Your car is your pride and joy. After picking it up at the dealership, you swear that you won’t get a scratch on it until you sell it in three years. The only issue with your situation is where do you intend on keeping the vehicle? You don’t have a garage at home, and there’s only the flat concrete driveway as a parking space.
Cars need cover from the sun, rain, and nature’s elements. Without shelter, your paintwork fades, and your vehicle is at risk of damage from debris in a storm. A carport solves this problem, giving your vehicle protection against the sun, wind, rain, and debris blowing around in the wind.
There are dozens of different styles of carports available. From semi-permanent structures to permanent or collapsible units, there’s a carport to suit any situation. Whether you need to install a carport at your home or take one with you on vacation, we have something in this review to suit your needs.
This post looks at the best carports for your vehicle. We’ll unpack our top picks and make recommendations on top models we feel make a great choice for your carport.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Carport Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Carport Buyers Guide
- 4.1 Why Do I Need a Carport?
- 4.2 What are the Types of Carports?
- 4.3 What Size Carport Do I Need?
- 4.4 What Is the Best Color for My Carport?
- 4.5 What Can I Expect to Pay for a Carport?
- 4.6 Do I Need To Check with the Council for a Permit?
- 5 Carport FAQs
- 6 Carports – The Verdict
We looked through dozens of online listings when curating this list of the best carports. We settled on the eight models, with these three options representing our top picks for the review. We have something to suit any vehicle and any budget. Choose the carport that suits your lifestyle needs.
Best Pick: Arrow Eggshell Double Carport
- VERSATILE SHADE STRUCTURE: The 20 x 20-foot carport from Arrow is a multi-use shelter that protects vehicles, boats, tractors. Also works as a shade structure for picnic areas
- DURABLE: Industrial grade 2 x 3-inch 15-gauge steel frame and 29-gauge painted galvanized steel roof resist corrosion for years of quality use
- ULTIMATE ROOF DESIGN: Roof features horizontal panels and rounded eaves for additional protection from the elements
- DIY ASSEMBLY: Slip-fit frame connection and self-drilling screws makes assembly simple
- ALL-WEATHER PROTECTION: Wind speed rating of 100 mph and snow/ground load rating of 35 prf for tough protection against the elements
The Arrow Eggshell double carport wins our award for the best overall carport in this review. This model comes with an all-steel design, featuring a 29-gauge steel roof painted in eggshell color. You get a corrosion-resistant powder coating for the frame and a semi-permanent fixture to your driveway or parking area at the office.
Runner-Up Pick: ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box
- 1-3/8 in. / 3,1 cm all-steel frame, bonded with thermoset premium powder-coated finish.
- Advanced engineered triple-layer ripstop polyethylene cover is waterproof, with added fade blockers, resulting in a fabric cover that withstands the elements
- Patented ShelterLock stabilizers ensure rock solid stability, delivers a stable, more durable shelter
- Ratchet-Tite cover tensioning system ensures a drum tight cover and door-panel connection to shelter frame. Quality ratchet and web strap components keep cover tight and neat looking
- Easy Slide Cross Rail system locks down the cover and provides for continuous cover tightening
This “Garage-in-a-Box” from ShelterLogic is a great choice for a semi-permanent structure. With this model, you get complete protection around your vehicle, with a domed effect to the top of the carport. This model comes with rip-proof, UV-resistant, waterproof fabric and a zip-up front door. It’s the ideal choice for your summer home at the lake this season.
Budget Pick: Caravan Canopy Domain Pro 200 Carport
- Product Dimensions: 240" x 120" x 98"
- Height Specifiactions: Ground to Bottom of Peak Valance - 98" | Ground to Bottom of Peak Pole - 103" | Ground to Bottom of Valance Pole - 70" | Ground to Bottom of Side Valance - 65"
- Get 200 square feet of shade and sun protection underneath
- Sturdy steel frame with compression lock
- The Caravan Canopy Carport Garage has durable powder-coated steel frame6-leg construction with 1.375 inch diameter tubing. Frame Material - Metal
This model is our choice for the best budget buy in this review. You get 200-square feet of shade under the carport, with a 10′ x 20′ canopy. The all-steel frame is sturdy, with a corrosion-resistant powder-coated finish. It’s a great choice for a temporary carport at any location, and it doesn’t require installation on a concrete slab.
