Being outdoors in your yard with your family and friends in good weather is what homeownership is all about. With the grill doing its thing in the background, and the kids playing in the pool, you and your guests get to lounge out on the outdoor dining furniture sipping on cocktails while you wait for the meal.
When it comes time to serve, everyone needs a place around the table, well, maybe you can let the kids eat on a blanket or something.
If you’re thinking about upgrading your outdoor patio furniture this spring, check out our reviews of the best patio dining sets. From large sets to accommodate plenty of guests, to a modest and stylish set for a couple, there’s smoothing for everyone in these top choices.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Patio Dining Sets Reviews
- 2.1 Wisteria Lane Patio Sectional Furniture Set – Best Overall Winner
- 2.2 Marietta 7-Piece Cast Aluminum Outdoor Dining Set – Best Premium Set
- 2.3 Flash Furniture Outdoor Patio Set – Best Budget Buy
- 2.4 Christopher Knight 7-Piece Outdoor Wicker Dining Set
- 2.5 Best Choice Products 7-Piece Outdoor Dining Set
- 2.6 Festnight 9-Piece Outdoor Patio Furniture
- 2.7 Christopher Knight Dana Point 7-Piece Outdoor Dining Set
- 2.8 Best Choice Products Cast Aluminum Patio Dining Set
- 2.9 Parma Rattan Patio Bistro Set
- 2.10 Flash Furniture Nantucket 6-Piece Patio Furniture Set
- 2.11 Suncrown Outdoor 3-Piece Rocking Bistro Set
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Patio Dining Set Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Patio Dining Set FAQ
- 6 Conclusion
In case you don’t have time to go through all of the choices in this review, you can rely on our top picks.
Best Overall Winner – Wisteria Lane Patio Sectional Furniture Set
- COMFORTABLE CUSHION - This outdoor patio dining set comes with durable beige fabric, can last for longer time. Thicker resilience sponge adds extra comfort for each moment.
- HANDWORK MATERIAL - Made of strong galvanized steel frame and all-weather hand woven PE rattan, give you a durable rattan seating that will last your for years to come
- EXQUISITE DESIGN - Combine the functionality of wood and iron with the comfort of wicker has a refined classic style,easier to match any preexisting decor
- VERSATILE - This sectional set are light enough to move around and easy to placed in an endless number of configurations.
- PACKAGE INCLUDE - 2 x Single armrest loveseat, 1 x Corner loveseat, 1 x Wooden Table, 3 x Ottoman,13 x Cushions, shipped in 3 boxes (Brown wicker with ivory cushions, assembly required)
This rattan-style set has a modern touch with a stylish finish that makes it our top choice in this review. Seat 8 to 10 guests in comfort while still retaining the functionality of a dining set. The Wisteria also includes the pillows with the set.
Best Premium Set – Marietta 7-Piece Cast Aluminum Outdoor Dining Set
- Includes: (1) table, (6) chairs
- Materials: Cast Aluminum
- Chair dimensions: 35.50 H x 24.00 W x 22.00 inches D | Seat width: 19.20 inches | Seat depth: 17.50 inches | Seat height: 18.00 inches | Table dimensions: 29.75 inches H x 38.00 inches W x 68.00 inches L
- Some assembly required
- Enjoy the outdoors all year with friends and family. The Marietta cast aluminum dining set includes one table and six chairs so you can host gatherings in comfort. Made with durable, all weather cast aluminum and designed with the details in mind. The table features a standard 2” opening for your umbrella so you can stay cool in the sun
Made from cast aluminum and built to last, this set for 6 is highly weather-resistant. The classic design is functional and comfortable, and the ideal addition to a traditional home. If you’re looking for a set to last a lifetime, this is your top option.
Best Budget Buy – The Flash Furniture Outdoor Patio Set
- Table and Chair Set
- Set Includes Table and 4 Chairs
- Designed for Indoor and Outdoor Use
- Designed for Commercial and Residential Use
- Square Table
If you’re working with a tight budget, then you can’t go wrong with the Flash Furniture Outdoor Patio Set. This 4-seater comes with a stylish rattan-wrap finish, and a table with glass top, for a fraction of the price of a premium set.
