When summer rolls around, backyard get-togethers are the norm. You invite your closest friends, family members, and neighbors to enjoy a nice barbecue meal or sit together by the campfire when night falls.
Yet, heat and rain can put a damper on your outdoor parties. Gazebos are great for providing some outdoor shelter while also making your backyard look a little fancier at the same time.
Not just any gazebo will do, however. So, we’re going to spend a little time going over some of the best gazebos you can buy right now and what you need to know about gazebos before you make the big investment.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Top 6 Gazebo Reviews
- 3 Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo
- 4 COOL Spot 11’x11′ Pop-Up Gazebo
- 5 Other Best-Selling Options
- 6 Gazebo Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Gazebo FAQ
- 8 Conclusion
Best Pick: EliteShade 10×13 feet Sunbrella Titan
- Sunbrella Canopy:The EliteShade Titan is topped with a weather-resistant, sunlight filtering, fade-resistant Sunbrella canopy which can last 5 years. buy cheapy, you buy many times, EliteShade gazebo builds for last. There’s even a clever wind vent to mitigate wind damage. This canvas canopy is reinforced on the corners for added durability and longevity.
- Durable Construction:Made of all corrosion-free materials. The frame is constructed of powder-coated, heavy-gauge extruded aluminum. Can be bolted to concrete or a wooden deck via concealed anchor plates. Wrapped in artisan-woven wicker in coffee bean color.
- Easy assembly:Assembles in 2-3 hours with 1-2 people. Featuring patented connectors for easy assembly. Very easy to read pictured assembly instructions. Requires only household tools. Comes with the needed wrenches.Dimensions: 10 x 13 x 10 feet; Overall Weight: 134 pounds
- The post of cheap gazebos in the market mainly made by just connecting two pieces of steel plates together,and this sturture will break very easily in wind or assemble. Elite Shade Titan Gazebo, our posts are made out of full aluminium and wrapped by ratten. They are strong, rust-free, elegent and more importantly, they match your ratten or textilene or wooden furniture well.
- Enjoy the Outdoors:Perfect for creating ideal outdoor lounging, this gazebo offers 130 square feet of outdoor living space.This gazebo will offer you years of use.
This gazebo is, by far, the best long-term gazebo solution for your yard. It’s made of extremely durable heavy-duty aluminum that won’t rust or wear with time. Plus, you can be sure that this gazebo will stay put with the option to bolt the poles into concrete or wood.
Premium Pick: Kozyard Alexander Gazebo
- Dark brown colored rustproof aluminum frame, which is very strong and sturdy, built with 4.7“x4.7" triangular aluminum stand pole，much bigger and stronger than standard models. All materials are built to last, never becoming rusty or deformed.
- Hard metal top instead of normal fabric or polycarbonate material.
- Extremely durable PBV-coated polyester mosquito netting and removable steel railing on 4 sides. Double Track System allows you to add another layer of privacy sidewall. Include 2 layers sidewalls (mosquito set and strong 180gsm polyester solid sidewall)
- Better ventilated than one layer design. Galvanized steel roof strong enough to withhold any heavy snow.
- Better water gutter design to ensure rainwater always goes to the corner
Open your wallet just a little further and you’ll get one of the best gazebos out there. This gazebo comes with a hard-top (instead of a canopy), so it’s one of the sturdiest and most weatherproof gazebos around. You’ll also love the mosquito netting and privacy sidewalls.
Budget Pick: AmazonBasics Outdoor Pop Up Gazebo
- Pop-up, foldable gazebo for outdoor gatherings, parties, picnics, and more; includes case for easy transport and storage
- Weather-resistant 100% polyester canopy protects from the sun and rain
- Rust-resistant powder-coated steel frame offers support and stability; not for use in windy and inclement weather conditions
- Durable mosquito netting can be tied back or draped down to keep bugs at bay
- Easy to clean and assemble, with instructions and necessary hardware components included; recommended to be firmly fixed to the ground with included rope and ground stakes.
Why spend a ton of money on a permanent gazebo when there are pop-up gazebos? This gazebo is very easy on the wallet and is very simple to set up and take down, sometimes within a matter of minutes. And, it’s even rust-proof and bug-resistant for greater comfort.
