How do you keep rabbits out of your property? These critters burrow under fences and gain access to your garden regardless of how hard you try to safeguard your garden. If you want to keep the rabbits away, you’ll need to start using some repellant.
Rabbit repellant consists of natural ingredients that are not pleasing your rabbit’s sense of smell. Think of it like this. Would you sit down to eat a delicious meal next to a dumpster reeking of old, dead fish? We doubt it, right?
Rabbit repellant does the same thing. It creates an inhospitable feeding environment for rabbits, causing them to move on to another garden. This post reviews the top rabbit repellants available for your yard.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Rabbit Repellent Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Rabbit Repellent Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Rabbit Repellent FAQs
- 6 Rabbit Repellents – The Verdict
We scored online listings looking for the best rabbit repellants and deterrents available. From our eight choices in this review, we selected these three products as our top picks.
We have three different options. You get liquid or granular products, as well as an electronic device. Choose the right repellant or deterrent for your yard, and chase the bunny’s away.
Best Pick: Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent
- Repels deer and rabbits: Deer and rabbits don’t have to eat vegetation for the repellent to be effective—they have a natural aversion to the scent.
- Spray on plants: Use to treat landscaped ornamental gardens, flowers, shrubs, trees and vines.
- Long-lasting, rain-resistant: Concentrated liquid formula starts to work immediately.
- Safe: Harmless to plants and animals when used and stored as directed.
- Apply year-round: No need to rotate with other repellent brands – animals’ natural aversion to Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent2 will never diminish.
Liquid Fence is the leading brand in rabbit and deer repellants. This liquid product comes ready to dilute and spray. You’ll apply two sprays within a week and then reapply every 6-weeks, depending on the rain. The liquid fence effectively keeps rabbits, deer, gophers, and other critters out of your yard. It comes with a non-toxic formulation that’s not harmful to pets or people.
Premium Pick: Gold Label Ultrasonic Rabbit Deterrent
- ✔️ PROTECT YOUR LAWN WITHOUT HARMING ANIMALS: Quit using poison, traps, or mole killer to keep those pesky pests away from your lawn and garden. This simple, natural deterrent will keep moles, gophers, groundhogs, voles, rabbits, etc. safely away.
- ✔️ MANY FREQUENCIES & MODES TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS: This innovative pest remover comes equipped with five adjustable modes and a frequency range of 13.5KHz-28.5KHz /400HZ-1,000HZ. Different modes and frequencies work better on certain animals.
- ✔️ COVERS A WIDE AREA OF YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE: One ground stake has a detection distance of up 30-feet (depending on the size of the animal). If you have a large yard or farm, purchase multiple repellers to ensure you have adequate protection.
- ✔️ USES SOLAR POWER & RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES: Flashing LED lights, PIR sensor, and a buzzer motor... you might be thinking, "I'll be changing the batteries all the time!" Not the case. It runs off solar power and batteries (if you choose).
- ✔️ WON'T STOP PROTECTING IN HARSH CONDITIONS: It’s waterproof and tough as nails. Annoying animals might think they have a leg up when the weather is not nice, but they couldn’t be more wrong. Your new security system will still be fully operational.
IF you’re looking for technology to save the day, we recommend going with this Gold Label Sonic Deterrent. This device emits a potent high-pitched sound indetectable to the human ear. However, it makes a racket for the rabbits. It’s like an alarm going off, and the rabbits flee. You get a 30-foot detection range and flashing red LEDs that emulate a predator’s eyes.
Budget Pick: Shake-Away Fox Urine Granules
- Takes advantage of the predator-prey relationship and prey animals' genetically programmed instinct of fear
- Non-toxic, organic method to reduce and often eliminate pest browsing problems
- Provides an easy way to apply time-released urine-impregnated granules
- Great for deterring rabbits, groundhogs and possums
If you’re looking for the best budget buy in this review, we recommend going for the Shake-Away Fox urine granules. This product is effective, and it has a great price tag. Shake-Away granules come impregnated with fox urine. As the granules dissolve, they release the odor into the air. It’s too light for your to smell, but the rabbits pick it up the second they hop into your yard. As a result, they tuck their tail and hop away somewhere else for their meal.
