This guide contains reviews of our top picks for the best outdoor electric grills. It also features a handy buyer’s guide, which highlights some of the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for an electric grill.
We’ve also included a FAQ section, which includes answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about outdoor electric grills. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to choose the best outdoor electric grill for your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Electric Grill Reviews
- 2.1 George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2.2 Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand
- 2.3 George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 2.4 Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro Tru-Infrared Electric Grill
- 2.5 Techwood Electric BBQ Grill
- 2.6 George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Rectangular Electric Grill
- 2.7 Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
- 2.8 Coyote Outdoor Living C1EL120SM 19 Inch 2 Burner Electric Grill
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Outdoor Electric Grill Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Outdoor Electric Grill FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
If you’re in a rush and you don’t have the time to read through detailed reviews but you want to be sure you’ll find the best model for your needs, this section is for you. Here, we offer a brief overview of our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget outdoor grills.
These reviews are short, concise, and highlight the key features of the models we selected for each of the aforementioned categories, so you’ll be able to scan through them quickly and get the information you need to make the right choice for you.
- The Best Pick: George Foreman GI1O200BK Electric Grill
The name George Foreman is synonymous with electric grills, as the manufacturer really put these non-traditional grills on the scene by offering a variety of different models that are designed to cook healthier food than gas and electric grills. Of all the different models that George Foreman offers, the GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill stands above the rest.
- The Premium Pick: Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill
If you’re on the market for a top-of-the-line outdoor electric grill, consider the Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersStand. While it’s smaller than our pick for the best overall outdoor electric grill, it’s lighter weight and easier to transport. And while it may be smaller, the 145 square inch cooking surface is still large enough to cook 8 steaks or burgers, between 6 and 10 chicken breasts, or about 4 pounds of fish all at one time.
- The Budget Pick: George Foreman 15-Serving Electric Grill
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, but high-quality outdoor electric grill, this option by George Foreman is definitely a great choice. As our budget pick, it’s affordably priced, but the quality certainly isn’t cheap. It features a 240 square inches of circular grilling surface; enough space to cook up to 15 servings of food.
Electric Grill Reviews
Now that we’ve shared a quick review of our top three picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget outdoor electric grills, let’s take a more in-depth look at each option. In this section, you’ll find a more detailed review of each of the above-mentioned models, as well as additional high-quality and reliable models.
George Foreman GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
Our pick for the best overall outdoor electric grill is the GIO2000BK Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill from George Foreman. It features a 240 inch circular grilling surface that can cook up to 15 servings for those large gatherings.
The grill plate is coated with a non-stick material, so there’s no need to use oil or butter, which means healthier food, yet your food won’t stick to the surface, so it tastes better, too. The non-stick cook plate is removable, too, which makes for fast clean up.
The cook surface stands on a removable stand, so you can go from cooking outdoor to indoor grilling in just a few seconds. The temperature control allows the grill to be heated to five different settings so you can perfectly prepare your food. It heats up quick, too; all you need to do is plug it into an outlet, set the temperature to the desired setting, and it will be ready to use in just a few short minutes.
A lid contains the heat for faster cooking and traps in odors, too. This George Foreman electric outdoor grill is also apartment approved, too.
- Features a 240 square inch circular cooktop
- Non-stick coating eliminates the need for butter and oil for healthier foods
- Removable cook plate for fast and easy cleaning
- 5 adjustable temperature settings
- Removable stand for indoor outdoor cooking
- Heats up quickly
- Apartment approved
Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand
For the best premium outdoor grill, we chose the Cuisinart CEG-980 Outdoor Electric Grill with VersaStand. At 145 square inches, the grilling area is a bit smaller than the previously mentioned George Foreman grill; however, it’s still enough space to fit up to 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish.
The cooking surface is coated with a non-stick material, so there’s no need for oil or grease, so your food will be healthier and cleanup will be faster and easier. The cooktop sits on a telescoping stand, which includes two legs, and can easily be set up or collapsed for fast storage.
The lid features a briefcase-style handle and the grill weighs only 17 pounds, so it’s really easy to transport. The grill offers 1,500 watts and 5,120 BTUs of power, so it heats up quickly and maintains steady heat. No assembly is necessary; just pop it out of the box when you receive it, plug it into an outlet, and you’ll be ready to start grilling up delicious and nutritious meals.
- 145 square inch cooktop can accommodate plenty of food at one time
- Offers 1,500 watts and 5,120 BTU of power for fast cooking
- Porcelain-enameled coated grill grate
- Features a briefcase-style handle and weighs just 17 pounds for easy transport
- Telescopic stand collapses and sets up with ease
- No assemble necessary
- Several temperature settings
George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
For the best budget outdoor electric grill, we picked the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill. Equipped with a 240 square inch non-stick coated cook plate, it offers plenty of room for grilling up large meals.
