Are you prepared to handle a snowstorm this season? An electric snow blower is an efficient tool for getting rid of snow on our driveway, porch, and deck. With one of these machines, you don’t have to break your back with hard labor this winter.
We reviewed the ten best electric snow blowers to find out which machine is the superior choice for managing your snow removal needs this winter. Our buyer’s guide and FAQ covers everything you need to know about how to select the right electric snow blower for your home.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Electric Snow Blowers Reviews
- 3 Toro 38381 Power Curve
- 4 EGO Power+ SNT2100
- 5 Snow Joe Ultra SJ621
- 6 Snow Joe iON18SB
- 7 Toro Power Shovel 38361
- 8 GreenWorks 2600502
- 9 WORX WG650
- 10 Snow Joe iON13SS
- 11 Snow Joe iON13SS
- 12 Other Best Selling Options
- 13 Electric Snow Blower Buyers Guide
- 14 What Should You Look for in an Electric Snow Blower?
- 15 Conclusion
After reviewing the top ten snow blowers for the winter season, we came up with three models that stand head-and-shoulders above the rest.
Best Pick: Toro 38381 Power Curve
- Number 1 Brand of electric snow thrower in the United States
- Moves up to 700-Pounds of snow per minute for efficient snow clearing
- 15 Amp electric snow blower for walkways, patios, decks, small driveways, and other residential areas
- 18-Inch clearance width and 12-Inch intake height for quick clearing
- Power Curve technology cleans down to the pavement and helps prevent clogging; 160-degree adjustable chute for optimal snow-blowing control
The Toro Power Curve is our top pick in this review for the best overall snow blower. This machine features easy assembly and user-friendly operation, with a range of capacities available. This model moves up to 700-lbs of snow per minute, and it’s an excellent balance of performance, efficiency, and value.
Runner Up: EGO Power+ SNT2100
- Battery and charger not inclued.
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- 21-inch clearing width
- Up to 35 feet snow throwing distance
- Push-button start
If you have the budget available, and you’re looking for the best performing snow blower on the market, then the EGO Power+ is your top choice. This battery-powered snow blower has no cords getting in your way and extended run time from the lithium-ion battery pack. With variable speeds to suit light or heavy snowfalls, this machine is the best premium choice in this review.
Budget Pick: Snow Joe Ultra SJ621
- Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain
- Powerful 13.5-amp motor moves up to 650 lbs of snow per minute
- 4-blade steel auger cuts 18 in. wide by 10 in. deep with each pass
- ETL approved; Full 2-year warranty
If you want the best value for your money when purchasing your snow blower, then we suggest you look at the Snow Joe Ultra SJ621. The powerful motor on this model moves up to 650-lbs of snow per minute and offers excellent user-friendly operation. We think that this Snow Joe model deserves the title of the best budget value option in this review.
Electric Snow Blowers Reviews
Shovelling snow from your driveway and porch after a heavy snowstorm is no fun. It’s challenging work that most of us would rather avoid doing wherever possible. Fortunately, there’s no need to break a sweat shovelling snow ever again. These ten snow blowers offer you excellent performance and efficient snow removal.
When selecting our top ten snow blowers, we looked at the following criteria to find the best performing machines worthy of a place in your tool shed.
- Snow moving capacity.
- Clearance depth.
- Intake height.
- Motor output.
- Manufacturer reputation.
- Customer testimonials.
After reading through our reviews on the top electric snow blowers, check out our buyer’s guide for more information on choosing the right snow blower for your climate and home.
Toro 38381 Power Curve
The Toro Power Curve can move 700-pounds of snow per minute, making it one of the more high-powered options in this review, and the winner of our top pick. We think that the Toro Power Curve offers everything you need in an electric snowblower.
Toro is the leading brand for snowblowers in the United States, and it’s easy to see why. This versatile machine suits a variety of snow depths and climate conditions, making it an excellent all-round tool for any environmental conditions, from heavy to light snowfalls.
