If this is your first Xmas dressing up the exterior of your home, you’re going to need some assistance choosing the best outdoor Christmas decorations for your yard. We decided to save you some time, putting together a selection of the best decorations we could find online.
Our curated list of decorations has something for everyone. Pick one option, or take them all! After reading through the reviews, check out our buyer’s guide for some handy tips on setting up your outdoor Xmas display.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Christmas Decorations Reviews
- 2.1 ALOVECO Christmas Snowflake Projector Light
- 2.2 MAOYUE Christmas Inflatables
- 2.3 HUGSVIK 30-foot LED Solar Christmas Lights
- 2.4 FUNARTY Christmas Wreath
- 2.5 URATOT 8-Pack Christmas Yard Signs
- 2.6 TANG LED Waterfall Christmas Cone Tree Lights
- 2.7 YIQU LED Christmas Tree String Lights
- 2.8 Outdoor Nativity Store Nativity Set
- 2.9 Sunnyglade 3-Pack Christmas Light Gift Boxes
- 2.10 Peanuts Charlie Brown and Snoopy Christmas Light
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Outdoor Christmas Decorations Buyers Guide
- 5 What are the Types of Outdoor Christmas Decorations?
- 6 Outdoor Decorating Tips for the Festive Season
- 7 How Do I Pack Away My Christmas Decorations?
- 8 Stay Safe When Setting Up Your Xmas Display
- 9 Involve the Family in the Xmas Fun!
- 10 Christmas Decoration FAQs
- 11 Christmas Decorations – The Verdict
If you can’t wait to start the party, you probably don’t have time to read through all the reviews. That’s okay; we researched for you and put together this list of our top picks. Choose one, or take them all, it’s up to you.
Best Pick: ALOVECO Christmas Snowflake Projector Lights
- 【2020 UPGRADE Projectors Lights】: Upgraded! ALOVECO LED Christmas Projector Light show the "Snowflake" + "Snowfall" +"Small Snowflake" together with a wide projection range than others! Unlike other snowflake projectors, there are more white rotating snowflakes made to mimic the look of falling snow with big snowflake, even if you live somewhere that doesn't get quite cold enough for snow you can still enjoy the beauty of a White Christmas.
- 【High Quality LED Chip】: Made of high brightness LED lights, your neighbors will be seeing beautiful clearly defined snowflake snowfall images on your house, garage at night.Watching from a window as dozens of snowflakes descend and coat the streets around you is one of the most magical moments of the season. So why not create the magical moment yourself?
- 【Remote Operation & Roating】: Include a wireless remote controller that allows you to control the projector's functions from 10M distance, very convenient! You also can change the Rotating Modes by the remote: ON/OFF, FLASH+, FLASH-, MOTOR+, MOTOR-. The remote control has a memory function (no need to repeat settings) and "Timer" function: 2Hrs, 4Hrs, 6Hrs.
- 【Indoor Outdoor Projector Lights】: We've seen how great a snowflake projector can look on the outside of your home, but what if you want to continue that theme indoors? Well, you can! Deck the halls or deck your walls with this chic snowflake projector. Waterproof IP65 will survive even the harshest of weather situations. Come with 7M/23ft cord that will easily reach most outside home outlets from where you set it up.
- 【After-sale& Certification】: 18 Month After-sale, if you have any problem with our Christmas Snowflake Snowfall Projector Lights pls don't hesitate to contact us then we will supply you best after-service! Our christmas projector light have CE、FCC、ROHS Certification, and we have European and American appearance patents.
Everyone wants a white Christmas, but sometimes it doesn’t snow. Create the illusion of snowflakes falling to the ground with this fantastic projector. It’s lightweight and compact design makes for easy setup anywhere around the home. You get a wireless remote with a 30-foot range, and mode rotation, allowing the projector to cycle through different effects. This model comes with a memory function and timer with a waterproof IP65 rating. The 23-foot power cord and adjustable projector angle give you a versatile position suitable for set up on the porch, in the yard, or the driveway.
Premium Pick: MAOYUE Christmas Inflatables
- PERFECT DESIGN FOR CHRISTMAS YARD DECORATION. Christmas is come. Do you want to add some fun to your yard? This 7ft Christmas inflatable tree is the best choice. An adorable, kid friendly style. The perfect size enough to stand indoors or use outdoors!