Since the cook plate is non-stick, there’s no need for butter, grease, or oil, so your food will be a lot healthier, and tastier too; plus, cleanup is a breeze, as you’ll be able to wipe the food right off the surface – and the cooking surface pops out and so it can be washed in the sink.
The removable stand allows it to go from an indoor to outdoor grill, and the adjustable temperature probe allows you to choose from five different settings, so you’ll achieve the best results possible. It heats up quickly and is ready to use in just a matter of minutes.
Since there’s no flames or fumes, it’s apartment approved, and the included lid retains the heat for even faster cooking and traps in odors, too.
- 240 square inch non-stick coated grilling surface
- Removable cook plate for easier cleaning
- Heats up quickly
- 5 adjustable temperature settings
- Apartment approved
- Removable stand allows for indoor and outdoor use
- Prepares healthy meals and cooks quickly
- Comes with a lid that traps in heat and odors
- Affordably priced
Char-Broil 20602107 Patio Bistro Tru-Infrared Electric Grill
The Char-Broil Patio Bistro Tru-Infrared Electric Grill is another great option for an outdoor electric grill. It’s compact, so it doesn’t take up a lot of space, yet it offers enough room to grill up to 12 burgers at a time. With advanced Tru-Infrared cooking technology, this grill heats evenly and prepares juicy, tender, and delicious meals.
The cooking grate is porcelain-coated for non-stick cooking and easy cleaning. It features a rust-resistant warming rack, too, that, when combined with the grate, provides 320 square inches of cooking space. To further add to the benefits, this grill features wheels on the back of the stand, so you can easily move it wherever you want to use it.
- Offers 320 square inches of cooking space
- The cooking grate can accommodate up to 12 burgers at a time
- Tru-Infrared cooking technology heats evenly for consistent and juicy results
- Porcelain-coated cooking grate for non-stick cooking and easy cleaning
- Integrated heat control knob
- Wheels on the stand and a smartly placed handle allows for easy mobility
- Front handle doubles as a tool and towel rack
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- Pull-out grease tray
Techwood Electric BBQ Grill
The Techwood Electric BBQ Grill is another excellent option. It’s durable, lightweight, and versatile, so you’ll be able to enjoy freshly grille and healthy food wherever you want to. The compact size is small enough to fit into the trunk of a compact car and can easily fit on a small balcony, in an RV, on a travel trailer, or in a small kitchen.
Despite the compact size, it still offers 240 square inches of cooking space, so there’s plenty of room to grill up to 15 servings of food for a large group of people. The lid features a rotatable venting system and the adjustable temperature control allows you to achieve the perfect heat for the food you are cooking. A removable, porcelain-coated grease tray allows for easy, mess-free cleaning.
The grill sits on a removable stand, so you can move from outdoor to indoor grilling in no time. The bright red color gives it an eye-catching look, too.
- Offers240 square inches of cooking space
- Non-stick coated cooking surface
- Porcelain-coated removable grease tray
- Rotatable venting system on the lid
- Adjustable temperature control
- Non-stick warming tray
- Removable stand allows for indoor and outdoor cooking
- Offers 1600 wats of power and heats up quickly
- Aesthetically pleasing design
George Foreman 12-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Rectangular Electric Grill
Another George Foreman outdoor grill, the GFO201R features a rectangular design and offers 200 square inches of space to cook on. The cooking surface can accommodate up to 12 servings and because the cooking grate is non-stick coated, there’s no need to use oil, grease, or butter, so your food will be healthier and cleanup will be a lot easier.
The adjustable temperature control features five settings and heats up quickly so you can have your food cooked up in no time. A fat removing slope removes up to 42 percent of the fat from the meats you cook. A drip tray collects excess fat and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
It sits on a removable stand, so you can cook indoors or outdoors with ease. The red lid is aesthetically pleasing and traps in heat for faster cooking, while also locking in cooking odors. It’s back by a 3 year limited warranty, too, so you can buy with peace of mind.
- Offers 200 square inches of cooking space and can accommodate up to 12 servings
- Non-stick cooking surface for easier cleaning and healthier cooking
- A sloped surface removes up to 42 percent of fat from our meats
- The removable stand allows for indoor outdoor cooking
- Variable temperature control features five temperature settings
- Heats up quickly and cooks fast
- Red lid locks in heat and odors and is aesthetically pleasing
- Affordably priced
Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
The Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill features a super-portable design for great versatility, as you can use it both outdoors and indoors with ease. It boasts 189 square inches of cooking space and packs 1560 watts of electric, so it heats up quickly and evenly.