The Power Curve features a 12-inch intake height with an 18-inch clearance width. The mighty 15-Amp motor throw snow up to 30-feet from the machine, making it ideal for clearing troublesome snow patches in the yard, driveway, and on the porch.
The Toro Power Curve earns the title of the best snow blower in this review thanks to its versatility and efficient snow blowing action. It’s a lightweight and powerful machine that’s capable of adapting to a variety of snow conditions.
- Easy to assemble.
- Comes in various capacities.
- Moves up to 700-lbs of snow per minute.
- Top electric snow blower brand in the United States.
- 12-inch intake height and 18-inch clearance depth for best performance.
- Electric cord is inconvenient.
EGO Power+ SNT2100
For the environmentally-conscious homeowner, the EGO Power+ snow blower delivers the performance of a petrol model, without the noise and gas fumes. This machine offers cordless operation due to its 56-volt lithium-ion battery pack that powers the 13.5-Amp motor.
This machine is so powerful that it throws snow for up to 35-feet, and it’s tough enough to move stubborn snowdrifts from your driveway. With the EGO Power+, you get a run time of up to 45-minutes, and effective clearing action from the 21-inch clearing width that’s unheard of in electric models.
If you want an electric machine with the performance of a petrol-powered snow blower, then consider the EGO Power+ as your preferred choice in this review. This machine even throws wet snow, and there’s no snowstorm so severe that the EGO Power+ can’t dig you out.
- Cordless operation.
- Lightweight battery-powered model weighing 55-lbs.
- Throws snow up to 35-feet.
- Variable speed operation.
- Battery requires replacing after a few years.
Snow Joe Ultra SJ621
For those homeowners looking for an affordable and effective snow blower, consider the Snow Joe Ultra SJ621. This machine wins our pick as the best value deal in this review. If you’re on a budget and need the best snow blowing performance you can afford, then this model is the machine you need.
The 13.5-Amp motor moves 600-lbs of snow a minute, with a corded operation. This machine will clear your driveway, sidewalks, and porch of snow, without bleeding your bank account dry.
- Battery powered operation.
- Moves 650-lbs of snow per minute.
- Powerful 13.5-Amp motor.
- Good for use in driveways.
- Overpowered for clearing porches and decks on smaller townhouses.
Snow Joe iON18SB
The Snow Joe iON18SB offers you the ideal snow blower solution for everyday use in clearing paths and walkways around the home, as well as driveways and sidewalks. This machine suits climate that receives light or heavy snowfalls, and its 180-degree swivel snow chute throws the snow up to 20-feet from the snow blower.
The 40-volt, 4-Amp hour battery packs come with fast charging and provide up to 50-minutes of run time. This machine only weighs 32-lbs, and you can maneuver it with ease as you clear snow from your driveway.
The Snow Joe iON18SB is the ideal machine for homeowners that live in areas with light to average snowfalls throughout the winter. It’s an affordable and capable machine that offers excellent performance in light snow conditions.
- Excellent for use on paved walkways or driveways.
- Lightweight operation with the unit weighing 32-lbs.
- 50-minute run time from lithium-ion battery pack.
- Snow chute swivels 180-degrees.
- Not ideal for heavy snowfalls.
Toro Power Shovel 38361This lightweight and handheld snow blower is the ideal choice for smaller yards and walkways around the home. Its 12-inch clearing width is not fantastic, but it works and moves snow around without any hassles.
This snow blower is the ideal machine for clearing those tighter spots around the yard. This machine is not for use in more substantial snowfall conditions and suits regions of the United States with light to average snowfalls.
The Toro Power Shovel is a great entry-level snow blower for those homeowners that experience lighter snowfalls throughout the winter season.
- Lightweight and powerful.
- Great for use around townhouses and cluster homes.
- 12-inch clearing width.
- A good choice for paths and walkways around the home.
- Electric cord gets in the way when clearing.
