Are you a hobbyist woodworker or a professional carpenter? Do you find that there are times when you wish you had a table saw? However, for contractors, lugging a table saw around the job site is impractical. These heavy machines weigh a significant amount, and they take up space in your truck.
For DIY enthusiasts, you probably don’t have the space available in your workshop to house a table saw. Fortunately, there’s a solution to your problems. A mini table saw gives you all of the same advantages as a table saw in a compact package.
You get all the same features of full-size versions, including miter gauges, rip fences, and eye guards. However, with mini table saws, you have the option of packing them away out of sight after use. Contractors can carry them on the back of their trucks without compromising on space. Overall, they offer both professional and DIY enthusiasts a fantastic tool to add to their collection.
Mini-table taws have much smaller footprints than their full-size counterparts, but they offer you near to the same functionality as the full-size machine. This review looks at eight of the top mini table saws available. We unpack everything you need to know about these prospective machines.
We’ll give you a breakdown of the specs, a list of pros and cons, and make our recommendations on the best models for DIY and professional use.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Mini Table Saw Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Mini Table Saw Buyers Guide
- 5 Mini Table Saw FAQs
- 6 Mini Table Saws – The Verdict
We looked through dozens of listings to find these eight mini table-saw models. From our top eight, we selected these three as our picks for best-in-class machines. We have three choices, with options for the best premium, overall, and budget models. There’s something to suit any job site, project, or budget. Choose the table saw that suits your needs and your wallet.
- Best Pick: Huanyu Mini Table Saw
This Huanyu model wins our award for the best overall mini table saw in this review. With this model, you get all the features you would expect in a full-size machine with a compact footprint. You get adjustable speed, cutting height, and beveling. This model is a great choice for DIY enthusiasts that don’t have space for a full-size table saw in their workshop.
- Premium Pick: DEWALT Mini Table Saw
This model from DEWALT wins our award for the best premium model in this review. Like with any DEWALT power tool, this unit comes with an expensive price tag. However, you get what you pay for with this table saw. This model comes with all the standard features of a full-size saw, including a miter gauge, rip fence, and beveling table. It’s the ideal choice for contractors that need a rugged and reliable machine around the job site.
- Budget Pick: Apstour Mini Table Saw
DIY and craftspeople looking for a compact but useful mini table saw will love this model. You get a beveling tabletop with an adjustable cutting angle and powerful motor. This model is tiny, but you get full functionality for your crafts. It costs a variety of materials., including plastic, ceramics, and metals. Best of all, this model comes with an affordable price tag, making it our choice for the best budget model in this review.
Mini Table Saw Reviews
After checking out our top picks, let’s dive into them in more detail. We’ll also look at other models that are a good fit for the best mini table saw. Don’t forget to read through our buyer’s guide and FAQ section. We’ll give you all the information you need about choosing the right table saw for your workshop or job site.
Huanyu Mini Table Saw
If you’re a DIY carpenter looking for a handy machine for your workshop, this Huanyu mini table saw is a great addition to your tooling. It’s not the best choice for professional contractors, as it’s somewhat of an unknown brand. Therefore, we don’t have much information available on performance and reliability.
However, the stats on the machine look fantastic, offering you excellent performance and multi-functional operation. One of the unique features of this machine is the drill chuck accessory for use on the side of the table.
This machine offers an excellent range of functions, switching between drilling, cutting, and engraving, all in one device. Its lightweight, weighing 11-lbs, providing portability and compact storage around the workshop.
With this Huanyu model, you get an adjustable saw blade height, between 0 to 29mm, as well as an adjustable range of 0.6 to 9mm for the drill chuck. The 885 ungraded motor in this model produces variable speed control up to 3,000-rpm, with reliable and efficient operation.
This model operates quietly, with a low-noise motor and enough power to cut through wood, metals, and plastics. You get an adjustable miter gauge, ripping fence, and protective shield included with your purchase and robust drop-proof housing.
We like the oversized safety switch on the operator’s side, and you get surprising multi-functional operation from this machine that comes in handy around the workshop. We think this model deserves the title of the best overall mini table saw in this review.
