It’s that spooky time of year again – Halloween is coming up soon. Halloween is even more popular in America than Christmas, with tens of millions celebrating the occasion. It’s also a cause for celebration in many countries around the world.
Halloween is plenty of fun for kids, and they all anticipate a haul of candy in the evening. However, if you don’t have any decorations, the kids assume you’re not taking part in the festivities, and they’ll skip your home. By decorating your yard for the occasion, you’ll show everyone you’re participating in the fun.
If you feel like going big with your celebration this year, why not take on some outdoor Halloween decorations?
There are plenty of decorating ideas for dressing up your yard. Take part in the festivities and bring together some community spirit. This post looks at the best outdoor Halloween decorations for your yard and home. Choose a few items and create some scare tactics around your yard for everyone’s entertainment.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Halloween Decorations Reviews
- 2.1 Kringle Bros AtmosFearFx Ghostly Apparitions DVD
- 2.2 Total HomeFX Mini Projector Decoration Kit
- 2.3 Vidal Crafts 17-Piece Halloween Decoration Set
- 2.4 Halloween Fog Machine
- 2.5 Gemmy Industries Halloween Peanuts Outdoor Halloween Display
- 2.6 KXCOFTXI Halloween Decoration Witch Hat Lights
- 2.7 JIIKOOAI Jack-o-lantern Halloween Pumpkin Lantern
- 2.8 UNGLINGA Giant Outdoor Triangular Mega Spider Web
- 2.9 Joyjoz Halloween Creepy Cloth
- 2.10 Alimtois Halloween Tombstone Road Signs
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Outdoor Halloween Decorations Guide
- 5 Tips for Outdoor Halloween Decorating
- 6 What are the Types of Outdoor Halloween Decorations?
- 7 Outdoor Decorating Tips for Halloween
- 8 How Do I Store My Halloween Decorations?
- 9 Outdoor Halloween Decorations FAQs
- 10 Outdoor Halloween Decorations – The Verdict
Are you ready to enjoy the Halloween fun this year? There are thousands of decorative Halloween items available online. Choosing a few from all the listings will leave you feeling confused. We decided to take the effort out of choosing your outdoor Halloween decorations.
From our top ten recommendations, we selected three picks for the best Halloween decorations. Choose the items you feel are the best options for your décor this Halloween – or take them all and turn your yard into a haunted Halloween experience for the entire neighborhood!
Best Pick: Kringle Bros AtmosFearFx Ghostly Apparitions DVD
- Kit Includes: 40" x 60" Translucent Fabric Screen, mouting hardware & DVD of your choice
- Reaper Brothers Screen is 40" wide & 60" tall. Includes 3M moutning hardware. 3M mounts will not remove paint from the walls.
- High Resolution Screen produces vivid colors, pefrect for a 3D window effect
- Transform any environment into a haunted house with this ghoulish gathering of spooky specters! Ghostly Apparitions allows you to create the ultimate ghost hunting experience by providing a collection of restless spirits that are simply dying to inhabit your home.
- A spectacular way to decorate for Halloween!
We selected this item as the best overall Halloween decoration in this review. Sure, you need a projector to run it, but the decoration’s real experience comes from this video. AtmosFearFX creates a range of spooky and frightening DVDs featuring themes like zombie invasions and other terrifying events.
Premium Pick: Total HomeFX Mini Projector Decoration Kit
- Equipped with a single 2.4-inch LCD panel for projection
- Comes with 6 pre-loaded seasonal and holiday videos : 3 Halloween, 2 Christmas, and 1 celebration
- Includes 60-inch diagonal (4-ft. X 3-ft.) white translucent projector screen for easy display onto windows
- Includes 6-inch flex tri-pod stand for a no-hassle set-up
- Includes built-in speakers with 2W*1 stereo output
The Total HomeFX mini projector decoration kit is our choice for the best premium Halloween decoration. This projector comes with a 2.4-inch LCD and six pre-loaded themes for Halloween and Christmas.
