat yards. However, this mower won’t fare too well with large or hilly yards, so don’t just buy this product because of the price.
The good news is that you’ll be getting a 2 year warranty when you purchase this mower. The bad news is that the mower seems to break down quite easily and doesn’t appear fixable once this happens, so you might want to lean toward a more durable mower to save cash.
- Gas-powered (140cc)
- 2-in-1 (side and mulch)
- 21 inches
- Front-wheel-drive (FWD)
- 81 pounds
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
- Ready-to-use upon delivery
- Very affordable compared to other products
- Perfect for flat and small lawns (one speed, FWD, etc.)
- The engine doesn’t seem as powerful as described
- Doesn’t come with bagging feature
Lawn-Boy 17732 21-Inch 6.5 Gross Torque Kohler XTX OHV, 3-in-1 Discharge Rear Wheel Drive Self Propelled Lawn Mower
For larger yards that have more hills, you want a mower that’s capable of doing it all. That’s why we made it a point to include this Lawn-Boy model, which is backed by Lawn-Boy’s own unique warranty.
This model comes with a 3 year Tru-Start Commitment, meaning that the manufacturer will fix your mower for free if your mower doesn’t start in one or two pulls. So, you can breathe a sigh of relief that you won’t have to pay any extra fees if your new mower decides to bail on you.
What’s really neat is that you can easily adjust the height of the mower from one side rather than having to adjust on both sides. This can save you a little time and can guarantee an even cut no matter which specific height you desire.
In terms of usability, the fact that this mower runs on a rear-wheel-drive system makes it the perfect high-powered mower for hilly yards and uneven terrain. You can be sure that this mower will do everything on its own with just a tiny bit of guidance from you.
What you’ll definitely appreciate is the fact that this mower is lightweight and much easier to maneuver. Add that to the fact that this mower comes with a significantly larger bag and you’ve got an efficient mower perfect for quick cuts.
What you do want to be wary about is using this mower to cut high grass. The mower seems to struggle with tall grass and the entire product seems to break pretty easily with consistent use, so that warranty is definitely going to come in handy!
- Gas-powered (149cc)
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 inches
- Rear-wheel-drive (RWD)
- 66 pounds
- 2 year warranty plus 3 year Tru-Start Commitment
- Perfect for hills and uneven terrain
- Easily adjust the height on just one side
- Extremely lightweight compared to other models
- Doesn’t fare too well when cutting higher grass
EGO 21″ 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Last but certainly not least, we have a battery-powered mower from EGO. As with most battery-powered mowers, this one doesn’t come with the EGO power+ arc lithium battery or the charger, so you’ll have to shell out even more money for separate purchases of each.
This is a great mower for nearly any purpose. First off, it’s considered weather-resistant, meaning it’ll be able to hold up if you find yourself caught up in a sunshower during your weekend mowing session.
There are also LED headlights attached to the front of the mower, which only adds to your visibility if you find yourself mowing around dusk or in heavy fog.
When it comes to battery-powered self-propelled mowers, you want a product that’s easy to charge and lasts a long time. The manufacturer states that this mower can run for 60 minutes straight, but you might find that the battery doesn’t last quite as long as they suggest.
What you definitely will appreciate, however, is that this high-powered mower has a similar torque to comparable gas-powered mowers. It also has a brushless motor, meaning your mowing sessions will be quiet and won’t wake up the whole neighborhood.
You can easily adjust the deck height with a single lever into any of the six positions that suits your cutting needs. When your mowing is done for the day, you can fold the mower up to reduce how much space it takes up in the garage.
We do want to point out that you’re getting a 5 year limited warranty with your purchase, which just might come in handy. However, the issues you’ll experience with the mower have nothing to do with the actual tool, usually only involving the battery (that you purchased separately) and the ability of the mower to perform well in high grass.
- Battery-powered (56V)
- 3-in-1 discharge
- 21 inches
- Rear-wheel-drive (RWD)
- 68 pounds
- 5 year limited warranty included
- Comes with LED headlights and weather-resistant design for optimal use in all conditions
- Quiet brushless motor
- 60 minutes of runtime is a lot better than most models
- You have to buy the battery and the charger separately
Other Best Selling Options
- POWERFUL 159CC OHV GAS ENGINE: Powerful gas engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke - just pull to start!
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities.
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Tip-up, turn, and maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- SELF PROPELLED AND VARIABLE SPEED: Move around your yard with less effort and the propulsion speed of your choice.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 170CC OHV GAS ENGINE & 21-INCH STEEL MOWING DECK: PowerSmart gas lawn mower contains with powerful 4-stroke, single cylinder gas engine which provides you powerful back up for clearing the tallest and toughest grass. Forced air-cooling system is equipped and ensures the continuous power of the engine to get your job finished. 21-inch steel mowing deck creates the large cutting area with high durability, which can help you cut bigger jobs easily.
- ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH: The self-propelled mower has 5-position height adjustment which allows you to change the cutting height to cut grass and overgrowth easily, cutting height in this self-propelled lawn mower can be adjusted between the range of 1.18 to 3.0 inch, cutting width is 21 inch, and grass catcher capacity is 1.4 Bushels.
- FLEXIBLE AND AGILE: 3-in-1 side discharge and mulching capability allows you to spread grass clippings to the side, returning key nutrients to your lawn so your grass can grow healthy and thick. The 8-inch rear wheels in this gas self-propelled mower make it easy to move. The large capacity 18 Gallon bag and labour-saving design can enhance your work efficiency.
- QUICK FOLDING & TIDILY STORAGE: The gas power lawn mower can be quickly folded without tools due to the foldable handle design. It can be stored tidily after folding, save space and keep your work house organized. Fuel tank capacity of this mower is 0.21 Gallon, oil capacity is 16.9 fl.oz, and weight is 70lb.
- CUSTOMER SATISFICATION: PowerSmart is always aiming on providing great consumers value with the absolute best price and quality entire line of products. All of our products qualify for a 3 years warranty, Our service team will provide premium service to help solve any problem.
- Rear Wheel Drive System provides a better traction and control on hilly terrain
- 2-Point Height-of-Cut System allows you to quickly adjust cutting heights from one side of the mower. Height of Cut- 6 Position 1.25 – 3.75 inches. Cutting Width- 21 inch
- 3 year Tru-Start Commitment - starts with 1 or 2 pulls or Lawn-Boy will fix it for free
- Kohler 149cc/ 6.5 ft.-lbs. Gross Torque/ OHV Engine
- CARB Compliant for the state of California
Self Propelled Lawn Mowers Buyer’s Guide
Since you’re going to be spending a decent chunk of change on a self-propelled lawn mower, you don’t want to just buy the first one you see on Amazon. So, we’re going to break down everything you need to know about self-propelled lawn mowers to help you decide on a product.
Cut Capacity (Size)
The cut capacity, also known as the actual size of the mower, is going to determine how long it takes you to actually cut your lawn. This usually describes how wide the lawn mower is. The wider the lawn mower, the more of your lawn you can cut at once (i.e. A 20-inch mower will cut in 20-inch strips, etc.)
Some lawn mowers are as narrow as 19 to 21 inches, which is perfect for a smaller yard, but still a little small. If you live on ¼ acre or more, you definitely want to go a little larger. Some lawn mowers are around 28 inches, which makes mowing your lawn much more efficient.
For the most part, you’ll see that self-propelled mowers usually come in a 21-inch size, which should be good for most lawns. You might have to step up to a push mower or ride-on mower if you have a larger yard.
Battery vs. Gas
A lot of self-propelled lawn mowers run on battery systems, usually lithium-ion. With lithium-ion batteries ranging from 20V to around 80V, you can figure out just how powerful your self-propelled lawn mower really is.
Once you’re done mowing your lawn, you can easily hook your lawn mower’s batter up to the rapid charger, which usually can charge fully in a span of 30 to 60 minutes (depends on the type of battery).
What you do have to look out for when it comes to the batteries of self-propelled lawn mowers is the actual run time. It wouldn’t make that much sense to buy a mower that supports up to 45 minutes of runtime if your lawn normally takes two hours to cut.
NOTE: Not all battery-powered self-propelled lawn mowers actually come with the battery or charger, so consider that before you make your purchase. The lawn mower might be at a decent price right now, but a battery and charger will be additional costs.
There are also old-school gas-powered self-propelled lawn mowers too. This might be a better solution for a larger yard since you can easily just fill the tank with a little more gas and continue cutting like usual. You don’t need to take a break to charge the battery!
The issue is that gas-powered motors tend to be a little louder than battery-powered, so be wary of the noise factor before choosing a mower.
Just like vehicles, self-propelled lawn mowers also run on drive systems, such as front-wheel and rear-wheel drives. Each drive system has its own benefits, so let’s go over how each benefits your mowing experience.
- Front-wheel drive (FWD). These types of mowers are ideal if your lawn is generally flat. That’s because the mower will suddenly stop moving if the front wheels are lifted off the ground, which tends to happen when navigating hills. For the most part, they are much easier to tip and turn when it’s time to turn around and reverse course
- Rear-wheel drive (RWD). These types of mowers are much more powerful and are better if you have a lawn with hills. They have an incredible amount of traction and require much less intervention
So, which is best for you? Front-wheel-drive is perfect for the flat lawn while the rear-wheel-drive is better if you have a lawn with hills. It’s that simple! For even more control, all-wheel-drive systems are also available.
What’s really cool is that some mowers come with adjustable drive systems, meaning you can switch between AWD, FWD, or RWD as it suits your cutting needs.
