The zero-gravity chair offers you a solution to improve your seating options at home or outdoors. When it’s time to relax, a zero gravity chair plays the same role as the ergonomic office chair. The purpose of the zero-gravity chair is to reduce pressure points in your hips and back.
There are several styles of zero-gravity chair, for use inside or outside the home. In this review, we’ll look at the best zero gravity chair to meet your needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Top 7 Zero Gravity Chairs
- 2.1 FDW Zero Gravity Patio Lounge Chairs – The Best Overall Zero Gravity Chair
- 2.2 Perfect Chair “PC-420” – The Best Premium Model
- 2.3 Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair – The Best Budget Model
- 2.4 Bliss Hammocks Gravity Free Lounger with Canopy
- 2.5 PayLessHere Zero Gravity Chairs
- 2.6 Faulkner Laguna Style Dual Blue Padded Recliner
- 2.7 AmazonBasics Padded Zero Gravity Patio Chair
- 3 PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Recliner
- 4 Other Best Selling Options
- 5 Zero Gravity Chair Buyer’s Guide
- 5.1 Why Do They Call it a Zero Gravity Chair?
- 5.2 How Do Zero-Gravity Chairs Work?
- 5.3 What to Look for In a Zero Gravity Chair?
- 5.4 Service Life and Durability
- 5.5 Powder-Coated Frames
- 5.6 Frame-Lock Mechanisms
- 5.7 Side Tray and Cup Holders
- 5.8 Sunshades
- 5.9 Fabric Quality
- 5.10 Built-In Pillows
- 5.11 Ergonomic Armrests
- 5.12 Size and Capacity
- 5.13 Stability
- 5.14 How Do I Set Up My Zero Gravity Chair?
- 5.15 What are the Health Benefits of Using Zero-Gravity Chairs?
- 6 Zero Gravity Chair FAQs
- 7 The Verdict for the Best Zero Gravity Chair
If you don’t have the time to wade your way through this entire review, you can rely on our top picks. We took the three best zero-gravity chairs in three different classes. Read through these models and choose the zero gravity chair that meets your needs.
Best Pick: FDW Zero Gravity Patio Lounge Chairs
- 【Comfortable and Adjustable】Very comfortable reclined position of the Zero Gravity Chairs and the headrest of the zero gravity recliner is easy to adjust.Also, the locking mechanism of the Patio Chair is very easy to use.Lounge Patio Chairs Patio Lounge Chair zero gravity chair 2 pack zero gravity recliner Zero Gravity Chairs
- 【Resistance level of the Zero Gravity Chairs】 You are not thrown backward as soon as you sit on the Patio Chair. Thiszero gravity recliner gives just enough pressure to keep you exactly where you want it to be.Patio Lounge Chair zero gravity chair 2 pack zero gravity recliner Zero Gravity Chairs Lounge Patio Chairs
- 【No assemble needed】The Zero Gravity Chairs come fully assembled and folded of the zero gravity recliner.You only need open the box,take out of the Patio Chair.Then you can use it.zero gravity chair 2 pack zero gravity recliner Zero Gravity Chairs Lounge Patio Chairs Patio Lounge Chair
- 【Strong frame】This zero gravity recliner is sturdy enough to hold people up to250Lbs. And the material textilene of the Zero Gravity Chairs is also durable, it is ventilated in summer and you can place cushions on it for winter using the patio chair.zero gravity recliner Zero Gravity Chairs Lounge Patio Chairs Patio Lounge Chair zero gravity chair 2 pack
- 【Easy to fold up and be stored away】You can fold the Patio Chair up and easily store behind your dresser, Then the zero gravity recliner are outta sight, and easy to grab the Zero Gravity Chairs when needed.Zero Gravity Chairs Lounge Patio Chairs Patio Lounge Chair zero gravity chair 2 pack zero gravity recliner
This model wins our award for the best overall zero-gravity chair. It’s lightweight and portable, making it a good choice for inside or outside the home. The comfortable S-curve design and locking pin make it easy to adjust this chair to your favorite position. This set comes with two chairs in the kit, making it excellent value for money.