Budget Pick: Vidal Crafts 17-Piece Halloween Decoration Set
- 🎃 OUTDOOR HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS - if you are looking for a cute and simple way to decorate your front porch and make your house stand out in the neighbourhood, search no more, as this SET OF TRENDY HALLOWEEN OUTDOOR DECORATIONS includes all you need! You get: 1 hanging banner set of 2 pieces Halloween signs, 1 set of 12 pcs 3D flying bat stickers (2 pcs x7", 2 pcs x5", 2 pcs x4", 6 pcs x3") and 3 pcs of black spooky gauze cloth 32"x72" to welcome your little visitors in a scary and fun way
- 🎃 WATERPROOF & DURABLE - 100% waterproof fabric, resistant & reusable, anti-wrinkle, easy to store and carry; the banners come pre-assembled and ready to use, very easy and fast to mount; the 3D bats are made from PVC, waterproof and durable; they come with double-sided adhesive stickers, convenient to apply or remove, the spooky gauze cloth can be used both indoors and outdoors
- 🎃 VERSATILE & REUSABLE - these halloween outdoor decorations can be used in so many ways, both indoors and outdoors. The banners are perfect for a vintage looking Halloween outdoor decor and look very classy at the front door. The decorative sticky halloween bats can be placed on the door, wall, window, on the tree in the garden, on your rustic halloween wreath or on pumpkins, at any kids or adults halloween party; the scary gauze are the perfect decoration for a haunted house look
- 🎃 SPOOKY DESIGN - the halloween door signs come in a trendy fall color combination of orange and black and have a zombie, skull, pumpkin, vampire, ghost, witch and spider creepy print; very trendy for Halloween 2020
- 🎃 100% SATISFACTION WARRANTY – order with confidence and rest assured that if for any reason you are not happy with our Halloween supplies, we will offer you a full refund or a replacement. Just contact us and our Customer Service will be very happy to solve any issue you might have.
Homeowners running a tight budget can still take part in the Halloween fun. This 17-piece decorative Halloween kit comes with plenty of decorations to get your home looking great. You get a hanging banner, two Halloween signs, 1 set of 12 3D bat stickers in different sizes, and three black spooky gauze cloths to welcome trick-or-treaters to your haunted home.
Halloween Decorations Reviews
After checking out our top three choices for Halloween decorations, you might be wondering what else you can do to decorate your yard. In this section, we unpack our top picks in further detail. We’ll also introduce you to other great choices for Halloween decorations.
Choose one piece, or take them all. We spent hours looking through listings, so you don’t have to. We found these ten choices as the best Halloween decorations available; check them out for yourself.
Kringle Bros AtmosFearFx Ghostly Apparitions DVD
This spooky “Ghostly Apparitions” DVD from AtmosFearFX is a great choice for your Halloween decorations. Why go to the hassle of putting up decorations when you can project them? There’s no cleanup, and you get a simple setup.
This DVD features five terrifying ghost themes that have a realistic visual effect. The DVD includes a 40″ x 60″ screen featuring a design with translucent fabric. As a result, it picks up the image, but visitors to your home can’t see the screen, giving an authentic look to the picture.
This DVD comes with five ghost effects, and you can project onto walls and TV screens as well. The screen comes with 3M mounting hardware for easy setup. Unfortunately, there is no projector included with this option.
- Stunning images and spooky visuals
- Includes translucent screen
- 3M mounting hardware
- 5 Ghoulish effects
- Optional use on walls and TVs
- Digital decorating option with easy setup
Total HomeFX Mini Projector Decoration Kit
If you’re looking for a step up from the Ghostly Apparitions, we present this Total HomeFX mini projector.
This model comes with a projector featuring five pre-installed themes. You get two Halloween themes and two Xmas versions, with one general celebration display. This model has versatile use for Halloween, Xmas, and New Year’s Eve.
The projector features a 2.4-inch display for preview and settings, and you get a translucent screen included with your purchase. This model even comes with built-in speakers and a simple setup.
This projector might be more on the expensive side, but it’s great value for your money.