The height adjustment of a lawn mower describes how high above the ground your lawn mower will cut. The higher the height is set, the longer your grass will be after you’ve cut it. All you need to do to adjust the height is to pull the height adjustment lever and set it to your ideal height.
Not all self-propelled lawn mowers have the same height adjustment options. Some have only two options, some have seven, and some range from 1.25 to 4 inches.
You know how long you like your lawn, right? So, figure out how long you’d like your grass to be after being cut and make sure your self-propelled lawn mower is within that range.
A lot of self-propelled lawn mowers run at a consistent speed, allowing for a more even cut. Yet, if your lawn is a bit thicker than usual, a fast speed lawn mower might not cut the lawn the way you were hoping.
Variable speed lawn mowers allow you to have full control of the speed, allowing you to shift the speed up or down depending on how even the terrain is or the thickness of the grass.
It all comes down to personal preference, but variable speed might be a better choice if you have a lawn with uneven terrain or thicker grass. You can adjust the speed at certain areas of your cut and achieve a more even cut overall.
When you’re spending hundreds (sometimes over $600) on a self-propelled lawn mower, you want to make sure that you’re getting a product that works, and for a long period of time. It’s always a good idea to check that your lawn mower has some type of warranty.
So, what’s in a good warranty? Well, given the money you’re spending, a good warranty will last several years. It’ll cover parts and repairs and make the amount of money you’re shelling out even more worth it.
Even though you don’t need a warranty, it’s always good to have in case the product suddenly breaks or stops working. So, lean toward self-propelled lawn mowers with a warranty, if at all possible.
Remember: Since a lot of battery-powered mowers don’t come with a battery or charger, those additional pieces won’t come with the mower’s warranty. If those break or become damage, it’s on you to fix or repair.
The discharge of a lawn mower describes how the grass leaves the mower once it’s been cut. For the most part, you have a side, rear bag, or mulch discharge. If you’re not sure which is best for you or if your preferences vary, there are 3-in-1 self-propelled lawn mowers that give you the option for all three.
Both bagless discharge systems will allow you to power through an entire lawn cutting without having to stop to empty the bag. The issue is that they cause a build-up of cut grass on your lawn, which can eventually begin to decay or negatively impact your lawn’s health.
Bagged discharge works to collect the grass you’ve cut into the rear bag, meaning you don’t have to worry about raking up the clippings later on. The downside is that you have to occasionally stop to empty the bag when it becomes full.
Even though you won’t have to manually be pushing your self-propelled lawn mower to get your lawn trimmed, you still need to maneuver it here and there. That’s especially the case when you need to tip it up and turn around.
Since self-propelled lawn mowers are a little heftier due to their motors, they’re most likely going to be a lot heavier than your usual push mower. You’re looking at anywhere between 60 and 90 pounds for most self-propelled mowers.
The heavier it is, the more difficult it’ll be to maneuver it up a hill or turn it around. So, consider your physical strength and how much effort you’re willing to put into your lawn mowing.
Self Propelled Lawn Mowers FAQ
You’ve got questions….we’ve got answers! Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions about self-propelled lawn mowers and what we have to say about them!
Is a self-propelled lawn mower worth it?
That really depends on how your property is structured. If you have a large property or a property full of hills and divets, getting a self-propelled lawn mower can greatly reduce the time and effort it takes to cut your lawn. For small and flat yards, the price might be a bit much.
What are the benefits of a self-propelled lawn mower?
The greatest benefit of the self-propelled lawn mower is how little effort you have to put into using it. Since all you have to do is squeeze the bar near the handle, you no longer have to strain yourself to push your lawn mower across the yard and/or up hills for several hours.
What makes a self-propelled lawn mower better than a push mower?
Though push powers are seen as the norm and are much cheaper, they take a lot out of you. Pushing a push power can be extremely tiring, especially when it comes to thick grass and hills. The more tired you get, the slower you go and the longer your lawn mowing takes.
Will pushing a self-propelled mower damage it?
You can, but it won’t really do you any good. Since it weighs a bit more than a regular push mower (due to the battery and other added electrical features), it’ll probably take a ton more effort. There’s no real risk of damage, but it’s just not easy!
How do you mow with a self-propelled lawn mower?
Squeeze the bar that’s near the handle of the lawn mower and hold on as the lawn mower begins driving itself. Make sure you’re helping to guide the lawn mower to keep it in a straight line and cutting evenly.
Not every property needs a self-propelled lawn mower, but it’s a really good idea if you have a huge or hilly yard. You can greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to cut your lawn and save yourself some physical energy along the way
At the end of the day, you know what you’re looking for in a lawn mower. You generally know how long it takes to cut your lawn, how high you want your grass to be, and how you like the cut grass to be discharged.
Take all of these things into account when choosing a self-propelled lawn mower, but be extra careful about the product you choose. Since you’re spending a lot of money, you want to choose a lawn mower that’ll last you for years, not months.