Premium Pick: Perfect Chair “PC-420”
- Neutral posture positioning evenly distributes body weight to eliminate painful pressure points. Zero-gravity seating expands lung capacity, allowing for deeper and more relaxed breathing
- The Recline Lever. The smooth recline motion eases the Perfect Chair to position your body in a state of virtual weightlessness
- Choose the comfort and style of SofHyde. The captivating SofHyde upholstery is a leather-like polyurethane material that does not include any animal hide or leather. This eco-friendly upholstery is complemented by beautiful French, triple-stitch patterns that reflect the quality and dedication invested in each and every Perfect Chair recliner.
- The Warmth of Wood. Our hand-carved and hand-sanded solid wood base is made from the Hevea Brasiliensis (the rubber tree), which yields one of the strongest woods on earth. The result-rich, lustrous beauty that lasts for years and years.
This model is the ideal lounger for your home. With “SoftHyde” covering with impressive stitching, the chair sits on a solid wooden base and folds out to the zero-gravity position. This chair is heavy, and you can’t move it around. This chair has an attractive design with comfortable seating and a built-in pillow. The faux-leather look comes in a variety of colors to suit the décor in your home. However, it’s the ultimate luxury lounger for relaxing at home in front of the TV.
Budget Pick: Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair
- Durable textaline fabric suspended by double bungee system
- Relax with the smooth recline function that locks in any position, adjustable headrest/lumbar support
- Dual finger tip locking system
- Folds down to only 6.3 inches wide; Seat Tube Diameter:0.86" x 0.03:; Leg Tube Diameter:0.86" x 0.04"
- Supports up to 300 lbs; Size:25.5″ x 45″ x 64.5″Regular
The Caravan Sports zero-gravity chair wins our top spot for the best value zero-gravity model in this review. You get a chair with all the functionality you need, at an affordable price point. This chair features a powder-coated steel frame for durability and a finger-locking system for the recliner. The Caravan Sports model is the best value for money in this review.
Top 7 Zero Gravity Chairs
Now that you know our top choices for the best zero gravity chair let’s unpack our offerings in further detail. We’ll revisit our top models and look at other decisions we think are worth your consideration.
Read through our buyer’s guide section to understand what you should expect from your zero-gravity chair. Our FAQs will give you more clarity on selecting the right zero-gravity chair for you.
FDW Zero Gravity Patio Lounge Chairs – The Best Overall Zero Gravity ChairThe FDW zero-gravity chair wins our award for the best overall outdoor model. This chair features all the features of more expensive models and true zero-gravity functionality.
The price point is great for these zero-gravity chairs, and they come available in a twin-pack, so you and your partner don’t need to haggle with each other about who’s turn it is to use the chair today.
The chairs feature design and construction with a mold and mildew resistant mesh, making them the ideal choice for use at the coastline or in humid conditions.
The sturdy frame can support people up to 250-lbs, and the corded elastic in the seat helps the material deck absorb movement while remaining comfortable.
You get a built-in adjustable pillow with this model, as well as ergonomic armrests.
Overall, the performance of this model is fantastic. The chair glides through one position to the next with next to no effort needed. It’s a great zero-gravity chair at a great price.
- Comes in a twin pack
- Good value
- Different colors available
- Great for around the pool or patio
- Built-in pillow
- Outdoor Use
Perfect Chair “PC-420” – The Best Premium Model
The title of this chair says it all. This zero-gravity model could be “The Perfect Chair.” If you’re looking for a new chair for your den or lounge, then the Perfect Chair is your best option. This zero-gravity model will put any lazy-boy you ever owned to shame.
This chair comes with an attractive solid wood base. It’s heavy, weighing 400-lbs, and designed as a fixed position chair for inside the home. The attractive “SofHyde” leather on the chair features premium stitching, giving the chair an upscale look and feel.