- Projector and six pre-loaded videos
- 2.4-inch LCD control panel
- Includes translucent screen
- Comes with a 6-inch flexible tripod
- Built-in speakers
- Simple setup
Vidal Crafts 17-Piece Halloween Decoration Set
Homeowners looking for the most affordable Halloween set this year will love this Vidal Craft option. This set comes with 17-pieces, featuring a spooky Halloween theme.
You get a plastic design with garden stakes, banners, and adhesive bats. Most of the pieces in this set are reusable, provided you take care of them till the following year. This decorative kit is affordable and comes with a satisfaction guarantee.
- Affordable 17-piece kit
- Waterproof and durable
- Spooky designs
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Easy setup
Halloween Fog Machine
Create a cloud of spooky fog around your home. This fogger creates a fantastic creepy effect on its own, or use it to accentuate your display.
With this fogger, you get a 400-Watt heater and a 15-foot remote for total control over the system.
The fogger holds 1-pint of fogging fluid, which lasts for 4-hours of use and maximum output. This model comes with a timer and an easy setup.
Add it to your projector display for a thrilling effect. You get 2,000-square feet of output from this machine, making it great for use on the porch or in the yard.
- 2,000-cubic feet of fog output
- 15-foot wired remote
- 1-Pint fog fluid capacity
- 400-Watt heater for powerful outdoor performance
- Easy setup
Gemmy Industries Halloween Peanuts Outdoor Halloween Display
If you have younger kids, chances are they’re going t bed with nightmares if you set up the Ghostly Apparitions DVD. If you want something a little more child-friendly, then this Peanuts display is a great choice.
You get an inflatable design for easy setup and storage and a light-up-display for your yard. This inflatable features a Snoopy and Woodstock theme, with a Jack-O-Lantern included for a Halloween look.
- Inflatable design for easy setup and storage
- Snoopy and Woodstock theme
- Light-up display
- Jack-O-Lantern design
KXCOFTXI Halloween Decoration Witch Hat Lights
These witch hats are a cute and decorative way to bring some color to your yard this Halloween. This 12-piece witch hat set features attractive colors and east setup.
You get battery-powered operation, with 48-hour service life. Considering you’ll only be running these lights for a few hours each day, the batteries should last a week or two.
- 12-piece Halloween light set
- Multi-color design
- Easy setup
- Battery-powered operation
JIIKOOAI Jack-o-lantern Halloween Pumpkin Lantern
The Jack-O-Lantern is one of the hallmarks of Halloween. This decorative display is possibly the most popular Halloween display you can find on porches across America.
However, carving a Halloween pumpkin is a lot of hard work, and it’s a messy experience. Why go to the hassle of carving a Jack-O-Lantern when you can buy a pre-made on that lasts for years. This model offers you a durable and realistic Jack-O-Lantern, with lighting attachment included.
You get easy setup and bright operation. The high-quality, shatterproof design makes it the ideal long-lasting Halloween decoration.
- Avoid the mess of carving a pumpkin
- High-quality shatterproof design
- Large size
- Lights up at night
- Suitable for pumpkin replacement
UNGLINGA Giant Outdoor Triangular Mega Spider Web
Give your home a creepy look this Halloween. This giant spider and web set is a great way to decorate your yard. This set comes with a 23 x 17-foot web and a large, scary tarantula with red eyes. This set offers you great value for your money and easy installation with hook and stakes.
The sturdy spiderweb is wind and rain resistant, and you can combine this web with other spider sets to create a spookier effect. The cobweb features a stretchable design, allowing you easy setup.
- Giant spider design offers good value for your money
- Sturdy spider web
- Large web
- Holds in the wind and rain
- Easy setup
Joyjoz Halloween Creepy Cloth
Homeowners will love this affordable decoration. You get large webbing, covering 860-square feet, allowing you to dress it up with other ornaments like bats and spiders.
This web is stretchy, with excellent wind and rain resistance.
This webbing is the ideal choice for making a haunted house. It’s a versatile decoration that lasts for years.
- Affordable Halloween decoration
- Large webbing
- Good value for money
- Weather and wind-resistant
- Covers up to 860-square feet
- Stretchy and easy to use
Alimtois Halloween Tombstone Road Signs
This set of six yard-signs is a great way to dress up your lawn for Halloween. Add some tombstones and danger signs to your yard, creating an apocalyptic effect.