Rabbit Repellent Reviews
After reading through our top picks, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll also look at other rabbit repellants suitable for keeping these critters out of your yard.
Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence is a leader in yard protection. This company has a long history of providing top-quality pest repellants for your garden. This deer and rabbit repellant from liquid fence wins our award for the best rabbit repellant in this review.
This formula is rain resistant, meaning there’s no need for reapplication after a thunderstorm. You get long-lasting protection against the critters feeding on your flowers and shrubs. With this product, you make your initial application and then reapply a week later. After the first week, you can reapply once per month throughout the growing season.
This product is non-toxic to rabbits and deer; they just can’t stand the taste of the repellant, or its smell, making your flowers and shrubs unappealing. Rabbits and other critters don’t develop a tolerance or resistance to this repellant, and it’s safe to use year-round in warmer climates.
This concentrated formula comes ready to mix into your garden sprayer for easy application. Some of the Liquid Fence ingredients include garlic and putrescent egg solids, two substances that bunnies can’t stand. Make sure you apply to dry foliage for the best results with this product.
- Leading rabbit repellant brand.
- It contains natural ingredients creating an aversion to your plants.
- Non-toxic to animals, people, and pets.
- Long-lasting application.
- Easy mixing.
Gold Label Ultrasonic Rabbit Deterrent
Why go with a spray or granular pest repellant for your yard when you can use an electronic device instead? The hassle of spraying down your lawn and flowers takes hours during the month. With this Gold Label ultrasonic rabbit deterrent, you never have to lift a finger to keep those pesky critters out of your yard.
This deterrent system comes with a solar-powered operation. There’s no need to worry about changing batteries, and it charges in overcast weather as well. This model comes with adjustable frequencies to irritate rabbits, deer, and other pests roaming your yard.
Stake it into the ground, adjust your setting, and let the device do the rest. This deterrent comes with a 30-foot detection distance, emitting sound when it detects movement through its hyper-sensitive PIR motion detector.
When it detects a rabbit, the device release a high-pitched sound that inaudible to the human ear.
However, it’s an annoying and scary experience for the rabbit, causing them to flee your yard. Purchase a few of these devices and set them up around your yard at possible entrance points for rabbits.
The device also emits a flashing light from its LED, giving the rabbits a visual they find frightening, representing a predator’s eyes. This rabbit deterrent is weather-resistant, and it works in the rain. You also get a 90-day warranty included with your purchase.
- Easy to use, no chemical reapplication.
- Solar-powered for efficient operation.
- Protects up to 5,000-sq-ft.
- Flashing LEDs and high-pitched sounds.
- Stake design for portable use around the garden.
- Works on deer, rabbits, and rats.
- Adjustable frequency settings.
Shake-Away Fox Urine Granules
If there’s one animal a rabbit is afraid of, it’s a fox. Foxes are natural predators of rabbits in the wild, and they find them a tasty treat. As a result, all rabbits have a genetic memory of foxes, and that these predators present a severe threat to their life.
You can take advantage of the predator/prey relationship and use it to keep rabbits out of your yard. This product from Shake-Away contains granules infused with fox urine. When the rabbit smells the fox urine, they assume a predator is nearby, and they flee the scene, leaving your garden alone.
Shake-Away provides homeowners with an easy applicator tub; just shake the granules over the area you want to protect, and walk away. The granules provide a time-releasing action, keeping rabbits away from your garden for up to 3-months.
The granules in this formula consist of an inorganic porous material that swells, and it’s impervious to the weather, even in strong storms. As a result, you don’t have to reapply after the rain. Shake-Away is an effective product, and it has an excellent reputation online for driving all types of small critters out of your yard.
- Contains fox-urine for an effective deterrent.
- The granulated formula is rain-resistant for long-lasting protection.
- It gives rabbits the impression a fox is in your yard.
- Works on all small garden critters like mice, rats, and groundhogs.
I Must Garden Rabbit Repellent
This rabbit deterrent from I Must Garden is a great choice to protect your plants and shrubs. This liquid formula comes ready-mixed for spraying around your yard. I Must Garden is one of the top-trusted brands by gardeners for over a decade. You get a reliable and durable formula that provides excellent protection for your yard.
