Deer are nimble, agile, and athletic animals. They can hop fences and maneuver through gaps with ease. Jumping your waist-height or shoulder-high wall is no problem for a young buck that’s looking for a free meal at your flowerbeds.
Deer also tend to return to the same place once they discover a food source, and you can expect them to show up again tonight to finish off what they left behind.
You need to keep deer out of your yard if you want your garden to thrive this summer. Fortunately, there are plenty of deer Repellents and deterrents to help you secure your property from these roaming ruminants. There’s no need to wake up to destruction in your yard anymore.
In this post, we’ll look at 10 of the best deer deterrents for your yard.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Deer Repellent Reviews
- 2.1 CoKit Ultrasonic Deer Repellent Device
- 2.2 Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer
- 2.3 Aspectek Predator Eye PRO
- 2.4 Hoont Cobra Animal Repeller
- 2.5 Enviro Pro 1025 Deer Scram Repellent
- 2.6 Deer Out 32oz Concentrate Deer Repellent
- 2.7 Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent Concentrate
- 2.8 Bobbex Ready to Use Deer Repellent with E-Z Pump Sprayer
- 2.9 Deer Repel Deer Repellent Plants Pouches
- 2.10 Gardeneer By Dalen Deer-X Protective Netting
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Deer Repellent Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Types of Deer Repellents
- 6 Physical Deterrents
- 7 Seasonal Deer Deterrence
- 8 Deer Repellent FAQs
- 9 Deer Repellent – The Verdict
If you’re looking for the best deer deterrents for your yard, here are our top picks. We focused on modern technology solutions to secure your yard from deer, rabbits, and other critters looking to dine on your flowerbeds this summer.
Best Pick: CoKit Ultrasonic Deer Repellent Device
- Solar ultrasonic pest repeller: Different frequency can frighten away different animals and that living animals emit infrared ray. repel rodents, mice, voles, moles, snakes, frogs.
- Sensor angle: 110 degrees(from left to right, not top to bottom). Detection range: up to 30 feet.
- Animal Repeller : 2 Ultrasonic speakers, 2 flashing LED and 1 PIR motion sensor combined to ensure the effect. The sensitivity and detectable distance of the PIR sensor can be set up, distance up to 30ft; 2 speakers provide powerful ultrasound and its frequency can be adjusted to keep accuracy against different animals; Plus 2 flashing LED, this device can effectively repell almost all animals.
- Solar Powered: The machine is Solar Powered with 3 pieces of AA size rechargeable batteries. Solar panel can meet the daily power consumption at normal settings when it's sunny day. Without sunshine or on cloudy days, it can work independently for 4 to 7 days in normal conditions. For this condition, please charge the device via USB cable.
- Designed with mounting poles and hook hole, it can be easily installed in your Garden, Farm.
This tech solution gets our award for the best overall deer Repellent in this review. This model comes with sensors that activate a range of electronic deterrents from the device. It uses flashing lights and sonar to scare away deer, cats, rabbits, and dogs from your yard. You get a 110-degree detection angle, with a range of 35-feet in optimal conditions. The device works off rechargeable batteries, included with your purchase. The batteries get a charge from the solar panel on the top of the unit, charging the device in all weather conditions.
Premium Pick: Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer
- HUMANELY REPELS ANIMALS AND PESTS: Keeps animals and pests out of plants, yards and gardens using a harmless spray of water.
- UNIQUE DAY AND NIGHT DETECTION: The only deterrent sprinkler on the market with options for day only, night only, or 24 hour protection, giving you the flexibility to ensure the Yard Enforcer only activates when you need it
- STABLE DESIGN: Simply press spike into soil or turf to firmly hold the Yard Enforcer in place.
- SAVE WATER AND BATTERY LIFE: Includes sensing technology for optimum water and battery conservation; get over 7,500 activation cycles on just 4 AA alkaline batteries and as little as 2 cups of water per activation.
- INTELLIGENT SENSING TECHNOLOGY: Sensing technology learns the difference between trees and animals, so your water will not activate every time the wind blows.
