Drip irrigation is a watering system that delivers low-pressure, low-volume water by way of slow-dripping water, a stream, or a spray. The water emitted from a drip irrigation system is applied directly to the roots of a plant so that they remain consistently moist, yet aren’t soaked. This type of irrigation offers many benefits over standard sprinklers or hose watering.
Below, you’ll find a collection of reviews for the best irrigation systems. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide, which highlights the most important factors you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for this type of watering system for your garden.
To wrap things up, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about drip irrigation systems.
With the information presented in this guide, you should have no trouble choosing the best drip irrigation system to fit the unique needs of your garden and ensure you have the happiest, healthiest plants.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Drip Irrigation System Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Drip Irrigation System Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Drip Irrigation System FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Don’t have a lot of time to read through in-depth reviews, yet still want to be sure that you find a high-quality, reliable drip irrigation system for your garden? If so, than this section is for you.
- Best Pick: King Do Way Drip Irrigation Kit
This drip irrigation kit comes with everything you need to provide your gardens with a consistent, slow flow of low-pressure water, including 20 misting nozzles, 10 adjustable drippers, and 10 sprinkler emitters, as well as 82 feet (25 meters) of ¼ inch PVC tubing, 20 atomizing nozzles, and more.
- Premium Pick: Raindrip SDFSTH1P Drip Kit
If you’re looking for a high-end, super-reliable drip irrigation system for your garden, than we strongly recommend you check out this option from Raindrip. This kit comes with everything you need to get started with drip irrigation so you can stop watering your garden by hand, including a timer, a pressure regulator, and supply tubing, all. All of these components are threaded, too, just like a traditional hose, so it’s extremely easy to set up and no tools are necessary. irrigation.
- Budget Pick: Jeteven 132 Foot / 40 Meter Drip Irrigation Kit
For gardeners who are on the market for a high-quality, effective, easy to use, and reliable drip irrigation that’s also affordably priced, the Jeteven 132 Foot / 40 Meter Drip Irrigation Kit is an outstanding choice. Tubing, faucet connectors, thread faucet connectors, nozzles, drippers, and more; this system comes with everything you need to get started.
Drip Irrigation System Reviews
Now that you’ve read through the short, concise reviews of our picks for the top three drip irrigation systems, let’s dive in and take a closer look.
In this section of our guide, we’ve included more detailed reviews of our top three picks in the above-mentioned categories , including best overall, best premium, and best budget models, as well as additional high-quality models.
These reviews are more in-depth and more thorough so that you can get a better picture of some of the best drip irrigation systems currently available on the market.
King Do Way 82 Foot / 25 Meter Drip Irrigation Kit
Our top pick for the best overall drip irrigation system comes from King Do Way. It comes with everything you need to get started with drip irrigating your gardens, including an impressive 82 feet of high-quality, flexible PVC tubing, 20 misting nozzles, 10 drip emitters, 10 drippers.
The micro misting nozzles can be individually adjusted 360 degrees and feature two spraying modes, including foggy and columnar, so that you can create a customized irrigation system that will meet the unique needs of your gardens. The drip emitters are similar to a small fountain and have a max flow rate of 25 gallons per hour, while the 10 drippers have a max flow rate of 9 gallons per hour.
This irrigation system not only simplifies the process of watering your plants, but it also aids in water conservation, as it uses as much as 80 percent less water than more traditional irrigation methods.
All of the fittings are constructed of top-quality ABS plastic, so you can be sure that they will withstand wear and tear and can last for a long time. Setting up this system is super-simple; just follow the easy-to-read instruction manual and in no time, you’ll have a durable, reliable drip irrigation system that will deliver the ideal amount of water directly to the roots of your plants and promote fuller, healthier plants.
In addition to coming with everything you need and being easy to use, the King Do Way drip irrigation system can help you reduce your water consumption by as much as 80 percent, which isn’t only good for the environment, but is good for your pocket, too.