These signs feature design and construction with foam and corrugated plastic, making them reusable. Get three tombstones and three warning signs, with 15-inch displays and stakes for easy setup on your lawn.
These signs are weather-resistant and affordable, making them a great choice for your Halloween décor.
- 3-road signs and three yard-signs
- Lifesize design
- Reusable with plastic stakes
- Foam design
Other Best Selling Options
- Covers over 800 square feet
- ☞【Super Value Pack for Halloween Decoration】 - You will get 16 Feet Triangular Giant Spider Web, 35" Halloween spider, 24" Hairy Spider. Super Value Pack for Halloween Decor!Placed it in outdoor yards & homes, give your neighbors and friends some surprises!
- ☞【Vivid & Scary design】Black furry spider with scary red eyes & hairy body feels and looks real. Attach huge spider web well, awesome and creepy, make your main centerpiece of your Halloween theme.
- ☞【Adjustable & Long Lasting】Bendable spider legs allow it to hang on anything like the web, trees, windowsill and so on. The durable web, with 1 gutter bracket and 5 ground stakes, has strong sturdy polyester threads blend to survive extreme weather.
- ☞【Easy to Set up 】Legs can be folded freely into the way you want, lightweight & white spider web with hook, very sturdy and durable, easy to fix it to wall, front porch and lawn, survive extreme weather. Easily folded and storage for next Halloween, exactly what you need for Halloween Décor!
- ☞【Great Halloween Atmosphere Everywhere】Halloween spider web with Halloween spider decorations, creepy decor for outdoor indoor, front porch, outside doorway, door, yard, tree, home, office, dorm, wall, windows, fit in any occasion of Halloween decor. Make this year's Halloween more interesting!
- HALLOWEEN YARD DECORATIONS SET CONTAINS: 6PCS large sized Halloween yard signs with scary warning: "We’re Tired Of Hiding The Bodies", "No Trespassing", "No Enter", "Watch Out", "Beware", "We Will Kill Again", "Happy Halloween", "Trick or Treat", "Haunted Estates", "Enter If You Dare", "Shh Don’t Talk", "Must Be Quiet"
- HALLOWEEN YARD DECOR: To welcome and let everyone know where the party is. Our creepy yard signs stakes for outside Halloween decorations, are the perfect addition to any spooky house! These spooky bloody lawn signs make the entrance to the yard fun and work out awesome to decorate outside for your Halloween party!
- EASY TO PUT UP: Our Halloween signs with plastic stakes are easy to assemble. With the plastic stakes for ground use, it’s super easy to stick in the ground - Just slide the stakes into the holes on the signs and then insert them into the lawn ground.
- HIGH-QUALITY YARD DECORATIONS: Halloween Yard Signs are professionally printed on durable, corrugated plastic. 6-Piece yard decorations are waterproof and can be used outdoors. The yard signs are made of wood-colored plastic and decorated with blood splatter, vampire, skeleton, grim reaper and skull. They can hold up nicely for a long time and be saved for use next year.
- Free Yoka HALLOWEEN YARD SIGNS SET are more sturdy and bigger than any other brands. Please buy with confidence. Reusable for years. Perfect for scary yard decorations, Halloween parties, carnivals, mazes, and etc.
- 🎃 Halloween Witch Hat Decoration : The perfect combination of a witch hat and multi-color string lights to light up your Halloween. The best decorations for Halloween will make you feel like you are in a fairy tale. They are crazy fun for your Halloween decoration and parties!
- 🎃 2020 Unique Design : New Outdoor Halloween Decorations. There are 10 packs individual witch hats in the package (3 orange + 3 purple+ 2 red + 2 blue), each one has a battery box and control. You could Control the displayed effect by turning on the colors you like. For example, if you only like the purple one and orange one, you could only turn on those lights. Each hat have 10 LED lights inside.