When sitting on the chair, the plush padding is comfortable and supportive, while still staying breathable. We like the sizeable built-in headrest pillow, providing you with plenty of comforts when extending the chair into the lying position.
The imitation leather finish in this chair is available in nine different colors to suit the interior décor of any home. You get access to the reclining lever on the underneath of the plush, ergonomic armrests, with adjustable lumbar support available.
Customize the setup on your chair to meet your needs, and then relax in zero-gravity comfort. This chair has a premium feel to it, and it will be the last chair you ever need in your lounge. Enjoy watching a movie or take a nap – the Perfect Chair has always got your back.
- Plush, elegant design with quality materials
- Extended armrests and solid wood base
- High-quality stitching
- Lumbar support
- Built-in pillow
- Not very portable
Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair – The Best Budget Model
If you’re looking for the best value in your zero-gravity chair, you can’t beat the Caravan Sports Infinity model’s design and pricing. This zero-gravity chair features a padded, adjustable headrest for additional comfort when lying down.
You also get lumbar support, giving your lower back the support it needs to avoid flare-ups from conditions like sciatica or spondylosis. The mesh backing on this model breathes well, keeping your skin dry and comfortable always, even in the hottest weather.
The dense mesh backing also provides plenty of additional support to your seating position. The seat fixes to the chair using thick bungee-style cordage that flexes to your bodyweight and the contour of your hips and lower back.
You get a snug fit to the chair, and reliable zero-gravity rotation. Keep your chair in the position you want, snap the finger lock into place, and relax.
This chair is great to take with you on vacation or to the beach for the day. The chair folds away conveniently, allowing you to pack it into the back of your RV. This model comes with an affordable price tag, and it’s a great choice for anyone on a budget.
- Textraline fabric for additional strength
- Full zero-gravity functionality
- Locking pin
- Not suitable for indoor use
- Low airflow in material for warmer days
Bliss Hammocks Gravity Free Lounger with CanopyThis model lets you relax in shady comfort in the hot summer sun. Featuring a sunshade that you can adjust to any angle, the Bliss Hammocks model is an excellent choice for the beach or poolside.
The ergonomic built-in pillow and armrests reduce tension on your neck, shoulders, and arms, letting you sink into the relaxing and pressure-relieving effects of this chair.
With this model, you get an adjustable drink tray that you can swap out to either side to suit your preference. The woven vinyl-coated polyester material is durable and can hold loads of up to 300-lbs. The fabric won’t fade in the sun, making it a great choice for the beach.
This weatherproof model features a powder-coated frame that stands up to all weather conditions. If you get your chair dirty, spray it clean with a hose. Let the chair air dry without worrying about corrosion occurring on the frame.
This zero-gravity model features locking pins to secure your zero-gravity position, and it’s the ideal model to take with you on camping trips. The chair packs flat, allowing you to stow it in your RV for easy access at your rest stops along the way.
- Includes sunshade
- Impressive design
- Top-quality materials
- Cool on hot days
- Side table and cup holder
- Not suitable for indoor use
PayLessHere Zero Gravity Chairs
If you’re looking for a pair of premium zero-gravity chairs for you and your partner, check out the PayLessHere model. These chairs have everything a premium model offers at an affordable price point. For this price, we were surprised to see the manufacturer include a sunshade as well.
Whether you want to go camping deep into the American wilderness or travel the country in your RV, these chairs make a great addition to your camping gear. However, if you just want a set of zero-gravity chairs for the yard, then these models have the stylish design you need to accentuate your patio.
The PayLessHere models come in a twin pack, giving you two chairs, so you and your partner don’t have to fight about whose turn is next. The thick textile used in the design and manufacturer of the seat is padded and comfortable.
The thick steel frame ensures that this chair remains stable as you move into the zero-gravity position lying down. This model can support up to 300-lbs, without any wobbling or squeaking in the frame.