Patio Dining Sets Reviews
Let’s take a deep dive into the best outdoor patio dining sets available. We settled on our top choices using the utility, quality, style, finish, and pricing of the set as our guidelines. Choose a product that you feel is right for you, and if you need help settling on your decision, check out our buyer’s guide in the next section.
Wisteria Lane Patio Sectional Furniture Set – Best Overall WinnerThe Wisteria outdoor patio set provides a picturesque finish to your patio. It’s the ideal entertainment hub for your home, providing a convertible set up to meet your seating requirements. This set functions as two love seats, or as a sectional setup, and it comes with three ottomans for temporary seating around the table at mealtimes.
The Wisteria features a galvanized steel frame, covered in an attractive rattan wrap. You can purchase the Wisteria in a few color options for the rattan, as well as a few options for the rattan weave. The faux rattan almost looks like the real thing!
This patio set also features construction with durable, weather-resistant fabrics. You can leave the material in the full sun, and it won’t damage the fabric. The sponge in the cushions has excellent resilience, providing comfortable seating at your family barbeques for years to come.
Overall, this patio dining set has a modern look that suits contemporary homes. The seating sections are lightweight enough to move around the patio without scuffing the floor, and the stylish finish will have your guests admiring your taste.
- Dual utility for relaxing and dining
- Comfortable cushions and ottomans included
- Seats 8 guests
- Stylish rattan wrap finish
- No individual seating except ottomans
Marietta 7-Piece Cast Aluminum Outdoor Dining Set – Best Premium Set
At just under a thousand dollars, the Marietta is the top premium choice in this review. The seven-piece dining set features design and construction with cast aluminum, giving it excellent weather-resistance. The Marietta set is suitable to leave outdoors in the full sun and weather exposure all-year-round.
The set comes in a matte black finish, and our only gripe with it is that the manufacturer doesn’t include any cushions. The black finish also absorbs sunlight, providing a hot seat on a hot day – So, pillows are a must.
The table and chairs do not come fully assembled, so there’s some work to do on your behalf when setting it up on your patio. The chair and table legs also feature extenders that prevent them from wobbling on an uneven surface.
This six-seater provides ample seating for your guests, and the table also features a hole where you can add an umbrella to keep the sun off of you on hot summer days.
- Durable aluminum construction
- Classy design and styling
- Seats 6 guests
- No cushions included
Flash Furniture Outdoor Patio Set – Best Budget Buy
If you’re shopping for the best patio dining set, and you have to stick to an affordable budget, then the Flash Furniture patio dining set is our best value buy in this review.
The Flash Furniture set is not the largest by any means, but it still accommodates 4-guests. We were pleasantly surprised by the faux rattan finish on this set, giving it a classy, modern appearance that’s great for smaller patios in townhouses and cluster homes.
The glass tabletop is a nice touch, especially when we consider the price tag of this set. However, there’s no umbrella hole, which is kind of a drawback – but at this price, it’s not a train smash.
The table requires some minor assembly, but it’s noting the average homeowner can’t handle. We highly recommend this set to anyone looking for an affordable and quality outdoor patio dining set.
The chairs don’t come with any pillows, but the woven faux rattan material is comfortable and supportive.
- Super affordable
- Stylish rattan-wrap finish
- Seats 4 guests
- Glass tabletop
- No cushions included
- No umbrella hole in the table
Christopher Knight 7-Piece Outdoor Wicker Dining Set
When selecting the top premium outdoor patio dining set for this review, it was a tough choice between the Marietta and the Chris Knight product. This outdoor dining set features design and construction with a resin-wicker weave that provides the furniture with all-weather protection.
The armchairs are stackable for easy storage, and they appear roomy, offering your guests a comfortable seat. The seating position is towards to lower side, but the table height makes it suitable for eating as much as it does lounging.