- 885 model upgraded 300-Watt motor.
- Adjustable lifting saw blade.
- Multi-functional operation suitable for cutting, grinding, engraving, and drilling.
- Precise control over the cutting angle.
- Adjustable cutting depth from 0-29mm.
- Lightweight and low noise.
- HSS and alloy steel saw blades included with grinding wheel.
- Excellent pricing for functionality.
DEWALT Mini Table Saw
Carpenters and contractors looking for a professional-level machine will get the best value from this DEWALT mini table saw. DEWALT has a reputation as one of the premier brands in the power tool industry. Speak to any DEWALT owner, and they’ll tell you the tool lasts for years, providing no service issues.
This mini table saw from DEWALT is another excellent example of product quality from this global brand. With this table saw, you get an adjustable speed motor, running at speeds up to 5,800-rpm. DEWALT builds tools for contractors, so you can be sure you’re getting a motor that won’t burn out during your work.
This model also comes with an adjustable miter gauge and rip fence, as well as anti-kickback pawls, a push stick, and all the wrenches you need to change the blades. You get a 24T 8-1/4-inch saw blade included with the package and a modular guard system for safety.
The only issue we have with this model is the weight. The DEWALT mini table saw weighs in at 54-lbs. That’s a substantial load to carry around the job site. However, DEWALT builds the machine to last, with a thick base and durable frame.
We also like the non-slip rubber feet on the base that also serve as grips for carrying the machine around your job site. Overall, this DEWALT mini table saw is the best premium choice in this review and a must for contractors.
It might come with a heavy price tag, but you know you’re buying quality you can trust. If you’re a professional, then you can rely on the DEWALT name to get you through your cutting tasks on site. This model also includes a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty on all parts.
- Excellent brand reputation with DEWALT.
- Suitable for semi-industrial use.
- Portable and compact for contractors.
- Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails.
- Fast fence adjustments.
- Powerful 15-Amp, 5800-rpm motor.
- Onboard storage.
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Apstour Mini Table Saw
Are you into crafts for your hobby? This mini table saw is the perfect addition to your tooling. It’s a pocket-sized (well, almost) saw offering you portability and easy storage in small workshops. This model doesn’t have the power required by professional carpenters, but it’s the ideal choice for small craft projects.
Use this mini table saw for trimming and tailoring your projects to your custom designs. The 4-inch tabletop is ideal for smaller pieces, with the saw blade offering you a 15mm cutting depth. The blade works with plastic, ceramic, steel, and wood materials, providing accurate and efficient cutting.
This model includes a motor offering you 60-Watts of cutting power. The saw table also bevels to 90-degrees, allowing a custom setup for your cutting duties. This mini-table saw is compact, but you get all the essential features you need in the tool. There’s a miter gauge, and the laser-scaled plate allows for precision cutting of your material.
The clamp comes with a 24mm diameter, allowing for easy setup on any bench. You get rubber shock pads on the feet, reducing feedback and vibration during use. Our only gripe with this model is the lack of a rip fence, and there’s no protective guard. You’ll need to ensure you’re using safety goggles when using this machine.
However, it’s excellent value for money, and we give it top honors for affordability. This model wins the best budget mini table saw in this review.
- Super compact micro size for portability.
- Affordable quality.
- 15mm cutting depth.
- Three saw blades included.
- 24mm diameter table clamp.
- Four rubber shock feet pads.
- Miter gauge with laser scaled plate for precision cutting.
MicroLux Mini Tilt Arbor Table Saw
When it comes to choosing the best premium model for this review, this MicroLux model nearly usurps the DEWALT for the title of the best premium model in this review. Like the DEWALT, the MicroLux comes with a heavy price tag, but it’s $50 more affordable than the DEWALT.
However, you get plenty of functionality of the machine. It’s also notably lighter, measuring 11-lbs on the scales, which is around 40-lbs lighter than the DEWALT. However, you don’t get any loss on cutting power or efficiency with the MicroLux. This model offers superior cutting accuracy on any material.