Top 6 Gazebo Reviews
EliteShade 10×13 feet Sunbrella TitanThis gazebo is a permanent solution without any of the extra bells and whistles of some gazebos. It’s made of some heavy-duty aluminum metal that’s completely resistant to rust, so there’s no doubt that this gazebo will last for years.
Plus, the manufacturer offers its own 5-year warranty.
What makes this gazebo so durable are two features: The anchors and the wind vents.
The anchor plates are designed to allow you to bolt this gazebo into concrete or your deck for added stability during heavy winds. The wind vents tolerate wind and keep your gazebo upright.
Overall, this is a pretty solid product that only takes a few hours to install. Plus, the 130 square feet of space is ideal for larger gatherings.
- Extremely stable and durable, just bolt it into concrete or your deck
- An impressive 130 square feet of interior space
- Added wind vents to prevent wind damage to the canopy
- The corrosion-free metal adds years to this gazebo’s lifespan
- Comes in two color options to better match your home
- Definitely on the upper end of most budgets
- Take some time to setup (3+ hours in some cases)
Kozyard Alexander Hardtop Aluminum Permanent Gazebo with a Mosquito Net and Privacy Sidewalls
When you have a little extra money to spend, this gazebo is the perfect heavy-duty product. First off, we have to say that the hardtop design (rather than a canopy) is much better at keeping water and snow from building up on the roof and threatening the strength of your gazebo.
Plus, the nearly 5-inch thick poles enhance the overall stability in heavy winds. But, the gutter design within the poles is the most notable feature. When it’s raining heavily, the gazebo will force the water down the poles rather than dripping over the sides of the gazebo.
Space-wise, this 10 x 12 structure isn’t all that shabby when you’re hosting regular gatherings. You’ll also really appreciate the hardcore mosquito netting and the extra sidewalls for protection from bugs and the outside world.
There’s no doubt that this is the product to buy if you host a ton of gatherings and want a gazebo that’ll stick around for several years.
- Hard-top canopy for less rain and snow collection (plus added stability)
- A sweet gutter set up to keep rainwater flowing through the poles
- Comes with both mosquito netting and privacy sidewalls
- 10 x 12 design (about 120 feet of space inside)
- A 5-year warranty on the hardtop roof
- You have to buy your own screws to secure the gazebo into the ground
AmazonBasics Outdoor Pop Up Gazebo with Mosquito Net
Sometimes, cheaper products are some of the best. This is probably one of the least expensive gazebos that you’ll find on Amazon, but you won’t be all that disappointed with the product you’re getting.
This gazebo is made of polyester designed to keep you and your family safe from the sun’s rays and heavy rain. Plus, you can be sure that mosquitos stay out your way with the included mosquito nets.
What we like most is how easy it is to assemble this pop-up gazebo. Since you might be able to get it up in 15 or 30 minutes, this is probably the best choice if you’re going on a family camping trip and want to bring a gazebo on board.
The only downside (aside from how lightweight it is) is that it’s only 10 x 10, so it’s a little small. It’s definitely not the best choice for a wedding or a birthday bash, but it would be great for small get-togethers.
- Extremely budget-friendly
- Easily set it up and take it down between gatherings, taking maybe 30 minutes or so
- There are three colors to choose from (red, brown, and beige)
- The perfect solution for camping
- Comes with the option to add LED lights and a dome top too
- Low weight (less than 40 pounds) is a concern with heavy winds and rain
- It’s a little small at only 10 x 10
CROWN SHADES 10 x 12 Feet Dome Gazebo with Shade Curtains
For larger gatherings, we think this would be the best choice. Its impressive 10 x 12 design allows you to sit up to 12 people comfortably!
Even though this gazebo definitely isn’t a champ in heavy winds and storms, it’s pretty durable given the size. It offers an incredible amount of UV protection with its canopy and water-resistant construction to keep you dry during those impromptu rain showers.
What’s pretty cool is the canopy design. It’s considered to have multiple tiers, which helps the wind to pass through and not build up and send your gazebo airborne at the slightest gust.