We like that the manufacturer included the sunshades in these chairs. The sunshade is a must-have accessory for chilling out poolside. Keep the sun out of your face to reduce the signs of aging while giving your body a luxurious tan.
The extra-large drink tray with a cup holder is a nice touch. Keep your cocktail on hand and sip it as you watch the sun go down. The table and chair all fold up into a compact, convenient size that’s easy to take with you anywhere you go.
The PayLessHere zero-gravity chairs are affordable and functional, offering people looking for two chairs for their patio with a pragmatic solution.
- Comes in a twin pack
- Side table with cup holder
- Easy assembly
- Full zero-gravity functionality
- Not suitable for indoor use
Faulkner Laguna Style Dual Blue Padded Recliner
Check out the Faulkner Laguna-style dual blue padded recliner if you’re looking for a zero-gravity chair with a touch more luxury. This model offers you rugged cordage supported a padded seat that enhances the comfort of your zero-gravity recliner.
This model comes in royal blue or black colors, and it looks stunning poolside. The backing has a thick padded feel, giving you a plush sleeping and sitting surface. The blended poly-fiber and cotton fabrics provide the user with a luxurious experience that dries quickly in the sunlight while providing the user with excellent airflow.
The dual finger-locking system allows you to secure the chair in any position you want. All the components in this chair meet the highest quality standards, and you can expect a long service life from this model.
The chair comes with 300-lbs weight capacity, but it still manages to fold away for compact storage. Take it with you in the back of your car or store it out in the garage without any hassle.
- Padded seat
- Durable stitching
- Ergonomic armrests
- Built-in pillow
- Frame is a little flimsy
AmazonBasics Padded Zero Gravity Patio ChairThis chair could be the most comfortable lounge or camping chair you ever use.
The affordable price tag in this model makes it a top contender for the best zero-gravity chair, and that’s why we included it in this review. This model offers you plenty of features at a great price point.
You get a built-in and adjustable contoured pillow, as well as breathable mesh fabric. The chair is easy to clean. You can spray it down with a hose and leave it to air dry without rotting the frame. The UV-resistant fabric on the seat won’t fade in the sun, and you can leave this model poolside without any hassles.
The thick-spun cordage used in the seat’s binding gives extra resilience and comfort to the user and a true zero-gravity feel. There are no bolts or fitting poking into your back with this chair, and the dual finger-lock adjustment system lets you secure the chair in your preferred setting.
- Additional comfort
- Sturdy, locking frame
- Built-in pillow
- Different colors available
- Might not like the multi-colored design
PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity ReclinerThis model is ideal for camping or using on your patio. The thick, robust aluminum frame looks fantastic on this zero-gravity chair. You get a seat manufactured with breathable, comfortable, and lightweight materials, allowing you to take this model with you wherever you go.
The ergonomic armrests take the strain out of your shoulders, allowing you to relax and enjoy your zero-gravity experience. Lock your chair into position using the dual locking system. The lock sits conveniently under the armrest for easy access without moving from your seating position.
This model also comes with a side table to store your drink on a hot summer’s day.
The comfort and quality of this chair make it a top choice worthy of your consideration.
- Ergonomic armrests
- Sturdy frame
- Easy movement
- Folds away easily
- Side table
- Design might not be to everyone’s taste
Other Best Selling Options
- LOCKABLE RECLINING SYSTEM: Smoothly glides into an ergonomic zero-gravity position, with removable elastic cords that immediately adjust to your body's weight
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Lightweight, foldable design makes these an easy addition to your next trip to the park, beach, or your child's next sporting event
- CONVENIENT & DETACHABLE TRAY: Removable tray is built with two cup holders, a phone holder, and a tablet holder so you never have to be far from your favorite drinks or media devices!
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Features a high, 250-pound weight capacity with flexible, low-wear textilene fabric for lasting quality!