The Orbit Yard Enforcer wins our award for the best premium deer Repellent in this review. You get a day/night detection, with a sprinkler system providing the deterrent. The water jets reach up to 70-feet, with total coverage of 3,840-square feet. You get motion activation, with 7,500-activations on a set of 4x AA batteries. The system uses as little as two cups of water with each activation, saving resources. The device’s intelligent sensor determines the difference between animal movements and branches blowing in the wind or leaves falling to the ground.
Budget Pick: Aspectek Predator Eye PRO
- Innovative, economical, and humane method of pest control. Contains no toxic chemicals, safe around children or pets
- Improved model has two flashing lights instead of one for more effective pest control
- Larger size protects more of your property, yet can still be easily mounted with the kick stand included
- Eco-friendly and economical: solar-powered and starts working auto, magically at night to deter pests. New and improved battery lasts for 30 days on a single charge. Automatic Light sensitive turning on at dusk and turning off at full daylight.
- Waterproof: Certified IP77 is suitable for all weather conditions. No installation or maintenance required
This model wins our award for the best budget buy in this review. Deer have natural predators like wolves and mountain lions. If you make it seem like a predator is watching them, they’ll leave your yard immediately. The Aspectek Predator Eye PRO comes as a twin-pack of devices with red LEDs designed to emulate the terrifying gaze of a predator. The LEDs light up at night, giving the deer the impression that a wolf is in your yard. These solar-powered lights last up to 30-days on a single charge, with an IP77 waterproof rating.
Deer Repellent Reviews
Now that you have an idea of the best deer Repellent systems available, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll also look at a few other options for keeping deer out of your yard.
It’s important to note that all the Repellent and deterrent systems in this review are non-toxic and not harmful to deer or other animals.
CoKit Ultrasonic Deer Repellent Device
This electronic deer deterrent is the ideal system for any yard. You get an easy fitment with a design for wall-hanging or staking to the ground. This unit includes flashing lights and sonar sounds to scare off deer and rabbits.
This model comes with five frequency settings to deter and detect different animals. This model features ultrasonic speakers, a PIR sensor, and LED flashing lights. You get three rechargeable AA batteries included with your purchase, receiving power from the built-in solar panel.
This model comes with a 110-foot detection range, and a 40-foot throw, making it suitable for the largest yards. You also get adjustable detection distance and IP65 water resistance that holds up in bad weather.
- Emits Powerful sonar sounds and flashing lights
- 100-degree detection range with a 40-foot throw
- Solar charging
- Batteries included
- PIR sensor and frequency control
- Stakes into the ground or wall-mount
- IP65 waterproof design
Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer
Deer don’t like it when people disturb them during feeding. This deterrent is the ideal model for large yards dealing with deer invasions. It’s a water-deterrent model, shooting a jet of water 70-feet across the yard.
This model comes with auto motion detection and adjustable range. When activated, the device shoots water at the deer, startling them. You get an adjustable water cycle for up to 30-minutes, as well as day/night functionality.
This model includes an easy staking system for fast set up in your yard. The system runs on water, and that might not sound eco-friendly. However, this device only uses around two cups of water on the heaviest setting. Think of it as a sprinkler giving your lawn and flowerbeds a drink.
This model operates with 4x AA batteries, giving you 7,500-activations for a set. You get coverage for yards up to 3,840-square feet and an intelligent sensor that detects the difference between animals and plants or trees waving in the wind.
- Humane deer repellent
- Day/Night detection
- 70-foot water throw
- 3,840-square foot coverage
- 7,500-activations per battery charge
- Intelligent sensing technology
Aspectek Predator Eye PRO
Homeowners on a budget will get the best value out of this innovative electronic deer deterrent. This twin pack of Predator Eyes will scare away deer from your yard. Deer are nervous creatures, and they flee from predators in an instant.
These deterrents give the impression of a wolf or mountain lion stalking the deer in the shadows. When they see the lights, they assume it’s a predator and run away. These units feature easy mounting to any wall or fence, with a solar-powered operation.
You get IP77 water resistance against bad weather and rain, as well as a maintenance-free operation. Set these Predator Eyes up in your yard at different heights to scare different animals. You get installations instructions included with your purchase.
- Mimics predators eyes
- Easy installation
- Solar-powered operation
- IP77 water-resistant
- Withstands freezing temperatures
Hoont Cobra Animal Repeller
This deer deterrent device is another water system designed to scare away deer from your yard. The Hoont Cobra is one of the most popular electronic deterrents thanks to its affordable price and effective scare tactics.