This 6-seater comes in an iron-brown color, as well as a range of other neutral colors to match the color theme of your patio and home.
- Stylish wicker construction
- Suits modern homes
- Seats 6 guests
- A comfortable, low seating position
- No cushions included
Best Choice Products 7-Piece Outdoor Dining Set
If you have a limitation on space, or you want to add your outdoor patio dining set under your gazebo, then consider the Best Choice Products 7-piece set. We like the unique high-seating design of this set. The narrow table with a glass tabletop gives the set the feel that it belongs in a trendy cocktail bar.
It’s an excellent choice for homeowners that entertain frequently, and the stylish rattan wrap gives the set an eye-pleasing aesthetic. The chairs are reasonably high, so they’re not suitable for children. However, we like the design, and it provides a comfortable seating arrangement.
The chairs come with comfortable cushions included and a tempered glass tabletop. The chairs and table feature construction with weather-resistant wicker woven over a steel frame.
- high seating design, great for under gazebos and pergolas
- Rattan-wrap finish
- Glass tabletop
- Cushions included
- Seating height makes it unsuitable for kids
Festnight 9-Piece Outdoor Patio Furniture
If you’re looking for a wooden patio dining set, then you’ll love this model from Festnight. This 8-seater set was a close runner up for the best overall patio dining set, but we went with the Wisteria instead.
The table features manufacture with genuine acacia wood and durable hardwood from Africa. This wood is rot-resistance and requires little maintenance other than an oiling every other year. The chairs feature a steel frame with a faux rattan wrap, and acacia armrests, completing the visual aesthetic of the set.
The Festnight is reasonably weather-resistant, but we recommend covering the table and chairs from the rain and snow.
Homeowners will have to assemble this set by hand, so you might want to consider hiring a handyman to avoid the hassle.
- Stylish wooden table
- Modern chair design
- Seats 8 guests
- Low seating position
- Cushions included
- Not weather resistant
Christopher Knight Dana Point 7-Piece Outdoor Dining Set
Made from all-weather wicker, the Christopher Knight 7-piece Dana Point Outdoor Dining Set is a fantastic choice. Embrace the Californian lifestyle by bringing this set into your home. The wicker table and chairs are weather-resistant, and won’t fade over time.
The rich, brown color of the Dana Point set contrasts well against other earthy tones in and around your patio, providing a stunning visual aesthetic that both stylish and eye-pleasing.
The Christopher Knight Dana Point set to come fully built and ready for use, reducing effort on the part of the homeowner, and there’s no need to hire a handyman for assembly.
- Faux wicker for easy maintenance
- Stylish design
- Quality materials and craftsmanship
- Seats 6 guests
- No cushions included
- No glass tabletop
Best Choice Products Cast Aluminum Patio Dining Set
If you demand nothing but the pinnacle of sophistication for your patio dining set, then the Best Choice cast aluminum patio dining set is your top choice. This set is incredibly durable and weather-resistant, thanks to its design and manufacture using cast aluminum.
The brushed brass look of the set is truly something to behold, and it’s the ideal classic choice for homes with a traditional décor theme.
The round table doesn’t hold much in the way of food and other meal items, but it’s enough space to enjoy a pleasant lunch with friends.
If you have an open-air patio, then you’ll find it comforting that there’s an umbrella hole in the center of the table to help you provide some shade during the hot summer afternoons. The set features an elegant lattice design that looks fantastic in any outdoor area.
- Great classic choice
- Cast aluminum construction
- Seats 4
- Round table design limits space
Parma Rattan Patio Bistro Set
If you’re looking for an outdoor patio dining set for your balcony or small outdoor area, then you can’t go wrong with the Rattan Bistro Set. This cute three-piece set features two foldable chairs and a folding table for easy, compact storage.
The chairs feel a bit flimsy, but they’re stronger than they look. We love the attractive rattan weave finish on the tabletop and the seats of the chairs, making it an eye-pleasing set for the patio. The set comes fully assembled and ready to use right out of the box.