- REMOVABLE, ADJUSTABLE HEADRESTS: Includes a removable, padded headrest for an extra element of adjustable comfort; OPEN DIMENSIONS: 32.5"-61"(L) x 25"(W) x 33.5"-44"(H); FOLDED DIMENSIONS: 38"(L) x 25"(W) x 6"(H)
- PVC-coated polyester features UV resistance with over 80% sun protection for a long-lasting and durable chair that will last many seasons. Rust resisted Frame Durable & Quick-drying Mesh Lock in any Position Space Saving place.
- DETACHABLE TRAY: Removable tray is built with two cup holders, a phone holder, and a tablet holder so you never have to be far from your favorite drinks or media devices!
- Adjust the reclining angle of the backrest through the lock at the armrest, whether it is a recliner or a seat, there is always an angle for you. And it comes with a removable headrest for extra neck support.
- Foldable design: This design let you can fold it into one-third, much easier for carrying and storage. Only 16 pounds lightweight which is easy for you to carry and move during the trip. No need to install, expand to use. It is conveniently used in the beach, pool, courtyard, balcony, lawn, or another scene.
- Classical structural mechanics design, triangular force, stable to prevent rollover. Curve design gives a comfortable and cushy feeling on your back.
- Zero-gravity chair (2-pack) with side table for ultimate comfort and convenience when relaxing outdoors
- 2 removable headrest pillows and 2 cup holders (1 for each chair) and 2 cup holders (integrated into the table); chairs and table fold flat for compact storage and easy transport
- Lockable recline function; safe, sturdy construction; made of durable steel and Textilene fabric; Tan color
- Spot clean with a damp cloth; do not iron; do not use strong chemicals for cleaning
- Each chair measures 26 by 31.5-60.2 by 33.9-43.3 inches (LxWxH); table measures 18.5 by 18.5 by 21.5 inches (LxWxH); weighs 43.4pounds; backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
- 【No Assemble needed】: The zero gravity chairs come fully assembled and folded of the zero gravity recliner. The only thing you need to do is getting them out of the boxes. Then you can use them and will have a nice nap.
- 【Comfortable Zero Gravity Chairs】: Homall Zero Gravity Chairs are very comfortable for people who want to camp with motor house, take a vacation on the beach or rest beside the poolside. That would be a good choice for you to have a break with Homall Zero Gravity Chairs.
- 【Durable and High-Quality】: This Homall Zero Gravity Recliner is sturdy enough to hold people up to 300lbs. Strong double bungee rope and steel tube frame are durable for using a long time. Full padded detachable pillow can be adjusted according to your comfort. Breathable fabric offer a cool experience in a hot summer day.
- 【Lockable Recliner System】: It can be adjusted at any angle from 0 to 170 degrees. Smoothly glides to an ergonomic zero-gravity position, with replaceable elastic cords that immediately adjust to your body.
- 【Applicable Places】: This Homall zero gravity chair is suitable for poolside, lawn, garden, patio, backyard and so on. It will bring you a more comfortable experience to have a rest at the leisure time.
- 【Simple and Solid Construction】These zero gravity chair are made of high-quality steels and Textilene fabrics, it makes these chairs more sturdy. At the same time, the inverted triangle structure enhances the stability of the chairs. So these chairs are simple but durable.
- 【Ergonomic Design】These chairs are designed according to ergonomics to reduce muscle tension and stress. A removable headrest could relieve the pressure of cervical vertebra or use as a surpport of lumbar. You will feel comfortable when you lying down.
- 【Adjustable and Locking System】You could easily adjust the chair to the position you want when you lying down and lock the chair in any position. With these systems, you could find the most comfortable position to relax yourself.
- 【Convenient to Move】There are no assembly requirements for this chair, it reduces the hassle of assembly when you take it out of home. With the foldable design and light weight, it is super convenient to move to you.
- 【Wide Application】All these chairs are simple and elegant, they will perfectly decorate your yard, home, poolside and garden. Also, they are perfect for picnics, camping and beach.