- 🎃 Upgraded RGB Colorful Led Light : Different from other light strings,our lights are colorful. The multi-color RGB light will the witch hat colorful, this will create a special and brighter decoration effect for Halloween.
- 🎃 2 in 1 Halloween Witch Hats : This Halloween hanging witch hat can not only be used as a garden decoration, but also can be used for wearing as real hat. Ideal to decorate indoor, outdoor, patio, tree, garage, porch, eaves. It can add a perfect festive atmosphere for Halloween wherever you hanging the light, allowing party-goers to enjoy themselves
- 🎃 Waterproof & Battery Operated : IP44 Waterproof design is perfect for indoor and outdoor decorations. The improved witch hat is very strong, they will not be blown off or broken. Batteries are Included and Installed in the battery box already. Ready for Immediate Use. One button easily turns on & off the string lights. The CR2032 batteries are replaceable.
- 🎃Halloween Spider Web Lights —— Classic Halloween black spider web , 3.25FT diameter black spider web with 70 orange lights, 11.8'' x 3.5'' black spider and 196'' lead in, it is bigger enough when you hang on it.
- 🎃Function Upgrade —— 3 kinds of lighting modes including steady on, random flash, and fade. Change the mode as you like. Perfect for decorative your home , use Spider Web Lights to attract and amaze your neighbors!
- 🎃Safe and Waterproof —— UL certified waterproof bulbs and plug , can withstand drizzle and water droplets. It has a safe low voltage and will keep cool after long-term use. No need to worry about using it outdoor.
- 🎃Easy to Match —— 8 white sticky hooks allow hanging on wall, window, and door. Also as backdrop/curtain, garden/yard, and lawn, porch, balcony and patio decor,Spiders can be removed to everywhere you like, create a horrible atmosphere .
- 🎃Widely Used —— Decorate your wall, and yard/courtyard, hedge and fence, porch and patio. Perfect for Halloween themed party, masquerade, and costume party, bar and house of horrors.
Outdoor Halloween Decorations Guide
After reading through the reviews of the best Halloween decorations, it’s time to settle on the best option or options for your yard. In this post, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about Halloween decorations and how to choose the right ones for your outdoor display.
When Do I Start Decorating for Halloween?
According to tradition, most people start dressing up their homes for Halloween in the two weeks before the event. That means you can start dressing up your home with a spectacular display in mid-October.
Pick a weekend where you have nothing planned, and involve your kids in the decorating process. Decorating your home with fun Halloween stuff is a great way to bond with your kids and spend some quality time with each other.
It’s possible to complete your decorations in a few hours during the afternoon. Suppose you’re setting up a large display, it’s better to start on a Saturday morning. If you don’t finish, you can wrap things up on Sunday. However, unless you’re constructing an entire haunted house, you can get away with finishing your decorating job in a few hours.
Tips for Outdoor Halloween Decorating
Before you order your Halloween decorations and start throwing things together around your home, it’s time for some planning. We have a few ideas to maximize the visual effects of your theme. Consider these Halloween decorating tips before you start spending money.
Choose a Halloween Theme
What kind of Halloween theme do you want to create? Do you want to go with a spooky ghost idea? Maybe zombies or witches? Some homeowners with young kids might opt for a less scary option, like lights and Snoopy-themed decorations that aren’t frightening.
Your theme dictates how you combine your decorations. If you’re buying a large set, then the set will follow a theme. However, if you’re buying everything individually, we recommend sticking to one theme instead of mixing and matching your decorations.
Buy Affordable Decorations Online
Online retailers have the best prices for Halloween decorations. Brick-and-mortar stores have a limited range, and they have to pay other overheads for the business resulting in higher prices.
With an online retailer, you get affordable Halloween merch, with a large selection and free delivery. Why risk it going to the store only to be disappointed with what you find. An online retailer like Amazon has plenty of choices for your Halloween display.
Create the Fear with a Scare Factor
Using scare tactics for a ghoulish display provides a stunning effect. Going with a projector and ghost video will leave your neighbors thinking they saw the real thing. It’s Halloween, and everyone needs a good fright from time to time.
