When summer rolls around, backyard get-togethers are the norm. You invite your closest friends, family members, and neighbors to enjoy a nice barbecue meal or sit together by the campfire when night falls.
Yet, heat and rain can put a damper on your outdoor parties. Gazebos are great for providing some outdoor shelter while also making your backyard look a little fancier at the same time.
Not just any gazebo will do, however. So, we’re going to spend a little time going over some of the best gazebos you can buy right now and what you need to know about gazebos before you make the big investment.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Top 6 Gazebo Reviews
- 3 Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo
- 4 COOL Spot 11’x11′ Pop-Up Gazebo
- 5 Other Best-Selling Options
- 6 Gazebo Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Gazebo FAQ
- 8 Conclusion
Best Pick: EliteShade 10×13 feet Sunbrella Titan
- Sunbrella Canopy:The EliteShade Titan is topped with a weather-resistant, sunlight filtering, fade-resistant Sunbrella canopy which can last 5 years. buy cheapy, you buy many times, EliteShade gazebo builds for last. There’s even a clever wind vent to mitigate wind damage. This canvas canopy is reinforced on the corners for added durability and longevity.
- Durable Construction:Made of all corrosion-free materials. The frame is constructed of powder-coated, heavy-gauge extruded aluminum. Can be bolted to concrete or a wooden deck via concealed anchor plates. Wrapped in artisan-woven wicker in coffee bean color.
- Easy assembly:Assembles in 2-3 hours with 1-2 people. Featuring patented connectors for easy assembly. Very easy to read pictured assembly instructions. Requires only household tools. Comes with the needed wrenches.Dimensions: 10 x 13 x 10 feet; Overall Weight: 134 pounds
- The post of cheap gazebos in the market mainly made by just connecting two pieces of steel plates together,and this sturture will break very easily in wind or assemble. Elite Shade Titan Gazebo, our posts are made out of full aluminium and wrapped by ratten. They are strong, rust-free, elegent and more importantly, they match your ratten or textilene or wooden furniture well.
- Enjoy the Outdoors:Perfect for creating ideal outdoor lounging, this gazebo offers 130 square feet of outdoor living space.This gazebo will offer you years of use.
This gazebo is, by far, the best long-term gazebo solution for your yard. It’s made of extremely durable heavy-duty aluminum that won’t rust or wear with time. Plus, you can be sure that this gazebo will stay put with the option to bolt the poles into concrete or wood.
Premium Pick: Kozyard Alexander Gazebo
- Dark brown colored rustproof aluminum frame, which is very strong and sturdy, built with 4.7“x4.7" triangular aluminum stand pole，much bigger and stronger than standard models. All materials are built to last, never becoming rusty or deformed.
- Hard metal top instead of normal fabric or polycarbonate material.
- Extremely durable PBV-coated polyester mosquito netting and removable steel railing on 4 sides. Double Track System allows you to add another layer of privacy sidewall. Include 2 layers sidewalls (mosquito set and strong 180gsm polyester solid sidewall)
- Better ventilated than one layer design. Galvanized steel roof strong enough to withhold any heavy snow.
- Better water gutter design to ensure rainwater always goes to the corner
Open your wallet just a little further and you’ll get one of the best gazebos out there. This gazebo comes with a hard-top (instead of a canopy), so it’s one of the sturdiest and most weatherproof gazebos around. You’ll also love the mosquito netting and privacy sidewalls.
Budget Pick: AmazonBasics Outdoor Pop Up Gazebo
- Pop-up, foldable gazebo for outdoor gatherings, parties, picnics, and more; includes case for easy transport and storage
- Weather-resistant 100% polyester canopy protects from the sun and rain
- Rust-resistant powder-coated steel frame offers support and stability; not for use in windy and inclement weather conditions
- Durable mosquito netting can be tied back or draped down to keep bugs at bay
- Easy to clean and assemble, with instructions and necessary hardware components included; recommended to be firmly fixed to the ground with included rope and ground stakes.
Why spend a ton of money on a permanent gazebo when there are pop-up gazebos? This gazebo is very easy on the wallet and is very simple to set up and take down, sometimes within a matter of minutes. And, it’s even rust-proof and bug-resistant for greater comfort.
Top 6 Gazebo Reviews
EliteShade 10×13 feet Sunbrella TitanThis gazebo is a permanent solution without any of the extra bells and whistles of some gazebos. It’s made of some heavy-duty aluminum metal that’s completely resistant to rust, so there’s no doubt that this gazebo will last for years.
Plus, the manufacturer offers its own 5-year warranty.