- Comes with everything you need to set up and use, from the tubing to the misting nozzles, drippers, emitters, and more
- All components are made of top-quality materials to ensure durability
- The micro misting nozzles can be adjusted a full 360 degrees and features to spraying modes: columnar and foggy
- Drip emitters have a max flow rate of 25 gallons per hour
- Drippers have a max flow rate of 9 gallons per hour
- Easy to set up and easy to use
- Can conserve water by up to 80 percent
- Affordably priced
Raindrip SDFSTH1P Drip Kit
The Raindrip SDFSTH1P Drip Kit is our pick for the best premium irrigation system, and for good reason; it comes with everything you need to get started, all of the components are constructed of high-quality materials, it’s very easy to use, and it’s highly effective. The PVC, UV-resistant tubing can withstand all types of wear and tear and can be used in all kinds of climates for year-round watering.
The patented Clamp-N-Pierce fittings are pre-assembled on the feeder lines, so you don’t need any tools to assemble; just snap onto the hose, pierce it, and attach the line and it’s ready to start irrigating up to 10 plants at one time. Thanks to the hose thread connections and the pre-assembled parts, it can be installed in just three simple steps.
The precision watering system delivers a slow-flow of low-pressure water directly to the root zones of your plants, thus ensuring that they are properly irrigated. The one-time setup is simple and the included timer automates the process of watering your plants. You can easily customize and expand the system, too; just purchase additional tubing, feeder lines, and fittings, and you’ll have the ideal irrigation system for your garden.
It’s also backed by a limited five year warranty and Raindrip’s dedicated customer support staff is always available to assist you with anything you need. Constructed of high-quality materials, super-easy to use, extremely effective, and with the ability to cut your water consumption by up to 70 percent, it’s easy to see why the Raindrip SDFSTH1P Drip Kit is our pick for the best premium drip irrigation system.
- Comes with everything you need to get started
- Patented Clamp-N-Pierce fittings with exclusive snap ready feature makes setup fast and easy
- Hose thread connections and pre-assembled parts can be installed in just three simple steps
- Come with a timer to automate watering
- Can water up to 10 plants at once with the components that come in the kit; however, you can expand it to water more by adding more tubing, feeder lines, and fittings
- Easy to follow, step-by-step usage guide
- Conserves water usage by up to 70 percent
- Backed by a limited five year warranty
- Dedicated customer support is always available to offer assistance
- Extremely durable and can withstand all types of wear and tear for year-round irrigation
Jeteven 132 Foot / 40 Meter Drip Irrigation Kit
The Jeteven drip irrigation system is high-quality, customizable, and comes with everything you need to start feeding your garden with a consistent supply of slow-flow, low-pressure water.
Accessories include tubing, threaded faucet connectors, universal faucet connectors, nylon ties, Teflon tape, atomizing nozzles, tubing holder stakes, fountain nozzles, drippers, couplings, flat tee pipe connectors and single end closures. The irrigation tubing is constructed of top-quality, UV-resistant materials, and the fittings are made of durable ABS plastic, so you can enjoy reliable, year-round watering in all types of climates.
Each of the 20 nozzles and drippers can be individually adjusted so that you can ensure that your plants receive the water that they need, and the nozzles feature two spraying modes – foggy and columnar – so that you can further customize irrigation to meet the specific needs of your gardens.
Thanks to the 132 foot long hose, it can easily be used to water both small and large gardens. Installation is simple and no digging or plumbing is needed; just insert the fittings and drippers and you’ll be able to start watering your plants. The customizable, easy to use Jeteven drip irrigation kit can reduce water use by up to 70 percent and can be used to gardens of all sizes and filled with all types of plants.
As our top pick for the best budget drip irrigation kit, it’s very affordably priced, too.
- Comes with everything you need to use
- Easy to set up
- All components are durably constructed and UV-resistant materials and ABS plastic
- Can be used for year-round watering
- The tubing measures an impressive 132 feet
- All drippers and nozzles can be individually adjusted and feature two spraying modes: foggy and columnar
- No digging or plumbing necessary for installation
- Can be used in gardens of all sizes and with all types of plants
- Highly reliable; delivers a consistent flow of low-pressure water to the root zone of your plants
- Very affordably priced
GFFG Drip Irrigation Kit
Another high-quality, reliable, and customizable drip irrigation kit is this option from GFFG. It’s an all-in-one drip system that can be put together and installed in just 15 minutes.