Zero Gravity Chair Buyer’s Guide
Hanging out poolside enjoying some sun is so much more relaxing in a zero-gravity chair. These models make sitting easier on the back and hips, whether it’s on the deck or in the lounge in front of the TV. Zero-gravity chairs are popular throughout America, Europe, and Asia.
In this section, we’ll look at everything you need to know before buying your zero-gravity chair.
Why Do They Call it a Zero Gravity Chair?
If you’ve never experienced sitting on a zero-gravity chair, then you might get the wrong impression from the title. A zero-gravity chair won’t let you start floating around the room. However, it does offer you a sitting experience where you feel like you’re weightless.
You can maneuver the chair from a seated to lying position by pushing back with your upper back and lifting your legs. The chair will move with your body’s request, spreading out into a flat position. This movement is an effortless motion, and you won’t have to do anything to old the chair. Some models come with locking pins to allow you to fix the chair in that specific position.
The idea is that a zero-gravity chair makes it easy to transition from one position to another, reducing pressure on the hip joints and your back. When we sit, our lower back and hips start to experience constriction of ligaments and muscles. Over time, these muscle imbalances can lead to the development of back and hip pain.
It’s common for people to develop issues in the lower thoracic spine, the lumbar spine, and the hips. To resolve these issues, the affected individual will need hours of intensive physiotherapy to rectify their posture.
A zero-gravity chair helps you to find the most comfortable seating position, avoiding pressure points in these vital areas. When purchasing your zero-gravity chair, it’s critical that you select a model that suits your body, your application, and your budget.
There are all types of gravity chairs on the market, from cheap ones that you can take to the beach, to premium models that you use in your living room. It’s challenging to determine which are the best models if you don’t know what you’re looking for in a chair. In our review, we went through hundreds of models to bring you our top choices.
How Do Zero-Gravity Chairs Work?
You might find yourself how it is that zero-gravity chairs go their name, and how they work. Do you know what astronaut chairs look like in the space shuttle?
They position themselves to pivot on an axis. This strategy allows the chair to move to accommodate different positions, and that’s useful for the astronauts. They can change the chair’s setup during takeoff when the craft is vertical and horizontal when the aircraft breaks into orbit.
The chair allows the astronauts to move freely, giving a feeling of weightlessness and relaxation. Zero-gravity chairs have this concept included in its design. The chair pivots on a central point just below your hips, and allow you to sit down in a neutral position, and then adjust your seating to a more comfortable spot. All you have to do to move the chair is gently lean back and lift your legs. You’ll feel that the chair moves with your body and offers little resistance to where you want to go.
At the same time, you’ll notice that there’s next to no pressure on your hips, lower, and upper back. As a result, you get a more comfortable seating position that’s supportive of your natural posture.
What to Look for In a Zero Gravity Chair?
So, what do you have to look out for when buying a zero-gravity chair? What are the top functionalities and characteristics of a zero-gravity chair that matters? In this section, we’ll go through the details of the best zero gravity chair.
Service Life and Durability
Your Zero-gravity chair will get plenty of use around the pool in the summer. Therefore, you need to make sure you buy a model from a reputable brand. All the models in this review are from top brands with solid reputations for producing some of the best outdoor and indoor zero-gravity chairs.
Your zero-gravity chair should feature designs and construction with premium-quality components. Check that your chair comes with aluminum or steel frames from strength, breathable materials, and useful accessories.
If you live near the coastline, then the humidity and salt in the air can rust outdoor furniture quickly. Therefore, you need a chair that offers you good corrosion resistance. Powder-coated frames are a good choice for use in these kinds of climate conditions.
The powder-coating prevents the steel or aluminum from deteriorating, ensuring you get a long service life. As a tip, make sure you wipe down the frames and pack your chairs away after exposing them to salt air on the beach.
We recommend that you avoid black powder-coated frames. This color absorbs the heat from the sun. The structure might get so hot during the peak sun hours of the day, that you burn your hands or arms when accidentally touching the frame.