- A great choice for couples
- Simplistic design
- No assembly required
- Compact for easy storage
- Small table
Flash Furniture Nantucket 6-Piece Patio Furniture Set
For those homeowners looking for an affordable patio dining set, Flash Furniture has some great deals. We already covered the other offering from this brand earlier in the review, and it won our top pick for the best budget buy in this review.
This offering provides a four-seater table with an umbrella and a table. We’re impressed with the offering from Flash Furniture, and we don’t think it looks cheap at all.,
The mesh seats are supportive and comfortable, and you even get a glass tabletop with this set.
- Umbrella included
- Fold up chairs for compact storage
- Seats 4 guests
- Glass tabletop included
- Circular table limits space
Suncrown Outdoor 3-Piece Rocking Bistro Set
For those couples that want to lounge out and enjoy a sunset as they sip on a glass of wine, the Suncrown 3-piece dining set is your best option. We love the low-seating position of these chairs, giving a comfortable and relaxing seating position. The cushions are also plush and comfortable, providing you with plenty of room in the seat.
However, our favorite feature of this set has to be the rocking chair functionality. Lay back, stretch out your legs, and start rocking away. The black wicker coloring provides the perfect visual offset to the light, cream-color cushions.
The black synthetic resin wicker provides this set with excellent weather resistance, and the strong framing offers plenty of support.
The table in this set is small, and you can forget about serving a three-course meal on this set. However, the elegant design of the table makes it eye-pleasing, and a fantastic surface for placing your drinks or a light snack while you enjoy the afternoon. The glass tabletop is a nice touch and makes the table easy to clean.
- A great choice for lazy afternoon lunches or high tea
- Good choice for couples
- Relaxing rocking motion in chairs
- Glass tabletop
- Small table not suitable for large meals
Other Best Selling Options
- Weather Resistant Materials: This dining table set has a stable and sturdy steel construction, which can be used for long time. And the premium PE rattan materials can adapt to different weather because it is durable and not easy to crack. What’s more, the cover of cushion is made of washable polyester for better wear resistance.
- Humanized Design Enhanced Comfort: Covered with soft sponge cushions, our rattan chairs assure a comfortable sitting experience and can withstand long-time sitting without collapse. Each cushion has a strap with hook and loop fastener for fixing tightly on the chair. On a hot summer day you can also take off the cushion and sit on cool rattan surface.
- Create Outdoor Comfort Zone: Including a rectangular dining table and 4 rattan chairs with soft cushion, this outdoor dining set is a relaxing place to have meals or hold a party. Combining with classic color and modern design, our rattan furniture is great for various outdoor living spaces such as patios, backyards, gardens, balconies and poolside areas.
- Easy to Assemble and Clean: The package includes all hardware and necessary tools so the assembly can be easily and quickly with a clear and understandable instruction. The cover of cushion can be removed with a smooth zipper, and you can wash the cover directly in the washing machine.
- Dimensions of Rattan Dining Set: Chair dimension: 17” (L) X 20.5” (W) X 36” (H), table dimension: 47” (L) X 27.5” (W) X 29” (H), max weight capacity of chair: 355 lbs, max weight capacity of table: 220 lbs.
- Weather Resistant Rattan & Steel Frame: The backrest and seat of each armchair are made of all-weather rattan, which is durable enough to withstand severe weather. Besides, the metal frame is sealed with a powder coating to ensure that it can prevent rusting even in outdoor wet environment. More, corrosion-resistant acacia wood materials can prolong the service life.
- Acacia Wood Tabletop with Umbrella Hole: The spacious outdoor dining table is made of premium acacia wood, which not only provides enough dining space, but also is safe and durable. And the reinforced leg structure can enhance stability. Most importantly, there is a 2.16” umbrella hole on the table to accommodate most umbrellas.
- 6 Portable & Individually Usable Chairs: This outdoor dining table set includes 6 rattan chairs. The lightweight design makes it easy to move to any place you want. Equipped with wide armrests and moderately inclined backrests, the chairs can provide you and your family with extra comfort. And the stable structure can support up to 360lbs.