- INFLATABLE CHRISTMAS TREE WITH LED LIGHTS. Super bright white led lights built inside the blow up Christmas decorations, light up in the evening to attract neighbors and guests. Perfectly appeal to younger kids.
- MORE STABLE FOR OUTDOOR USE. Thickened waterproof polyester fabric. Soft, light and firm, wear-resistant. Built-in fixed sandbag, 3 tethers and 5 stakes are included to secure to the ground. No need to worry that this Christmas yard inflatable will fly away with the wind.
- EASY TO SET UP & INFLATES IN SECONDS. Complete installation accessories are all included. Just plug this inflatable tree in, it has a built-in fan and in only seconds it will be fully inflated, then secure it to the ground, ready to add all your neighbors more fun over how cute it is!
- NO-RISK PURCHASE! UNCONDITIONAL ONE-YEAR MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. If you're unsatisfied with these Christmas inflatables for any reason, you could return them. We'll immediately refund your purchase price. If you have any question, please feel free to contact our customer service team.
Why go to the hassle of buying a tree every year? You can create the same visual effect and theme using inflatable decorations. This inflatable set from MAOYUE comes with everything you need. You get an integrated blower for easy setup, as well as built-in LEDs for a bright visual display. This model comes with three guy ropes and five stakes, making for weather and wind-resistant design. This tree inflates in seconds and looks great on the lawn, bringing Xmas cheer to your front yard. This tree comes with presents, and a Santa included in the design, covering all the elements of Xmas in one decoration.
Budget Pick: HUGSVIK 30Ft 50 LED Solar Christmas Lights
- [★Solar Snowflake Lights String] --- Auto-on and Auto-recharged function, super low maintenance. It turns ON and OFF on its own automatically.
- [8 Different Lighting Modes] --- Christmas snowflake lights can be set to combination, in wave, sequential, slo glo, flash, slow fade, twinkle, steady on. adds charm to Christmas holiday.
- [★Cold White Snowflake String Lights] --- Fairy tale snowflake theme Christmas decoration, adds more winter cool feelings for Christmas festival, winter holiday, New year.
- [★Waterproof Christmas Snowflake Lights] --- Perfect for outdoor Christmas tree, balcony, railing, patio, garden, backyard, outdoor tree decor.
- ★Twinkle snowflake solar christmas lights for Christmas, New Year, Wedding, Thanksgiving day, Party, Winter Theme Decor.
Create a Xmas theme in your yard by stringing up some of these outdoor solar snowflake lights. These LEDs are bright and white, giving a shimmering effect to your trees, bushes, and shrubs. They’re easy to hang, with a 30-foot cord for goo coverage of your yard. These affordable Xmas lights feature eight lighting modes and waterproof design. The solar-powered design charges during the day, keeping your lights running all night. This decoration is great value for money and the best budget buy in this review.
Christmas Decorations Reviews
Now that you have an introduction to the best outdoor Christmas decorations let’s unpack them further. We’ll also look at seven other decorations we think will make your yard look fantastic this festive season. Choose a few decorations, or take them all and turn your yard into a winter wonderland.
ALOVECO Christmas Snowflake Projector Light
Turn your home into a winter wonderland this Christmas. This outdoor snowflake projector takes the top honors of the best overall outdoor Christmas decoration in this review.
With this model, you get a wide-angle LED lens, with excellent coverage. The three snowflake modes provide versatile use, and the adjustable head angle provides a custom setup for your yard. This projector features powerful LED chip technology and comes with a remote control operation.
The long 23-foot power cord lets you set it up anywhere on the porch or in the yard. This projector comes with IP65 water resistance for outdoor use.
- Wide-angle projector
- Multiple modes
- Long power cord
- Remote control with timer function
- IP65 Waterproof rating
- High-quality LED chip
- Adjustable display angle
MAOYUE Christmas Inflatables
If you want to bring some brightness and cheer into your yard this festive season, check out this set by MAOYUE.
