There’s something about sitting around a fire enjoying some conversation. The flames’ warm glow is a visual attraction, providing a mesmerizing display that tantalizes the mind. However, traditional fire pits are messy, and the smoke from the wood or coals can choke you out if it turns your way.
The following day after your evening of fun, you have to deal with the cleanup, and that’s a hassle you don’t need in your life. Propane fire pits offer you a clean-burning alternative to traditional fire pit’s, without any of the mess or need for cleanup after use.
There are dozens of styles, designs, and types of propane fire pits. Finding the right model for your home can take hours of research through hundreds of listings to find the best buys. We decided to save you some time with your winter planning.
This post will look at the best propane fire pits. We’ll make recommendations on your top models and give you a buyer’s guide to help you select the best option for your home.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Propane Fire Pits Reviews
- 2.1 Barton Outdoor Propane Fire Pit
- 2.2 Hiland Propane Fire Pit
- 2.3 Heininger 5995 Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
- 2.4 Ehomexpert Propane Fire Pit Table
- 2.5 Hanie Design BFP-200 Pillar Propane Fire Pit
- 2.6 Bond Manufacturing 63172 Newcastle Propane Firebowl
- 2.7 Peaktop HF29402A Square Column Propane Fire Pit
- 2.8 Endless Summer Propane Rock Top Fire Pit
- 2.9 OT QOMOTOP Propane Fire Pit Table
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Propane Fire Pit Buyer’s Guide
- 5 What are the Pros and Cons of a Propane Fire Pit?
- 6 What are the Models of Fire Pits?
- 6.1 Table-Style Fire Pit
- 6.2 Fire Pit Bowls
- 6.3 Chimineas
- 6.4 What are the Best Fire Pit Materials?
- 6.5 What are the Sizes of Fire Pits?
- 6.6 What Shapes are Available for My Fire Pit?
- 6.7 What are the Different Styles of Fire Pits?
- 7 What Height Do I Need for My Fire Pit?
- 8 Propane Fire Pit FAQs
- 9 Propane Fire Pits – The Verdict
If you don’t have the time to read through all the articles in this review, you can rely on our top picks to help you finalize your purchase decision.
We selected these top three models from all the propane fire pits in this review. There’s a fire pit to suit your home’s design, your entertainment needs, and your budget.
Best Pick: Barton Outdoor Propane Fire Pit
- Perfect addition of functionality and style for your backyard patio fire pits. This stunning rectangular fire table creates a truly unique fire feature that perfectly compliments any outdoor space that will draw the attention of your family and guests
- Sit back and admire the reflection of the dancing flames while keeping warm and cozy within the heating radius of this impressive outdoor centerpiece
- Stainless steel burner with highest safety standards is rated 50,000 BTU for terrific flame presence while the push button spark ignition system provides simple and convenient control when lighting
- Easily access the interior compartment to switch out the propane tank
- A nylon weather cover protects the table from the rain when it's not in use
This model features a clean design with a good balance between contemporary and modern styling. The rectangular design makes it suitable for seating six to eight people around the table. You get a brushed stainless steel tabletop, with a 50,000-BTU heater included in the design. The stainless steel burners are efficient and effective, with electric start and decorative pebbles included in the pit. You get a large tank cabinet, and a nylon weather cover included with your purchase.
Premium Pick: Hiland Propane Fire Pit
- 28" Tall, 38" Wide square Table top
- Hiland Fire pit includes Lid. Must use fire glass of at least 3/4 inch diameter, 19 inches square lid, 17 inches square burn area
- Hammered bronze powder coated finish with stainless Steel legs
- Gas Type: propane, butane
- Heat output: 40, 000 BTU's
Homeowners looking for the best premium propane fire pit will love this Hiland model. This outdoor or indoor propane fire pit features a square design, allowing you to seat four to eight people around the table. You get a 28-inch height, with a 38″ square tabletop featuring a hammered bronze, powder-coated finish with durable stainless steel legs.
Budget Pick: Heininger 5995 Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
- Great for camping, backyards, patio or tailgating
- 58,000 BTU fire pit burns clean and smokeless
- CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your area
- Black Color 19 inch diameter All weather fire pit
- Light Weight and easy to carry; 10 ft hose and lava rocks included
If you’re looking for the best budget propane fire pit in this review, this Heininger model is your top choice. You get a portable drum design, featuring an impressive 58,000-BTU output. This mobile model is ideal for camping trips, or take it to a friends house and enjoy some time outdoors.