The cooking grates are made of cast iron and are feature a porcelain-enamel coating, so your food won’t stick the surface, which means there’s no need for oil, grease, or butter, so your food will be healthier and cleanup will be easier.
The body and lid of the grill are made of durable aluminum and will easily withstand all types of wear and tear. Infinite heat control settings allow you to achieve the perfect temperature setting, and the aluminum heat retention liners trap in heat so that your food will always be cooked to perfection.
Thanks to the small footprint, you can grill outdoors and indoors with ease. It features a 6-foot grounded cord, too, so you’ll have peace of mind knowing that the grill is safe to use.
- Features porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- A removable catch pan collects grease
- The cast aluminum body and lid is highly durable
- Infinite heat control settings and aluminum heat retention liners provide reliable heat
- Equipped with a 6-foot grounded cord
- 189 square inches of cooking space
- 1560 watts of power
- Highly portable for outdoor and indoor use
Coyote Outdoor Living C1EL120SM 19 Inch 2 Burner Electric Grill
Wrapping up our list of the best outdoor electric grills is the Coyote Outdoor Living 19 Inch 2 Burner Electric Grill. It features a 156 square inch cooking surface, so you’ll have plenty of space to cook up large servings.
The 1,300 watt heating element can achieve a max temperature of 550 degrees F and is easy to adjust via the temperature control knobs. The heating element has a 5,000 hour life expectancy, too, for long-lasting and reliable grilling.
With a 60 minute safety timer, complete with a surge protector, there’s no need to worry about accidentally leaving the grill on.
The stainless steel finish gives it a stylish look, and it even comes complete with cooking utensils that are tucked inside a convenient storage case.
- Offers 156 square inches of cooking space
- The 1,300 watt heating element reaches a max temperature of 550 degrees F
- Easy to adjust temperature knobs
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Highly portable for outdoor and indoor use
- 60 minute safety timer with surge protector ensures the grill isn’t left on accidentally
Other Best Selling Options
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There's a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it's durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor or Outdoor Removable Stand - Don't let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Included components: Use And Care Manuals
- 🍖【LIGHT ENOUGH&VERSATILE GRILL】The Techwood Portable BBQ Grill is made for grilling at the places you love most. And it's space-saving size fits neatly into the trunk of a compact car, which makes it easy to take with you wherever you go. It's compact size is great for small balconies, tailgating, RVs, travel trailers, and tiny homes, it's a perfect size for camping.
- 🍖【HIGH CAPACITY】Techwood stand grill equipped with 240-square-inch cooking rack gives a spacious cooking surface is able accommodate lots of food at one time which lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people such as, and enjoy the delicious foods together!
- 🍖【FAST-HEATING&ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL】Portable electric grill’s convenient design of the interlocking hood and bowl allow for rapid cycle heating, which allows to heat the meat. The adjustable temperature controls make it easy to find the right amount of heat for whatever you create, Venting system can effectively dissipate heat and keep the steak tender and juicy. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food.
- 🍖【APARTMENT-APPROVED】Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups. Porcelain-coated cast iron premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean.
- 🍖【GET YOURS NOW, RISK-FREE】Techwood offer a outstanding 60-day hassle-free return policy & 36-month promise. We assure you that no other smokeless grill beats our products' high-caliber quality & efficiency. Our products are all covered by Product Liability Insurance of United States. For details, please refer to the instruction manual.
- George Tough Nonstick Coating
- 12+ Servings
- Variable Temperature Control
- Removable Stand
Outdoor Electric Grill Buyer’s Guide
Do you love the idea of barbecuing but dread the thought of having to try to stack charcoal or make sure that the propane tank is full in order to start up the blaze that you need to prepare your food?
Fortunately, there’s an alternative to the traditional gas or charcoal grill, and it’s becoming really popular in recent years: an electric grill. While some barbecue enthusiasts might argue that an electric grill provides a less authentic experience, there are definitely some major benefits. They’re a lot easier to use, as there’s no charcoal or propane to deal with; just plug it into a power outlet and within a matter of minutes, you can start cooking up your favorite dishes.
Because they’re powered by electricity, they’re also a lot more portable; as long as there’s an outlet nearby, you can grill. No open flame means that electric grills are safer, too; in fact, in some locations, such as apartment complexes, the use of gas and charcoal grills isn’t permitted, but electric grills are allowed.