You get an inflatable Christmas tree with presents, and a Santa theme included. There’s no need to go to the hassle of buying a real tree for the yard this year. With this inflatable model, you get a durable solution that lasts for dozens of Christmas celebrations.
This inflatable features a 7-foot total height, with bright, colorful LEDs lighting up the display at night. This model comes with an integrated blower for easy setup, and you get stakes and tethers included for a wind-resistant structure.
- Easy setup and storage
- Bright, colorful LEDs
- Complete Xmas theme with a tree, presents, and Santa
- Stakes and tethers for wind resistant
- Integrated blower
- One-year guarantee
- 7-foot height
HUGSVIK 30-foot LED Solar Christmas Lights
Dress up your trees and shrubs in your front yard using this chain of LED snowflake lights. These lights are affordable, featuring solar-powered operation.
The battery charges while the sun is out during the day. If it’s an overcast day, you’ll still get enough power to last an entire night.
These Xmas lights come with a cool-white LED design for a snowflake effect and waterproofing for outdoor use.
You get a 30-foot wire featuring 50 bright LEDs and eight lighting modes. This light string is a great choice for decorating trees or shrubs or hand them in the windows for a fantastic visual effect.
- Beautiful LED design
- Attractive bright white light
- Eight lighting modes
- Solar-powered operation
- Waterproof rating
- 30-foot wire length with 50 LEDs
FUNARTY Christmas Wreath
A Christmas wreath is one of the most traditional Xmas decorations you can find. We like this model from FUNARTY. You get a 22-inch diameter for your wreath, with a five-inch thickness.
This wreath comes with battery-powered operation, and it’s easy to set up anywhere around the home. We think this wreath makes for a spectacular decoration for your front door, with 50 warm LEDs to light up your front porch.
The wreath comes with a waterproof and weather-resistant design, featuring fade-proof material resistant to UV rays. You get an attractive finish with holly, pinecones, and expandable leaves.
- Traditional design with holly and pinecones
- 50 warm LEDs
- Battery-powered operation
- Waterproof design
- Expandable wreath leaves
- 22-inch diameter with 5-inch thickness
- Good choice for the front door
URATOT 8-Pack Christmas Yard Signs
If you’re looking for an affordable way o decorate your front yard this festive season, this set is for you. With the URATOT 8-pack of Christmas character signs, you get a bright and cheery Christmas theme for your lawn.
This set comes with eight figures, including all the Christmas characters you would expect. There’s a Santa, reindeer, Christmas bells, and much more. The signs feature design and construction with corrugated PVC plastic for weather-resistance and waterproofing.
This bright and colorful yard sign collection is all you need for celebrating Xmas this year. The signs all feature stakes for wind-proof use.
- Dress up your yard for Xmas
- 8-pack yard signs
- Xmas theme with different designs
- Stakes included for wind resistance
- Corrugated plastic waterproof design
- Bright and colorful
TANG LED Waterfall Christmas Cone Tree Lights
This large LED Christmas tree decoration is the ideal choice for homeowners with trees in their yard. Connect the tree to a branch, and let it hang.
The beautiful light display takes the form of a Xmas tree, with a modern hint. This decoration is a great choice for homes with a modern or contemporary design.
You get a large, 8-foot size for your Xmas tree light display, with a 16-foot, weatherproof extension cord included.
This model comes with an IP65 waterproof rating and a 7-inch star on the top of the tree. This tree is compatible with 110-Volt connections and 24-Volt outputs.
- Attractive modern design
- 8-foot x 5-foot size
- 16-foot extension cord included
- Ten light strings
- 7-inch craft star on top
- Waterproof and wind resistance
YIQU LED Christmas Tree String Lights
If you’re looking for value for money with your Xmas lighting, we recommend going with the TIQU Christmas string lights.
Dress up your porch with this 66-foot light string, and connect it to other sets for a mesmerizing visual effect in your yard this festive season.
You get 200 warm-light LEDs included with this decoration, and eight lighting modes allowing you to switch between waves, sequential lights, slow-glow, flashing, slow-fade, twinkle, and steady-on.
These lights come with a waterproof design; use them to dress up the trees and shrubs in your yard.