Propane Fire Pits Reviews
Now that you have an idea of the best propane fire pits in this review let’s unpack them further. We’ll look at each model’s pros and cons and make our recommendations on the performance and use of the pit around your home.
If you’re having a hard time choosing from these top models, check out our buyer’s guide. We give you tips and advice for choosing your ideal model from the best propane fire pits in this review.
Barton Outdoor Propane Fire Pit
This Barton model wins our top award for the best overall propane fire pit. You get a knee-height design, with a rectangular tabletop that seats six to eight people. The tabletop features an attractive brushed aluminum finish with a pit cover allowing for table use.
The Barton has a clean and aesthetic look. It’s a great choice for both modern and traditional homes. You get an electric starter and enough cabinet space to hold a 20lb propane tank. The stainless steel burner on this model pushes out 50,000-BTUs, and there’s a rain cover included with your purchase.
The frame features a stainless steel design with a bronze powder-coated finish for weather-resistance. Barton includes translucent fire stones with your pit. The stainless steel burner on this model pushes out 50,000-BTUs, and there’s a rain cover included with your purchase.
- Functional and stylish rectangular design
- 50,000-BTU output
- Brushed stainless steel tabletop with removable cover
- Attractive decorative stones included
- Electric starter
- 17-inch height
Hiland Propane Fire Pit
This Hiland propane fire pit features a stylish design suiting traditional and modern homes. You get a square tabletop, featuring a 28-inch height, and a lid for the fire pit.
This model features design and construction with stainless steel. The sides of the cabinet have an eye-pleasing hammered copper look, with stylish cabinet doors.
There’s enough space to stow a 20lb propane tank in the cabinet, and you get a 40,000-BTU output. This table is ideal for seating up to six people. The 19-inch square-style lid gives you access to the pit, and you get translucent fire stones included with your purchase.
The Hiland might have a higher price tag, but it’s a premium design for homeowners looking for the best. You get top-quality customer support and a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Design blends well with traditional and contemporary décor
- 40,000-BTU output
- Square tabletop design
- Stainless steel removable cover
- Attractive cabinet doors
- Stainless steel legs
- 28-inch height
Heininger 5995 Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit
If you’re heading out on a camping trip, this propane fire pit is your best choice in this review. This affordable model features a low-level design, with 58,000-BTU of output.
This fire pit’s lightweight and compact design makes it ideal for taking along to the campsite or a friend’s house.
You get a 10-foot hose to connect to your propane tank and an electric start system.
The Heininger portable propane fire pit comes with lava rocks included with your purchase. Warm things up around the campsite without relying on gathering firewood.
- Good choice for camping or portable use
- 58,000-BTU output
- Compact and lightweight
- 19-inch diameter with an 11.5-inch height
- 10-foot gas hose and lava rocks included
Ehomexpert Propane Fire Pit Table
This model comes with stainless steel, powder-coated frame. The square design seats six people, and you get a circular fire pit in the center of the table. The stainless steel burners have a 40,000-BTU output, with enough space in the storage cabinet to hold a 20lb propane tank.
The 31.7-inch height makes it ideal for use as a serving table, and the stainless steel burner cover gives you full use of the tabletop. The cabinet design is attractive and eye-pleasing, with a textured finish that gives the impression of faux wood construction.
- Attractive design suitable for use in contemporary and traditional homes
- 7-inch height with square tabletop design
- 40,000-BTU output
- Easy-to-clean tile tabletop
- Stainless steel basin
- Lava stones and rain cover included
Hanie Design BFP-200 Pillar Propane Fire Pit
If you have a smaller patio, check out this Hanie Design square propane fire pit. This model has a column design with a desirable concrete finish. It’s a great choice for modern or contemporary homes, with clean lines and smooth edges.
The Hanie Design propane fire pit features design and construction with a stainless steel burner. This model puts out 40,000-BTU, with an 18-inch fire bowl insert for an attractive aesthetic.
- Classic concrete design creates an attractive aesthetic around the patio
- Square design with 26-inch height and 16-inch tabletop
- 18-inch fire bowl and lava rocks included
- 40,000-BTU output
- Electric starter
Bond Manufacturing 63172 Newcastle Propane Firebowl
If you’re looking for an authentic Balinese-style fire pit for your patio, this model is a great choice.