They’re the healthiest way to grill, as they don’t produce carcinogens or require the use of non-environmentally-friendly gasses, and they prevent the soot and carbon from entering the environment – and your food, too.
With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why electric grills are becoming increasingly popular. If you’re on the market for an electric grill, you’re going to find that there are a lot of different options to choose from. Hooded, convertible, and models with removable lids; outdoor electric grills come in an assortment of shapes and sizes.
With so many options, trying to choose an electric grill can seem like a dizzying experience. To make your quest for finding the best outdoor electric grill an easier one, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you.
After assessing the descriptions of dozens of outdoor electric grills and reading through the countless customer reviews, we’ve narrowed down the options and have selected what we believe are the best models currently on the market.
Now that you’ve read through our top picks for the best outdoor electric grills, you’re probably wondering which one to choose. While each model on our list is certainly high-quality and reliable, they all offer different features and some models may be better suited for certain users than others.
In order to choose the best outdoor electric grill, it’s important to take a few key factors into consideration when you’re shopping. In this part of our review, we highlight those key factors.
First and foremost, you’ll want to consider the size of the cooking area that the grill offers. The size of the cooking area will determine how much food you can prepare at one time.
Obviously, the larger the cooking area, the more food you’ll be able to cook; however, keep in mind that the larger the cooking space, the more room the grill is going to take up, so keep that in mind while you’re shopping. If space is a concern, don’t opt for a model that offers more space than you actually need.
When it comes to grilling, most people automatically assume that it can only be done outdoors, but that’s one of the benefits of electric grills, as many models can be used both outdoors and indoors.
If you want to be able to cook inside, make sure you choose a model that is designed for indoor use. Some models are outfitted with removable stands. When you want to cook outside, you can put the stand on, and when you want to cook inside, you can remove the stand and place the grill on a countertop or a tabletop.
The wattage of the grill will impact how high the temperature can go. The higher the wattage, the hotter the temperature can reach.
A high-quality electric grill will feature a temperature control that’s easy to adjust. This feature will allow you to set the heat to the ideal temperature for whatever it is that you’re cooking so that you can achieve the perfect outcome.
Non-Stick Cooking Surface
If easy cleanup is important to you, look for a grill that features a non-stick cooking surface. These coating prevents the food from sticking to the surface of the grill and eliminates the need to use oil, grease, or butter, which will actually make your food healthier.
Ease of Use
One of the key benefits of using an electric grill as opposed to a charcoal or gas grill is the ease of use. There’s no need to worry about setting up charcoal or constantly changing out a propane tank; all that you’ll need is a power outlet to plug the grill into and it will automatically heat up to the desired temperature.
While these grills are automatically easier to use than traditional grills, some models offer features that further simplify use. For example, look for a model that features a long power cord so that you don’t have to be right on top of the power outlet to use it.
A cooking timer and a temperature gauge are other features that help to simplify the use of cooking with an electric grill, too, as does the portability of the appliance.
Lastly, you’ll want to consider the price of the outdoor electric grill; especially if you’re on a budget. As can be seen from our list of options, the price of these grills can vary significantly. If you’re on a budget, make sure you determine how much you want to spend before you start shopping so that you don’t end up spending more than you can comfortably afford.
Outdoor Electric Grill FAQs
Here, we provide answers so some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about outdoor electric grills.
Are electric grills easier to use?
Yes, they are generally easier to use than charcoal and gas grills. Instead of starting a fire with charcoal or propane, all you have to do is plug the grill in. If the cooking surface features a non-stick coating and the grates are removable, they’re also easier to clean. These factors combined make electric grills easier to use than standard grills.
Will the food be flavorful?
While you won’t get the same smoky taste that a charcoal or gas grill will offer, an electric grill still provides flavorful results.
Can you preheat an electric grill?
Yes, they can be preheated; in fact, preheating this type of grill is highly recommended so that the grill achieves the desired temperature before you put the food on the grates.
Can all electric grills be used indoors?
No, not all electric grills can be used indoors. If you want to use it inside, make sure you look for a model that is certified for indoor use.
Can you use an extension cord?
While an extension cord can potentially be used, we don’t recommend it. Not only can an extension cord detract from the results, as it may reduce the amount of power that the grill receives, but it may minimize the safety of the appliance, too.
If you love cooking outdoors but you don’t want to deal with the hassle of a propane or charcoal grill, you don’t have the space, or you don’t live in an area that allows open-flamed grills, an outdoor electric grill is a great alternative. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to find a high-quality and reliable outdoor electric grill that will suit your specific needs and produce tasty results.