After reading through our top picks, you probably have an idea of the best car port to suit your application.
Let’s unpack our top choices in detail and look at a few other models that suit your needs. Check out our buyers guide section after the reviews for helpful tips when picking out the best car port.
Arrow Eggshell Double Carports
If you’re looking for a semi-permanent or permanent carport, this model from Arrow is a great choice. Carports need to be strong, stable structures, and you get that with this model. This carport frame comes built from durable 15-gauge steel, and it has the strength to stand up to extreme weather, with wind-speed ratings of up to 100-mph.
The steel frame features a powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance and chip resistance, making it the ideal choice for coastal homes. The sea air doesn’t have a chance to get to any exposed metal. Since it’s suitable for use in humid areas near the ocean or lakeside, it makes a good choice for a boathouse.
This model is the flagship from Arrow, offering you 20’ x 20’ of under roof floorspace. The five pillars support the roof, with a seven-foot height and an 8.5-foot peak, making it compatible with RVs and boats that need that extra overhead room in the carport.
This Arrow carport comes with a galvanized steel roof, featuring 29-gauge painted steel in eggshell color. The light color of the roof reflects the sun’s rays, keeping temperatures cool under the carport. The corrugated steel is strong, with a snow and ground load rating of 35 PRF. You get rugged and robust protection against the elements with this all-metal carport.
The only drawback with this carport is the lack of sidewalls. However, sidewall kits are available for manufacturers allowing you to add extra protection to the carport, turning it into a makeshift garage.
- All steel design.
- 20 x 20-foot carport fits two cars.
- Multi-use shelter for cars, RVs, caravans, and boats.
- Works as a shade for picnic areas.
- Industrial-grade 2” x 3” 15-gauge steel frame.
- 29-gauge galvanized steel painted roof.
- Simple assembly.
- Wind-speed rated to 100-mph.
- Available in eggshell or charcoal color roof.
If you’re looking for a temporary carport, this ShelterLogic “Garage-in-a-Box” is our top choice for the best premium model in this review. With this carport, you get 12′ x 20′ x 8′ of space, which is enough to cover large sedans, pickups, RVs, and Caravans.
This model comes with an arched design, featuring 7-feet overhead space and more than enough room to maneuver around inside the carport. The frame of this portable carport features an all-steel design, with 1-3/8 inch tubing that’s resistant to extreme weather conditions, with ratings up to 100-mph.
The tubing is easy to assemble, and it takes two people, around four to six hours, to construct the carport, with all tools included with your purchase. This model comes with a powder-coated finish on the frame for corrosion resistance.
The carport cover provides protection from all sides, with a zipper front door for easy access to your car. The advanced engineering on the triple-layer ripstop polyethylene cover offers you waterproof protection for your vehicle. The fabric gives your vehicle 100% protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays, keeping your paintwork looking fresh.
However, the material is fade-resistant, lasting for years in direct sunlight. The fabric also comes with anti-fungal treatment, ensuring no mold growth inside your carport. The cover secures using a ratchet-tite system, providing you with a drum-tight finish to securing the cover to the frame. The strapping and ratchet components give the cover a tight, neat look.
- 12 x 20-foot temporary carport.
- All-steel powder-coated frame for corrosion resistance.
- Triple-layer ripstop polyethylene weatherproof cover.
- UV treated material with fade-blocking.
- Anti-microbial and anti-fungal agents.
- “ShelterLock” system for a stable shelter.
- Rachet tightening system.