The Bond Manufacturing Newcastle fire bowl features a classic design with a natural stone finish. The envirostone used in this model is durable and strong, giving you a long-lasting fire pit for your backyard.
This model comes with a 29-inch height, a fire bowl, a 40,000-BTU output.
The electric start and adjustable temperature controls allow for customizable operation on your patio. You get lava rocks included with your purchase, and there’s enough space in the cabinet for a 20lb propane tank.
- Stylish Bali fire pit design
- Suitable for contemporary and traditional homes
- 40,000-BTU output
- Natural envirostone design
- 29-inch height
- Fire bowl and lava stones included
Peaktop HF29402A Square Column Propane Fire Pit
The Peaktop is another Balinese-style propane fire pit for your patio. This model includes a faux stone design for the cabinet, with a sturdy and lightweight frame.
You get an electric start and temperature controls on the cabinet, with a 29-inch height. This model features a 40,000-BTU output, with a fire bowl and 6-lb of lava rock included with your purchase.
- Classic Bali fire pit design
- Electric starter
- 29-inch height
- Square table top with fire bowl and lava rocks included
- 40,000-BTU output
- Durable concrete construction
Endless Summer Propane Rock Top Fire Pit
This propane fire pit features a slate tabletop and a 30-inch stainless steel burner. The 25-inch table height is suitable for entertaining guests, with a 40,000-BTU output. The slate tabletop has a rustic finish, suiting traditional or modern homes.
There’s no need to seal the slate before use, and the cabinet features design and construction with stainless steel. The wicker-stamped stainless panels provide a fantastic visual aesthetic, and there’s plenty of room in the cabinet for a 20lb propane tank.
You get integrated electronic start with temperature control. This model is a stylish but expensive choice, seating four to six people.
- Attractive natural finish for traditional homes
- Wicker-stamped design
- Reinforced fiberglass construction for the tabletop
- Integrated electric start
- 25-inch table height with 31-inch table size
- Square black fire bowl included
- 50,000-BTU output
OT QOMOTOP Propane Fire Pit Table
This model features design and construction with stainless steel. The hammered bronze finish on the wicker-stamped cabinet panels is attractive and stylish.
You get a unit for use in modern and traditional homes, with a 50,000-BTU output.
This propane fire pit comes with a 20-inch gas hose, a 28-inch tabletop, and an electric start with temperature controls.
This lightweight and attractive model can seat four to eight people and includes a rain cover and lava rocks with your purchase.
- 28-inch square tabletop design
- Stamped wicker effect
- A rust-proof design with weather cover included
- Stainless steel fire pit
- Adjustable temperature settings
- 50,000-BTU output
Other Best Selling Options
- Wanting A Great Patio Party?: Having a patio party is different from an indoor party, outdoors you need to consider the coldness and a center of attention to gather everyone. A fire pit table can provide the atmosphere needed for a great time!
- 28-Inch Fire Table: A 28-inch fire table is well-spaced enough for holding drinks, food, and snacks for your party or romantic meat outdoors. So don’t let your guests hold drinks in their hands all night, provide a patio party where guests can sit, chillax and chat!
- Feel The Heat(50,000BTU): Ciays gas table can reach up to 50,000BTU to provide heat to whoever is around your fire table, we won’t leave you out in the cold! Keeping your food warm for the whole get-together, there’s nothing worse than eating cold food.
- Extra Benefits: To spice up the party atmosphere our propane fire pit has lava rocks in the center of the pit, imagining taking a glance into a volcano. The fire pit table has an external fire level control to easily maintain the atmosphere and heat level, furthermore, a pit lid for when the party is over.
- Safe & Easy To Use!: Safety first! Each table has been tested before reaching our users, just because it's the right thing to do! Ciays outdoor propane table is easy to use, all you need to do is connect a propane tank to the table. The whole process is so simple you can do it in under 1min!
- 50,000 BTU OUTPUT: Use a 20-pound propane tank to fill your patio or sitting space with fully adjustable, radiant heat for hours of outdoor enjoyment
- HIDEAWAY TANK HOLDER: Convenient gas tank holder is attached to the magnetic side door, so you can quickly change and conceal your propane tank
- DURABLE WICKER, WITH INCLUDED COVER: High-quality, weather-resistant wicker is woven over a sturdy, steel frame, with a durable fabric cover to ensure this fire pit table will withstand the elements
- ENJOY MORE TABLESPACE: Take the lid off the built-in side hooks and cover the pit to add more space for family and friends to enjoy a light meal
- GLASS BEADS & STEEL BOWL: Ignite an inviting flame over a removable bed of glass beads that trap and disperse heat while resisting corrosion; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 28"(L) x 28"(W) x 24.75"(H); Weight Capacity: 150 lbs.