Using a zero-gravity chair is all about comfort and effortless freedom of movement. Taking the pressure off your hips and back and feeling like you’re suspending yourself in the air is relaxing. However, sometimes, you might find yourself in such a comfortable position that you want to hold the chair there and take a nap.
If that’s the case, then you need a model with a locking pin. The locking pin holds the chair in place, and you don’t have to worry about keeping it in place. The locking pin is usually to the side of the chair, and it’s easy to put in place by pulling a locking bar.
You need to ensure that you get a quality locking pin with your chair. If you buy a chair with a defective or low-quality locking pin, you end up have the mechanism break down early. However, most of the time, it breaks right after the warranty period expires, leaving you with limited functionality on your busted zero-gravity chair.
Zero gravity chairs come with either single or double locking systems. Single systems only lock one side of the chair. While they do work, they don’t provide a stable lock, and you might be able to shift them loose or experience play in the lock if you try to get out of the chair when it’s locked.
We suggest that you always go with a double lock on your zero-gravity chair. It’s a stable system that ensures you don’t break this function.
Side Tray and Cup Holders
If you want more convenience in your life, choose a model that comes with built-in accessory side tables and cup holders for your drinks. With a built-in side table, you can enjoy a cocktail poolside while you bathe in the sun’s afternoon rays.
A sunshade is vital if you don’t like having the sun in your face. Unless you want lines and wrinkles 10-years early, it’s best to keep your sun and neck out of harm’s way when tanning.
A sunshade keeps the powerful UV rays off your face, allowing you to enjoy the sun without the aging effect.
The fabric quality of your chair is another critical consideration. Choose a fabric that matches your activity. Do you want a plush seat to watch TV or a waterproof version for sitting poolside or the beach? Choose a material that matches your lifestyle needs, and the color to match your décor.
Most good models of zero-gravity chairs feature built-in pillows. A pillow takes the strain out of your neck when moving the chair into the lying position.
Ergonomic armrests contour to the shape of your arm and forearm, giving you greater levels of comfort. Take the pressure off your elbow joints, and your wrists with an ergonomic armrest designed to relieve any tension.
Size and Capacity
If you’re over 6-foot tall or weigh more than 200-lbs, then it’s advisable to go for an oversized gravity chair. Oversized chairs have wide frames and more secure stitching on the fabrics. These chairs can carry heavier loads, and they’re better for larger people that need more support.
When sitting on your new zero-gravity chair, it should always feel stable and secure. If you sit on the chair and the joints start moving in strange ways, then it might be an accident waiting to happen.
Look for models that have thicker frames with lightweight materials and decent materials for the seat. If your chair feels like it’s going to topple over all the time, you’ll feel anxious and end up falling over and hurting yourself.
Choose a chair that’s user-friendly and easy to use. If you need to complete a balancing act to get in or out of the chair, then it’s probably a good idea to look for another model. Your zero-gravity chair should offer you a good balance of comfort and user-friendly operation.
How Do I Set Up My Zero Gravity Chair?
Setting up your zero-gravity chair isn’t as challenging as you think. The chair is nothing like trying to piece together one of those complicated home gyms. There is no need to sit and decipher 100-page instruction books when putting your zero-gravity chair together.
Most zero-gravity chairs come ready to use straight out of the box with some minor assembly. Depending on the model, you might have to piece a few pieces of the frame together, but in most cases, it’s partially assembled.
What are the Health Benefits of Using Zero-Gravity Chairs?
Sitting all day causes all types of problems with our back and hips. Using a zero gravity chair around the office or your home can help to relieve that pressure and improve your posture. Posture disorders are terrible to live with, and they dramatically reduce your quality of life.
With a zero-gravity chair, you get the opportunity to remove the trigger points causing the shortening of tendons in your hips and lower back. By stopping this shortening of the tendons from occurring, you prevent muscular imbalances that lead to posture problems.