Finally, we love the convenience. You can easily set this gazebo up in an hour or so. Plus, the added curtains are incredible for getting a little extra privacy from nosy neighbors.
- Pretty easy to assemble, usually taking less than an hour
- Can easily fit 12 people in its 10 x 12 design
- Curtains for added privacy
- The canopy design prevents wind from being too much of an issue
- Great for the time being (only the summer)
- Can only withstand so much heavy wind
- Snow and rain accumulation might be an issue
Christopher Knight Home Sonoma Canopy Gazebo
When you want to go for one of the bigger names in gazebos, you have to go with this Christopher Knight gazebo. It’s designed to outlast nearly any environment and weather conditions all-year-round.
That’s because this gazebo is made of heavy-duty steel (poles) and high-quality fabric (canopy). So, heavy winds, rain, and even snow aren’t a threat to this gazebo’s durability, though water might build up on the roof a little.
We love this gazebo because it’s perfect all-year-round. It’ll keep mosquitos out with ease in the summer, protect you from the blazing sun in July, and even withstand those spring showers.
Our greatest issue is the sheer size of this gazebo. 10 x 10 is pretty small and isn’t all that comfortable for larger gatherings.
- Seems to do well in heavy winds and storms
- Only takes about two hours to build, though using more people cuts down on the time
- The netting might be kind of unstable in high winds
- Great for UV protection in the hot summer sun
- A mosquito net and privacy walls come with it
- For the size (10 x 10), the price is a little up there
COOL Spot 11’x11′ Pop-Up Gazebo
Last but certainly not least, we have a gazebo designed for easy set-up and removal for a temporary solution. That’s because this gazebo is a pop-up gazebo, meaning you can set aside a few hours before a party to get it set up and have it ready to go in no time.
The Cool Spot vent is what we find most impressive. This feature is designed to allow for greater airflow and less wind buildup in the gazebo, meaning your gazebo will stay up pretty easily.
It’s 11 x 11 and can seat up to six people comfortably, so it’s a pretty decent size for most gatherings. The steel frame and mosquito net will also provide you a little comfort knowing your gazebo is sturdy and keeps nuisances out.
- You’re getting a pretty good product for the price
- Provides ample UV sun protection in its fabric
- Included mosquito netting for keeping bugs out
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Easy setup and breakdown (pop-up gazebo)
- Probably best to only use for certain events, not all year round
Other Best-Selling Options
- EASY SETUP & PORTABLE: Setup is efficient and hassle-free with COOL Spot Pop-up Gazebo. Reference Technical Specification for Instruction Manual. This spacious COOL Spot Gazebo is lightweight and comes with a carrying bag, so you can easily bring the convenient COOL Spot Pop-up gazebo anywhere as a quick, sun-coverage solution.
- VENTED TOP & EXTRA SHADE AREA: Stay cool with our new COOL Spot Vent, designed to provide excellent airflow while you work or relax. This gazebo features straight steel legs and an extended Cornice structure around the eaves of the tent, providing additional shade coverage. The 11’ x 11’ top dimensions provide 121 square feet of coverage with plenty of room for 6 people.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: The gazebo top is made of 150D Oxford fabric, with UPF 50+ UV sun protection to help block up to 99% of harmful UV rays. It is CPAI-84 certified, flame resistant, and the frame is superior, made of sturdy, high-grade engineered steel and powder-coated for rust-resistance. It is assembled and reinforced with hardened M5 through bolts and strong nylon plastic connection hardware.
- MULTIPLE SIDE WALLS: COOL Spot Gazebo features zippered mesh sidewalls. You will be protected from the sun and rain as well as flying insects thanks to the high-quality mesh walls. Enjoy the great outdoors with ease from your private gazebo, while still having full airflow and visibility provided by these mesh sidewalls.
- COOL Spot COMMITMENT: COOL Spot offers a 1-year limited after sale protection from the original date of purchase. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our professional service team is always available to provide superior service to you.