You get a 7,000-rpm, adjustable speed motor included with this unit. Interestingly, MicroLux was the first company to introduce variable speed on mini table saws. The company has plenty of experience working with these machines, manufacturing motors offering long service life.
This model features design and construction in Japan, featuring top-quality components and workmanship. There’s a miter gauge and rip fence included with the package and left-to-right cutting action. The adjustable blade height reaches up to 1-inch, with an optional dado cutting system sold separately with the machine.
User reviews on the machine state it provides years of service life and a trustworthy carpentry experience. The machine offers excellent accuracy that’s on par with the DEWALT. You also get rubber feet on the base for absorbing shock during use.
There’s a large on/off safety switch at the front of the machine. However, we would prefer to see this in a brighter color, like yellow, for easy identification during operation. This mini table saw works with all saw blades featuring diameters from 3-1/4-inches, with a 10mm center hole.
- World-first variable speed table saw.
- Compact size for portability and storage.
- Superior accuracy.
- Unmatched reliability.
- A good alternative to the DEWALT for contractors.
- Less money than the DEWALT.
- High-quality design, made in Japan.
- 1-year limited warranty.
LIBAOTML Mini Table Saw
This model from LIBAOTML offers hobbyist carpenters an excellent choice for a functional and efficient mini table saw. This model is not only affordable, but it comes with plenty of accessories and plenty of functionality. However, it’s somewhat of an unknown brand, so you’ll have to take that into account when making your purchase.
If you can get past the unknown brand name, you’ll find that this company actually manufactures some top-quality DIY power tools. This mini table saw is the third generation of the saw offered by the company, and it’s best to date. With this version of the table saw, you get a larger operating platform for better control over your work.
This machine comes with the fastest motor in this review, offering you operating speeds of up to 10,000-rpm. However, we wouldn’t recommend this model for contractor use, as the quality of the motor is questionable. That said, there are plenty of positive buyer testimonials on the saw.
The 350-Watt motor offers you plenty of power for cutting plastics, metal, wood, and ceramic materials. You get a mini bench buffer grinder with a detachable 42.5-inch shaft for easy buffing of your projects. This model also includes an adjustable miter gauge, ruler, and ripping fence for total control over your material while cutting.
We also like that the manufacturer includes a bevy of accessories with this saw. You get several cutting discs, buffing discs, and grinding wheels included with the machine, along with plenty of other goodies for your saw.
- It’s an affordable choice for DIY use.
- Third generation TM-2 mini saw table.
- Multi-functional design for polishing, cutting, grinding, and engraving.
- High-efficiency variable speed up to 10,000-rpm.
- Adjustable 42.5-inch cutting shaft.
- Two saw blades, grinding wheel, and buffing wheel included.
- It has a lightweight and compact design.
- Come with a range of accessories.
Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
The Rockwell Bladerunner is another great choice for the contractor or DIY use. We think it’s the better choice for DIY, but we’re sure some professional carpenters can benefit from this machine. We love the user-friendly design of this model. It comes with a sturdy cast frame that looks rugged and reliable. We like the addition of the handle cutout on the tabletop for easy carrying around the job site.
This model weighs 15-lbs, which is more than then MicroLux, but lighter than the DEWALT. Therefore, it’s ideal for transporting around the job site, without wearing out your arms. With the Rockwell Bladerunner, you get a highly functional saw with a compact footprint offering easy storage in your workshop tooling or on the back of your truck.
This model comes with rubberized feet for shock absorption and slips resistance during use. We like the oversized safety switch for the on/off function and the built-in storage in the front of the machine for tools. This model also features an adjustable miter gauge and rip fence, with 0-60° adjustability for any cutting angle.
The innovative guard and riving knife system allow the operator to make easy rip and crosscuts in any material. The tool-less blade changes make maintenance a breeze, and you get full-size performance from a mini table saw. This model comes with a no-load speed of 3,000-rpm, a blade stroke length of ¾-inches, and a 5.5-Amp motor for plenty of power.
- A good choice for semi-industrial use.
- Affordable quality you can trust.