What makes this gazebo so durable are two features: The anchors and the wind vents.
The anchor plates are designed to allow you to bolt this gazebo into concrete or your deck for added stability during heavy winds. The wind vents tolerate wind and keep your gazebo upright.
Overall, this is a pretty solid product that only takes a few hours to install. Plus, the 130 square feet of space is ideal for larger gatherings.
- Extremely stable and durable, just bolt it into concrete or your deck
- An impressive 130 square feet of interior space
- Added wind vents to prevent wind damage to the canopy
- The corrosion-free metal adds years to this gazebo’s lifespan
- Comes in two color options to better match your home
- Definitely on the upper end of most budgets
- Take some time to setup (3+ hours in some cases)
Kozyard Alexander Hardtop Aluminum Permanent Gazebo with a Mosquito Net and Privacy Sidewalls
When you have a little extra money to spend, this gazebo is the perfect heavy-duty product. First off, we have to say that the hardtop design (rather than a canopy) is much better at keeping water and snow from building up on the roof and threatening the strength of your gazebo.
Plus, the nearly 5-inch thick poles enhance the overall stability in heavy winds. But, the gutter design within the poles is the most notable feature. When it’s raining heavily, the gazebo will force the water down the poles rather than dripping over the sides of the gazebo.
Space-wise, this 10 x 12 structure isn’t all that shabby when you’re hosting regular gatherings. You’ll also really appreciate the hardcore mosquito netting and the extra sidewalls for protection from bugs and the outside world.
There’s no doubt that this is the product to buy if you host a ton of gatherings and want a gazebo that’ll stick around for several years.
- Hard-top canopy for less rain and snow collection (plus added stability)
- A sweet gutter set up to keep rainwater flowing through the poles
- Comes with both mosquito netting and privacy sidewalls
- 10 x 12 design (about 120 feet of space inside)
- A 5-year warranty on the hardtop roof
- You have to buy your own screws to secure the gazebo into the ground
AmazonBasics Outdoor Pop Up Gazebo with Mosquito Net
Sometimes, cheaper products are some of the best. This is probably one of the least expensive gazebos that you’ll find on Amazon, but you won’t be all that disappointed with the product you’re getting.
This gazebo is made of polyester designed to keep you and your family safe from the sun’s rays and heavy rain. Plus, you can be sure that mosquitos stay out your way with the included mosquito nets.
What we like most is how easy it is to assemble this pop-up gazebo. Since you might be able to get it up in 15 or 30 minutes, this is probably the best choice if you’re going on a family camping trip and want to bring a gazebo on board.
The only downside (aside from how lightweight it is) is that it’s only 10 x 10, so it’s a little small. It’s definitely not the best choice for a wedding or a birthday bash, but it would be great for small get-togethers.
- Extremely budget-friendly
- Easily set it up and take it down between gatherings, taking maybe 30 minutes or so
- There are three colors to choose from (red, brown, and beige)
- The perfect solution for camping
- Comes with the option to add LED lights and a dome top too
- Low weight (less than 40 pounds) is a concern with heavy winds and rain
- It’s a little small at only 10 x 10
CROWN SHADES 10 x 12 Feet Dome Gazebo with Shade Curtains
For larger gatherings, we think this would be the best choice. Its impressive 10 x 12 design allows you to sit up to 12 people comfortably!
Even though this gazebo definitely isn’t a champ in heavy winds and storms, it’s pretty durable given the size. It offers an incredible amount of UV protection with its canopy and water-resistant construction to keep you dry during those impromptu rain showers.
What’s pretty cool is the canopy design. It’s considered to have multiple tiers, which helps the wind to pass through and not build up and send your gazebo airborne at the slightest gust.
Finally, we love the convenience. You can easily set this gazebo up in an hour or so. Plus, the added curtains are incredible for getting a little extra privacy from nosy neighbors.
- Pretty easy to assemble, usually taking less than an hour
- Can easily fit 12 people in its 10 x 12 design
- Curtains for added privacy
- The canopy design prevents wind from being too much of an issue
- Great for the time being (only the summer)
- Can only withstand so much heavy wind
- Snow and rain accumulation might be an issue
Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo
When you want to go for one of the bigger names in gazebos, you have to go with this Christopher Knight gazebo. It’s designed to outlast nearly any environment and weather conditions all-year-round.
That’s because this gazebo is made of heavy-duty steel (poles) and high-quality fabric (canopy). So, heavy winds, rain, and even snow aren’t a threat to this gazebo’s durability, though water might build up on the roof a little.