It comes with everything you need in order to water up to 30 square meters and no digging or plumbing is required. Components include 100 feet of hose, 20 adjustable drippers, 20 two-headed joints, 20 single connector hose connections, Teflon tape, PE tubing, a tubing quick connector, and a universal connector.
All components are durably constructed to ensure that they can withstand regular use and exposure to the elements. Set up is super-fast and extremely easy and the system can be used in a variety of applications, including to water flower beds, potted plants, trees, container gardens, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and even greenhouses and farms.
With the GFFG Drip Irrigation Kit, you’ll be able to cut your water consumption by up to 70 percent.
- All-in-one drip irrigation system that comes with everything needed to get started
- Quick, easy set up so you can start watering your plants in as little as 15 minutes
- No digging or plumbing is needed
- All of the components are constructed of high-quality materials to ensure durability and reliable operation
- Can be used to water up to 30 square meters
- Can be used in various applications, from container gardens to flower beds, and even farm fields and greenhouses
- Affordably priced
Swess 100 Foot Drip Irrigation Kit
Last, but certainly not least, on our list of the best drip irrigation systems is this option from Swees. It’s a fully adjustable irrigation drip kit, as the nozzles and drippers can be individually adjusted and the nozzles features two water spray modes, including mist and columnar.
All of the components of this system are made of high-quality, UV-resistant materials to ensure they can withstand the elements and all types of wear and tear, allowing for reliable, year-round watering. Installation is simple; just snap everything together and it’s ready to use.
There’s no need for digging or plumbing. It comes complete with a timer so you can automate your watering. Setting the timer is quick and easy; with just the few clicks of a button, it’s ready to go. There’s also a manual button that will give you instant access to the faucet without interrupting your set program.
With 100 feet of hosing, you’ll be able to water gardens of all shapes and sizes.
- Comes with everything you need to water your garden, including a timer that allows you to automate irrigation
- All components are constructed of durable, high-quality materials, including UV-resistant materials and ABS, radiation-resistant plastic
- Quick and easy to set up; no digging or plumbing necessary
- Nozzles and drippers can be individually adjusted
- The nozzles feature two spray modes, including misty and columnar
- Cuts water use by up to 75 percent
- Highly reliable and easy to use
Other Best Selling Options
- This kit has everything you need to get started with drip irrigation and stop watering your plants by hand
- Three simple steps to install This kit. Completely customizable kit to water your potted plants, hanging baskets
- Comprehensive kit included
- The timer and supply tubing are threaded just like a hose, making it easy to hook up and start using your system
- It is so easy that if you can attach a garden hose, you can install This system
- Water all your plants at one time. After installing Flantor Watering Equipment, all you need to do is turn on the tap when you need.
- Water your plants every day automatically (need a timer NOT INCLUDED) when you are on a business trip or during your travel.
- Save you from bothering your neighbors to help you take care of your plants when you are away.
- Every nozzle could be adjust individully, it can meet the water demand of different plants at one time.
- Simple installation without digging or plumbing skills. Easy installation with a manual with picture.
- This micro drip irrigation kit is suitable for an area of 160 square feet. You can water all your plants at one time with 200FT + 26FT irrigation tubing. Simple installation without digging or plumbing skills. Instruction included.
- The new design 4x6-Way CONNECTOR can divide the water up to 16 tributaries, effectively increases the water pressure, perfectly solves the problem of lack of water at the end of the irrigation system. MEET ALL YOUR NEEDS.
- Our micro drip irrigation kit comes with 3 types of sprayer, every water spray nozzle could be adjusted individually according to its setting and needs.
- Plants drip irrigation system can save up to 70% in water savings. Precision watering system delivers just the right amount of water slowly and precisely right where your plant needs it at the root zone.
- Automatic irrigation kit is great for atomization, lawn irrigation, patios, roof cooling,agriculture, vegetable , greenhouse, flower bed, swimming pool misting fog cooling irrigation etc.