So, what are the specific benefits of using a zero gravity chair?
- Reduce spinal pressure – The spine is the center of our skeletal and nervous systems. When we start to have things go wrong with our back, there are severe pain problems on the horizon. Back pain is a massive problem with many Americans. Many of these patients pick up pain issues die to posture problems from sitting.
- Sitting in a zero-gravity position reduces the pressure on the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine, providing relief from the tension that causes back pain.
- Decrease Muscular Tension – Muscular tension is another huge concern for sitting in uncomfortable or incorrect postures. When sitting in your office chair, you have to work your back muscles to maintain your posture while typing or doing other work at your desk.
- If you go home and then do the same when eating and sitting on the couch, it can lead to muscle spasms and strains. However, sitting in a zero-gravity position removes these issues.
Some of the other benefits of using a zero-gravity chair include the following.
- Promote circulation
- Reduce joint wear and fatigue
- Prevent the formation of varicose veins
- Increase blood oxygen levels
- Improve cardiovascular function and breathing
Zero Gravity Chair FAQs
What are zero-gravity chairs? How do they work? What model is the best to buy? We give you more clarity on these frequently asked questions in this section.
How do zero-gravity chairs work?
Zero-gravity chairs work by pivoting on a balance point that makes you feel like you’re floating in the air. It’s a similar effect to a hammock, but with better posture benefits for your back and hips. The zero-gravity chair helps keep your hips and lumbar spine in a neutral position. Therefore, it reduces the chance of posture deterioration that leads to conditions like sciatica and spondylosis.
What are the benefits of using a zero-gravity chair? How is it Different from standard chairs?
Zero gravity chairs help to reduce problems with your hips like forward-tilting. Other common issues include a curving of the spine and other conditions like “geek neck.” All these structural issues come from sitting. With a zero-gravity chair, your body has ergonomic support to maintain perfect posture and prevent injuries or posture disorders.
Can I sleep in my zero-gravity chair?
Yes, you can sleep in a zero-gravity position without any problems. People that fall asleep on their zero-gravity chair often notice that they experience better quality sleep. The chair provides your body with the ideal support it needs to relieve conditions like insomnia and restless legs.
Can zero-gravity chairs lay flat?
No, zero-gravity chairs stretch out, but they don’t go flat. Zero-gravity chairs are not for use for sleeping or lying on your stomach. The chair is only for sitting on lying on your back, as the design of the components suit this posture form only.
Does a zero-gravity chair require assembly?
Yes, most zero-gravity chairs feature a quick assembly. Most of them come complete in the box, and all you need to do is fold them out, add the pillow, and get ready for your first zero-gravity experience!
The Verdict for the Best Zero Gravity Chair
By now, you should have a good idea of the right zero-gravity chair for you. If you’re still on the fence with deciding on the best model, then why not go with our top picks? Our choices are the absolute best of the best in this review, and we think they’re the best zero-gravity chairs available.
The FDW zero-gravity patio lounge chairs are lightweight and portable. These models are great for lounging by the pool or take them to the beach for a day of tanning in the summer sun. You get two chairs in the pack, allowing you and your partner to lounge out and catch some rays.
The Perfect Chair “PC-420” model is the best choice for homeowners looking for a zero-gravity model for the den or lounge. This chair is plush, with high-quality fabrics and a large built-in pillow. The sturdy wooden base stops the chair from moving as you switch into the zero-gravity position. This chair doesn’t suit outdoors, but it will be the comfiest lounge chair you ever won.
The Caravan Sports Infinity zero-gravity chair suits homeowners on a budget that are looking for some cool outdoor furniture this summer. This model has everything you need to enjoy the sun on your lounger. You get reliable zero-gravity functionality, as well as a comfortable seat, premium materials, stitching, and two chairs in a pack.
Choose the zero-gravity chair that meets your needs and give yourself some relief from back pain this summer.