GreenWorks make some of the best electric yard equipment in the industry.The 2600502 snow blower is an excellent machine that offers superior snow-clearing action. The 2.0-Amp Hour battery pack gives you around 30-minutes of run time and weighs only 15-lbs.
This machine is suitable for regions of the United States that experience heavier snowfalls during the wintertime. With a 6-inch cutting depth and an 18-inch clearing width, this machine will make short work of snow covering your driveway or porch.
Lightweight and sturdy, this machine suits moderate to heavy snowfalls during the winter. It’s an affordable machine with a powerful motor and easy maneuverability.
- 0-Amp hour battery included.
- Excellent performance with heavy snowfalls.
- 6-inch cutting depth.
- Incredibly lightweight.
- Swivel snow chute.
- Not the best choice for smaller homes.
This machine is a lightweight snow blower, with a powerful motor. The 13-Amp powerhouse can clear snow of up to 7.8-inches deep, and 18-inches wide. With the WORX WG650, you can move up to 490-lbs of snow a minute, throwing it through a 180-degree swivel chute that throws the snow up to 20-feet from the machine.
This snowblower suits regions of the United States that receive average to light snowfalls in the winter.
- 5-Amp motor throws snow up to 20-feet.
- 8-inch cutting depth.
- Large wheels for easy movement.
- Throws up to 490-lbs of snow per minute.
- Electric cord gets in the way when working.
Snow Joe iON13SS
The Snow Joe iON13SS is the ideal battery-powered snow blower for people that live in regions of the United States that receive average to moderate snowfalls in the winter.
The 40-volt, 4-Amp Hour battery pack gives you 45-minutes of run time, which is more than enough to clear stubborn snowdrifts. The 500-watt brushless motor in this battery-powered model throws snow up to 25-feet, removing 300-lbs of snow per minute.
It might not be the most high-powered option in this review, but its affordable and suitable for clearing light to average snowfalls from your driveway, porch, or walkways around the home.
This cordless model is lightweight and easy to maneuver. We think that this model suits average to moderate snowfalls.
- Cordless operation.
- Excellent for use in small homes and townhouses.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack.
- 500-watt brushless motor for extended service life.
- Underpowered for larger jobs
Snow Joe iON13SS
If you’re looking for a monster snowblower to suit the deepest snowfalls, then the Snow Joe SJ627E offers you the performance of a gas-powered snowblower in an electric machine. This model uses corded operation and has a powerful motor that clears over 25-tons of snow per hour.
You also get dual LED headlights on this machine for use in the dark, and the powerful snow-clearing action of this machine will make short work of the largest driveways and walkways.
The Snow Joe SJ627E is the most powerful machine in this review and suited for use in heavy snow conditions.
- Powerful snow clearing action that competes with gas-powered models.
- Dual LED headlights for use on dark mornings.
- 180-degree swivel snow chute.
- Best choice for larger homes and estates.
- Cord gets in the way while working.
- Not suitable for smaller homes.
Other Best Selling Options
- VERSATILE: Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- POWERFUL: 15-amp motor moves up to 800 lbs. of snow per minute
- MAINTENANCE-FREE: No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain. Chute Rotation Turning Radius (Deg) - 180
- LED LIGHT: 3 W LED light for safe nighttime clearing.Tires: 8 inch (2.5 inch width)
- POWER: 15-Amp copper steel Auger generates 3000 RPM, and can move up to 800 LBS of snow per minute (25 Tons per Hour). Ideal for snow pickups on driveways, walkway, Patio and more.
- STEEL AUGER: Steel Auger cuts 20 inches in width, and 10 inches in depth, throwing snow up to 20 FT. Dimensons 40x37x20
- DIRECTIONAL CHUTE: 180° adjustable chute will allow you to change the snow throwing direction and distance 60°/90° snow nozzle provides more choices while clearing snow. Steel Auger blade with rubber, provides longer lasting service life without having to damage the ground.