- ELEGANT OUTDOOR FURNITURE: The perfect combination of style and functionality on your patio or in the backyard, with a beautiful wicker design and aluminum tabletop
- GLASS WIND GUARD: Ignite a warm, inviting flame over the sparkling glass rocks and watch it burn all night, as an included glass wind guard adds elegant appeal while keeping the fire going even during a breeze
- CONVENIENT HIDEAWAY TANK HOLDER: Intelligently crafted with a pullout gas tank holder, so you can change your propane tank in a flash and tuck it away to stay completely out of sight; works with a standard 20-pound propane tank at 50,000 BTU
- ENJOY MORE TABLE SPACE: Remove the wind guard, then take the lid off the built-in side hooks and place it over the pit to create more table space for family and friends to enjoy a good meal while sitting around the fire
- DURABLE WICKER, WITH COVER INCLUDED: High-quality, weather-resistant wicker is woven over a sturdy, aluminum frame, and a durable fabric cover is included to ensure this fire pit table will withstand the elements; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 52"(L) x 34"(W) x 24.75"(H)
- Includes stand, weather-resistant cover and wood pack
- Patented internal airflow system for better fire, low smoke and less ash
- 25" Diameter with approx. 16" depth and diameter on the inside
- Ash pan for easy cleanup and less mess
- You can use traditional firewood, but when used with a TIKI Brand Wood Pack you get all these benefits plus: An instant light fire, Predictable approximately 30-minute burn per pack
- Multifunction Fire Pit Table: Comes with a steel cover lid, this 2 in 1 gas fire pit can be easily converted into a nice outdoor dining table, coffee table or bar table by getting the lid on when not in use.
- Warm Bonfire: With a heat output of 50,000 BTU, you are assured of sufficient warmth on cool mornings and evenings, no longer suffer cold in the garden.
- Convenient Auto-ignition Device: The push-button ignition system allows you to light the table safely and effortlessly. Simply push the button, then turn the control knob on and adjust the flame to your desired temperature.
- Thoughtful Accessories: This patio fire pit table comes with a steel cover lid for versatile use of the table and 3kg/6.6lb lava rocks for effectively trapping the heat, reducing heat difussion.
- Durable Material: Durable steel-made tabletop can well prevent cracking and damage. The burner is made of high-quality stainless steel to make the flame intensive and last for long. Both the pull rings on the lid and the door are made of high quality zinc alloy preventing oxidation. This fire pit table aims to offer you years of warmth and enjoyment.
Propane Fire Pit Buyer’s Guide
After reading through the reviews, you should have an idea of the best propane fire pits. Let’s look at the factors you need to know before settling on the right model for your home. In this section, we’ll unpack all the features and functionality of propane fire pits.
What are the Pros and Cons of a Propane Fire Pit?
- Traditional Look – Propane models provide the same warmth and visual display as conventional fire pits. They come in a range of styles and sizes to suit any entertainment space.
- Precision Heat Control – Propane fire pits feature controls for adjusting the flame size and BTU output. There is no more need for stacking logs on the fire. You get a comfortable temperature with the twist of a knob. Propane fire pits come with electric starters; there’s no need for firelighters or cleanup.
- Eco-Friendly Operation – Traditional fire pits burn natural resources and create emissions. A propane fire pit burns clean, with the gas readily available from several retail locations, gas stations, and hardware supply stores. There are no emissions from propane, reducing the carbon footprint of your home.
- Quick Electric Start and Stop – Your propane fire pit requires no firelighters to start. You click a button or turn a dial, and the fire springs to life instantly. There’s no waiting around for the flames to catch, and no need to tend to the fire to prevent it going out. When you finish your propane tank, connect a new one, and keep the fire going.
- Customizable – Propane gas fire pits burn clean. Therefore, you can fill the fire bowl or pit with decorative fire stones or lava rocks to create an attractive visual aesthetic. Change out the rocks for different types to suit the ambiance of your gathering.