- Natural & Elegant Decoration: Combining aesthetics and functionality, this outdoor dining table set has a versatile look that can match any surrounding environment. Even, it will be the best supplement to your outdoor space, allowing you and your family to eat in a perfect atmosphere, perfect for patio, poolside, deck, garden, etc.
- Dimension Information: Table size: 69"x32"x29.5"(LXWXH), chair size: 22.5" x 26"x33.5" (LXWXH), armrest height: 25.5", seat height: 17.5", diameter of umbrella hole: 2.16", chair weight capacity: 360 lbs, table weight capacity: 80 lbs
- CLASSIC DESIGN: The Lisbon Dining Collection by Hanover includes 6 traditional and stylish sling stationary chairs and 39" x 68" cast aluminum table. Elegant cast accents scroll across the chairs and table top, adding a level of sophistication and craftsmanship to the collection.
- LARGE PARTY DINING: Designed for the ultimate entertainer to accommodate intimate or large gatherings to fit any backyard, porch, deck, yard, or rooftop. Comfortably fits up to 6 chairs, while the table accommodates for a large spread of drinks and food.
- STURDY & DURABLE: Made with heavy-duty rust-resistant and weather-resistant aluminum frames, this conversation set is produced with high-performance powder coating, which protects it from rust, scratches and harmful UV rays. High quality outdoor fabric is soft to the touch, dries quickly, and resists fading. Ergonomically designed for comfort and durability for long lasting use to enjoy for many years.
- SET DIMENSIONS: Overall Chair Dimensions: 26.5" D x 23" W x 36.5" H, Seat Dimensions: 19" D x 19.5" W x 17" H, Chair Weight Capacity: 250 lbs., Table Dimensions: 68"L x 39" W x 29" H
- CUSTOMER SERVICE : Hanover Customer Service is here to help! If you are in need of replacement parts, parts due to damage in transit, or have any questions, please feel free to contact us and our customer service team will respond within 24 hours to assist you.
Patio Dining Set Buyer’s Guide
Now that you’ve seen the top choices for the best patio dining sets, you might find yourself struggling between two or three top options. So, which one is the right set for your home? In this section, we’ll give you some further information to help you narrow down your purchase decision.
Select the Right Table and Chairs for Your Set
The table should be the first item in your patio dining set that you decide on when making your purchase. The table acts as the centerpiece, drawing people’s attention. It also serves as the area where you place all of your food items, cutlery, and crockery for eating.
Rounded tables are an excellent choice for informal gatherings, or if you don’t eat large meals outdoors. However, if you find yourself hosting cookouts throughout the summer, then you’ll need a longer, larger, rectangular table.
Match the size of your patio dining table with the number of guests you intend on hosting and the size requirements of your patio. We find that most homeowners benefit from going for a larger seating size if you can’t decide between the options.
Dining Table and Chairs Function and Form — Things to Consider
One of the critical factors to consider when selecting your patio dining set is the height of the table and chairs.
Some sets come with a low-hanging style table and chairs, making the seating position more comfortable for lounging, but not as comfortable for eating.
Some seats come with your standard seating posture, and others come with extended legs for a higher seating position. A higher seating position is a great option for eating and enjoying cocktails. However, if you want your kids to use the set, then avoid going for chairs and tables with long legs.
If you’re planning on leaving your patio dining set uncovered, then you might have to go with a table that includes a hole for an umbrella to keep the sun off of you on sunny days.
After settling on the best table option, it’s time to think about the chairs. Things to consider when selecting your chairs are the following.
- The feet – Do they have scratch-resistant feet that won’t scuff your floors? Is it easy to pull out the chair?
- The legs – As mentioned, you need to decide on a height for the legs to select your ideal seating position. If you use your patio set for lounging more than eating, then choose a low-leg chair and table for comfort. High legs give your table and chairs a bar feel.
- The finish – Does the finish of the chairs match the theme of your home and patio?
- Cushions – Does the set come with cushions? Do the chairs require cushions, or do they offer comfortable seating without cushions?