We love this gazebo because it’s perfect all-year-round. It’ll keep mosquitos out with ease in the summer, protect you from the blazing sun in July, and even withstand those spring showers.
Our greatest issue is the sheer size of this gazebo. 10 x 10 is pretty small and isn’t all that comfortable for larger gatherings.
- Seems to do well in heavy winds and storms
- Only takes about two hours to build, though using more people cuts down on the time
- The netting might be kind of unstable in high winds
- Great for UV protection in the hot summer sun
- A mosquito net and privacy walls come with it
- For the size (10 x 10), the price is a little up there
COOL Spot 11’x11′ Pop-Up Gazebo
Last but certainly not least, we have a gazebo designed for easy set-up and removal for a temporary solution. That’s because this gazebo is a pop-up gazebo, meaning you can set aside a few hours before a party to get it set up and have it ready to go in no time.
The Cool Spot vent is what we find most impressive. This feature is designed to allow for greater airflow and less wind buildup in the gazebo, meaning your gazebo will stay up pretty easily.
It’s 11 x 11 and can seat up to six people comfortably, so it’s a pretty decent size for most gatherings. The steel frame and mosquito net will also provide you a little comfort knowing your gazebo is sturdy and keeps nuisances out.
- You’re getting a pretty good product for the price
- Provides ample UV sun protection in its fabric
- Included mosquito netting for keeping bugs out
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Easy setup and breakdown (pop-up gazebo)
- Probably best to only use for certain events, not all year round
Other Best-Selling Options
- Khaki weather-resistant fabric and screen
- Pop up style construction for fast set up
- Rust-resistant powder-coated brown steel frame
- Carry bag included
- Easy illustrative assembly instructions with an experienced customer service team at the ready for any questions that may arise
- ★Sturdy Construction: The frame is made of high-grade steel and powder-coated for rust-resistance and extra durability, which can withstand various weather elements, resist chipping, peeling, rust and corrosion. Each of the 4 foot pillars is provided with holes for fixing in the ground, which can meet your needs for reinforcement in different ground installations.
- ★Modern Design: 2-Section steel pole and extended eaves design for providing additional shadow. Our gazebo come with mesh netting which can keep small things and sunshine out, make the conversation truly private. The optional hook of top is perfect for hanging lights, plants, and more. With clean, precise lines of the canopy top, our gazebo is the ideal modern facility for your outdoor space, provides ultimate shade and modern, upscale style.
- ★Water-resistant Fabric: Our canopy is made of 180G+PU polyester fabric which is water-resistant. The drainage holes and peaked design of this gazebo promotes this water-resistant property by preventing any pooling of water. So our gazebo can also work well on rainy days.
- ★Vented Top Roof: The two-tier weather resistant polyester roof provides stability in windy conditions, keeps proper airflow and helps reduce heat and wind stress on the canopy. The gazebo cover material is UPF 50+ protected, 99% UV blocked, water-resistant, CPAI-84 US Standard fire-retardant and is perfect for providing shade or rain protection.
- ★Multiple Use: This outdoor patio gazebo is 11 x 11 x 9.2 ft, providing 121 square feet of coverage, enough for 8-10 people. It's a good choice for your backyard, lawn, deck, garden, patio, pool side. Perfect for grill, or BBQ pit and parties, weddings, etc. Any issues, please contact us freely, thank you.
- 【Easy set up】Pamapic gazebos are easy to install and only need 4 steps. First, you first unfold the frame, second, put on the tarp, then fix the tripod with Velcro, and finally install the sidewall of the netting. The size of the unfolded tent is 11’x11’ and can accommodate 5-6 people.
- 【Meticulous Design】The double-layer gazebo canopy roof design can maintain air circulation. There are four drainage holes on the roof to avoid water accumulation. The eaves of our 4 tents can be extended to increase the coverage area. Placing a dining table, sofa or recliner inside so that you can entertain outdoors at any time.
- 【High Quality】Our gazebo fabric is made of PA-coated polyester fiber, which is strong and durable and can block more than 85% of ultraviolet rays. The frame is sturdy, made of iron, and powder-coated to prevent rust. 8 wooden stakes and 4 ropes make the gazebo more stable.
- 【Removable Mesh】Pamapic foldable gazebo has 4 detachable meshes for easy cleaning. The mesh side wall keeps air circulation and protects you from the sun and rain. Putting the tent away in windy and heavy rain can prolong its service life.
- 【Easy to Storage and Carry】Our gazebo features are provided with 300D PVC-coated Oxford bag to make transportation easier. You can take the canopy to anywhere. It is perfect for lawn, garden, backyard, swimming pool, and is very suitable for outdoor activities such as picnic, party, and flea market.