- Easy setup in seconds.
- It provides a similar cutting experience to a full-size machine.
- Tool-less blade changes.
- Multi-functional operation.
- Safety switch included.
- 0-60° adjustable miter cuts.
- 3-year limited warranty.
Huanyu 40MM Mini Table Saw
This model from Huanyu is another great choice from this manufacturer. This model is the step-down from the mini table saw that won the best overall model in this review. If you’re looking for a top-performing DIY machine, then this model is a great choice for your workshop.
It’s important to note that this model is only suitable for craft use. Using it on the job site dramatically reduces the machine’s service life – take that into consideration before making your purchase. However, if you’re a hobbyist craftsperson, this machine is all you need to finish your projects.
This mini table saw comes with variable speed control between 1,000 to 3,000-rpm, with a 24-Volt motor that plugs into any household power supply.
This model includes a forward and reverse switch with a miter gauge and rip fence included. There’s an eye guard and one 24-inch saw blade included with your package. You get an adjustable cutting angle of between 0 to 90°, giving you plenty of range with this machine.
While you don’t get as many accessories as the other model, this mini table saw comes with everything the hobbyist carpenter needs to finish their projects. You have the option of purchasing accessories like drill heads separately, increasing the functionality of the machine.
This model is one of the lightest in this review, weighing less than 9-lbs. It’s ideal for easy transport around the workshop, offering you compact storage when not in use.
- Another great choice from this brand.
- Adjustable cutting angle: 0-90°.
- Variable motor speeds between 1,000 to 3,000-rpm.
- Compatible for use with metal, wood, and plastic.
- Forward/reverse switch.
- Anti-slip footpads.
- Miter gauge and cutting fence included.
Sazoley Mini Precision Table Saws
Our final mini table saw in this review is the ideal choice for hobbyist carpenters. This lightweight and affordable machine offer you plenty of versatility around the workshop. The high-speed motor in this model delivers operating speeds between 1,000 to 3,000-rpm, with variable speed settings. That’s pretty impressive for such a small machine.
However, the most impressive feature of this model is its weight. This mini table saw weighs just over 4-lbs, making it the lightest model in this review. It’s easy to store away after use. with a compact footprint. This mini table saw is a great choice if you can’t sacrifice space around the workshop.
The motor in this model offers you seven-speed settings, along with a cutting depth of up to 35mm. You get a miter gauge and a rip fence included with this model, as well as an eye guard for safety. It’s a compact tool with all the bells and whistles of the other models in this review.
Sure, you might not get all the accessories included with some of these models. However, you get a functional and affordable tool at an affordable price point. This mini table saw is suitable for cutting a range of materials, from wood to metal to plastics.
One drawback for us on this model is the open-body design. While we love how it makes the machine light, it also makes it easy for dust to get at the motor in the saw. You’ll need to ensure you keep this machine clean after every use. The safety switch is also smaller than we like, with no light or identifying color.
- Super lightweight at 4-lbs.
- Compact design for easy storage.
- Seven adjustable speeds up to 3,000-rpm.
- Rip fence and miter gauge included.
- Corrosion-resistant frame.
- Suitable for cutting metal, wood, and plastic.
- Easy operation.
Other Best Selling Options
- 🌲➤Mini Hobby Table Saw- This is a kind of multifunction mini table saw, comes with high speed steel sawblade, and which is 14mm projected out from the tabletop.
- 🌲➤Lightweight&Portable- Compact size, easy to use and easy to carry. Made of aluminum alloy and cold rolled steel material, wear resistance and can provides long service time.
- 🌲➤Safety&Angle Cutting- 96W high power, 7-gear speed control powersupply can meet the cutting requirements of different materials.Comes with dust pick up hose allows connected with cleaner so that the debris generated during cutting to be free from splashing and safer.
- 🌲➤Multifunctional Table Saws- Precise scale design, laser engraving, wear-resistant and not easy to fade. The adjustable transparent acrylic guard to prevents touching the sawblade by mistake and will not block your sight.