- No Mess or Smoke – With a propane fire pit, you get a clean-burning solution. That means there’s no smoke wafting in your face, and no need to install a chimney on your patio. Propane fire pits don’t create any ash, so cleanup is non-existent. All you do is turn it off, and that’s it.
- Propane is Cheap – Propane gas is affordable and readily available. Propane is cheaper than natural gas, but it burns faster. You’ll find a tank of propane is more affordable than a bag of wood in most states.
- A Propane Fire Pit Doesn’t Have the Same Feel like a Real Fire – While propane fire pits come close to replicating a woof fire, it’s not the same. However, the convenience and low-cost operation of a propane fire pit make it superior for home use.
What are the Models of Fire Pits?
There are three primary design types for propane fire pits.
Table-Style Fire Pit
This design is the most common style of a propane fire pit. These models typically feature square or rectangular design, with a table-height suitable for sitting around the fire pit. These models are a great choice for small gatherings of up to 6 to 8-people.
Fire Pit Bowls
These models typically sit off the floor, providing warmth from your feet up. These fire pits resemble the traditional design, and many of them feature a compact structure that’s easy to transport. Many camping models feature this bowl-design.
These models typically feature a square, column design, with a fire bowl sitting atop the column. It’s a popular choice for Balinese-style propane fire pits, and many come with a natural stone finish.
These fire pits provide an attractive aesthetic to your patio, and the smaller footprint means you can fit more people around the fire bowl.
What are the Best Fire Pit Materials?
The best propane fire pits come in a range of materials. We recommend looking for the use of the following materials in the design of your fire pit.
GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete) or Concrete Fire Pits
- Comes in a range of colors
- Typically features a single-piece, molded design
- Weather-resistant and durable
- Heavy frames and tabletops
Carbon Steel Fire Pits
- Comes with powder-coated finishes in a range of colors
- Uncoated designs might have problems with rust in humid locations
- Affordable and common
Stainless Steel Fire Pits
- The best choice for coastal or humid environments
- Long-lasting design with attractive, clean finish
- Strong, durable material that’s easy to clean
- More expensive than carbon steel
Aluminum Fire Pits
- Lightweight design for portable models
- Weather-resistant and rustproof
- Comes in brushed or powder-coated finishes
- Strong material for long service life
- More expensive than carbon steel models
Cor-Ten Fire Pits
- Stronger than stainless steel
- Natural look but might stain your deck
- No maintenance required
- Long service life
Copper Fire Pits
- Expensive material
- Visually attractive
- Handcrafted model available
Wicker Fire Pits
- Comes in authentic wicker and faux wicker stamped aluminum or steel
- Often combined with steel or aluminum
- Gives the fire pit an authentic look
- Models for traditional and contemporary homes
Tile and Stone Top Fire Pits
- Tile and stone top counters for durability and heat resistance
- Often combined with aluminum or steel bases
- Some models require sealing before use outdoors
- Durable and long-lasting
What are the Sizes of Fire Pits?
The best propane fire pits come in a range of sizes to suit your needs.
- 36″ or Under – These models typically feature fire bowl design, and many of them function for decorative use. They also make for compact fire pits with a small footprint, making them suitable for smaller patios.
- 36″ to 45″ – This size is the most popular choice with homeowners. This size is ideal for seating four to eight people, depending on the design.
- 45″ to 60″ – This size is best for large outdoor patios. You can fit between eight to 12-people around this fire pit.
What Shapes are Available for My Fire Pit?
The best propane fire pits come in three primary shapes.
- Rounded – If your patio or deck has curves, a rounded design will fit seamlessly into the décor. These models typically seat up to six people, depending on the size of the fire pit.
- Squared – Square propane fire pits are a good choice for patios with hard, straight lines. Most models allow for seating of four to six people, depending on the size.
- Rectangular – This design is the most popular shape for outdoor propane fire pits. Depending on the size of the model, you can fit up to 12-people around your fire pit. They’re a good choice for large entertainment areas.
What are the Different Styles of Fire Pits?
The best propane fire pits are available in a choice of two styles to suit the décor and theme of your home. Choose the model that suits your style.
- Traditional Fire Pit Designs – These models feature design with wood or stone materials. They have a non-conformist, rugged, and rustic look. Choose this style for your fire pit if you own a cabin, thatch home, or have natural stone around your patio.
- Modern Fire Pit Designs – These fire pits come with clean lines and materials like brushed stainless steel. This design gives you patio a refined and modern look.
What Height Do I Need for My Fire Pit?