With projectors and ghost-themed DVDs, you create a moving, lifelike decorative display. It’s a change from the traditional decorations and a new edge on realistic displays. Turn your home into a ghost-inspired theme park that catches your neighbors attention.
What are the Types of Outdoor Halloween Decorations?
There are dozens of different Halloween decorations available from your favorite online retailer. We recommend looking at the following items.
- Halloween Projectors – Create a realistic, spooky, visual display at your home. Some projectors come with pre-installed themes, while others require you to purchase a DVD.
- Halloween Projector Themes – Create your digital Halloween theme using a range of scary DVDs. These DVDs produce lifelike images cast onto translucent screens. Choose from various themes, including ghosts and zombie displays.
- Fog Machines – Create a sense of a terrifying haunted house with a fog machine. Fog machines add more ambiance to a display, creating a spooky effect when used on its own.
- Statues and Figurines – There are plenty of statues and figurines available, from bats and vampires to Freddy Krueger statues.
- Jack-O-Lanterns – Instead of going to the mess of carving out a pumpkin this year, get a Jack-O-Lantern decoration instead. These decorations come in a range of sizes and smile options, with artificial LED lighting creating a ghostly effect.
- Spider Webs – Make your home look like a deserted haunted mansion. Spider webs are a great choice to add around your home, providing a creepy effect.
- Halloween Lights – Light up your yard with a compelling display of light, and watch it draw in the trick-or-treaters.
- Yard Displays – Yard displays are effective and reusable. Choose from tombstones, bats, pumpkins, and a variety of Halloween themes.
- Halloween Inflatables – Inflatables offer easy setup and compact storage, and many models come with lighting choices. Choose from a range of themes, from Snoopy to zombies.
- Halloween Sets – Sets are a good choice for an all-in-one decorative solution this Halloween.
Outdoor Decorating Tips for Halloween
Before you pull out the ladder and get to work putting up your Halloween decorations, read through this section. We’ll give you some ideas on how to put a display and pack away your decorations.
Don’t Overdo It
It’s easy to find yourself splashing out on a boat-load of decorations to celebrate Halloween, especially if you love it as much as we do.
However, over-doing things won’t work out to your advantage. Putting too many decorations in one space or including too many themes in pone display ruins the effect.
Instead, you get a cluttered look, and no-one really gets what you’re trying to say.
Don’t Overuse Halloween Figurines
Your Halloween figurines and displays, like skeletons, should form the focal point of your presentation. If you have too many large items, it detracts from the visual experience, creating a cluttered look.
Always Fasten Halloween Decorations Properly
Remember to fasten down strings to prevent your display from falling apart.
Create a Spooky but Simple Theme
There’s no need to go all-out with your decorations. Stick to a simple theme, and it will turn out great.
Get Your Fixtures and Hardware Beforehand
There’s nothing more frustrating than having to run down to the hardware store in the middle of constructing your display.
How Do I Store My Halloween Decorations?
After the fun ends, it’s time to pack away your decorations until next year. Most decorations allow for reuse, provided you store them correctly. Remember, they will be in a box or storage container for a year, so make sure you dust-proof everything when putting it away.
- Storing Halloween Lights – Take an empty roll of kitchen towels, and use it to wrap up your lights. The roll prevents everything from tangling together. If you don’t have a kitchen roll, use a flat piece of cardboard. Before storing your lights, turn them on for the last time to check everything is in working order.
- Storing Halloween Displays – Keep the box your decorations come in, and use it to hold the larger items. You can wrap them in a newspaper to prevent dust from getting over everything, or store them in an airtight container till next year.
Tips for Storing Your Halloween Ornaments
- Keep your boxes – As mentioned, we recommend keeping your boxes. If you have fragile ornaments or displays, buy some bubble wrap and package everything before putting it away.
- Don’t store wooden decorations in the basement – Avoid storing your Halloween decorations in the basement. Basements can get humid and wet, ruining your decorations.
- Remember to label your decorations – Label everything before packing it away. With clear labels, you’ll know where everything is next Halloween.