- Comprehensive 108-piece kit for flower beds, gardens and landscaped areas; eliminates hand watering, saves time and money
- Ultimate watering efficiency for all plants, shrubs and trees; up to 80% water savings
- Simple 3-step installation: connect to faucet, insert fittings into tubing, attach watering devices
- Includes 3 differnet types of watering devices: drippers, micro-bubblers and micro sprays
- Pressure-compensating technology ensures all plants receive same amount of water
- ☀2022 Newest Drip Irrigation Kit☀ This Drip Irrigation Kit is suitable for an area of 140 square feet, you can use the 42m + 138ft irrigation hose to water all your plants at once, free your hands. Perfect for your backyard garden greenhouse.
- ☀Choose Quality Materials☀ Made of high quality plastic, very strong and thick water pipes, large components for connectors, drippers, sprinklers, adapters, no defects. There will never be problems such as pipe bursts, connection leaks, and joints falling off. Also, make sure your cut is straight and push the hose part all the way down onto the adapter to help prevent the hose from separating/bursting.
- ☀Super Easy to Assemble☀ Follow detailed instructions to easily set up, no digging or plumbing skills required. Plan your layout ahead of time, soak the end of the hose in hot water for a minute before pushing on the fitting, and the tube stays tight as it cools.
- ☀Improved Watering Efficiency☀ Each nozzle can be adjusted individually to meet the water needs of different plants at one time. After the initial adjustment, all you have to do is turn on the water. Save watering time and save up to 70% of water.
- ☀Automatic Watering System☀ This automatic watering set is designed to save you time and help you take care of your indoor and outdoor plants while on vacation. No need to worry about watering your plants all summer long. It also uses less water than manually watering plants, and it is recommended that you pair your irrigation system with a tap timer (not included).
Drip Irrigation System Buyer’s Guide
Are you planning on growing a raised fruit and vegetable garden so you can access clean, organic, delicious, and nutritious produce from your own yard? Have you recently planted a boarder filled with a variety of annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees? No matter what type of garden you’re planning, there’s no doubt that you want it to flourish, and in order for your plants to flourish, you need a few basic supplies, and perhaps the most rudimentary – and the most important – of those supplies is water.
Like all living things, plants need an adequate amount of fresh water to thrive. A hose or a standard sprinkler system is often the source that gardeners rely on to water their plants; however, if you want you really want to provide your gardens with the most reliable water, there’s a better alternative you should really consider.
What is it? – A drip irrigation system
Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Improved plant growth. Drip irrigation systems apply smaller amounts of water to a plants root system, preventing them from becoming over-saturated and drying out, while also reducing the risk of soil erosion and nutrient runoff. Plus, plants use more of the water they are supplied with, as it’s delivered directly to the root system. These factors combined result in improved plant growth.
- Water conservation. According to studies, drip irrigation systems use up to 50 percent less water than conventional methods of watering, including sprinklers and garden hoses.
- Deters weed growth. With a drip irrigation system, water is only delivered where it needs to go: the roots of your plants, which deters weed growth.
- Fungal disease prevention. Because drip irrigation systems prevent an overly moist environment, there’s less risk of fungal disease.
- These systems can be easily adjusted, which means that you’ll be able to create an irrigation system that is customized to meet the unique and ever-changing needs of your gardens.
- Time savings. Unlike a traditional hose or standard garden sprinkler, with a drip irrigation system, you don’t have to make constant adjustments or stand outside directing the flow of water to your plants. Once the system is set up, unless you see the need or your garden has changed, you won’t need to make any adjustments to a drip irrigation system, which can help save a tremendous amount of time.
With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why drip irrigation systems are so popular among gardeners of all experience levels and of all types of plants. As you can imagine, however, like so many other types of gardening supplies, the market is saturated with drip irrigation systems.
While having a lot of choice is certainly a good thing, if you’ve never shopped for this type of watering system, too many options can make the process a bit overwhelming. In an effort to simplify the process, we’ve put this handy guide together for you. After researching for countless hours and reading through the product descriptions and customer reviews of dozens of different types of drip irrigation systems, we’ve narrowed down the options to what we believe are the best options currently available on the market.