- 🌲➤Wide Application- Suitable for cutting PCB, small wood-sticks, PMMA, ring-pull can, thin wood board, aluminum alloy and etc.. Perfect for DIY handicraft, model building, woodworking decoration, and etc.. You can have a try.
- This Mini Table Saw is a mini benchtop mounted cut-off saw with high-speed steel blade for cutting metal, wood, plastic and other light materials.
- This Benchtop Cut Off Miter Saw has adjustable miter gauge, perfect for all your DIY projects.
- This precision bench saw makes perfect cuts in soft metals, wood and plastic in 1/10th the time it takes by hand.
- Compact size and portable; easy to use for cutting metal, aluminum, copper, Plastic and wood.
- This bench-top saw is so accurate that you might never have to file or sand ends.
- 【Adjustable Cut Depth】The height of the saw blade from the table top is adjustable, with a range of 0-19/32 inch. And this small table saw with a cut depth of 0-1/2 inch. We provide 4 commonly used circular saw blades, which can meet your basic cutting needs!
- 【Application】Suitable for PCB, Small wooden stick, Acrylic, Thin wood, Plastic, Model material cutting, Aluminum alloy, Iron and Stainless steel cutting, etc. With this small table saw you can easily make some small crafts, small woodworking projects!
- 【Convenient】It is a tiny table saw, please check the machine dimensions (L x W x H) 7x5.5x3", weight 4.2 lbs, compact size, easy to carry and small space. Equipped with a transparent safety baffle, does not block your sight. It can perform 90° right-angle cutting and 45° bevel cutting.
- 【Details】With 5mm thick Aluminum alloy panel, Aluminum alloy Backer and Angle ruler, Metal shell; with 4 Anti-skid foot pads, anti-skid and shock absorption; Precision scale, Square slot; with a Dust suction hose for dust-free cutting.
- 【Includes】1x Mini table saw,1x HSS saw blade, 1x Alloy saw blade, 1x PCB saw blade, 1x Resin grinding wheel cutting disc, 1x large Allen wrench, 2x small Allen wrench, 1x dust absorption tube, 1x 96w 7-speed regulating power supply, 1x miter gauge,1x transparent board.
- Functional Diversification: Our mini table saw allows for versatile use that can be used for small wooden stick cutting, acrylic cutting, aluminum alloy cutting, model material cutting, plastic cutting, etc. It applied to DIY craft workshops, creative research, and development.
- Angle Cutting: There is 0-90 degree cutting that helps you work more conveniently. With acrylic baffle, this machine does not block the line of sight and makes sure the easy operation in the condition of security.
- Upgraded Motor: Small table saw is equipped with a 7 level power adapter that works more efficiently. Seven gears can be changed depending on your demands in order to meet your different cutting speeds.
- Precise Scale: Mini precision table saw has a steel frame structure, is high-quality, and is more durable. The maximum cutting depth is 1.3 in / 33 mm. The precision cutting degree ensures that it is not easy to fade and satisfy your high standards.
- Portability and Practicality: This hobby table saw 3 inches is compact which weighs 9.3 lbs / 4.2 kg, easy to transport, and storage. The installation procedure is brief and swift, so this product is very practical. No worries for home use or carry out.
- ★Unibody Steel Frame★ Solid steel unibody frame with 5mm thick alumimum alloy platform durable no deformation ensure the flatness and clean cutting performance,protective plate over the saw blade safe to use
- ★Dual Motor Multi-function Design★ 775 type main motor for cutting work and 775 type vice motor with 2 inch adhesive pad for polishing work
- ★Blade Height Adjustment and Various Material Cutting Capacity★ Euquipped with blade height adjustment structure with 0-22mm range and equipped 80mm HSS circular saw blade, 63mm diamond saw blade and 80mm alloy saw blade for PCB board,plastic, PVC, wood,balsa,acrylic material cutting to meet your DIY crafts demands
- ★Precision Cutting★ Equipped with T slot and miter gauge on the desktop with laser scaled panel, pecisely cutting will be easier
- ★Compact Size and Low Noise★ 9.06X7.09X3.1inch(L*W*H) mini size to save your worktable space and four rubber damping pad on the bottom ensure anti-slip and shock-absorbing with low noise when working, you can use it just at home
Mini Table Saw Buyers Guide
After reading through the reviews of our top models, this section will give you everything you need to know about choosing the right machine.