Caravan Canopy Domain Pro 200 Carport
If you’re looking for the best budget buy in this review, we think you’ll get the best value from this caravan canopy from Domain Shelters. This model is easy to set up anywhere, giving your vehicle protected from the sun and rain.
With the Caravan Canopy Domain Pro 200 Carport, you get enough undercover floor space to fit an SUV, pickup, or RV. The large 10′ x 20′ canopy has a peak height of 8’9″ with a valance height of 5’10”, giving you plenty of room under the canopy. This model comes with versatile use. It’s suitable for a carport, or set it up as a canopy shade in your yard.
The all-steel frame features 1-3/8″ diameter tubing, with a white powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance. While it’s suitable for protecting your car against the sun and light rain, it’s not the best choice for extreme weather, and it won’t carry a snow load.
However, the Domain Shelters Caravan Canopy is a great choice for drier areas of the country, such as the western states. The heat-sealed polyethylene roof blocks out the sun’s UV rays while resisting fading. There aren’t any sidewalls included with the kit, but you can purchase them separately from other manufacturers if you need them.
This model slots together easily, with a tool-less construction that allows for a fast setup. This lightweight carport is the ideal temporary solution, and it comes with an affordable price tag.
- Single temporary carport 10′ X 20′.
- 200 square feet of shade.
- Peak height: 8’9” valance height: 5’10”.
- Sturdy steel frame with 1.375 inch diameter tubing.
- Compression lock for easy assemble and tight canopy.
- Heat-sealed polyethylene material cover.
ShelterLogic Instant Garage
Automotive owners looking for another portable garage option can consider the ShelterLogic Instant Garage and AutoShelter. This model is similar to our best premium model, the “Garage-in-a-Box.” However, with this carport, you get a peak design with a 10’ x 15’ x 8’ all-steel frame.
The frame features design and construction with 1-3/8-inch steel tubing for a secure and wind-resistant structure that’s suitable for outdoor use in somewhat windy conditions. You get protection from the dust, wind, debris, and rain in your yard, keeping your car clean.
There’s enough under roof space to accommodate large sedans, RVs, caravans, and pickups. The fabric for the carport features advanced triple-layer ripstop materials, waterproof and UV-treated to resist fading in the sun. There’s durable stitching on the cover, with a ratcheting system to secure the cover in place for a neat finish.
The ratchet-tite cover system includes a drum-tight finish, resistant to lifting in the wind. The easy slide-and-rail system provides a simple setup, taking two people between four to six hours to complete. The front of the carport comes with a zippered door for complete protection of your vehicle.
Overall, this ShelterLogic Instant Garage is a solid choice for your carport. You get all the protection you need from the wind, dust, and rain. However, it’s important to note that this carport isn’t suitable for use in snowy climates. It doesn’t offer any snow load rating.
- 10’ x 15’ x 8’ frame.
- Steel frame with premium powder-coated finish.
- Advanced triple-layer ripstop materials.
- ShelterLock ratcheting system for a secure fit.
- Easy-slide cross-rail system.
Versatube Steel Shelter Carport
Homeowners looking for a semi-permanent carport solution can consider this model from VersaTube. VersaTube makes excellent carports that have a clean, functional design, with a minimalist approach and look. You get a roof supported by a frame and no sidewalls offering protection for your vehicle.
This carport is an excellent choice if you live in areas of the country that doesn’t experience extreme weather. However, if you do need side panels, there are several kits available from manufacturers online. This VersaTube model is a fantastic option, but you’ll also need to mount it on a level, flat surface.
This carport measures 18’ x 20’ x 10’ with plenty of under roof space for large sedans and even RVs. This carport comes with an all-steel construction featuring 2” x 3” steel tubing and a 29-gauge steel roof. The frame comes with a powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance and long service life.
This carport can withstand winds up to 90-mph, with a snow load rating of 22-lbs. The roof features a peak design, with plenty of under roof clearance for your vehicle. The frame comes with predrilled holes and slots for easy mounting to a preinstalled concrete slab. The white color of the roof reflects sunlight, keeping things cool under the carport.