This product is rain-resistant, and you don’t have to keep reapplying after thunderstorms. The formula is non-toxic and not harmful to pets, pollinators, or people. This product contains natural, organic ingredients that taste and smell terrible to rabbits. However, the manufacturer includes a mint scent in the formula, and it won’t stink up your yard.
This rabbit deterrent is safe to use on newly budding flowers and plants, and it won’t cause any burning on foliage. It’s ideal for protecting perennials and annuals, as well as your veggie garden. You get a versatile formulation that suits uses anywhere in your yard.
It’s a somewhat expensive product, but it’s one of the few formulas dedicated to repelling rabbits. If you’re looking for an effective product that keeps rabbits away from your flowers and shrubs, we recommend going with this formula from I Must Garden.
- The dedicated formula for chasing away rabbits from your yard.
- Comes premixed, ready for application.
- Non-toxic to people., pollinators, and pets.
- Suitable for use on perennials and annuals.
- Long-lasting protection.
- Mint-scented formula to prevent smells.
Enviro Pro Rabbit Scram Repellent
This product is a great choice for keeping those ravenous rabbits out of your yard. This product is affordable, and it comes in a 6-pound pail, giving you enough repellant to treat the largest yards. Rabbit Scram is an effective product at ridding your yard of rabbits, with a potent formulation that bunnies detest.
This granular repellant requires no activation, and it works as soon as you spread it throughout your yard. The formula is non-toxic to pets, pollinators, and people, ensuring you don’t damage the local ecosystem and wildlife.
You’ll need to reapply rabbit scram if you have a period of weather where it doesn’t rain for a few weeks. Lack of moisture and strong sunlight may reduce the efficacy of Rabbit Scam. The 6-pound pail makes it excellent value for money and a great choice for the yard.
Apply Rabbit Scram as an 18-inch wide strip on entrances to your yard where rabbits are getting into your property. If you have high rabbit activity, you might want to extend the strip to 24-inches. Lightly dust the rest of the flowerbeds and lightly water after spraying to activate the formula.
Overall, this product offers you excellent value and protection for your yard.
- Large 6-pound pail.
- Effective at chasing away rabbits and small critters.
- Non-toxic to people and pets.
- Affordable and long-lasting.
Plantskydd Animal Repellent
If you have a large garden with a rabbit problem, we recommend going for this repellant from Plantskydd. This product covers up to 1,750-sq ft, with effective deterrence of rabbits and other small critters like gophers and rats.
This formula isn’t for the faint-hearted. It contains nothing but pure animal blood from bovine and porcine sources. Rabbits don’t like the smell of blood; it makes them think predators are lurking in your yard waiting to eat them. Even though it’s not rabbit blood, it strikes fear into the heart of any bunny entering your yard.
This product is durable and only requires reapplication every six to eight weeks. Each 3.5-lbs bottle contains enough repellant to cover 1,750-sq-ft. This formula contains nothing but organic ingredients and no harmful chemicals.
With this Plantskydd product, you get year-round control of rabbits, deer, elk, chipmunks, and other pesky garden critters. Start your first application in the dormant season and keep maintaining your garden throughout the summer and fall until winter’s first snowfalls.
This product is not harmful to pets, pollinators, or people. Featuring formulation in the United States, you know you’re getting a top-quality product, even if it is a bit expensive.
- Non-toxic formulation featuring bovine and porcine.
- Chases away rabbits with the smell of blood.
- Covers up to 1,750-sq-ft.
- Year-round protection.
- Long-lasting formula.
Nature’s Mace Rabbit Repellent
With a name like “Rabbit Mace,” you can guess that this product is not friendly to furry rodents. This bottle of Rabbit Mace overs up to 5,000-sq ft. It’s a concentrated product requiring dilution, and it’s ideal for spreading using a sprayer.
All Nature’s Mace products are biodegradable and non-toxic, making them safe for use around people, pets, and pollinators. There are no harmful ingredients in this formula that cause damage to the local ecosystem. Rabbit Mace uses a combination of scents and oils to create a product that makes your plants unappealing to rabbits.
You get year-round protection for your yard, and Rabbit Mace also works on smaller critters like rats and gophers. This product doesn’t wash off with the rain, giving you a long service life between applications. Use Rabbit Mace on all your plants, from perennials to annuals. The non-toxic formulation also makes it suitable for use in vegetable gardens.