- Eight lighting modes
- 66-foot light wire
- Extendable with up to five strings
- 200 warm LEDs
- Multi-use design
Outdoor Nativity Store Nativity Set
Consider this Nativity set from the Outdoor Nativity Store if you want to add a religious theme to your outdoor Xmas decorations.
You get a 44-inch max height for this display, with a 24-inch Mary and Joseph. The figures come with stakes for easy setup, featuring a corrugated PVC design for weather resistance and a no-fade design. All you need is a mallet, and you’ll have the display set up in minutes.
Pack it away in the box for compact storage till next year. This set features design and construction in the USA.
- Traditional religious design
- Large design
- Measures 58″ wide x 44″ high to the top of the star
- PVC plastic design for weather and fade resistance
- Add-ons available for extending the scene
- Stakes included for wind resistance
- Made in the USA
Sunnyglade 3-Pack Christmas Light Gift Boxes
Give the gift of Xmas cheer to your neighborhood this year with this set of Xmas present lights. You get a hollow iron design that’s sturdy and pleasing on the eyes, with a gold finish and red ribbons.
These classic Christmas colors accent the warm LEDs in the display, creating an impressive visual effect. You get 60 warm LEDs, with a battery-powered operation for convenience. You get a power cord included with your purchase for corded operation.
- Hollow iron design
- Battery-powered operation
- 60 warm LEDs
- A great choice for the porch
- Available in four color designs
Peanuts Charlie Brown and Snoopy Christmas Light
We wrap up our review of the best outdoor Christmas decorations with this Peanuts display. If you’re a fan of the 1965 classic, then this decoration is a must-have for this festive season.
You get a durable wire frame for impact and weather resistance, with a cloth covering. The structure houses 70 warm LEDs providing a stunning visual effect when the display lights up at night.
This 32-inch display comes with a flatback design for a streamlined look, and a power cable included with your purchase.
- Traditional Peanuts theme
- Classic caroling scene
- 70 warm LEDs
- Power cable included
- Durable metal frame
- Flat-back design for a slimline profile
- 32-inches tall
Other Best Selling Options
- Officially licensed Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer yard decoration
- Fun and festive statue features a classic Bumble wrapped in Christmas lights and wearing a Santa hat
- Constructed of a durable steel frame covered in a soft and colorful fabric for a whimsical look
- Statue is pre-lit from inside by 80 clear LED lights and is perfect to use during the day or night for a great display
- Measures 32" x 16.55" x 8.25"
- Pack of 10 Light your way with colorful pathway markers! You'll create a fun and festive look instantly with these holiday bulbs. Perfect for your walkway, driveway, flower bed and more.
- Extra large christmas peppermint stand, measures 44 x 11 inches for yard decorations.
- Made of waterproof and weather resistant corrugated plastic.Come with wooden/metal stakes and bows.
- Marker on the path to your house to welcome your guests and Christmas Carolers!
- Easy to set up and detach. Insert two stakes between each sign, tie the bows, and press stand into the ground to display.
- Check my store MORDUN for more holiday decorations & gifts.
- PERFECT CHRISTMAS OUTDOOR DECORATIONS.Start by hanging the star on the top of your tree. Then attach the nine lines little star lights to the biggest star and let them drape to the ground, following the shape of the tree.It looks like star glittering in the night sky. It will be a beautiful addition to your outdoor decorations
- 8 DIFFERENT MODES & TIMER CONTROL. Flashing, twinkle, waves, sequential, slow-glow, chasing, slow fade and steady on. Choose one, or change the mode every now and then for fun, creating a romantic atmosphere. The power adapter built-in 6-hour automatic timer, it will turn off after 6 hours of lighting and light up again after 18 hours
- OUTDOOR USE. These lights work great with trees from around 8 feet to 13 feet tall. But if you don't have a tree like that to adorn. You can use it on the side of your house. Just hang the big star about 10 feet up on an exterior wall, and then drape the 9 star string lights down to the ground
- AN EASY TO INSTALL FAIRY DECORATIONS FOR TREES. Embellish your house or garden with cheerful lights is one of the most classic ways of dressing up your property for the special occasion. But winding many lights around and through all the branches of a tree can be a real chore. With this lighted stars, you'll have a better way to fill a tree that not only looks better than other methods, but is far easier to do as well
- RELIABLE 1 YEAR CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you're unsatisfied with this Christmas star lights for any reason, please feel free to contact us and we will give you a satisfactory solution
- PERFECT CHRISTMAS OUTDOOR DECORATIONS. Start by hanging the star on the top of your tree. Then attach the nine lines little star lights to the biggest star and let them drape naturally to the ground, following the shape of the tree.It looks like star glittering in the night sky. It will be a beautiful addition to your outdoor decorations.