Now that you’ve read through our reviews of the best irrigation systems, you’re probably wondering which one to pick. While there’s no doubt that each one is well-made, easy to use, and durably constructed, you do need to narrow down the options to determine which one will best suit your unique needs. How do you do that? – By taking some key factors into consideration.
In this part of our guide, we highlight some of the most notable features that you’ll want to take into consideration in order to figure out which drip irrigation to choose to water your gardens.
Drip irrigation systems are comprised of several components. Some of these components include:
- Faucet connectors
- Pressure regulators
Some systems come with just a few of the basic components, while others come with all of the components that are needed to be fully operational. If you want to ensure that you don’t have to purchase any additional items, make sure that you purchase a drip irrigation system that comes with all of the necessary components for operation.
Length of the Hose
Hose lengths vary from system to system; for example, they can come with hoses that measure about 25 feet up to 100 feet or more. The length of the hose that you’ll need depends on the size of the area that you’re planning on watering.
With high-quality drip irrigation systems, you can attach additional hoses to expand the length; however, for simplicity, you should consider purchasing a model that comes with a length of hose that will accommodate your needs.
Obviously, the larger your garden, the longer the length of the hose will need to be, but if you want to be certain that you’re choosing a drip irrigation system that comes with a hose that will meet the needs of your garden, consider measuring the space before you start shopping.
It’s also a good idea to consider the installation that’s required for the drip irrigation system. The best systems are very easy to set up and don’t require any specialized skills, such as digging or plumbing.
They also come with detailed, easy to read manuals that will guide you through the process of installation. To ensure the fastest, easiest installation possible, make sure you take the process that the system requires into consideration before you purchase a model.
Flow of Water
A high-quality drip irrigation system will allow you to adjust the flow of water. Some also feature an adjustable emitter level, which allows you to adjust the flow of water to each specific plant.
To ensure that your plants are receiving the level of water that will best meet their needs, be sure to look for a drip irrigation system that allows you to easily adjust the flow of water.
Pressure of Water
In addition being able to adjust the flow of water, a high-quality drip irrigation system will also allow you to adjust the pressure of the water.
In order to do that, it will need to come equipped with a pressure regulator or will need to be able to be used with an after-market pressure regulator.
You’re also going to want to consider the durability of the drip irrigation system, and the durability is directly linked to the materials that the system is constructed of. Obviously, because it’s going to be exposed to water on a constant basis, all of the components need to be able to withstand moisture with ease, such as high-grade PVC.
Additionally, the materials should be able to stand up to environmental conditions, such as the harsh sun, so it’s best to opt for a model that is treated with UV-resistant materials. Furthermore, look for models that are corrosion- and rust-resistant, too.
Lastly, you should consider the cost of the drip irrigation system. As you can see to our list of reviews, the prices vary and you want to be sure that you choose a model that you’ll be able to comfortably afford. Generally speaking, the more components the system comes with, the higher the price tag will be; however, it should be noted that while you may have to pay more for a system that comes with more components, in the end, you may actually end up spending less, as you won’t have to purchase additional parts in order to use it.
Drip Irrigation System FAQs
Is a drip irrigation really a worthwhile investment?
Yes, if you have a large garden or a lot of plants, a drip irrigation system is definitely a worthwhile investment. Not only do these systems simplify irrigation, but they also ensure that your plants receive a constant supply of water directly at the root zone, which will improve the health of your plants. Furthermore, these systems can help you conserve a significant amount of water; on average, drip irrigation systems reduce water use by up to 80 percent.
How do I install a drip irrigation system?
Usually, drip irrigation systems are sold as kits that come with most or all of the components that are needed for installation and operation. They’ll also come with easy to read instruction manuals that will provide clear step-by-step instructions for installation.
If you’re looking for a better way to water your plants while improving their health and reducing the hassle, than a drip irrigation is certainly an option that you’re going to want to consider. With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to choose a model that will best suit your needs and ensure that will ensure your plants flourish.