The Hoont Cobra comes with a jet-sprayer design suitable for chasing away deer, rabbits, and other critters trying to eat your plants. This model stakes into the ground, offering you a 30-foot coverage around your yard with the PIR sensor.
You can adjust the detection range, and when the water jet sounds, the device produces a clicking sound to scare the deer. The Hoont Cobra works with two AA batteries, and this model features solar-powered operation, with a 5-second intermittent spray.
- Top model for homeowners
- Stakes into the ground
- Powerful water jet deterrent
- 30-foot detection range
- 1,000-square foot coverage
- PIR sensor and solar operation
Enviro Pro 1025 Deer Scram Repellent
While our top picks for the best deer repellent are all electronic devices, there’s room in this review for alternative products. The Enviro Pro 1025 deer scram repellent is a great choice for a granular deer repellent product. This scram is non-toxic and biodegradable, meaning it won’t harm the deer or your plants.
The Enviro Pro 1025 scram deer Repellent features a neutral odor that’s undetectable to humans. However, deer have a keen sense of smell, and the scram Repellent gives off a terrible odor that deer can’t stand.
As a result, the deer moves on to other yards that smell better, leaving your flowerbeds alone. This bucket of Repellent covers 32,460-square feet, giving you around a year’s supply of Repellent. You’ll need to reapply the scram every few weeks to keep the deer away.
- No unpleasant odor
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Contains nitrogen for your flowerbeds
- Good for repelling deer and other pests
Deer Out 32oz Concentrate Deer Repellent
A single bottle of Deer Out covers 10,000-square feet, giving you seasonal treatment for your yard, protecting it against deer invasions. Deer Out is a trusted brand in liquid deer repellent. This formula is rain resistant and only requires reapplication once a month for the best results.
This deer Repellent is affordable and easy to mix and apply. The formula is suitable for repelling deer and other small critters like rabbits. This deer repellent comes in a twin pack, giving you six to nine months of protection for your yard.
Deer Out features formulation with non-toxic, biodegradable ingredients that don’t harm animals. The formula produces a pleasant mint scent to humans that smells terrible to deer and rodents.
- Pleasant mint scent
- Covers 10,000-square feet
- All-natural ingredients
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Money-back guarantee
- Works in all seasons
Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent Concentrate
Liquid Fence is another top choice for a deer repellent. This formula is suitable for use in any season, providing an odor-free treatment for your yard that deer find disgusting.
Liquid fence is suitable for keeping deer and rabbits away from your plants, with easy mixing and application. Its liquid formulation makes it easy to work with and dilute accurately.
A single bottle of Liquid Fence provides you with enough coverage to last the season. This product features organic and biodegradable ingredients that aren’t harmful to animals. We like the long-lasting, rain-resistant formula that reduces applications throughout the rainy season.
This product requires a loading phase where you spray down your plants once a week for a month. After that, you only need to reapply once a month.
- Suitable for repelling deer and rabbits
- Non-toxic organic ingredients
- Works well in all seasons
- No noticeable odor
Bobbex Ready to Use Deer Repellent with E-Z Pump Sprayer
This deer Repellent product is a great choice for convenience. You get an E-Z pump bottle filled with a pre-mixed deer Repellent ready for your yard. The Bobbex formula features a design with organic, biodegradable ingredients that won’t harm the wildlife in your yard.
This product has no detectable odor, but the heightened sense of smell in deer find the odor horrible, and they’ll move on from your yard. The convenient pump bottle makes it easy to apply, with no need for measuring or mixing ingredients.
Bobbex ready to use deer Repellent spray features easy application, with year-round efficacy at deterring deer from your yard. The formula is rain-resistant and only require application once a month.
- EZ-Pump sprayer for fast application
- Organic, recycled ingredients
- No petrochemicals in the formula
- Year-round application
Deer Repel Deer Repellent Plants Pouches
This deer repellent is easy to use, featuring a deer-friendly formula that’s safe for deer and rabbits. The Deer Repel system features ten repellent pouches, featuring a hanging design. Hang the pockets from branches around your yard, and repel the pests.