- All-steel construction for durability.
- 90-mph wind rating.
- 22-lbs snow load rating.
- Powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance.
- Peak design with 18’ x 20’ x 10’ sizing.
- Ready for installation.
ALEKO Outdoor Carport
This Aleko carport is another good choice for a semi-permanent structure. If you’re spending your summer away from home, take this carport along to protect your car, truck, or boat during your vacation. This model comes with a 10 x 20′ footprint, allowing for storage of your RV if you need it.
This model comes with an all-steel frame providing strength and resilience to the carport. You get stability in high winds and protection from the rain and sun. The tubular steel frame offers easy assembly, and it takes two people around two hours to build this carport. As a bonus, you don’t need to build it on a completely level surface, making it ideal for use on grass surfaces.
The beige cover reflects the sunlight, keeping things cool inside the carport on hot summer days. The material on the cover offers you protection from the wind and the sun’s UV rays, with full waterproofing. The cover comes with a zip-down front door, allowing you to protect your vehicle from all angles. You secure the cover to the frame using the Velcro tabs sewn into the interior.
The only issue we have with this carport is that it doesn’t come with a drum-tight fit to the cover. As a result, the sidewalls and roof tend to move around more in the wind than with the ShelterLogic models we looked at earlier.
- 10’ x 20’ collapsible carport.
- Powder-coated steel frame for strength and stability.
- PVC roof and walls are weather resistant and fade resistant.
- 5-feet high at the apex.
- Easy setup with zipper front door.
- Two color options.
Arrow Charcoal Single-file Carport
The side-by-side Arrow carport won our award for the best overall carport in this review. However, several other Arrow products offer excellent value for money and protection for your vehicle. This double-length single-file carport is suitable for storing two small cars lengthways.
You get all the same advantages of the Arrow carport range, including an all-steel frame, with a powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance. This model also comes with a charcoal color, making it the better choice for cooler climates and snowy conditions.
The roof of this carport also comes with a 35 PSF snow load rating, and it can withstand winds of up to 100-mph. The 29-gauge steel roof provides you with impact resistance against debris and protection from the sun’s harmful rays that want to dull your car’s paint job.
You get a 12′ x 29′ floor space with this model, making it easy to slot two cars in lengthways or create access from either end of the carport. This Arrow carport comes with a 12-foot peak, offering you plenty of under-roof space. The roof also features a 10-inch overhang, offering your vehicle more protection from the elements.
It’s important to note that Arrow products require the installation of this carport on a flat concrete slab. It would help if you had the slab ready to go before you accept delivery of the carport. There are no sidewalls with this model, but several manufacturers offer additional sidewalls to add to your carport for further protection.
- Powder-coated galvanized steel frame and roof.
- Corrosion-resistant and long lasting.
- Suitable for a temporary or permanent carport.
- Windproof up to 100-mph.
- 29-gauge painted galvanized steel.
- 10 inch overhang at the roof gables.
- Snow load of 35 PSF.
Diig Outdoor Sun Shade Sail
If you already have sunshade posts mounted on your driveway, then you might not need a carport. Setting up a sunshade sail is all you need to keep the sun and rain off your vehicle. This model from Diig offers you a 10’ x 14’ shaded area for your car, giving you an affordable way to protect your paintwork.
This shade sail comes with design and construction using a durable 100% high-density polyethylene material. The material provides excellent resistance to sunlight, blocking out 95% of the sun’s harmful UV rays. The corners of the sail feature hook loops, with double-stitched corners for added durability and strength in high wind conditions.
The porous material isn’t 100% waterproof, but you get protection from debris and sunlight, with no water pooling on rainy days. This sail is the ideal choice for anyone living in a hot, dry climate. The fade and rip-resistant material in the sail gives it long service life, and you have your choice of four colors to suit your home’s exterior décor.