You’ll need to apply Rabbit Mace and top-up your application a week later. Thereafter, you can reapply every four to six weeks, depending on local rainfall. It’s important to make the double application in the first two weeks, or you won’t get the full effect of Rabbit Mace on keeping the critters out of your yard.
- Liquid formulation for easy application.
- Non-toxic ingredients.
- Biodegradable formula.
- Coverage up to 5,000-sq-ft.
Tomcat Repellents Animal Repellent
This product from Tomcat Repellants is a great choice for protecting your yard from rabbits. This formulation contains natural ingredients, and it won’t cause any harm to kids, pets, and pollinators in your yard. It’s even safe to use in vegetable gardens.
This product relies on essential oils to provide the pungent odor that chases away the bunnies from your garden. This liquid formula is rain resistant, but you’ll need to make two applications in the first two weeks to prime the plants. Thereafter, you can step back on your applications to around once a month or every six weeks.
If you get a heavy rainstorm, you might need to replay the following day after your plants dry out. This Tomcat product comes in a unique applicator bottle, featuring a spray wand for easy distribution around your yard.
This product is effective at chasing away rabbits from your yard. However, the unique formulation effectively prevents other rodents and deer from chewing up your garden. Tomcat Repellents offer you a no-nonsense money-back guarantee on this product. It’s an affordable and effective product for keeping the rabbits away.
- Effective protection for your yard.
- Liquid-based biodegradable formula.
- Rain resistant.
- Spray bottle with applicator wand included.
- Money-back guarantee.
Other Best Selling Options
- Protect Vegetables And Flowers From Rabbits
- Apply As Protective Perimeter Or Evenly Spread Over Plants
- Brand Name: Enviro Pro
- No Assembly Required
- REPELS DEER AND RABBITS: Deer and rabbits don’t have to eat vegetation for the repellent to be effective—they have a natural aversion to the scent.
- GRANULAR FORMULA: Use to treat low-growing flower beds, landscaped ornamental gardens, ground cover and lawns.
- RAIN-RESISTANT: Granules starts to work immediately.
- HARMLESS TO PLANTS AND ANIMALS: Won’t harm plants and animals when used and stored as directed.
- APPLY YEAR-ROUND: No need to rotate with other repellent brands – animals’ natural aversion to Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent Granular2 will never diminish.
- REPELS DEER AND RABBITS: Deer and rabbits don’t have to eat vegetation for the repellent to be effective — they have a natural aversion to the scent.
- SPRAY ON PLANTS: Use to treat landscaped ornamental gardens, flowers, shrubs, trees and vines.
- RAIN RESISTANT: Ready-to-spray hose-end concentrate starts to work immediately.
- HARMLESS TO PLANTS AND ANIMALS: Won’t harm plants and animals when used and stored as directed.
- APPLY YEAR-ROUND: No need to rotate with other repellent brands – animals’ natural aversion to Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent Concentrate2 will never diminish.
- POWERFUL & EFFETIVE REPELLANT: Our Rabbit MACE formula is scientifically backed to have more active ingredients than any other rabbit repellents. We took the best products available and improved them to be more potent and powerful.
- 100% All-NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Our Rabbit repellent is strong and powerful because it uses a scientific combination of scents & odors found in nature.
- SAFE FOR USE: Nature’s MACE products are bio-degradable and non-toxic. Our spray is safe for use arounds plants, pets, vegetation and children. Feel confident in protecting your garden without using harmful chemical on vegetables and fruits.
- YEAR-ROUND PROTECTION: Repel unwanted Rabbits all season long weather its spring, summer, fall or winter. Our Spray will not wash off during rain, irrigation or normal use.
- 3LB GRANULAR: Our Rabbit MACE formula will effectively cover and repel 1,350 sq. ft. Protect your lawn, garden, garage, shed, and more.
- NATURAL REPELLENT. Repel by fresh scent derived from plant-based essential oils. Protect plants in your yard and garden from nibbling by deer and rabbits. A proven deer and rabbit feeding suppressant, stink-free, long-lasting, safe and effective
- LONG LASTING PROTECTION. Harmlessly coats your plants with scent which is unpleasant to deer and rabbits. The formula's efficacy will not fade. Its long-lasting fresh scent can repel deer up to 5 weeks and rabbits up to 9 weeks.