The pouches feature a slightly spicey but pleasant scent. However, the deer in your yard won’t find it impressive, and they’ll flee to avoid the smell.
Deer Repel features formulation with non-toxic and biodegradable ingredients and is rain-resistant. Deer Repel comes with a 100% money-back guarantee on your purchase.
- Long-lasting formula
- Pleasant spicey scent
- 10-pack ready-to-use pellets
- Rain-resistant formula
- 100% money-back guarantee
Gardeneer By Dalen Deer-X Protective Netting
Our final deer Repellent is netting. Netting is a good choice for a Repellent because a deer can’t eat what it can’t put in its mouth. This netting comes in a 7-foot height by 100-foot length, allowing you to drape it across your flowerbeds at night.
Stake the netting around your flowerbeds for protection, or drape it over plants. This product features design and construction with recycled materials, right here in the USA. The netting features treatment with a UV-resistant coating to resist fading and sun damage.
It’s a great alternative to chicken wire and won’t harm the animals when they attempt to feed on your plants. It’s an affordable solution for safeguarding your yard. However, the netting requires setup and removal each day, and some gardeners might find that a cumbersome task.
- Affordable deterrent
- Suitable for shrubs and large flowers
- A good alternative to chicken wire
- Build a fence or drape over shrubs
- 7-foot x 100-foot size
Other Best Selling Options
- Over 100,000 Repeat Customers - It Works Great!
- Minty Fresh Scent - Smells Great to Humans!
- Wont Wash Off - Two Natural Stickers keeps it on your plants!
- All Natural ingredients - No Harmful Chemicals or Poisons!
- 100% Money back guarantee - Guaranteed Effective!
- long-lasting - bobbex deer repellent is proven to be the most effective long-lasting spray on the market. once applied, this deer spray will not wash away.
- natural ingredients - bobbex is environmentally friendly, using only natural ingredients that stop deer browsing by using multiple smell and taste deterrents. this animal repellent will keep deer, elk, and moose out of your garden or yard.
- easy to apply - apply the spray directly on the surface of foliage to repel deer. this product is not a concentrate, it is readily diluted in water, and the trigger sprayer devices make it simple to apply.
- harmless to wildlife - this liquid deterrent is environmentally compatible and harmless to all wildlife including humans, your dog or cat, birds, and aquatic life.
- safe for use on most plants - this ready-to-use formula can be directly applied to ornamentals and most edible vegetables, but it is not designed for use on most edible leaves and herbs, nor on rough-skinned berries like strawberries or raspberries.
- Wont Wash Off, Guaranteed to work Deer Repellent
- Minty Fresh scent
- Super long lasting up to 3 months or longer
- over 100,000 repeat customers
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- LONG-LASTING - Bobbex Deer Repellent is proven to be the most effective long-lasting spray on the market. Once applied, this deer spray will not wash away.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Bobbex is environmentally friendly, using only natural ingredients that stop deer browsing by using multiple smell and taste deterrents. This animal repellent will keep deer, elk, and moose out of your garden or yard.
- EASY TO APPLY - Apply the spray directly on the surface of foliage to repel deer. This product is a concentrate, so it must be diluted in water before use. Once mixed, it can be used in the E-Z pump devices.
- HARMLESS TO WILDLIFE - This liquid deterrent is environmentally compatible and harmless to all wildlife including humans, your dog or cat, birds, and aquatic life.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS - This ready-to-use formula can be directly applied to ornamentals and most edible vegetables, but it is not designed for use on most edible leaves and herbs, nor on rough-skinned berries like strawberries or raspberries.
Deer Repellent Buyer’s Guide
It’s early summer, and you walk outside in the morning air to view your garden. It was back-breaking work planting all those new shrubs and flowers over the weekend, and you’re looking forward to seeing the results of your work in the morning light.
As you gaze out to the flowerbed and sip on your cup of coffee, you notice half your plants are missing, and those new shrubs look like someone went at them with the weed wacker. It seems like deer found an entrance to your yard last night and decided to feast on the buffet you left behind.
Deer are beautiful creatures, and our hearts melt when we watch Bambi with the kids. However, they’re destructive animals around the yard, and many states label them as pests. Deer populations are exploding around the United States, attracting other predators like wolves.