The stainless steel loops won’t rust, and they offer an easy setup to your existing infrastructure. This affordable sail is an inexpensive way to safeguard your vehicle against the weather.
- 10′ x 14′ affordable replacement fabric roof.
- Keep the sun off your car and protect the paint.
- Suitable for light rain and debris protection.
- 100% high density polyethylene fabric.
- Available in four colors.
- Easy installation.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Other Best Selling Options
- [12x20 Feet Extra Large Size] ► 12x20 feet heavy duty carport garage is bigger than normal 10x20 carports. Perfect for storing and protecting trucks, boats and all sorts of other expensive tools and toys. It also providies shade and shelter for outdoor events like parties, weddings, picnics and other commercial or residential uses
- [Heavy Duty Powder Coated Steel Frame] ► UPGRADED heavy duty 1-1/2inch (Dia.) Powder Coated rust resistant steel metal frame. This Heavy Duty Steel Carport frame was designed to weigh more than other similar styles so that the carport is more stable, safe and less shaky. The metal corner joints add more support. The 8 Legs are 1.5 inch wide and to make the whole carport more stable and durable
- [Durable Extra Thick UV Fabric] ► Reinforced PE material is Tear-proof, Waterproof and Anti-UV. Industrial grade Cover Fabric for long lasting durability and protection guaranteed, keeping your vehicles against the season elements, such as sun, rain, hail and snow
- [Removable Sidewalls and Doors] ► The carport with 2 removable side walls and 2 doors, all the way down to the ground to fully protect your vehicles away from rain, wind and snow. The doors also rollup on each end of the carport
- [Easy to Assemble or Uninstall] ► In the manual, we numbered all the parts of the car canopy. The tool-free frame makes its set-up super quick and easy. Foot pads and anchors for added stability and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions are included. Usually, two or more adults can install this portable car tent in an hour
- Easy to Set up and Uninstall
- Durable Heavy Duty Steel Frame: Made of rust resistance steel frame, it has high strength. 38mm 8 legs structure, 1.2mm thickened and 1.65in diameter connectors, 16 steel nails, fully protected to make the whole carport stronger and more durable
- All Weather and Fade Resistant PE Cover: The top and sidewalls of our carport are made from long lasting 180g PE, keeping your vehicles against the season elements, such as sun, rain, hail, snow
- Multi Use Carport: Extra large and high, Perfect for car, wedding, parties, fairs and storage shelters like boats, truck, lawn and garden equipment
- Spring Button: Use spring buttons to connect corners and poles, no need to use additional tools, time saving, simple and fast
- 【EASY TO INSTALL & WIDE USAGE】: Simple installation with no additional tools, step-by-step instructions are included. The space in the shed is large enough to park residential vehicles or store other things you want such as, boats, tools, and toys, etc. To better protect privacy, the front and rear doors of the carports come with zippers, and the side windows are with rolling curtains.
- 【EXTRA THICKENING ANTI-UV PE FABRIC】: Use with 180G PE fabric, durable anti-UV, weatherproof cover provides your vehicles against severe weather conditions including harmful UV, heavy rain, and snow.
- 【DURABLE AND STABLE FRAME STRUCTURE】: Galvanized frame surface protects it from chipping, peeling, rusting and corrosion. Extra enhanced 1.5-inch diameter pipes are used on whole frame to increase stability and durability. Our design allows the connection of each pipe to be installed very tightly to avoid looseness and shaking after assembly. The use of extra-long steel nails and other legs nails are convenient for embedding into the soil to double ensure the stability.
- 【MULTIPLE WAYS OF USE】：Front and back doors are designed to be scrolled up and down for ventilation purpose, as well as side walls. Side windows bring better illumination and airflow. All the walls and doors of the carport can be removed when they are not needed.
- 【GUARANTEED SATISFACTION】：For any reason, a 30-day money-back guarantee is provided, a 12-month limited warranty is provided for manufacturer defects, and lifetime technical support is provided. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us 24/7.