How many guests do you want to entertain at a time? That’s also an important consideration. If you can’t decide, go for a seating arrangement that’s on the larger size if you have space and the budget.
Select the Materials for Your Dining Set
The next step in the process of choosing the best patio dining set is selecting your ideal materials. Patio sets come I a wide variety of materials, from cast aluminum to wood, rattan, wicker, and steel frames with fabric covers.
Choose a material that compliments your patio entertainment area. If your home has earthy colors, then consider adding a wooden or wicker set for a stunning visual result.
When choosing your ideal set, you’ll need to take the following factors into account.
- Weather-resistance – Do you leave your set exposed, or is it undercover?
- Care – How easy will it be to maintain your patio dining set?
- Visual Aesthetic – Will your set keep its look over time?
- Surfaces – Do you need a glass tabletop for food and drink?
- Comfort – Are the chairs comfortable? Do you prioritize comfort over functionality?
- Price – Choose a set that within your budget, and one that’s good value for money.
A note on softwoods and pine materials in patio dining sets; Hardwoods are an excellent choice for an outdoor patio set.
However, many cheaper sets feature construction with softwoods. Softwoods don’t have the same type of environmental durability that you find in hardwoods, and you can expect your softwood set to weather quickly.
How Much Room Do You Have On Your Patio?
When purchasing your new outdoor patio set, it’s vital that you measure the total footprint of the set before you buy it. Your table and chairs need to fit on your patio, and still have enough room for unencumbered movement around the living space.
Buying a set that’s too big for your patio is as disappointing as purchasing a set that’s too small. As a rough guideline, look at the size of the tabletop and then measure a two-foot area around the perimeter. Mock this measurement up on your patio to ensure that the set fits.
Select Your Preferred Color Option
Outdoor patio sets come in a variety of designs, shapes, materials, and colors to suit any outdoor living space. If you’re buying a hardwood set, you’re limited by the color of the wood on offer. In some cases, you might be able to stain the furniture frames to darken the color if you need to do so.
Aluminum and faux finishes on sets provide the widest range of color options, from browns to greys, greens, and other vibrant colors as well. Choose the color that resonates with the other furniture and fixtures around your patio.
Accessorize Your Patio Dining Set
The best patio dining sets come with cushions included with your purchase. However, some sets don’t require the use of cushions for the chairs. However, after you receive your set, you can accessorize it to meet your needs.
You might need extra cushions, or an additional umbrella to keep the sun out of your eyes on bright summer days. Choose cushions and umbrellas that feature fade-resistant materials, and a waterproof finish to ensure you don’t get wet in a passing rain shower.
Patio Dining Set FAQ
Do you still have a few questions in mind? Check out this frequently asked Q&A for further information that can assist you with making your patio dining set purchase.
Why Should I Buy My Patio Dining Set Online?
Buying your patio set online helps you get what you want when you want it. There’s no need to go to a physical retail location that probably has a bunch of sets you don’t like. Pick your set from this review, and then check out with your favorite online retailer for a clean shopping experience.
What Can I Expect to Pay for a Good Quality Patio Dining Set?
Patio dining sets vary in price, depending on the quality and brand. Some sets like the Flash Furniture 4-seater cost under $200, while those sets made from materials like cast aluminum can cost up to $1,000.
Will the Retailer Ship Me My Item for Free?
Most retailers operating on retail sites like Amazon will ship you your patio dining set for free.
What’s the Most Important Thing to Consider When Choosing a Patio Dining Set?
When selecting your patio dining set, think about the size of your patio, and ow many guests you usually have over. Choose a set that meets your requirements.
If your planning on upgrading your outdoor entertainment facilities this year, then go with one of the fantastic options in this review. If you’re still having trouble deciding on the best patio dining set, then why not go with one of our top picks?
Whether you’re looking for an affordable patio set or a premium model, there’s something in this review to suit your needs. There are options for 8-seater, 6-seater, 4-seater, and 2-seater models to suit any size patio.