Mini Table Saw Features to Look for
Before you rush out and purchase a mini table saw, make sure it offers you all the following features.
- Flat top – You’ll need a perfectly level and robust table for your work. Make sure you choose a model with a thick table top, preferably featuring cast-iron construction or die-cast aluminum.
- Fence type – The rip fence must lockdown to the table and be parallel to the blade.
- Miter gauge -The miter gauge allows for the adjustment of the material to custom cutting angles. Most miter gauges adjust from 0 to 90-degrees.
- Power – The best mini table saws operate 7 to 15-Amp motors, producing saw speeds up to 10,000-rpm. Make sure you have a saw that suitable for your task.
- Add-ons – Some models come with side attachments allowing for the addition of extra table space.
- Tool-less Blade Changes – The best mini table saws come with tool-less blade changes to help you maintain your productivity on projects.
- Beveling Capability – Look for beveling tables. This function lets you cut at angles up to 60-degrees.
- Adjustable Blade Height – Some models come with adjustable blade heights to let you get through thicker materials.
- Variable speed control – Look for models offering different speed settings or variable speed control.
- Safety Features – Look for models offering you large on/off switches with lights or bright colors for easy identification and access during use.
How Do I Clean My Mini Table Saw?
Cleaning the table saw after each session ensures no buildup of dirt and grime in the machine. A light dusting with an air can or air compressor is all it takes to keep it clean.
Mini Table Saw Safety Tips
- Never start the machine with something resting on or touching the saw blade.
- Never freehand your cuts, always use the rip fence.
- Use the miter gauge, not the rip fence, for making your crosscuts.
- Ensure your material is flat against the tabletop when cutting.
- Turn off the power and unplug the machine when not in use.
Mini Table Saw FAQs
Why are table saws so dangerous?
Table saws are handy machines, but they require a healthy level of respect by any operator. You’ll need to ensure you’re using the correct PPE at all times when operating the saw. The table saw is the cause of many workshop injuries due to how the operator slides the material over the face of the saw blade. Always ensure you follow proper operating procedures when using the machine.
Why doesn’t my table saw cut straight?
There could be a few reasons why your table saw isn’t cutting in a straight line. The most common reasons for this fault include the following.
- An inexperienced operator using the machine.
- A warped saw blade.
- A loose saw blade.
- The blade isn’t running square to the tabletop.
- The rip fence isn’t parallel to the blade.
Can I use my mini table saw on a stand?
Sure, you could set your mini table saw on an independent stand, but then you’re missing the point of the machine; these saws often come with a clamping design allowing for direct clamping to a workbench. A mini table saw has a portable design, allowing you to travel with it or store it away out of sight.
Where can I buy the best mini table saw?
We recommend purchasing your mini table saw from Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer. Amazon has the best range of power tools across all categories and models for all the leading manufacturers. Amazon offers you fast shipping, buyer protection on your order, and hassle-free exchanges and returns.
Mini Table Saws – The Verdict
By now, you should have a good idea of the right mini table saw to suit your professional or DIY needs. However, if you’re on the fence with your decision, why not go with one of our top picks?
- The Huanyu Mini Table Saw wins our award for the best overall mini table saw in this review. This model comes with many of the premium features of top models but a better price tag. While it’s a relatively unknown power tool brand, there are plenty of positive user reviews on this machine.
- The DEWALT Mini Table Saw is our choice for the best premium model in this review. This machine might be heavy, but it’s a sign of the quality you get with this model. This machine is the ideal choice for contractors that need a powerful saw with a compact footprint.
- The Apstour Mini Table Saw is a great deal and the best value-for-money mini table saw in this review. This model is the best choice for hobbyist craftspeople looking for a reliable table saw. This model comes with a compact footprint, plenty of power, and a beveling tabletop for adjustable cutting angles.