- ✅【WARRANTY】1. Lifetime WARRANTY Replacement for Connectors, Pegs, Ropes, Elastic ropes, etc. 2. 1 Year Warranty for Covers and Poles.
- ✅【Removable Sidewall】2 removable sidewalls with clear pane style window, and each window has window cover outside.
- ✅【HEAVY DUTY】High Quality, heavy-duty powder coated steel framework.Rust & corrosion resistant frame
- ✅【WATERPROOF】Reinforced 160g polyethylene roof and wall material .Waterproof, rot-resistant, and UV protected material
- ✅【Reinforced Package】Reinforced Packaging-Wooden bracket inside, we have especially reinforced our packaging in order to keep stable.
- 【4 ADJUSTABLE HEIGHTS】- There are 4 options of the side height for this metal carport, which is 6.5ft, 7.0ft, 7.5ft and 8.0ft, accordingly peak height 9.5ft, 10.0ft, 10.5ft and 11.0ft. You can choose a suitable height for your different needs.
- 【REINFORCED TRIANGULAR POLES】- This car tent has 4 reinforced triangular poles on the top and 4 ones on the sides to reinforcing the main body frame, which makes the whole structure much more stable & sturdier, prevents structural twisting and can withstand severe outdoor weather conditions.
- 【WATERPROOF CANOPY COVER】-This car canopy is made of heat-sealed, triple-layer 180g polyethylene fabric, which is Anti-UV, waterproof, tear-proof and can protect your car or boats against all four season elements, like sun, wind, rain, dust, hail and snow.
- 【HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME WITH 8 LEGS】- This car shelter is consists of 1.5inch diameter galvanized steel poles with 8 legs, 1.2mm Thicken and 1.65Inch diameter connectors, 8 sturdy windproof ropes, 4 sandbag, 16 big steel pegs and 8 auger anchors, to make the whole steel carport much safer and more stable.
- 【EASY TO SET UP & MULTIPURPOSE】- The tool-free frame makes its set-up super quick and easy. Step-by-step instructions are included. Usually, two or more adults can install this portable car tent in half an hour. And you can use it for party, fairs, Birthday, also for storage shelters like boats, truck, lawn and garden equipment, etc.
Carport Buyers Guide
After reading through the reviews of the best carports, you probably have an idea of the right model to suit your needs. However, there’s a chance you probably don’t know which carport is the best solution for your vehicle.
This section unpacks everything you need to know about choosing the right carport for your car, truck, boat, or recreational vehicles.
Why Do I Need a Carport?
Why do you need a carport in the first place? A carport offers you plenty of benefits.
Keep Your Car Clean
The carport shields your vehicle from the rain. As a result, you don’t have to wash it as often. Some models with sidewalls protect your car from rain and dust, giving it a holistic cover.
Keep the Car Out of Extreme Weather
A carport keeps your vehicle out of extreme weather. If there’s rain and debris in the air, the carport prevents it from landing on your car.
Keep It Out of the Sun
The primary reason for owning a carport is to keep your vehicle out of the sun. There’s nothing worse than getting into a car that’s been sitting baking in the sun for hours in the midday heat.
Along with making the interior of your car uncomfortably hot, the sun’s UV rays also damage the paint. Years of exposure to UV rays dull the finish on the paintwork, ruining the resale value of your car.
Hold onto Your Resale Value
Using a carport to house your vehicle makes sense when you think about the thousands of dollars it saves you on the resale value of your car.
A clean-looking car with immaculate paintwork will always fetch a higher resale price than a car that’s been standing in the sun all its life.
What are the Types of Carports?
There are two types of carports, permanent and semi-permanent structures. The permanent structure bolts into a concrete slab, the semi-permanent option lets you deconstruct it, and you don’t need to set it up on a perfectly level surface.
However, fixed structures are the better option for homeowners. Adding a carport to your driveway can increase your property value. However, if you’re renting, then you’re going to end up building your landlord a carport for free.