- SAFETY SWITCH: Safety design switch to prevent accidental start-up and quickly stop the spinning auger and the impeller when you release the handlebar. The Snowblower is made of cold-proof material, which will prevent the machine to freeze.
- ECONOMICAL & PRACTICLE- Electric drive, less cost. No gas, oil or tune-ups makes it effortless to start and maintain, low noise, no pollution, Overload protector and antifreeze durable materials will effectively extend product life
- Versatile: ideal for clearing snow off mid-to-large sized driveways and walkways
- MAINTENANCE-FREE: No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain
- Powerful: 15-amp motor moves up to 720 lbs. of snow per minute
- Steel auger: 4-blade Steel auger cuts 18 in. Wide by 10 in. Deep with each pass
- Directional Chute: 180° adjustable directional Chute throws snow up to 25 ft.
- Advanced Motor and Turbo Engine Tech; Snapfresh leaf blower equipped copper motor, with advanced turbo techs the motor could provide longer product life span and reduce energy consumption than traditional engine; Besides, snapfresh cordless leaf blower applied turbocharging technology which increased the max air output to 130mph; Snapfresh is the mark of better user experience with higher sustainability
- Dual Speed Mode with Adjustable Blowing Tubes; Snapfresh cordless leaf blower cordless carries speed adjusting function; The 2 in 1 design realizes the aim of changing operating scenario by simply pushing the switch; Two modes, 60mph to 130mph, could help you easily convert from indoor work to outdoor work; With adjustable blowing tubes, people with all height would find out a comfortable using experience
- Ultra-lightweight and Ergonomic Design; Snapfresh understand customer’s needs of house working tool; Snapfresh cordless leaf blower designed for family work has a super light body which weight less than 2.7lb, can be comfortably operated by one hand; The handgrip is wrapped with flexible rubber, helps you prevent slipping when using; Snapfresh, refresh your house working experience
- Full Accessory, Battery, and Charger Included; Snapfresh leaf blower is the first choice for your family, we provide all accessories you need to start your work immediately; No need for extra purchase like other brands; The included 2.0ah 20v battery could support you for 15-25min work depending on mode; A full charge will take 1 hour using included fast charger (please do not charge overnight)
- Quick Assembly, All for The User; Snapfresh’s mission is ‘to make people’s life easier’, all product by Snapfresh is designed base on this mission; our products are lightweight, well fitted and could be assembly within minutes
- VERSATILE: Ideal for quick snow pickups on small to mid-sized driveways and walkways
- MAINTENANCE-FREE: No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain
- POWERFUL: 13-amp motor moves up to 550 lbs of snow per minute
- 2-BLADE AUGER: Cold and abrasion-resistant plastic auger cuts 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep with each pass
Electric Snow Blower Buyers Guide
The top ten snow blowers in this review all have unique features and functionality to suit a variety of snow conditions across the northern regions of the United States. Selecting the ideal snow blower to suit your climate and home is critical if you want the best performance from your machine, and value for your money.
Using an underpowered snow blower in heavier snowfall conditions will end up burning out your motor early, reducing the expected service life. Using an overpowered machine in a small yard will end up flinging snow everywhere, irritating your neighbors, and possibly damaging things in your yard.
Choosing the snow blower with the right power and clearance for your yard, and your climate ensures that you get a high-quality machine suited for your environmental and living conditions.
Are Electric Snow Blowers Effective?
When the snow starts to fall in winter, most people think of snowball fights, making snow angels, and sledding. However, for some, all they can think about is how they’re going to have to spend the morning or evening shoveling snow.
An electric snow blower takes the effort out of clearing your porch or driveway after a snowstorm. With a range of options, this review gives you models to suit any size, yard, or home. From the Toro 38381 Power Curve to the Snow Joe SJ627E, there’s a snow blower to suit your property and climate requirements.