- 8 DIFFERENT MODES MEET DIVERSE NEED. Flashing, twinkle, waves, sequential, slow-glow, chasing, slow fade and steady on. Choose one, or change the mode every now and then for fun, creating a romantic atmosphere. The power adapter built-in 6-hour automatic timer, it will turn off after 6 hours of lighting and light up again after 18 hours.
- IP44 WATERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR USE. These lights work great with trees from around 8 feet to 13 feet tall. But if you don't have a tree like that to adorn. You can create a "virtual tree" on the side of your house. Just hang the big star about 10 feet up on an exterior wall, and then drape the 9 star string lights down to the ground. IP44 waterproof makes it perfect for outdoors.
- AN EASY TO INSTALL FAIRY DECORATIONS FOR TREES. Embellish your house or garden with cheerful lights is one of the most classic ways of dressing up your property for the special occasion. But winding many lights around and through all the branches of a tree can be a real chore. With this lighted stars, you'll have a better way to fill a tree that not only looks better than other methods, but is far easier to do as well.
- RISK-FREE SHOPPING, 100% SATISFACTION: As long as you are not 100% satisfied, we will refund you unconditionally. Make shopping more enjoyable and make shopping risk-free. Order it now to light up your Christmas!
Outdoor Christmas Decorations Buyers Guide
With the festive season almost upon us, it’s not going to be long before stores start dressing up windows, and Christmas music starts playing on the radio. The festive season is a time of Yuletide cheer, where the family and the community get together to celebrate our heritage and values.
One of the best parts about Christmas is the excitement it creates at the 25th draws closer. People start to unwind and get into the holiday spirit as the snow begins to fall, and the smell of cookies baking in the oven waft through your home.
Celebrating Christmas is a tradition for most Americans, with millions taking part in the festivities each year. Those that do celebrate the holiday dress up a tree in the corner, sprinkle it with tinsel, add a star on top, and it’s over.
However, you might want to take it a step further this year with an outdoor display. Outdoor Christmas decorations are a great way to get the whole neighborhood involved with the joy of the season. Lights and displays are great ways to make a spectacle of your yard.
After reading through the best outdoor Christmas decorations reviews, you probably have your eye on a few items.
If you’re looking to narrow down your choices to a handful, this section is for you. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about picking the right decorations for your yard display.
We’ll also look at some safety tips for hanging your decorations to keep you out of the emergency room this festive season.
What are the Types of Outdoor Christmas Decorations?
There are dozens of Christmas decorations to choose from for your display. It’s rough looking through thousands of listings to find something you like. Here are the types of Christmas decorations available. Choose the style that matches your home and your yard.
- Santa and His Sleigh – Santa is the quintessential Christmas figure. His cheery red and white outfit and white beard all the hallmarks of the season. Many homeowners choose to use Santa and his sleigh for a centerpiece attraction for the yard display.
- Polar Bears, Penguins, and Reindeer – These Arctic animals are another sign of the festive season. Decorating your yard with images of these creatures helps to spread the Xmas theme.
- Outdoor Xmas Projector – AS projector is a modern technology helping you celebrate a historical religious tradition. Some models come with multi-functional displays, while others stick to a specific theme. Projectors are more affordable than you think. They offer a classy way of decorating your home, with easy setup and takedown.
- Large Xmas Lights – Large outdoor Christmas lights bring light and cheer to your yard and your Xmas display. Choose a theme, whether it’s multi-colored, warm, or cool white light. Go with LED models for the best performance and service life.
- Fairy Xmas Lights – Fairy lights come on long strings, providing a subtle lighting effect. Available in different lengths, LED counts, colors, and brightness.