If you’re renting your home, a portable carport offers you protection for your vehicle, and you can take it with you when you move.
- Fixed Structures – Fixed carports have slightly different design dynamics than collapsible carports. Most permanent carports come with steel construction for the frame and the roof or sidewalls. Steel offers your vehicle the best protection from the elements. Typically, permanent structures have better wind resistance, and they can handle snow loads.
- Collapsible Carports – A collapsible carport is a superior choice for people renting their homes or vehicle owners moving into their summer home for an extended vacation. These units are collapsible, requiring two people to set them up and around four to six hours to finish the job. Collapsible carports typically feature steel frames with material covers; the cover offers you waterproofing and wind resistance, but it won’t handle snow loads or extreme weather events where the wind gets too high. Collapsible carports are a great choice for a temporary structure or for use in less windy areas of the country where extreme weather isn’t a threat.
What Size Carport Do I Need?
Carports typically come in single or double options. The double carports cost substantially more, and they take up twice the space.
There are several carport configurations. You get the standard single and double carports and then double, single-file carports allowing you to park vehicles head-to-head.
The standard dimensions for a single carport are 10′ x 8′, with double carports averaging around 20′ x 10′.
What Is the Best Color for My Carport?
If you live in a sunny area, we recommend going with a light color for the roof of your carport. Light colors reflect the sunlight, stopping heat buildup under the carport canopy.
Dark colors are a good choice if you live in areas that experience snowfall. The dark color absorbs sunlight, helping to melt snow on the roof.
What Can I Expect to Pay for a Carport?
The most affordable carports could set you back as little as $50 for a sail-style awning or $150 for a single collapsible carport. The more premium semi-permanent structures cost up to $750, while a steel carport could cost $2,000 or more.
Do I Need To Check with the Council for a Permit?
If you’re installing a permanent carport on a concrete slab, check with your local council about permit requirements before you make a costly mistake with your carport.
What’s the standard height for a carport structure?
Most carports come with heights between 8.5’ to 12’ feet, depending on the design. Flat-roof carports are typically lower than a-frame carport roofs. A-frame roofs allow you to store stuff in the carport roof, and they also allow for easy rain run-off.
What are the requirements for installing a carport?
The requirement s for installing your carport depends on the type of carport your purchase and the manufacturer’s installation guidelines. Some models in this review, like the Arrow, require installation on a flat, level concrete slab for best performance. Installing them on a surface that isn’t level may jeopardize the structural integrity of the carport.
Is a temporary carport as good as a fixed structure?
It depends on your needs. A fixed carport can add to the value of your property, but you can’t take it with you if you sell your house. If you’re renting, you don’t want to build your landlord a free carport, but if you’re a homeowner, it’s a valuable addition to your house.
Where can I buy the best carport?
We recommend purchasing your carport from Amazon. Amazon is the leading global e-commerce retailer with the largest product range. You get the best prices through Amazon, and Prime members get free, fast delivery to their door. Amazon also offers hassle-free returns and exchanges.
Carports – The Verdict
By now, you should have an idea of the best car port to suit your needs. However, if you’re on the fence with your decision, why not go with one of our top picks?
The Arrow Eggshell Carport is our choice for the best overall carport in this review. This model comes with an all-steel design, including a heavy-duty 29-gauge steel roof. You get plenty of protection for nature’s elements and a semi-permanent structure for your driveway or commercial office space.
The ShelterLogic Garage-in-a-Box is our top choice for the best premium carport in this review. This model comes with total vehicle protection, including a zip-up front door. You get an all-steel powder-coated frame and a durable UV-resistant and waterproof cover with a drum-tight fit.
The Domain Shelters Caravan Canopy is our winner of the best budget carport in this review. You get a UV-resistant, heat-sealed PVC cover, blocking 95% of the sun’s UV rays. It’s waterproof and easy to set up on any terrain. This carport is a fantastic choice to take with you on vacation.