Snow blowers take the effort out of clearing snow, and an electric model means that you won’t have to wake up tour neighbors with a petrol motor early in the morning while they’re trying to sleep. Electric models are the environmentally-friendly option, and you get a choice of corded or battery-powered operation.
These machines effortlessly clear snow, without you having to put in any hard work. Snow blowers are efficient and effective at clearing snow from pathways, walkways, driveways, and porches. Get a snow blower and save yourself hours of time and back-breaking labor this winter.
What Should You Look for in an Electric Snow Blower?
When selecting the ideal snow blower for your home, there are a couple of considerations you need to be aware of before you make your purchase.
All of the snow blowers in this review suit have unique features and functionality. Check through the following criteria before selecting your snow blower from the list.
How much snowfall your region experiences play a significant role in selecting the right snow blower for your needs. If you live in areas that experience heavy snowfalls, you’ll need a machine that has a high-power motor and a large clearing capacity.
Those people living in areas that experience light snowfall don’t require a heavy-duty machine, and can get away with a smaller motor size and throwing capacity, without compromising the performance of the machine.
Electric snowblowers come in two formats; corded and battery-powered. Corded options require you to use an extension cord connected to an electrical outlet. While they’re more efficient than petrol snow blowers, corded models can be a hassle to work with because the cable gets in the way during use.
A battery-powered snowblower doesn’t rely on any electrical cords, but the battery pack has a limited run time before its needs recharging. However, most battery-powered models will recharge overnight, giving you plenty of run time to clear your yard before you leave for work.
When selecting your ideal snow blower, you’ll need to take the size of your home and yard into consideration. If you only have a small driveway and no porch to clear, then you’ll be able to use a smaller-capacity snow blower and get the results you want from the machine.
However, if you live in a freestanding house or on an estate, then your primary considerations need to be motor size, throwing distance, and how much snow the machine moves per minute.
Corded Vs. Battery-Powered Snow Blowers
A battery-powered snow blower is the preferred option for those that have the budget for this machine. Corded models are lightweight, and they have an unlimited run time, but they rely on a power cord for operation.
The cord is a nuisance, and it adds time and effort to the job of clearing your driveway or porch. A battery-powered option is easier to use, but it’s slightly heavier due to the onboard battery pack. Battery-powered models also have a limited run time, and the battery eventually fails after a few years of ownership, requiring a costly replacement. Battery-powered models can also be bulkier and heavier than corded models.
You’ll need to decide what serves you more, having a lighter snow blower, or the convenience of battery-powered operation. Both have advantages and drawbacks, but you’ll need to decide on which option is right for you.
Snow Blower Features
Look for the following features in your snow blower when making your purchase.
- Handle – Make sure that your snow blower has an ergonomic handle to reduce operator fatigue. Some snowblowers allow you to adjust the height and rake of the handle.
- Trigger lock – This feature locks the snow blower in motion, reducing operator fatigue in your hands.
- Variable speed control – Adjust the speed of the machine to suit your snow clearing requirements.
- Cutting depth – This feature determines the depth of the snow the machine can clear.
- Clearance width – This feature determines the width of the opening on the front of the machine, and how much snow the machine can consume during operation.
- Throwing distance – This feature determines how far the machine throws the snow from the cute.
- The motor size – You’ll need a powerful motor for clearing heavy snowfalls.
- Oversize wheels – Big wheels help you maneuver the machine with ease.
- Swivel snow chute – Point the snow chute in any direction.
Add an electric snow blower to your power tool collection this winter, and avoid the hassle of shoveling snow from your driveway, porch, and walkways around the home. The ten snow blowers in this review are all reliable and effective machines for clearing your yard after the snowfalls begin.
Choose the snow blower that’s right for your application, based on the information in this review and buying guide. Any of these machines will make an excellent addition to your tool shed and save you hours of back-breaking labor this winter season.
With a snow blower, clearing snow doesn’t have to be a chore, and you get the advantage of a machine that will last you for many winters to come.