- SAFE TO USE. Made from natural ingredients with no harsh chemicals. No offensive odors or smells. Safe to spray directly on plants. Safe to use around kids and pets, when used as directed. One gallon will cover 500 sq. ft.
- EASY-TO-USE. Spray evenly on plant leaves, stems, and branches where the animal trails are closest to your plants. Reapply every 1 to 2 months, after heavy rains, or at signs of new damages. Use the extended wand (if available) for hard-to-reach surfaces
- MADE IN USA: Grandpa Gus's Sweet Smelling Deer & Rabbit Repellent Formula is produced in American. Grandpa Gus's products are covered by Gus's old-time handshake guarantee
Rabbit Repellent Buyer’s Guide
It’s a fine Saturday morning, and you wander out into the yard at 5 am to enjoy the sunrise and check on your new shrubs you planted yesterday. As you step out onto the lawn and take in the morning glory, you notice movement out of the corner of your eye coming from your flowerbeds.
You turn to look at the flowerbed and notice a rabbit scurrying off into the thickets. “Well, that’s cute,” you think. You wander over to the flowerbed, and that’s when you notice your shrubs are now only stumps sticking out of the ground – what happened?
Rabbits are ravenous eaters, and they love feeding on fresh leaves and bark of young shrubs. After examining the rest of your flowerbeds, you notice rabbit damage everywhere – great.
It’s time to kick this pesky critter out of your yard for good. If you’re tired of having rabbits chew away at your flowerbeds, it’s time to take action this summer.
In this section, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about choosing the best rabbit repellant for your yard.
What are the Characteristics of Rabbits?
North America is home to nine different species of rabbits. However, it’s the Eastern Cottontail that does the most damage to gardens across America.
The Eastern Cottontail rabbit ranges from Boulder to Boston and all the way south into Mexico. This bunny doesn’t enjoy hanging out in forests. Instead, it prefers making its home in bushy fence rows, along field edges and brush piles – and in your garden.
This rabbit has a taste for your flowers, and it also eats the bark of shrubs and small trees. However, if it finds your vegetable garden, it stumbles across a feast. The problem with rabbits is that they are habitual feeders, and they return to the same spot every day for their meal.
Therefore, if a rabbit takes a liking to your flowerbeds or vegetable garden, it will return until everything is eaten and destroyed. The Eastern Cottontail has grey or brown fur, with big ears and a short, fluffy tail. These rabbits get up to 15 to 19-inches in length, and they can weigh between two to four pounds.
These rabbits live for around 15-months, and they can do an amazing amount of damage to your garden in its lifetime. These rabbits also won’t dig out warrens or burrows., Instead, they take cover in piles of leaves or other animal burrows.
Rabbits typically come out of hiding in the low-light times of day at dusk and dawn, when they are less visible to predators. The Easter Cottontail is also sensitive to changing light conditions, and when the long days of spring and summer arrive, it means breeding and feeding for these bunnies.
How Do I Know Rabbits are in My Yard?
It’s relatively easy to tell if you have a rabbit problem in your yard. Rabbits are ravenous eaters, and they can feed for hours. Check the stems and leaves of your shrubs. Rabbits will chew away at the soft bark and eat the leaves of low-hanging shrubs.
Rabbits love eating the fresh green shoots of flowers and other plants. These furry critters have a taste for young plants, and if you planted anything recently, the bunny will have a look at it and decide if they want to devour it.
It’s rare to see a rabbit out in broad daylight. They typically hideaway during the day and become more active towards the end of the day or the early morning. Therefore, if you want to check your garden for rabbits, do it at these times.
Rabbits will graze on clover, flowers, beans, lettuce, vegetables, and anything else in your garden that is young and tender. After plants grow out of the seedling stage, they are less likely to end up as rabbit food. However, if the rabbit is hungry, it will eat anything it can get its paws on.
You’ll notice the first rabbit damage in your yard in the early spring. During this time, the rabbits are at their most active, looking to build energy for the breeding season.
What Plants Do Rabbits Avoid?