Deer carry diseases and pests, with “chronic wasting disease” becoming a problem in many herds across America. Deer also spread Lone Star ticks, the parasites responsible for inducing the dreaded “Lyme disease” in humans. Deer don’t belong in your yard, and you’ll have to ensure you do your best to secure your property.
Deer populations are on the rise across America; with hunting on a decline, there are more deer breeding across areas like Texas than ever before. Deer are majestic animals and fun to stare at while watching them prance around. However, they aren’t fun anymore when they start eating your flowers and shrubs.
Deer are also known carriers of dangerous parasites like the Lone Star tick. This tick carries Lyme disease, with infection rates exploding all around the Sunbelt and east coast of the United States. Keeping deer out of your yard keeps your kids safe from tick bites.
Another issue is its predictable feeding habits. If a deer wanders into your yard and finds a buffet of plants waiting for it, it’s going to come back the following day and keep returning until it finishes off your garden.
After reading through the best deer Repellent reviews, you probably feel more confused than when you started. Which deer Repellent system is the best choice for your yard, and do you need an electronic deterrent or another option?
In this section, we’ll look at what you need in a deer deterrent and the best choices for your property.
What Plants Do Deer Like to Eat?
Deer prefer eating delicate plants, and they’ll have a field day going through your vegetable garden. Deer also enjoy feeding on young plants and tender greens, such as hosta, ivy, pansies, and lettuce. You’ll find munching on roses, lilies, and roses in the early spring and summer, and they love eating plants in containers. When food gets scarce in the winter, deer may resort to eating woody plants like shrubs, and they might even gnaw the bark off trees.
How Do I Identify Damage Caused By Deer?
Search your garden for clues of deer feeding on your plants. Look for signs of clipped or nibbled leaves. Blossoms and buds will suddenly vanish overnight, and you’ll probably notice hoof prints in soft soil around feeding sites. Deer also leave small round, black droppings everywhere they go.
You might also notice scrapping on trees from males scraping their antlers on the bark. Deer are large animals, and they can reach leaves as high as six feet from the ground.
Types of Deer Repellents
Scent deterrents produce an odor that’s unpleasant to deer. Deer have a heightened sense of smell, and they detect odors that our nose misses. There are dozens of premade deer repellent products focusing on the odor deterrent.
You can also make scent deterrents at home using items like coffee grounds, garlic, and fish heads. However, the issue with homemade deterrents is that they require frequent applications every few days. That’s a headache, and if you miss a treatment, the deer have a window of opportunity to feed.
We recommend going with specialist products designed for your garden. These sprays and granular Repellents have a longer service life, featuring rain-resistant formulations that won’t wash away as easily as homemade solutions.
The easiest way to protect your flowerbeds and shrubs from deer is to install a fence around the garden. Ensure your wall doesn’t have gaps larger than 6″ x6″ as deer are climbers and scale the fence. Deer can jump reasonably high.
Ensure your fence is over 6-feet in height to prevent deer from jumping the fence into your yard. Ensure the fence goes to the ground, stopping deer from creeping into your yard under the fence. Some deer can jump as high as 8-feet.
Therefore, make sure you place thorny bushes or trees in front of the fence to give them less area to take off.
Nets are a great way to prevent deer from getting at your plants. Drape them over shrubs and low-hanging trees to prevent the critters from chewing on them. You can drape the netting or create a fence around the flowerbed to keep the deer out.
Black deer netting is a good choice for keeping the deer out without ruining your view. Make sure that your net is over 6-feet tall to prevent deer from jumping the barrier.
Electronic Light and Noise Deterrents
As mentioned, deer are skittish animals, and the slightest disturbance causes them to take flight. Electronic deterrents are the best option for keeping deer out of your yard.
These devices feature a range of functions to scare deer.
- Water deterrents – These models shot a jet of water at the deer, making them think someone is attacking them.
- Noise deterrents – Some models emit sonic waves that spook the deer and cause them to run.
- Light deterrents – These models use lights to scare the deer or emulate predator activity.
The top models in this review are all electronic deterrents. They offer the best value for your money, and you don’t have to reapply them to plants as you do with chemical solutions.