- POP UP GAZEBO: The latest technology design enables ONE PERSON to easily SET UP and close the canopy in ONE MINUTE. Not only for sports, camping or trip, also for patio, backyard and screen house room. (Not suitable for lightning storm, rainstorm or snowing days use)
- MORE SHADE: This gazebo designed with EXTRA AWNING,10'x10' straight leg frame and13'x13' coverage at the top, provides 169 square feet of coverage, roomy enough to accommodate 8-12 people and some chairs. Four removable zippered mesh walls services as a barrier to against small things, and provide MORE PRIVATE.
- HIGHLIGHTS: 1)Double top design, wind vented, It helps to ventilate the interior of the canopy helping to release trapped heat and also provides increased stability in windy conditions by allowing the wind to pass through the vent. 2)Several drain holes are unique, keep this shelter always dry for a longer service. 3)A compact carry bag for storage gazebo and perfect for your trunk. 4 ropes and 4 stakes bonus to secure the canopy into the ground and withstand the wind.
- SUN PROTECTION/WINDPROOF/WATER RESISTANCE: Each color of the top has silver coating inside, blocking 99.99% of the sun's harmful UV rays. Stay comfortable and protected. Also this fabric is water resistance, protecting you in rainy day(not lightning storm or rainstorm).DO NOT FORGET TO USE THE ROPES AND STAKES. They will help a lot in windy days.
- WHY BUYING FROM ABCCANOPY: One year after-sale protection for frame, six months after-sale protection for fabrics and accessories. If you have anything about our products, We are ready to help.
- Premium Cedar wood frame construction pre-cut and pre-drilled with a natural looking finish
- Sturdy rust-resistant powder-coated matte-black steel roof top
- Item dimensions: 154.7 in. L x 132.1 in. W x 121.1 in. H
- Item weight: 429.9 lbs.
- Dual rails included for hanging privacy curtains and mosquito netting (privacy curtains and mosquito netting sold separately)
- CLASSIC & GORGEROUS LOOKING: The stunning gazebo for patios definitely would be a great addition in your garden, which features with classic style and elegant dome top structure. Two tones of ash grey and black color can match your favorite furnitures so much. Don't hesitate to pick this gazebo and enjoy the fabulous time of outdoor and garden life with your family and friends!
- STRONG AND DURABLE FRAME: Our 10x10 gazebo is made high quality iron frame which has strong bearing capacity. The top bracket is composed of 8 tubes. The joint of the beams designed triangular structure to enhance stability. The thickened poles provides strong support for entire product. The foot of this gazebo for patios can be fixed to the ground with hard wares. Whole structure is technical designed for durable and stable outdoor use purpose.
- DOUBLE ROOF VENTED DESIGN: Our gazebo for patios provides circulate ventilation with double tired canopy roof with netting which helps to hold up in wind better. There also has drainage holes on the gazebo canopy roof for all weather usage possibility.
- HIGH DENSITY NETTING: Our gazebo for patios are made of 180g polyester fabric and meet the CPAI-84 US standard. All stitching lines are sealed working, the gazebo has complete full sides of high density netting with double side zipper for each panel, easy to access and out. You can have a good and privacy stay with your family in it at day or night time.
- EASY TO SET UP: With smart patent design, our gazebo has the assemble advantage of tool free and quick assemble. The poles of gazebo is consist of 2 sections by screws connection which is free of ladder usage. Complete set of thumb screws do not ask for any tools necessary. Our gazebo frame connection ask for less screws than others so it takes less time as well. Entire assemble time only need 1-2h by 2 peoples. Please refer to instruction manual and you will have the pleasant experience.
- Dimensions: Assembled size is 13'x13', height is adjustable to 3 positions, large space can accommodate a set of sofas or 4 tables, allowing 15 people to move freely below
- waterproof material with reinforced rust-proof frame, effectively to enhance pull strength and prevent drooping, 1 years quality guaranteed, 2020 new upgrated gazebo is more stable with longer service life
- Easy to set up with collapsible steel accordion frame. Easy to remove with wheeled carrying bag. Easy to clean using water, fade resistant, greatly saves maintenance costs. Please put this valuable gazebo away after use in time
- Portable Roller Bag Included: Straight leg canopy x 1pcs, Side curtain panels x 4pcs, Top shade cloth x 1pcs, Wind ropes x 4pcs, Stakes x 8pcs. Ideal for outdoor events, camping, picnics and sporting eventsIt is an instant gazebo,please take it down when not using.Don’t leave it outdoor more than a week.Get Sand Bag:B08ZS1TKKK
- Perfect for shading, conveniently an flexibly decorates gardens, patios, swimming pools, bbq areas etc. for having happy time
Gazebo Buyer’s Guide
Before you submit that order on Amazon, you want to know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. So, let’s talk about the key features of gazebos to be on the lookout for and help you decide which gazebo is really best for your yard.