- Tan and brown weather-resistant fabric and screen
- Pop up style construction for fast set up
- Rust-resistant powder-coated brown steel frame
- Item dimensions: 129.9 in. L x 129.9 in. W x 111 in. H
- Item weight: 35.27 lbs.
- New Model: More steady, improved structural integrity, corrosion protected welding seams
- Includes: Mosquito netting, plant rings, corner shelves, ground stakes and center hook for hanging fan or lights
- Vented double roof design helps reduce heat and wind stress on the canopy (provides 140 SqFt of shade)
- Footprint: 10'x12', Canopy size 11'x13', Peak Height: 8'7", Weight: 95 lbs. Assembly required (no tools needed)
- Water and fire resistant 100% polyester canopy (overall color is brown with tan piping)
Gazebo Buyer’s Guide
Before you submit that order on Amazon, you want to know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. So, let’s talk about the key features of gazebos to be on the lookout for and help you decide which gazebo is really best for your yard.
First off, how big is your yard? You want a gazebo that provides just enough seating for five, maybe 10 people at once. But, you don’t want the gazebo to become your entire yard and take away from the natural beauty of it.
So, we’re going to recommend measuring your yard (length x width) to find out just how big it really is. Then, you consider gazebos based on the size of your yard.
Now, how many people do you plan on having in your gazebo? For the most part, you should be okay with three to four feet per person, but that’s only considering the standing room. Factor in a little extra space if you’re planning to have chairs or sofas under your gazebo.
Most gazebos measure about 12 x 12, but there are also some odd sizes like 10 x 10, 10 x 12, and even 13 x 13.
Nettings & Curtains
A standard gazebo would just provide overhead covering and nothing else. But, some modern-day gazebos also include mosquito netting and even privacy curtains.
Mosquito netting is great to have on those hot and humid summer nights when mosquitos are running rampant. You’ll be able to spend a lot more time outside with the family without having to light an outdoor citronella candle.
When neatly tied around the poles of your gazebo, curtains can actually make your gazebo look even more luxurious. But, they can also be great for keeping extra UV rays out or having private gatherings among friends.
One strong gust of wind and your gazebo could topple over with ease. So, you really want to make sure that your gazebo is able to withstand the environment in several ways.
Most gazebos on Amazon come with spikes or stakes. Just like a tent, these items are used to secure your gazebo to the ground, usually by forcing the stake into some nearby grass.
Are you looking for a short-term or long-term solution for your backyard gazebo? When you buy gazebos made of flexible and foldable materials, you might be able to pack it up and stow it away in the garage when the party’s over.
These are usually known as pop-up gazebos. You simply pull apart the metal frame until it’s in full form. Simply strap the canopy atop the frame with the velcro or ties and your gazebo is up and ready for use within a few minutes.
Other gazebos are obviously more secure and permanent in a sense. They’re made of heavy-duty metal poles and are built to stay when they’re installed in your yard. They might take a few hours to set up.
What is the purpose of a gazebo?
Gazebos are meant to bring you some form of shelter outside. They’re perfect for keeping you protected from the sun, mosquitos, and all types of weather conditions. This makes them ideal for outdoor gatherings.
Do I need a permit to build a gazebo?
If you were laying down a concrete foundation or digging some sort of hole, most towns would require you to have a permit. Temporary gazebos that aren’t permanently attached to the ground don’t require a permit.
How do you anchor a gazebo into the ground?
Most gazebos come with stakes that allow you to use ropes to secure your gazebo to the ground. More heavy-duty and bulky gazebos will probably call for to anchor your gazebo into concrete or your wood deck with screws or bolts.
How much does it cost to install a gazebo?
It depends on the gazebo. The installation for a pop-up gazebo is free as this is easy to do yourself. The installation for a hardtop gazebo with heavy steel poles could cost you upwards of $1000!
How much wind can a gazebo withstand?
That really depends on the material used. If the gazebo is secured with 5-inch steel poles bolted into concrete, it wouldn’t be unusual for it to survive even the most severe windstorm. Pop-up gazebos with flimsy aluminum poles will likely topple over at the slightest bit of wind.
Gazebos are a great addition to any yard and can be perfect for hosting gatherings outdoors. They’re incredible at providing UV-protection and shade, keeping those nasty mosquitos out, and keeping you dry when the rain starts coming down.
Look for a gazebo that fits your style, whether you’re looking for a gazebo you can easily set up just before a party or a more long-term solution. Consider the weather where you live (wind, rain, and snow) to help you figure out how heavy-duty your gazebo should be.