You’ll need to choose the right table height to suit your outdoor furniture. Propane fire pits are available in the following heights.
Coffee Table Height – Under 23″
The lower-height of this coffee table gives it a traditional feel. It’s close to your feet and acts as a low-table. It’s a great choice for entertaining, but not a good choice for serving food. Most models feature a modern or contemporary design with this height. They utilize brushed stainless steel and aluminum in the frame and finish.
Chat Table Height – 24″ to 26″
This height is just above the knees. It provides a focal point between you and your guests. This table height is too low for dining but suitable for having drinks. Most models feature cabinets allowing you to store the propane tank underneath the fire pit. This height is also a popular choice for Balinese-style fire bowls.
Dining Table Height – 28″ to 30″
This size fire pit is a popular height for dining tables. You can sit around and chat comfortably as the fire glows between you. When it’s time to serve a meal, these models feature a cover for the fire pit, allowing you to use the entire table surface to serve your guests. Most of these models let you store the propane tank in a cabinet under the fire pit.
Counter Table Height – 36″ to 38″
If you have a stand-up counter on your patio, this height is a great choice for your propane fire pit. However, the higher the tabletop, the less heat you’ll feel around your legs.
What Kind of Decorative Fillers are Available for Fire Pits?
After unboxing your fire pit and setting it up, you’ll need to think about the decorative finishes you’re going to use. Propane fire pits burn clean, allowing you to fill the pit with attractive materials to improve the aesthetic.
There are plenty of options available from aftermarket suppliers. However, your fire pit should include lava stones or some decorative filler with your purchase. Some of the more common types of decorative fillers include the following.
- Blue or red fire glass
- Mosaic tempered fire glass
- lava rock and pebbles
- Dark solid-color fire stones
- Translucent crystal fire stones
There are plenty of styles of filler stones available for your propane fire pit. Each of these fillers offers you a different type of color theme and ambiance to your surroundings. Play around with the different types to see what you prefer.
Propane Fire Pit FAQs
How much propane will my firepit use?
According to user reviews and manufacturers guidelines, a 20-gallon propane tank provides you with around 4 to 4.5-hours of use at maximum output. You’ll need to make your preparations for the canister size around your run time and cabinet size. Make sure you select a propane tank that fits the cabinet space.
Is it safe to set up a propane fire pit on my deck?
According to most manufacturer guidelines, it’s entirely safe to use propane fire pits on wooden decks. However, you’ll need to ensure you complete a proper installation from an NRI-certified professional. It’s important to note that some states or cities might require you to have a permit to operate a fire pit on a deck. Check with your local authorities for more information.
Can I cook over a propane fire pit?
A propane fire pit does not have a design for cooking food. It’s solely for heating purposes only. Sure, you could get away with toasting some marshmallows over the flames. However, it’s not suitable for cooking meat. The fat will drip onto the fire bowl or heater, causing large flames.
Where should I buy my propane fire pit?
We recommend purchasing your propane fire pit from Amazon. Amazon has the best range and prices, and you get coverage with buyer protection on your order. Prime members get fast door-to-door shipping and hassle-free returns.
Propane Fire Pits – The Verdict
After reading through our review of the best propane fire pits and our buyer’s guide, you should have a good idea of the right model for your patio or entertainment area. However, we realize that it’s tough to choose between these fire pits. There’s so much choice; it’s challenging to settle on your final purchase decision.
If you’re struggling with selecting the right fire pit for your home, why not rely on one of our top models. Our top three picks are great choices.
The Barton Outdoor Propane Fire Pit is our best overall model. This propane fire pit offers you a classic look that suits both traditional and contemporary patio décor. The brushed stainless tabletop and lid provide an attractive aesthetic, and the sturdy, powder-coated frame features a deep bronzed finish. This model pushes out 50,000-BTUs and comes with free lava rocks and a rain cover.
The Hiland Propane Fire Pit wins our top honors for the best premium model in this review. It might have a steep price tag, but it’s an attractive model with a hammered bronze finish, stainless steel legs, and attractive cabinet doors. You get 40,000-BTU output, with square tabletop design.
If you’re going camping or want a portable model, check out the Heininger 5995 Portable Propane Outdoor Fire Pit. This model features a compact, lightweight design, making it easy to move around. You get a staggering 58,000-BTU output, with lava rocks and built-in fire bowl included. This model is affordable, making it the best budget buy in this review.