- Christmas Baubles – Baubles are another staple for decorating Xmas trees. If you’re using an outdoor tree this year, check for weatherproof baubles at your favorite online retailer.
- Christmas Wreaths – Wreaths are another staple for Christmas decorations. Hang them on doors, or use them as table settings. Look for models featuring LED lighting and battery-powered operation.
- Outdoor Xmas Trees – Outdoor Xmas trees help you celebrate the festive season with your neighbors. Why go to the hassle of buying a real tree, only to see it wither away. Cleaning up after a real tree is a mission – so why not go plastic?
- Yard Xmas Signs – Choose a set of yard signs for a pre-set Xmas theme that looks fantastic. These signs come with stakes for secure installation on your lawn and wind resistance.
- Inflatables – Blow-up decorations come in various styles, sizes, and designs to suit any Xmas theme.
- Candy Canes – Candy canes are another hallmark of the North Pole and Polar Bears, Santa, and his reindeer.
- Tinsel – Decorate window sills, porches, and outdoor trees with this bright, colorful decoration.
- Religious Displays – Nativity sets are a good choice for anyone wishing to commemorate the holiday’s spiritual side.
Outdoor Decorating Tips for the Festive Season
Now that you know all the outdoor Christmas decorations, let’s look at some decorating tips to get your yard looking great this festive season.
- Don’t Get Too Loud – Don’t clutter your yard with too many decorations. Stick to a theme and create a display that has curb appeal.
- Don’t Overuse Xmas Statues – Keep your Christmas figures and characters to a minimum. Focus on a Santa or Nativity display, and decorate around it for the best effect.
- Remember to Fasten Your Decorations Properly – Secure your decorations properly to prevent them from blowing away in the wind.
- Select a Focal Point for Your Outdoor Xmas Display – Choose a focal point of the yard to set up your display. Avoid areas close to trees, and make sure you can see the decorations from the road.
- Set a Simple Theme – Not everyone needs to be Clarke Griswold, shutting down the neighborhood with a Xmas display. Start small and create a subtle theme. Build on that if you feel you need to enhance the visual effect of the display.
- Pick the Right Lighting for Your Display – Choose the right color scheme for your lights that best reflects your theme.
- Get All the Hardware Before You Start – Save yourself the hassle of having to run down to the hardware store halfway through setting up your display.
- Decorate Smart and Start at the Bottom – When setting up your Xmas display, start at the bottom and work your way up. Place your figurines and signs on the lawn first, and decorate with lights. Move onto the trees and shrubs in your yard, and finish on the porch and the front door.
- Test – Before you are storing up your lights, test them first.
- Involve the Family – Get the kids involved with the fun and create some magical Xmas memories.
How Do I Pack Away My Christmas Decorations?
After the fun of the festive season fades and the 5th of January rolls around, it’s time to take down the decorations.
Packing everything away till the end of the year might seem like a deflating experience. However, it’s a new year with new goals, and you’ll feel invigorated after all the seasonal fun with family and friends.
Make sure you have a plan for taking down your decorations and storage arranged before you start. We put together these tips for the successful storage of your decorations until Xmas comes around in December.
- Storing Xmas Lights – Use a square piece of cardboard or an empty kitchen towel roll to wind up your lights. Keeping the cardboard between the folds helps prevent the tangling of the cable. Secure the line using twist-ties to prevent it from coming undone in storage. Use this hack to save yourself hours of frustration next Xmas.
- Storing Xmas Trees – If you’re storing plastic or inflatable Xmas trees, keep the original packaging. The box makes for convenient storage space. We recommend wrapping the parcel in a plastic bag to prevent dust and water from getting at it during the year.
- Storing Ornaments, Figures, and Wreaths – Make sure that you avoid storing anything wooden in the basement. Dryers and washing machines can create a somewhat humid environment, damaging your decorations. When string wreaths, keep the original packaging and remember to wrap it in plastic before storing it. Other smaller decorations can fit in airtight plastic crates until next Christmas.
- Label Your Decorations – Make sure you label all the boxes, so you know where everything is next year.
- Hang Trees on Hooks – Are your larger decorations like plastic trees are taking up floor space? Hang them from the rafters of your garage using hooks.