First off, how big is your yard? You want a gazebo that provides just enough seating for five, maybe 10 people at once. But, you don’t want the gazebo to become your entire yard and take away from the natural beauty of it.
So, we’re going to recommend measuring your yard (length x width) to find out just how big it really is. Then, you consider gazebos based on the size of your yard.
Now, how many people do you plan on having in your gazebo? For the most part, you should be okay with three to four feet per person, but that’s only considering the standing room. Factor in a little extra space if you’re planning to have chairs or sofas under your gazebo.
Most gazebos measure about 12 x 12, but there are also some odd sizes like 10 x 10, 10 x 12, and even 13 x 13.
Nettings & Curtains
A standard gazebo would just provide overhead covering and nothing else. But, some modern-day gazebos also include mosquito netting and even privacy curtains.
Mosquito netting is great to have on those hot and humid summer nights when mosquitos are running rampant. You’ll be able to spend a lot more time outside with the family without having to light an outdoor citronella candle.
When neatly tied around the poles of your gazebo, curtains can actually make your gazebo look even more luxurious. But, they can also be great for keeping extra UV rays out or having private gatherings among friends.
One strong gust of wind and your gazebo could topple over with ease. So, you really want to make sure that your gazebo is able to withstand the environment in several ways.
Most gazebos on Amazon come with spikes or stakes. Just like a tent, these items are used to secure your gazebo to the ground, usually by forcing the stake into some nearby grass.
Are you looking for a short-term or long-term solution for your backyard gazebo? When you buy gazebos made of flexible and foldable materials, you might be able to pack it up and stow it away in the garage when the party’s over.
These are usually known as pop-up gazebos. You simply pull apart the metal frame until it’s in full form. Simply strap the canopy atop the frame with the velcro or ties and your gazebo is up and ready for use within a few minutes.
Other gazebos are obviously more secure and permanent in a sense. They’re made of heavy-duty metal poles and are built to stay when they’re installed in your yard. They might take a few hours to set up.
What is the purpose of a gazebo?
Gazebos are meant to bring you some form of shelter outside. They’re perfect for keeping you protected from the sun, mosquitos, and all types of weather conditions. This makes them ideal for outdoor gatherings.
Do I need a permit to build a gazebo?
If you were laying down a concrete foundation or digging some sort of hole, most towns would require you to have a permit. Temporary gazebos that aren’t permanently attached to the ground don’t require a permit.
How do you anchor a gazebo into the ground?
Most gazebos come with stakes that allow you to use ropes to secure your gazebo to the ground. More heavy-duty and bulky gazebos will probably call for to anchor your gazebo into concrete or your wood deck with screws or bolts.
How much does it cost to install a gazebo?
It depends on the gazebo. The installation for a pop-up gazebo is free as this is easy to do yourself. The installation for a hardtop gazebo with heavy steel poles could cost you upwards of $1000!
How much wind can a gazebo withstand?
That really depends on the material used. If the gazebo is secured with 5-inch steel poles bolted into concrete, it wouldn’t be unusual for it to survive even the most severe windstorm. Pop-up gazebos with flimsy aluminum poles will likely topple over at the slightest bit of wind.
Gazebos are a great addition to any yard and can be perfect for hosting gatherings outdoors. They’re incredible at providing UV-protection and shade, keeping those nasty mosquitos out, and keeping you dry when the rain starts coming down.
Look for a gazebo that fits your style, whether you’re looking for a gazebo you can easily set up just before a party or a more long-term solution. Consider the weather where you live (wind, rain, and snow) to help you figure out how heavy-duty your gazebo should be.