Seasonal Deer Deterrence
Deer are around throughout the year, and they’re hungry all the time. Follow these tips for seasonal deer deterrence.
Deterring Deer in the Fall
Deer experience the mating season in the fall. During this time, there are larger deer populations in one area as they seek to find mates. At this stage of the year, most of your summer plants are on the way out, but your shrubs and bushes make excellent feeding opportunities for deer.
Bucks will also scrape antlers against trees to remove the velvet layer grown on the antlers over the summer. This repetitive scraping action can damage trees, leaving huge gouge lines in the bark.
Deterring Deer in the Winter
Deer are every bit as destructive in the winter as they are in the summer. When the ground freezes and the snow begins to fall, deer turn their attention to shrubs, trees, and branches as food sources.
They’ll start chewing away at low-hanging branches and leaves, and they might end up killing off limbs on your trees. Shrubs and hedges are favorites, providing an easy reach for the deer.
Deterring Deer in the Spring
The spring brings the start of a new growing season. After a long hard winter, the deer are starving, and they can’t wait to get at the green shoots in your garden. New shoots and buds are deer’s favorite foods, and they’ll pick your bushes, shrubs, and trees clean if you don’t do something to deter them.
If you’re using a liquid or granular deterrent, you’ll need to spray or treat your plants at least once every two weeks during the growing season. This strategy is a hassle, and it’s easy to forget days. It’s for this reason that we recommend using electronic deterrents in your yard.
Deterring Deer in the Summer
Plants closer to the ground are easy targets for deer in the summer. They love feeding on low-growing plants, and if they find your veggie garden – it’s game over. Unless you do something before the nighttime rolls around, you can expect the deer to show up again and clear out what they left behind.
Deer Repellent FAQs
Do coffee grounds repel deer?
If you toss coffee grounds into a wet bag and leave it to “mature” outside for a week, deer will find it pretty repulsive. However, the scent might drift onto your porch or into your house. While it’s a cheap deterrent, it’s not the best natural solution for your garden.
Does human urine deter deer?
All animals steer clear of human urine. It’s a sign that we’re in the vicinity, and we’re a predator that deer fear. Some gardeners use a spray bottle filled with diluted urine to soak the plants and prevent deer from destroying the garden. Legend has it that male urine has a more potent Repellent effect than female urine.
Does Irish Spring soap repel deer?
Many people recommend Irish Soap as a natural deer deterrent for the garden. It’s true that Irish Spring creates a smell that causes deer and rabbits to avoid your garden. However, it’s a hassle to use in your garden because it requires frequent applications.
Where can I buy deer Repellent?
We recommend buying your deer Repellent at Amazon – the world’s largest online retailer. Amazon offers the best prices and a comprehensive product range. If you’re a Prime member with Amazon, you get free shipping to your door and buyer protection for your order. Amazon also offers a hassle-free returns process if you’re not happy with your deer deterrent.
Deer Repellent – The Verdict
By now, you should have a good idea of the types of deer Repellent systems available. If you’re finding it hard to select a final model, we recommend going with an electronic deterrent. Electronic models offer the best value for money, and you don’t have to reapply chemicals to plants continuously.
We scoured listings to find these three models for our top picks. If you’re having trouble settling on a deer repellent for your yard, go with one of these units. With one of these deer deterrents, you’ll never have to worry about critters bothering your garden again.
The CoKit Ultrasonic Deer Repellent Device is the best electronic deterrent in this review. The PIR sensor on this model is adjustable, allowing you to detect different animals. The intelligent AI in the unit recognizes deer and rabbits against other inanimate objects like tree branches blowing in the wind. The CoKit uses sonic waves and flashing lights to scare off intruders in your yard.
The Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer is a great choice for a water deterrent system. This model includes a 70-foot throw and 3,840-square foot coverage for large yards. You get an adjustable sensor for different detection ranges, with water throw up to 30-feet.
The Aspectek Predator Eye PRO is a great choice for an affordable electronic deterrent. These units feature two bright red LEDs, giving the impression of a predator stalking the deer. Deer are skittish animals, and if they think a wolf or mountain lion is lying in wait, they’re likely to flee. These electronic deterrents feature solar-powered operation, and they come in a twin pack with easy installation anywhere around your yard.