Safety Tips for Hanging Halloween Decorations
When setting up your Halloween display, you’re going to have to put yourself in some compromising positions. It might surprise you to learn than more than 300-people die falling off ladders each year. You don’t want anything to happen that could have you spending Halloween in the emergency room.
Let’s go over some practical safety tips. Make sure you read through everything before setting up your display.
- Make sure you inspect the ladder for damage before use.
- Never use a ladder that doesn’t lock properly
- Place your ladder on a level, stable surface.
- Make sure you keep at least 4-feet between the base of the ladder and the wall.
- Never climb onto the top three rungs of the ladder.
- Always have someone hold the bottom of the ladder when climbing and working.
- Never move the ladder when someone is using it.
- Avoid hanging decorations near electrical hazards.
- Hang your light display during the day when you can see.
- Never turn your Halloween lights in stormy weather.
- Don’t overload the ladder beyond its capacity.
- Always have someone around with a cellphone to call 911 if there’s an emergency.
Check Your Decorating Plan Before You Start
Before you start decorating, you need a plan. Throwing things together isn’t going to work out for your display. Assess your yard, and plan where you want to place each decoration. Think about how many light strings you need, and where you’re going to set your focal display.
Assess both your plan and your equipment before you start decorating. If you’re using lights, make sure you plug them in and test them before you string them up. The last thing you want to do is waste an hour putting up lights, only to find they’re faulty.
When connecting light displays, make sure you follow the manufacturer guidelines on combining strings. Overloading the lights could result in a malfunction of the string. Hanging lights is a team effort, so involve your kids in the decorating fun.
Make sure you have at least one other adult around to call for help if an accident occurs.
Outdoor Halloween Decorations FAQs
Is there any bad luck associated with putting up your Halloween decorations too early?
It’s bad luck to put your Xmas decorations up early, but there’s no problem with doing it early for Halloween. If you’re a Halloween-head, then you might even start a whole month in advance; it’s up to you.
Why do we celebrate Halloween?
Halloween is a pagan, Celtic tradition. As the harvest season drew to a close, the Celts would honor their gods by holding a celebration. The Christian religion then adopted “All Saints Day” to commemorate the occasion and overthrow the pagan tradition.
What is “Devils Night?”
The night before Halloween, October 30th, also goes by the moniker of “Devils Night.” The Irish coined the term, with its origins going back to the 1880s. On Devil’s Night, towns would experience mischief, blamed on goblins and fairies. When American culture adopted the tradition, it morphed into reckless youth toilet papering trees and soaping windows. Today, that event turned into the infamous “trick-or-treat” system kids enjoy around the world.
Where do I buy Halloween decorations?
We recommend purchasing your Halloween decorations on Amazon. Amazon has the best range and the lowest prices for all your Halloween décor. Prime members get free shipping to their doorstep and a buyer protection guarantee. Amazon’s customer service is top-level, and you’ll have no issues with processing returns and refunds.
Outdoor Halloween Decorations – The Verdict
By now, you should be thinking about how you’re going to put together the items you want in a thrilling Halloween display.
However, we realize it’s challenging to settle on a few items, especially if you’re running a budget. If you’re having a tough time deciding on the best outdoor Halloween decorations for your yard, why not rely on our top picks?
The Kringle Bros AtmosFearFx Ghostly Apparitions DVD is out top choice for the best overall Halloween decorations. However, you don’t get a projector with this DVD. IF you have a projector at home, then this DVD provides hours of spooky entertainment for your neighbors. You get a translucent cloth included with the DVD for an enhanced effect that’s truly terrifying.
If you’re looking for the best premium Halloween decoration, we recommend going with the Total HomeFX Mini Projector Decoration Kit. This projector comes with pre-installed Halloween themes and Xmas themes, giving it multi-purpose functionality for the festive season as well. This projector comes with a translucent screen and a flexion tripod for easy setup and use.
The Vidal Crafts 17-Piece Halloween Decoration Set is an affordable choice for your Halloween decorations. This set comes with 17-pieces, including bats, spiderwebs, and door banners. It’s a great way to take part in the festivities, without breaking your bank account. You get waterproof signs that are reusable for years to come.