According to experts, rabbits rely on their taste preferences when selecting the plants they want to eat. They’ll look for prickles on leaves or signs of naturally poisonous plants and avoid eating those. The variety in your garden is like giving bunny access to a buffet, and they won’t stop eating until everything is gone.
Rabbits will avoid many of the same plants as deer and as pests like the Japanese beetle. Choose plants for your garden that are unappetizing to rabbits. Some of these plants include marigolds, lilac bush, forsythia, daffodils, snapdragons, and lavender.
However, as a gardener, you want to plant the flowers you enjoy. If they are destined for rabbit food, you’ll need to take preventative measures to stop the rabbits from feeding on your seedlings and young plants.
How Do I Keep Rabbits out of My Yard?
Keep rabbits out of your yard by using a high-quality rabbit repellent. All the options in this review are suitable for deterring rabbits from eating your plants.
Some products contain essential oils and extracts, while others rely on scents and pheromones to keep the rabbits at bay.
Choose a product that has a good reputation for keeping rabbits away. Many of the same formulas that work on rabbits are also useful for chasing away other small critters like squirrels, rats, and moles.
Should I Use Liquid or Granular Rabbit Deterrents?
Liquid rabbit repellents are easy to use and apply to your plants. They offer the best protection because they coat your plants. If the rabbit decides to take a taste, it will be a foul supper they’ll avoid eating.
Granular deterrents are also effective at keeping rabbits out of your yard. Unlike liquid products, they typically require fewer applications during the spring and summer.
Avoid Using Toxic Products in Your Yard
Always ensure you’re purchasing a rabbit repellant with a non-toxic formula. Rabbits are prey for other animals like cougars and foxes. If you poison the rabbit and it dies outside of your property, a predator may eat it if they are hungry.
As a result, they ingest the toxins, and the secondary poisoning will kill the animal, jeopardizing the local ecosystem. Non-toxic rabbit repellants are readily available, and they work well at keeping rabbits out of your yard.
Rabbit Repellent FAQs
Does human urine keep rabbits out of your yard?
Yes, rabbits don’t like the smell of human urine. They view people as predators, and they’ll stay far away from any urine smells. Human urine is one of the most effective repellants you get, and some experts say it’s the only one that works.
How can I prevent rabbits from destroying my flowerbeds?
There are several ways you can protect your garden against a rabbit takeover. Adding barriers around your plants like chicken wire fencing is adequate for temporary protection.
However, the rabbits will dig under the fence if they really want to get to your plants. A dog in your yard will also help to scare off rabbits.
What natural smells drive away rabbits?
Rabbits are averse to a range of smells. They don’t enjoy the smell of blood, and they also don’t like the smell of garlic, hot peppers, or vinegar.
Sprinkling these ingredients on the ground around your plants acts as a natural defense against rabbits. However, these natural solutions are nowhere near as effective as a dedicated rabbit repellant formula.
Where can I buy the best rabbit repellent?
Pick up your rabbit repellant from Amazon, the world’s leading retailer. Amazon has an extensive range and the best prices online.
If you’re a Prime member, you get fast, free shipping, and buyer protection on your order. All products on Amazon come with hassle-free returns if you have any problems with your repellant.
Rabbit Repellents – The Verdict
Having rabbits chew up your garden is a frustrating experience. If you spend hundreds of dollars on plants, you should invest in some protection for your yard. After reading through the reviews, you probably have an idea of the right rabbit repellant for your garden.
However, with so many good options, we understand if you’re struggling to settle on your purchase decision. If you’re finding it hard to settle on the right repellant for your yard, why not go with one of our top picks?
Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent is our top choice for the best overall rabbit repellant in this review. You get a liquid formulation that’s non-toxic and easy to use. Two applications a week apart is all it takes to give your garden long-lasting protection.
The Gold Label Ultrasonic Rabbit Deterrent is a great choice for a technology solution to your rabbit problem. This device features a PIR motion detector, picking up rabbit movements as they enter the detection range. The device emits a frequency that scares away rabbits. The red LEDs also emulate predator eyes in your yard, scaring away the bunny.
If you’re looking for the most affordable solution in this review, we recommend going with Shake-Away Fox Urine Granules. This product uses urine-infused granules as a deterrent for rabbits. When the bunny arrives in your yard, it smells the fox urine, assumes a predator is in the garden and runs away.