- Store Your Inflatables Separately – The last thing you want is to puncture it during storage.
- Use Bubble Wrap – Wrap up items like baubles and other fragile decorations in bubble wrap before storing.
Stay Safe When Setting Up Your Xmas Display
Please stay safe this festive season. It might shock you to learn that more than 300-people pass away every year due to ladder accidents. Before you haul the ladder out of the garage and start climbing, check out these festive season decorating tips.
Top Ladder Safety Tips
Always take precautions to avoid accidents when using a ladder. A ladder might seem like a harmless piece of equipment, but it can leave you paralyzed if you don’t give it the respect it deserves during use. Follow these safety tips before climbing.
- Make sure you set up the ladder and inspect it before use. Look that the locking mechanism works, and there are no bent rungs.
- Place the base of the ladder on a stable, solid surface.
- Never place anything under the base of the ladder or sit the ladder on something else to raise the height.
- Extension ladders should reach three-feet past your decorating point.
- Never climb on the last three rungs of the ladder.
- Leave the base of the ladder at least four feet from the wall or tree when climbing.
- Always have someone holding the base of the ladder for support.
- Have your helper keep a cellphone in their pocket in case of emergencies.
- Maintain three points of contact with the ladder when climbing and working.
- Never stand on the top rung of the ladder.
- Never move the ladder while someone is using it.
- Avoid overloading your ladder’s weight capacity.
- Never set up or climb the ladder near electrical hazards.
When setting up your outdoor Christmas decorations, follow these guidelines for the best results.
- Always hand your Christmas lights during the day, you won’t be able to see at night, and using a torch is risky.
- Never hang your Xmas decorations if a storm is on the horizon.
- Get weather alerts on your cellphone and plan your decorating in good weather.
- Make sure you have a decorating plan before you start.
- Follow manufacturer guidelines for linking light chains.
Involve the Family in the Xmas Fun!
It’s always good to have a helping hand around when setting up your outdoor Xmas decorations. Grab the kids and let them give you a hand. Give them a chance to explore their creativity and put their mark on the display.
Involving your kids in the exercise helps them receive a sense of accomplishment from helping you out. Look at you, teaching life lessons and celebrating traditional family holiday values. God Bless America this Christmas.
Christmas Decoration FAQs
Is it bad luck to decorate before December?
There is no official date for setting up your Christmas display. Stores get at it early, dressing windows in early November in preparation for the festive shopping rush. However, most homeowners put their decorations up between the 15th to the 23rd of December. This strategy syncs with the Advent – but it’s up to you.
What are the most popular outdoor Christmas decorations?
Lights are the most popular outdoor Xmas decorations.
When do I take down my outdoor Christmas decorations?
You’ll take down the decorations after the 12-days of Christmas end on the 5th of January. The 5th of January is “Kings Day,” and it’s tradition to take down your display on this day. Taking down your decorations a day early or late is bad luck for the year ahead.
Where do I buy the best outdoor Christmas decorations?
We recommend purchasing the best outdoor Christmas decorations at Amazon. This online retailer has the best product range and prices, with free, fast shipping for Prime members. You get hassle-free returns and excellent customer service with Amazon.
Christmas Decorations – The Verdict
By now, you should have a good idea of the best outdoor Christmas decorations for your yard. However, we realize it’s challenging to settle on a few items for your outdoor Xmas display. If you’re having trouble settling on your decisions, why not go with a few of our top picks?
The ALOVECO Christmas Snowflake Projector Light is a great way to create a winter wonderland in your yard this festive season. This projector comes with a snowfall theme and different lighting modes to switch up the effect. You get powerful LEDs, remote control, a long power cable, and an adjustable angle for easy setup.
The MAOYUE Christmas Inflatable set wins our award for the best premium outdoor Xmas decorations. Why go to the expense and hassle of getting a real tree for your yard this year? This inflatable model helps you show your support for the festive season. You get integrated LEDs and a built-in blower for easy setup.
The HUGSVIK 30Ft 50 LED Solar Christmas Light set is the best budget buy in this review. You get a 30-foot wire length that features 50 cool-white LEDs for a mesmerizing visual effect. These lights come with eight lighting modes and solar-powered operation.